PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic lid

TheTramp
06-27-2005, 03:01 PM
Does anyone know if Empire has any plans to make a Halo/Realoader B shell/lid with the magnets that they put in the Realoader 2?

I LOVE the magnetic closing. It's really easy to deal with and I've had no problem with the lid coming open in game.

I plan on rigging up some magnets on my Realoader B which has a lid which wont stay closed anymore.

68magOwner
06-27-2005, 03:47 PM
i have had magnets on my halo lid long before the reloader 2, definately help out

p8ntball365
06-27-2005, 03:51 PM
Even if they did make one all you have to pay is $2.50 for some earth magnets and a thing of crazy glue.

TheTramp
06-27-2005, 03:56 PM
I'm going to do that but the design of the Realoader 2's lid has sturdy mounts for the magnets which I'm sure will last much longer than crazy glued parts in places where they weren't intended.

warbeak2099
06-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Wow, $2.50 to ensure your lid won't open during a game is really a hardship. Sounds like a no brainer to me. Just buy some rare earth magnets from radio shack and glue em on.

68magOwner
06-27-2005, 06:36 PM
I'm going to do that but the design of the Realoader 2's lid has sturdy mounts for the magnets which I'm sure will last much longer than crazy glued parts in places where they weren't intended.

i have 3 sets of magnets on my lid (2 to close, one to hold open) all super glued down, and, yes, they occasionally break off, but, the good part is, since they are magnets (doh) they will stick together when they break off, so, you wolnt lose em, and, if one of the closing pairs breaks, its not a big deal, if the hold open pair breaks, inconvient, but, once again, no big deal, if all 3 pairs break simultaneously, or the 2 closing pairs both break off would be the only reason you would have to take a break from playing, and even then, 5 minutes to find the super glue/re-glue them, not a big deal, mine have probably broken off on 3 occasions over the last few years

mobsterboy
06-27-2005, 09:09 PM
there are stronger things than crazy glue
:ninja:
such as ancient devil secrets

68magOwner
06-28-2005, 12:14 AM
such as ancient devil secrets

GADevil does magnet mods?
or are you just stealing his terminology?

TheTramp
06-28-2005, 08:23 AM
Yes, I understand that one can glue magnets on their existing hopper. In fact I wrote about that in my first post.

What I'd like to know is if anyone knows if Empire has any plans on incorperating the magnet design from their Realoader 2 loader into their Realoader B loader. I'd like to buy a set of those shells.

Slimm Jimm
06-28-2005, 08:29 AM
Even if they did make one all you have to pay is $2.50 for some earth magnets and a thing of crazy glue.

why are rare earth magnets so common? :rolleyes: