PDA

View Full Version : Warp hook up

mag59459
11-29-2001, 09:38 PM
when you get a warp feed do you need do get peices other than what it comes w/ to connect it?

Russ
11-29-2001, 09:49 PM
Well, it all depend on which Warp Feed you get (AGD or PTP) and what type of gun your mounting it on.

Here are the differences;

1. AGD has the vibration sensor mounted in the housing, PTP has it built into the mounting bracket.

2. The PTP's vibration sensor must plug into the warp feed housing, where the intellifeed cable would go. The AGD unit therefore has a vibration sensor back-up in case of the gun's battery/electronics failing (God forbid!) With the PTP Warp, you have EITHER vibration sensing or intellifeed, with no redundant system back-up.

3. PTP mounting bracket is a 2-piece unit, while AGD's is 1 piece. The 2 pieces allows for more adjustability.

4. AGD's has a plastic power feed adapter, with a long & short parabolic feed plug, while PTP's has an aluminum power feed/vert feed adapter. PTP's also comes with 2 aluminum screw-in adapters to replace the vert feeds on Angels and Bushmasters/Defiants/Intimidators.

5. PTP's also comes with a CP hopper insert which expands the hopper's neck to fit tightly in the warp's body (sadly, they give the black one, which is larger than the blue one CP makes, it's too big for my revy)

6. AGD customer service is second to none. PTP's, well, IMO isn’t so great!

Both units come with all mounting hardware. The new PTP units have the gray hose and the AGD ones now come with a black hose that utilizes O-rings to fit the adapters. The hose fits real snug.

If you call AGD and ask, they will more than likely give you an E-Mag interface cable, free of charge!

As far as sensitivity, I haven't noticed much difference. BTW both of my warps have been modded to use 2 9v batteries in parallel. (9v w/twice the run time)

...ain't cut & paste neat?

mag59459
11-30-2001, 01:49 PM
what exactly does the e-mag interface cable do?

Thordic
11-30-2001, 02:19 PM
I kinda like my grey hose over Riotz's black hose. It seems a little sturdier, and the orings are a pain in the butt.

My hose fits extremely nice without any orings :)

Am I the only one who used the leftover hose to make little GI Joe sized speedball fields? :rolleyes:

j/k :)

Russ
11-30-2001, 03:45 PM
It interfaces the E-Mag w/the Warp, i.e. the warp spins with each trigger pull.

I went with the black hose purely for looks. The O-rings are a major PITA.

PyRo
12-01-2001, 03:19 PM
PTP 90 degree adapters are nasty. The screw thing puts a nice indent in your pf.