PDA

View Full Version : chrome question, someone help me out

TheBigRaguPB4L
11-29-2001, 10:19 PM
someone help me out. now i've been trying to get some crome parts for a couple of my guns. but when i get them in the mail, they're 2 different things. i'm pretty sure one is crome and one is nickel plated. some one want to explain to me or let me know how to tell the difference. on the website it says crome for everything, yet i get 2 different kinds of crome.

magmonkey
11-29-2001, 10:47 PM
actual chrome is rare in paintball
first of all there are two types of chrome ... industrial and show chrome industrial is not pretty and verry durible
where as show chrome is what you see on most cars and what would be cool in paintball this is achived by plating the part in copper and then in nickel plate polished and then chrome plated and buffed again
ost of the "chrome" finishes in paintball are usualy actualy buffed nickel plating (there is nothing wrong with this there is actualy not much difference between the chrome and the polished nickle) I think what you are seeing in the differences in your parts are different types of metals under the plating and different qualitys in the polishing done in manufacturing
hopefully i helped a little and didn't ramble too much i am very tired

TheBigRaguPB4L
11-29-2001, 10:52 PM
they're both very shinny and have a good finish to it. they're just look totally different and different shades. i'm trying to get them all to match, but i always get one piece different. but i was right, one is nickel and the other is crome?