PDA

View Full Version : Check Out The Website

overkill8000
06-28-2005, 10:18 AM
yeah the team im on now has a website, but i still have some probs, i need ppl opions. now dustins gun now has a autococker hinge frame on it and brandons gun now has a dallara body on it, and we need a group photo and feild pic. we will be up dateing the pics and there is pouse to be music but its not workin and there one misspelled word...............see it takes for ever to reload the site so i want it to be right when i do it so please post your opions or just changes that would be cool......... thks...................

www.freewebs.com/officalteamgenesis/

Maggot6
06-28-2005, 10:37 AM
Wow, impressive. But the banners at the top should be stretched out a bit more. And get that Mag upgraded :ninja:

Dayspring
06-28-2005, 10:51 AM
Brandon's Marker-- should be "dropped"

Dustin's Marker-- "R" in Ricochet should be capitalized. It's a proper noun (Name)

Kyle's Marker-- WDP should be capitalized. Proper noun. (Name). Same for Halo B. "Setup up a lot." I think it should read "I love the setup a lot." Period after hopper, not a comma.

Brian's Marker-- "P" in Piranha should be capitalized. "C" in currently should be capitalized. Remove the "I" before It's and capitalize the "I" in It's. Also capitalize the "I" in "I hope to have." "P" and "E" in Pure Energy should be capitalized.

Josh's Marker-- WGP should be capitalized. "O" in Outcast should be capitalized. And it should be spelled Outkast. Replace period after Outkast with a comma, & "F" in Freak should be capitalized. Should not be "I also got" should be "I also have." "C" in Crossfire should be capitalized. Should be 4500, not 45000.

Tourney Sched-- your formatting is off. The title of the field is wrapping to the second line in front of the phone #.

Bio-- Should spell out South Carolina. Not everybody knows what "sc" is. "G" in Genesis should be capitalized. "Proper noun-name." "Are" should be "Our" for "Our team colors" and "Our team includes." "C" in captain should be capitalized. The guys' last names should be capitalized as well. "C" in "Co-Captain" should be capitalized. Nav button should not be all caps. Should be "Bio" to match all other nav buttons.

Local Field-- Nav button is spelled wrong. Should be "Field." "P" in Psycho Paintball (both of them) should be capitalized. Proper noun/name. "There" should be "their" as in "know their stuff." "a" should be "an" as in "an airball field." "G" in Genesis should be capitalized. Proper noun/name. Put a comma after "Oh yeah" and remove the "and." Correct spelling of the word "field" and capitalize the "J" in June. Might want to update the date as well, as it's almost July.

BTW- You're welcome. :) I should charge you for proofreading. ;)

overkill8000
06-28-2005, 11:00 AM
i no about the nav button but since your in to high detail alot its a lot u can't spell it that way............

overkill8000
06-28-2005, 11:03 AM
Wow, impressive. But the banners at the top should be stretched out a bit more. And get that Mag upgraded :ninja:

well he got the dallara body on it and the x valve now he savin up for devil mag trigger frame............

KapitalJin
06-28-2005, 11:12 AM
Wow a 45000 psi tank... I want one of those! hehe

overkill8000
06-28-2005, 11:54 AM
Wow Thanks Didnt See That............

Dayspring
06-28-2005, 11:55 AM
FYI- I've updated my list.

tribalman
06-28-2005, 01:48 PM
"Setup up a lot." I think it should read "I love the setup alot." Period after hopper, not a comma.

Proper grammer dictates that the sentence should read "I love the setup a lot.". It's not one word, but two.

overkill8000
06-28-2005, 01:48 PM
ok now we got all that downn pack any ideas on change like graphics and all............

urbansix
06-28-2005, 02:50 PM
Down pack? :confused:

The graphics are pretty cool, I have to say. There are some issues with word wrap in the schedule section, with columns out of line, at least on my browser. If I had to change something I would go with a cooler font, but this looks pretty good.

I can't get past the bad grammar and spelling, however. You are turning 18 (according to your profile) so are either a senior or just graduated. You should be able to do better than that. It will be the only thing anybody judges the website on because it is so egregious. Using bad diction, shorthand, slang spelling, and other youth-isms may be acceptable in a chatroom, and on some forums, but for a web page you need to take it up a notch. This may not be a resume, job application, or term paper, but it is your written hand, and reflects on you. I know I wouldn't give it, or anything written that badly, a second look, graphics and coding notwithstanding.

Ken Majors
06-28-2005, 03:31 PM

The graphics are pretty cool, I have to say. There are some issues with word wrap in the schedule section, with columns out of line, at least on my browser. If I had to change something I would go with a cooler font, but this looks pretty good.

I can't get past the bad grammar and spelling, however. You are turning 18 (according to your profile) so are either a senior or just graduated. You should be able to do better than that. It will be the only thing anybody judges the website on because it is so egregious. Using bad diction, shorthand, slang spelling, and other youth-isms may be acceptable in a chatroom, and on some forums, but for a web page you need to take it up a notch. This may not be a resume, job application, or term paper, but it is your written hand, and reflects on you. I know I wouldn't give it, or anything written that badly, a second look, graphics and coding notwithstanding.

A down pack is very comfy when playing in the winter up in here in snowy Ohio. :rolleyes:

I agree with the grammar, you should try and make it look as polished as you can.

My 2 cents.

overkill8000
06-28-2005, 03:35 PM
yeah i no bout the grammar see the program i use takes for ever to upload it on to the site so when i do it i want everything to be perfect but u guys are a big help.........

OmniM
06-28-2005, 03:37 PM
just curious, what resolution on the monitor did you have when you made this?

Others, great work :D.... maybe lil large fonts ;)

Jaan
06-28-2005, 03:42 PM
Interestingly, my internet explorer wouldn't allow me to see the site at first ... *freewebs.com was in the list of restricted sites. I never put it there but apparently a list was uploaded at some point in the upgrade / patch process (SP2 and all patches current as of this date). Firefox was no problem and IE wasn't once I took it off the list.

Oh yeah, if you're not already doing it it's a good idea to install other browsers and look at the site with different ones. Not all browsers act the same, every once in a while something is displayed differently than with IE.

CKY_Alliance
06-28-2005, 03:54 PM

hahah him graduate hahah thats funny....no hard feelings man.

matmc89
06-28-2005, 04:05 PM
on your tourney schedule, since it says you play cfoa, under rock hill it is no longer paintball spot. The field is now Paintball Central(local field). The website should be www.pballcentral.com
:cheers: ..see you there

Dayspring
06-28-2005, 04:20 PM
I KNOW... It's KNOW...

yeah i no bout the grammar see the program i use takes for ever to upload it on to the site so when i do it i want everything to be perfect but u guys are a big help.........

overkill8000
06-28-2005, 04:45 PM
just curious, what resolution on the monitor did you have when you made this?

Others, great work :D.... maybe lil large fonts ;)

mines real nice its high detailed and just cool lookin

OmniM
06-28-2005, 06:29 PM
my real nice it high detailed and just cool lookin

... and by that you mean... what?

Im on 1900x1200 and I feel the page very "large" so wonder how it looks on a 1024 resolution ...

Echo419
06-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Now did one of you actually do all that flash, or did you download a flash page template...?

VFX_Fenix
06-28-2005, 09:18 PM
... and by that you mean... what?

Im on 1900x1200 and I feel the page very "large" so wonder how it looks on a 1024 resolution ...

On 1024X768 the page feels big, but it seems to autoscale or something. FYI the Banners and other graphics at this "low resolution" kill the image quality and certain images are broken along the bottom. The Banners being scrunched also distracts more than banners normally do because they look "off".

CKY_Alliance
06-28-2005, 10:19 PM
Now did one of you actually do all that flash, or did you download a flash page template...?

Flash program...

CKY_Alliance
06-28-2005, 10:21 PM
On 1024X768 the page feels big, but it seems to autoscale or something. FYI the Banners and other graphics at this "low resolution" kill the image quality and certain images are broken along the bottom. The Banners being scrunched also distracts more than banners normally do because they look "off".

banners are that way so there could be more of them so we could get the URL out there and get hits...i dont know why he didnt make a new page for that stuff....only say i have had in it is what to put on my page and with that i just told him what to type...

overkill8000
06-28-2005, 10:25 PM
look it looks tight on my pc maybe u got a piece of crap pc not my prob on graphics

i admitt spellin sucks

Dayspring
06-28-2005, 10:46 PM
You need to design for the lowest common denominator. (Or to dumb it down for you, the lowest possible system requirements.) What looks cool on your machine can and DOES look distorted on other peoples'.

overkill8000
06-28-2005, 10:54 PM
thats very tru or i could do like most sites have two graphics modes one with flash player and one with out..........thks...........

WARPED1
06-28-2005, 11:38 PM
Very nice.

overkill8000
06-28-2005, 11:48 PM
Very nice.

thanks warped

quik
06-28-2005, 11:55 PM
Learn to spell, and learn to use flash better.

other than that, its okay I guess.

WARPED1
06-29-2005, 12:12 AM
thanks warped
YW, it's not bad for one of those free sites. Spellcheck is your friend though ;).........

overkill8000
06-29-2005, 11:08 AM
Learn to spell, and learn to use flash better.

other than that, its okay I guess.

what are u talkin about u cant use it better thats as good as it gets with the wraping and graphics on my pc look awsome and i no not every body pc the same and i shouuld make it more for every but let me see your site please...............

overkill8000
06-29-2005, 11:09 AM
YW, it's not bad for one of those free sites. Spellcheck is your friend though ;).........

thanks i no it just takes to long to re upload it so i want it to be perfect before i re upload it and soon were buyin the domain name and it wount be a free site.

Dayspring
06-29-2005, 12:21 PM
Good god, you can't type or write in correct english can you?

Your parents should ask your grade school & high school teachers for a refund. Apparently something didn't stick...

overkill8000
06-29-2005, 12:34 PM
on here its short hand and on the site theres only one misspelled word the rest is puncation and that was just a misshapp cause im use to typeing online and i was in a hurry........... and i didnt ask to get slammed about it, one person already told me about it, so u can just close it up and keep it to yourself u would do me and others a big favor...... u tryin to slam me wich by the way wasnt funny is just cause your some immature 12 yearold and u give paintball a bad name... :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

overkill8000
06-29-2005, 12:37 PM
i appoligize dayspring i just read your profile and your not some 12 yr old kid i appoligize i am so sorry. for making fun of 12 year olds. your from NJ that explains it......

overkill8000
06-29-2005, 12:44 PM
Proper grammer dictates that the sentence should read "I love the setup a lot.". It's not one word, but two.

hes so high and mighty how he didnt catch that i dont no.........

CKY_Alliance
06-29-2005, 12:46 PM
its just a little constructive critiscim.(SP?)

WARPED1
06-29-2005, 12:50 PM
your from NJ that explains it......
ROFLMFAO, sorry 'spring that was funny.

overkill8000
06-29-2005, 01:41 PM
i thought it was a bit funny to. alllll who am i kiddin i found it real funny, but thanks again warped..........

Dayspring
06-29-2005, 01:49 PM
I give paintball a bad name because I actually use the english language instead of totally slaughter it?

That's interesting logic.

i appoligize dayspring i just read your profile and your not some 12 yr old kid i appoligize i am so sorry. for making fun of 12 year olds. your from NJ that explains it......

overkill8000
06-29-2005, 02:01 PM
I give paintball a bad name because I actually use the english language instead of totally slaughter it?

one misspelled word the rest was puncuation and i admitted it and u keep on the subject and your one to talk, its a lot not alot and every person did there own bio........... not me so they all got a problem too then......... :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Dayspring
06-29-2005, 02:04 PM
No, I keep on the subject of your continued abuse of the english language. I haven't mentioned your site since page 1.

And I admit that I missed ONE thing. ONE thing out of the laundry list that I pulled from your site.

Good god, shoot me now for 1 mistake, which BTW I corrected on my list- look at the edit time.

overkill8000
06-29-2005, 02:10 PM
no see thats bull u were tryin to make fun of me and i didnt work out to well, so whatever......
and ur the one that is being so specfic on spelling and now ur gettin upset cause i brought up your spellin misshapp.... hmmmmmmmm sounds like u dont like your own advice..........
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

CKY_Alliance
06-29-2005, 02:13 PM
one misspelled word the rest was puncuation and i admitted it and u keep on the subject and your one to talk, its a lot not alot and every person did there own bio........... not me so they all got a problem too then......... :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Lies all lies you typed my bio...which isnt even a bio.

overkill8000
06-29-2005, 02:15 PM
bull u typed it on aim..... i highlighted and pasted so ur lyin............

overkill8000
06-29-2005, 02:20 PM
it dont matter every one makes mistakes but after u told me them i said kool thanks u know whatever.......then u kept goin on and on and try to make fun of me. is your life so bilitteled that u have to sit online and patronize me. i use short hand on pc cause im typeing a lot and dont have time......but whatever please someone else gimme your opions..........

Dayspring
06-29-2005, 02:44 PM
Actually no. I am not the one getting upset. I really don't care. Did an error get pointed out? Yup. But where in this entire thread do you see me get upset over it?

The issue is your command or lack thereof of the english language. And it's shown more on AO than on your site.

no see thats bull u were tryin to make fun of me and i didnt work out to well, so whatever......
and ur the one that is being so specfic on spelling and now ur gettin upset cause i brought up your spellin misshapp.... hmmmmmmmm sounds like u dont like your own advice..........
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Dayspring
06-29-2005, 02:54 PM
And if you typed and spelled correctly, you'd save yourself the time to hit an extra key or two for a word that doesn't require it.

So in effect, by being lazy and not paying attention, you are spending more time by spelling incorrectly.

And what can I say. Slow day at work. And it's been somewhat enjoyable watching you show your ignorance.

it dont matter every one makes mistakes but after u told me them i said kool thanks u know whatever.......then u kept goin on and on and try to make fun of me. is your life so bilitteled that u have to sit online and patronize me. i use short hand on pc cause im typeing a lot and dont have time......but whatever please someone else gimme your opions..........

overkill8000
06-29-2005, 02:55 PM
this is ao not life see thats ur prob u need a life maybee a woman (or man) what ever is your swing of life dosent matter to me but u need somthin else to distract u. your happering a 18 guy thats on summerbreak about some grammar on a website no offense ao is like the best website but still. i asked about my site not this one..........

Dayspring
06-29-2005, 03:07 PM
AO is a distraction from wedding planning.

I suggest going back to school now and seeing if they have some time for tutors...

this is ao not life see thats ur prob u need a life maybee a woman (or man) what ever is your swing of life dosent matter to me but u need somthin else to distract u. your happering a 18 guy thats on summerbreak about some grammar on a website no offense ao is like the best website but still. i asked about my site not this one..........

overkill8000
06-29-2005, 03:33 PM
AO is a distraction from wedding planning.

I suggest going back to school now and seeing if they have some time for tutors...

why u dont even no me this is a computer get that threw ur head c-o-m-p-u-t-e-r it's not life ....u can type and care about spelling well good for you...... i got more to do then that, srry but i just do..... and as for wedding planning im happy for u im sure he or she and u will be happy..... u guys can play scrabble and argue about who's misspelling and live in bliss.................

Dayspring
06-29-2005, 03:59 PM
:rolleyes:

overkill8000
06-29-2005, 04:44 PM
:rolleyes:

:eek:
:mad: burrrrrrrrrrrn

overkill8000
06-29-2005, 05:40 PM
so any body got ideas on color schemes or graphics i have had a lot of help and just one negative person..........

overkill8000
06-29-2005, 06:13 PM
i got a lot of ideas thanks but please quit pm them to me cause i have littel pm space left put them down on here and then thell be stored............................thnks........... .......

overkill8000
06-29-2005, 07:28 PM
what about the banners now.........

Dayspring
06-29-2005, 09:06 PM
How about no...

:eek:
:mad: burrrrrrrrrrrn

overkill8000
06-29-2005, 09:27 PM
yeah man thats done move on with your life, go taste some wedding cake and try on your dress.............. :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Dayspring
06-30-2005, 08:23 AM
What's with the immaturity? Have I made and disparaging remarks towards your sexual orientation or otherwise? No. So why not grow up a little.

overkill8000
06-30-2005, 11:58 AM
What's with the immaturity? Have I made and disparaging remarks towards your sexual orientation or otherwise? No. So why not grow up a little.

look man i had moved on, u keep comin in and hate posting so u must be just as immature to keep goin.........(point proven).............and as for your sexuallty, i dont care what it is i just figured cause u wine like a littel girl...........but i guess by that stament you are a guy so sorry, my fault. trust me it was a easy missconception............... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dayspring
06-30-2005, 12:01 PM
Show me where I "WHINE" like a girl anywhere in this thread.

You were the one who kept it going. Go ahead and run at the mouth more. Fine by me. You're just showing what a CHILD you are.

look man i had moved on u keep comin and and hate posting so u must be just as immature to keep goin.........(point proven).............and as for your sexuallty i dont care what it is i just figured cause u wine like a littel girl...........but i guess by that stament you a guy so sorry, my fault. trust me it was a easy missconception............... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

overkill8000
06-30-2005, 12:07 PM
Good god, you can't type or write in correct english can you?

Your parents should ask your grade school & high school teachers for a refund. Apparently something didn't stick...

number 1 (u cant shut up about my poor typeing skills)

overkill8000
06-30-2005, 12:08 PM

proof #2 you keep on the fact of my spelling

overkill8000
06-30-2005, 12:10 PM
Actually no. I am not the one getting upset. I really don't care. Did an error get pointed out? Yup. But where in this entire thread do you see me get upset over it?

The issue is your command or lack thereof of the english language. And it's shown more on AO than on your site.

numero treas u still on the whole english thing what are u some scrabble grand champ...........

overkill8000
06-30-2005, 12:12 PM
and in that last post "thereof of" woops man u must be slippin................

Dayspring
06-30-2005, 12:12 PM
Actually a correct example of whining would be basically you through the whole thread

"Quit picking on me. I make excuses for my apparent(and proven) lack of intelligence."

Awww... Poor baby... :cry: I guess the normal people should leave you alone so you don't cry some more.

Dayspring
06-30-2005, 12:16 PM
Actually that was correct. Although I think I missed a comma. Thanks for pointing that out.

And I hate to break it to you, but all 3 examples you gave all center around the same subject- your horrible english.

But that's math, so I don't expect you to be an ace at that either.

and in that last post "thereof of" woops man u must be slippin................

overkill8000
06-30-2005, 12:17 PM
Actually a correct example of whining would be basically you through the whole thread

"Quit picking on me. I make excuses for my apparent(and proven) lack of intelligence."

Awww... Poor baby... :cry: I guess the normal people should leave you alone so you don't cry some more.

man at least i admmit my faults, u act like your mister high and mighty of spelling, but i have proven that u make mistakes, and then what u do, is to say all man every one does, and then u keep wineing, and secondly on the crying thing that was my joke first get your own.......you scamm artist man u rip off a "littel immature kids jokes" man that must make u my lead punk then............i guess i own u now *****.................. :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Dayspring
06-30-2005, 12:19 PM
If that thought lets you sleep better at night, go ahead.

man at least i admmit my faults, u act like your mister high and mighty of spelling, but i have proven that u make mistakes, and then what u do, is to say all man every one does, and then u keep wineing, and secondly on the crying thing that was my joke first get your own.......you scamm artist man u rip off a "littel immature kids jokes" man that must make u my lead punk then............i guess i own u now *****.................. :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

overkill8000
06-30-2005, 12:20 PM
Actually that was correct. Although I think I missed a comma. Thanks for pointing that out.

And I hate to break it to you, but all 3 examples you gave all center around the same subject- your horrible english.

But that's math, so I don't expect you to be an ace at that either.

see u give NJ a bad name, i mean they already got a horrible one but your point proven why they got one and secondly no that is wrong u used it all wrong so get real ......... and on the examples part they are right u gave me what i misspelled and i said thanks but then u keep on so like i said your a cry baby,,,,,,,,,,, :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

overkill8000
06-30-2005, 12:23 PM
and u called me immature well ur fighting with me and keep posting so hmmmmm..........u must be just as or if not more immature............ and the sleep thing na i just get pleasure knowing at night that i can make a growm man cry............. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dayspring
06-30-2005, 12:39 PM
Actually it amuses me how you keep going on thinking that you've won and how I'm a slobbering mess over here.

Delusional much?

RRfireblade
06-30-2005, 01:49 PM
......u still on the whole english thing what are u some scrabble grand champ...........

Sorry but that's the funniest thing I've read all day. :D

Dayspring
06-30-2005, 02:27 PM
Taking grammar advice from you is laughable at best!

see u give NJ a bad name, i mean they already got a horrible one but your point proven why they got one and secondly no that is wrong u used it all wrong so get real ......... and on the examples part they are right u gave me what i misspelled and i said thanks but then u keep on so like i said your a cry baby,,,,,,,,,,, :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

overkill8000
06-30-2005, 10:18 PM
point proven again and hes useing my jokes and sayins again man whats that 50 to zip man i am really winning and as you can see people agree...............

Dayspring
06-30-2005, 11:21 PM
Why you keep thinking you won is beyond me...

But I'm officially done wasting time with you. I'm all for having a battle of wits. Unfortunately you are woefully unarmed.

CKY_Alliance
06-30-2005, 11:57 PM
point proven again and hes useing my jokes and sayins again man whats that 50 to zip man i am really winning and as you can see people agree...............

your a poet and ya dun even know it. :rofl:

Duzzy
07-01-2005, 12:42 AM
I'm all for having a battle of wits. Unfortunately you are woefully unarmed.

I'm sorry but that is incredibly funny.

However, it in all honestly is much more pleasant to read somewhat proper grammar. I understand that mistakes happen while typing, but it is a lot easier to help you out when I don't have to fight to understand what you need help with. That's all.

overkill8000
07-01-2005, 01:16 PM
ok man thats what u think im unarmed, i no how to spell, and i no my math, and i no history, if u want we can have a battel of wits im all for it. and u no ur gettin beat and all u can do is try to make it look like your winning, but by other ppls post i am clearing woopen ur ***. and also this wasnt a battel, never wanted it to be one. pesonally u started, and i finshed it over, and over, and over again. all u can do is post about the same old thing, my grammar as u can see even now i use short hand, thats how i like to type but, in school thats not how i write, but as u look at my website i only had one misspelled word u have had like 3 so far .........hmmmmmmm.......i guess that makes u the dumb one.......and you cant say bout what im typeing now b/c like i said its short hand...............so mister grand champ of scrabble if you post again u prove i am write.................

overkill8000
07-01-2005, 01:18 PM
your a poet and ya dun even know it. :rofl:

with some commas that would work thnaks..............

overkill8000
07-01-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm sorry but that is incredibly funny.

However, it in all honestly is much more pleasant to read somewhat proper grammar. I understand that mistakes happen while typing, but it is a lot easier to help you out when I don't have to fight to understand what you need help with. That's all.

like i said 1 to 50 its ur only good post towards your "wits" witch i find u have none cause all u do is rip my jokes and reuse them.................

Duzzy
07-02-2005, 12:48 AM
Wow, I compliment Dayspring on a witty remark, tell you that proper grammar would make it easier for people to help you and I get my person attacked? Way to represent AO bud.

Try PBN if you want to act like that.

overkill8000
07-02-2005, 09:59 AM
first off who in the _ asked u.........try pbn why dont u this guy started it so u dont no whats goin on like i said i admmitted that i made those mistakes and told him thanks but then he kept goin on and on about it so he asked for it so before u start takeing sides read the whole thread..........and why dont u got to pbn agg...............