PDA

View Full Version : Soooo... What does TK do in his spare time nowadays?

PsychoBaller
06-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Granted Paintball is probably still on his mind for some extent of the day... hopefully... What does a TK do now in his daily life now that he has pretty much retired? Mostly geology and/or archeology adventures and such?

Just Wondering...

-baller

jdev
06-28-2005, 02:29 PM
Granted Paintball is probably still on his mind for some extent of the day... hopefully... What does a TK do now in his daily life now that he has pretty much retired? Mostly geology and/or archeology adventures and such?

Just Wondering...

-baller

There was actually a small article about TK in PB2X this past month. When I get home I will try and translate it to intarweb. In short for the most part, it did mention that he was doing his palentology/archeology/whicheverology he does. :D

personman
06-28-2005, 02:39 PM
http://www.tomkaye.com/
;)

Looking at some of his stuff, he really is a very smart man. :)

Muzikman
06-28-2005, 02:43 PM
I think he is currently on his anual summer trip to the foot hills digging up bones. But you also have to remember he is also an amateur astronomer so I am sure he is putting more time into his huge arse mirror which will be part of the remote telescope that I beleive is to be placed in AZ. The guy has many interests and I am sure that Paintball is not a priority on his mind, but seeing how he has been involvoed int he sport for so long, I am sure it does cross his mind.

PsychoBaller
06-28-2005, 02:56 PM
Oh yah,.... there is a Comet that is passing through wherever in space... Nasa or Gov plans on detonating a bomb on it on July 4. Wonder if TK will be watching!

Go to the friendly forum for more info.

behemoth
06-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Oh yah,.... there is a Comet that is passing through wherever in space... Nasa or Gov plans on detonating a bomb on it on July 4. Wonder if TK will be watching!

Go to the friendly forum for more info.

Someones been watching "Armageddon" too much.

rkjunior303
06-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Someones been watching "Armageddon" too much.

nope, he's right.

NASA plans on detonating something on a comet on July 4th. They want to take a look at how they are composed internally. Pretty darn cool.. They explain it as taking a bullet and firing it at another bullet, trying to get them to collide into each other.

Lohman446
06-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Anyone see this as a bad beginning to a sci fi movie

"This comet is well away from us, lets blow it up"
"Scientists predictions did not take into account... resulting in pieces of the comet raining onto earth in devastating...

edweird
06-28-2005, 04:57 PM
um they are not crazy... its a NASA project called "Deep Impact" the project fails to mention anything about explosives but has been effectivly burried under the shroud of the corppolitical news service since its launch day in december...

If Tk reads this and happens to be going to AZ to watch this on his scope have Jon give you my # as im HIGHLY intersted in seeing this!

For you nubs who only get your news from MTV and the trivia game at the local massproduced eatery/bar the Comet "Temple1" will be impacted by the probe on July 4th...

if they miss I wont be shocked if we get some kind of "So long and thanks for the fish" comment out of the god box in the following days. If you dont get the refrence well dont ask me for help, as I will already be gone.

the_lane
06-28-2005, 05:04 PM
if they miss I wont be shocked if we get some kind of "So long and thanks for the fish" comment out of the god box in the following days. If you dont get the refrence well dont ask me for help, as I will already be gone.

lol yea hmmm wonder if ill be ablt to see it here from WI witha a little wimpy telescope? sorry if i sound styupid but i dont kno much about it

-lane
:shooting: :dance:

Tunaman
06-28-2005, 05:07 PM
The Comet is on a direct path into the Sun...so it won't have any impact with earth so not to worry... :D

edweird
06-28-2005, 05:13 PM
The Comet is on a direct path into the Sun...so it won't have any impact with earth so not to worry... :D

Yeah, sure it is.... not that it makes me feel any better about it.

http://adjectivenoun.org/albums/ny2004/19_Tin_Foil_Hat.jpg

Alley
06-28-2005, 06:57 PM
Wow, your aluminum foil skills are top notch their man. No aliens will be probing your brain.... Given their is actually something to probe up there. :rofl:

minimag03
06-28-2005, 07:03 PM
http://www.hunt101.com/img/301435.jpg (http://www.hunt101.com/?p=301435&c=500&z=1)

He plays dress-up with friends :) .

Iceman8446
06-28-2005, 10:19 PM

Hahaha, awsome books. Well if any of you guys are instersted here is a link about the deep impact project. http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/050628_deepimpact_effect.html

WARPED1
06-28-2005, 11:41 PM
Maybe he just dusts off those dinosaur bones now? Whatever he's doing, he's doing it well.:)
(and just to be clear, that was not sarcasm, I truly believe TK is very talented.)

http://www.members.shaw.ca/Chance_K_J/SPA/minibanner2.gif

AGD
06-30-2005, 01:03 AM
Hi All,

Well let me see, what have I been doing lately...
Gave a talk on telescope technology at the Society of Astronomical Sciences in CA
Gave a talk on Gamma Ray Bursts and Extinctions at the Tate Museum Conference a few weeks ago.
I am reviewing a professional paper for the Astrophysical Journal.
We are getting ready to submit a paper on our Tau Boo detection.
I am in Wyoming for the summer chasing bones (see www.riteone.com)
I bought an Scanning Electron Microscope
I am having fun with my ebay Thermal Imaging Camera (no one can hide from me)
We are trying to figure out what kind of house to put on our ranch out here.
I am programing a new Access database because I've had it with Foxpro.
And most of all I am trying to figure out how to get fast internet out here so I can get out of dial-up-hell!!!

AGD

Muzikman
06-30-2005, 06:52 AM
Hi All,

And most of all I am trying to figure out how to get fast internet out here so I can get out of dial-up-hell!!!

AGD

Two way Satellite internet.

Pacifist_Farmer
06-30-2005, 01:25 PM
I too hope to someday be able to buy my very own SEM....although I may have to sell some family members to do so.

And for lazy people out there the whole Deep Impact thing was NASA crashing a satellite into a comet. No explosives but due to relative velocities, there might as well be.

WingMan13
06-30-2005, 01:50 PM
Man, Tom is up to more than what most people would do in a given lifetime. :eek:
I feel lazy...... :D

captian pinky
06-30-2005, 02:18 PM
i don't know what the heck all these places are, but i bet you he is sitting there thinking wether to play tomarrow or the day after i bet you just ask him.

WARPED1
06-30-2005, 02:37 PM
Man, Tom is up to more than what most people would do in a given lifetime. :eek:
I feel lazy...... :D
TK's a lazy bum. ;) :p

Lohman446
06-30-2005, 02:38 PM
TK's a lazy bum. ;) :p

What happened to your mod approved disclaimer?

WARPED1
06-30-2005, 02:46 PM
What happened to your mod approved disclaimer?
I thought the smilies were enough to let people know I was, of corse, kidding. :)

luke
06-30-2005, 03:22 PM
We are trying to figure out what kind of house to put on our ranch out here.

Where did Tom move to?

Muzikman
06-30-2005, 03:26 PM
I don't think he moved, but he spends so much time in Wyoming that I guess he now wants to build a house:)

WARPED1
06-30-2005, 03:34 PM
Where did Tom move to?
Sounds like Wyoming?