PDA

View Full Version : RT leaks in New Zealand..

GRDTAC
06-29-2005, 03:30 AM
Hey guys I am new to the boards and pretty new to Automags,I recently decide to buy myself a second hand RT which was needing "Shim" adjustments...

So I was told to strip it down and replace o-rings and oil (with Evil Puss) the interior of the Rt which hasnt been fired in a year or so.

I removed everything in the way described in the CD ROM attached to the LVL 10 bolt kit I recieved with the RT and put it all back together and gassed her up and she leaked out of the back of the weapon....I belive I sorted this by adjusting the rear velocity cap....she fired fine...

BUT then started to leak out from the trigger area....HELP PEOPLE!!...any ideas welcome... :clap:

Commissar_Loki
06-29-2005, 03:49 AM
Trigger area? Are you talking the classic RT or the RT pro? What are the words on the valve itself? Anyway, it sounds like a leak from and on/off, perhaps pick up an oring kit and replace those? Also, as far as lube goes, I'd say use shocker lube for the orings, and then run somehting like "goldcup" through the ASA. Just my thoughts, hope i helped.

-Butch

GRDTAC
06-29-2005, 06:01 AM
Trigger area? Are you talking the classic RT or the RT pro? What are the words on the valve itself? Anyway, it sounds like a leak from and on/off, perhaps pick up an oring kit and replace those? Also, as far as lube goes, I'd say use shocker lube for the orings, and then run somehting like "goldcup" through the ASA. Just my thoughts, hope i helped.

-Butch
Thanks for that...
Its a classic RT as far as I know fitted with a LVL 10 it only says RT on the valve and when you flip it over the underside reads Automag RT .68 AGD etc...

I have had a play with the O-rings but it hasnt helped much so far,has anybody got a close up of the actual power tube and rear assembly opposed to the AGD one with the bolt end?

I really want to get her up and :shooting: ASAP...... :D

wgpelite2000
06-29-2005, 08:47 PM
lol weapon