PDA

View Full Version : Who here has seen Land Of The Dead

gortman44
06-29-2005, 10:17 AM
Have you notived that there is JT Gearsacks all over. Well I mean I think that I counted 3-5 of them. .......... And they are using a spyder or something to have fun shooting a zombie....... Just thought that it was important info that you guys needed to know.lol ;)

jenarelJAM
06-29-2005, 03:34 PM
i noticed the same thing, it was kinda weird...
i relaly didnt like that movie tho, it was 90% gore, 2%plot, and 8% bad acting...

overkill8000
06-29-2005, 03:38 PM
wow i heard the movie sucked but thats intresting

lopxtc
06-29-2005, 03:52 PM
Have you seen any of the other original versions of his Zombie movies? They werent much better ... but they all had pretty much a good underlying story. His zombie flicks tend to be more character study then anything else. Especially the original Dawn of the Dead.

Aaron

i noticed the same thing, it was kinda weird...
i relaly didnt like that movie tho, it was 90% gore, 2%plot, and 8% bad acting...

Muzikman
06-29-2005, 04:06 PM
George A. Romero is the godfather of horror flicks. I have not seen Land of the Dead yet, but I am lookig forward to it. Horror fans that I have talked to said it was great. Said it was one of his best movies.

lopxtc
06-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Ive heard the same .... basically what I heard was that if you liked his other movies you will like this one, but if you are expecting Resident Evil / Remake Dawn of the Dead / 28 Days Later type zombie movies then you are seeing the wrong movie.

One thing some people might find interesting is that this movie is the first time he has ever recast a character. Look for a "biker" type zombie ... he is the special effects guy if I remember correct and was one of the gang members that try's to fight their way into the mall in the original "Dawn of the Dead" ...

Aaron

George A. Romero is the godfather of horror flicks. I have not seen Land of the Dead yet, but I am lookig forward to it. Horror fans that I have talked to said it was great. Said it was one of his best movies.

onedude36
06-29-2005, 04:16 PM
I saw the movie, liked it. I have no idea what 'jt gearsacks' look like and i didnt see any spyders.

Muzikman
06-29-2005, 04:28 PM
Ive heard the same .... basically what I heard was that if you liked his other movies you will like this one, but if you are expecting Resident Evil / Remake Dawn of the Dead / 28 Days Later type zombie movies then you are seeing the wrong movie.

One thing some people might find interesting is that this movie is the first time he has ever recast a character. Look for a "biker" type zombie ... he is the special effects guy if I remember correct and was one of the gang members that try's to fight their way into the mall in the original "Dawn of the Dead" ...

Aaron

You are thinking of Greg Nicotero. I have no idea what he actually plays in the Land of the Dead (or if he is actually in it) but he does do the special effects/make up for the movie. He was also in Day of the Dead.

slade
06-29-2005, 04:42 PM
I saw the movie, liked it. I have no idea what 'jt gearsacks' look like and i didnt see any spyders.
umm, JT paintball... paintball gearbags with yellow highlights... google is your friend.

Spacemanvic
06-29-2005, 04:57 PM
Muzi:

He might mean Tom Savini. He did the SFX for FRIDAY THE 13TH" PART 1 and 4, "CREEPSHOW" 1 and 2, "DAY" and "DAWN OF THE DEAD", "TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE II", "INVASION USA", "MONKEY SHINES", "KNIGHTRIDERS", "MANIACS", "MARIA'S LOVER", "RED SCORPION", "HEARTSTOPPER", "BLOODSUCKING PHAROHS IN PITTSBURGH", "TWO EVIL EYES", "TRAUMA", "KILLING ZOE", "NECRONOMICON", "BACKSTREET STREET JUSTICE"," MR. STICTH", and "GHOSTWRITER". He also directed three episodes of "TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE" and the 1990 remake of "NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD". He still runs his own effects company, TOM SAVINI LTD.

He also was in "From Dusk Till Dawn" as guess what? A biker (again).

He was the biker gang leader in DOTD, was the sheriff in the news broadcast on dealing with "Twitchers" in the remake of DOTD, and has a cameo in LOTD.

Greg was Tom's assistant in Day doing the horror effects. He did the effects for LOTD. Also, Greg is the bridgekeeper zombie and Tom is the zombie with the machete in LOTD.

Yeah, Im a DOTD/zombie genre buff :)

lopxtc
06-29-2005, 05:00 PM
That would be it ... I just couldnt remember the name :) and to much work going on to hit IMDB and pull it up LOL ...

Thanks,

Aaron

Muzi:

He might mean Tom Savini.

Greg was Tom's assistant in Day doing the horror effects. He did the effects for LOTD. Also, Greg is the bridgekeeper zombie and Tom is the zombie with the machete in LOTD.

peewee
06-29-2005, 06:14 PM
I think the mods should cange spacemanvic's name to zombieboy.

gortman44
06-29-2005, 06:24 PM

what movie did you watch...... the one about you in your girlfreinds face like the couple next to me... lol. jk. But the couple next to me was really doing that, i was about to jump in myself :dance:

Cameo
06-29-2005, 06:33 PM
Went to the premire, watched the Zombies and Directors walk down the red carpet. Went to the afterparty and hob nobed with absolutley no one... But hey my frined I went with is a doll so it wasworth the $85 bucks. :clap:

Muzikman
06-29-2005, 06:37 PM
Hey! You didn't invite me?!?!?

I so wanted to meet Quentin Tarantino!

WickeDKlowN
06-29-2005, 06:37 PM
Went to the premire, watched the Zombies and Directors walk down the red carpet. Went to the afterparty and hob nobed with absolutley no one... But hey my frined I went with is a doll so it wasworth the $85 bucks. :clap:
You took your blow-up doll to a movie premier?! :rofl:

Actually, I REALLY want to see this movie. I might go this weekend.

Vex
06-29-2005, 06:39 PM
Yeah, Im a DOTD/zombie genre buff :)
Well Vic, it's nice to know that you're into something other than paintball... :D

rx2
06-29-2005, 06:59 PM
That was Tom Savini. And I, too, noticed a few JT bags about.

Speaking of paintball, I see a parallel here betwixt the movie and paintball. Old-school horror fans (Romero, Fulci, Argento, et al) will most likely enjoy this movie, will others may not. It is like the woodsball vs. speedball debates that always pop up. Old-school fans will cite the heritage, and the classic Romeroisms (black protagonist, social commentary, guy getting ripped in half), while the newer generation may see it as retarded and not up to specs with the current generation of horror movies. I like them all, but, like I always say

Now the world don't move,
to the beat of just one drum.
What might be right for you,
may not be right for some...

...It takes Diff'rent Strokes to move world.

Spacemanvic
06-29-2005, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I love survivalist horror. I have the RPG All Flesh Must Be Eaten, the zombie board games "Zombies", all of the Dead series, and some others (28 days later, Shaun of the Dead, ZOMBIE!, etc).

I didnt care too much for the Resident series, too sci-fi fantasy for me. I like a zombie movie that has an element of "it COULD happen".

I also like history, aviation, flight sims, some FPS, oh yeah, old movies. Just got Hells Angels with Howard Hughes.

CKY_Alliance
06-29-2005, 10:31 PM

If thats his best movie then the rest most suck very badly...sorry but it just wasnt great...it was mad max meets another zombie movie..all zombie lficks seem the same to me..and Land of Dead the zombies were just cheesy unless he was going for that slightly comical feel.Maybe i like horror/comedy movies but this was just bad...but i saw it free so no loss really.

Navilin
06-29-2005, 11:46 PM
Land of the dead

This movie was neither good or bad. The old movies all had a great underlining point. This movie however was a gore-fest. I've heard too many people say the violence was "great". If that is all you see a movie for then no wonder 90% of all movies suck. Maybe if this movie had an ending, or a plot it would have been great, but because it didnt have either there was nothing to make it stand out and nothing to make it suck.

Cameo
06-30-2005, 12:54 AM
You took your blow-up doll to a movie premier?! :rofl:

Actually, I REALLY want to see this movie. I might go this weekend.
Umm do they make blow up dolls for chicks? Anywho, no need to take a blow up doll, I have more then enough real, live "toys" to hang out with.. :cool: A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do when she hates driving... Oh When you see the movie don't forget your blow up doll. I hope she doesn't make you go for broke with the cost of admission. BLAH :tard:

Tom Savini was there as was alot of his students. Many of them dressed up as Zombies for the premire and walked the red carpet. They were the ones that got the VIP passes. Word was they were doing free zombie make unders at the before party, but alas, I went to the afterparty at dajavu. Why must I always be running late or getting out of work late?

Cameo
06-30-2005, 12:57 AM
Hey! You didn't invite me?!?!?

I so wanted to meet Quentin Tarantino!

Stopped inviting you to things, you alway are busy or have other plans :mad: But i promise next time a doll of a guy asks me to something like this i will beg for your presence. :rofl:

Jaan
06-30-2005, 01:14 AM
Did anyone notice the zombie cameo from the two guys who were in Shaun of the Dead?

ICOM
06-30-2005, 01:18 AM
I thought the movie was pretty decent, there isnt much more ya can do with zombies.

thecavemankevin
06-30-2005, 08:40 AM
He also was in "From Dusk Till Dawn" as guess what? A biker (again).

come on Sex Machine!!!

Vex
06-30-2005, 08:01 PM
Yeah, I love survivalist horror. I have the RPG All Flesh Must Be Eaten, the zombie board games "Zombies", all of the Dead series, and some others (28 days later, Shaun of the Dead, ZOMBIE!, etc).

I didnt care too much for the Resident series, too sci-fi fantasy for me. I like a zombie movie that has an element of "it COULD happen".

I also like history, aviation, flight sims, some FPS, oh yeah, old movies. Just got Hells Angels with Howard Hughes.
Have you ever seen "Cemetery Man"? It's about a two guys who kill townspeople so that they can boost business for their cemetery--but then, all of the dead come back.
It's actually a pretty good flick. If you haven't seen it, check it out. It's British, so take that with a grain of salt...

oldsoldier
07-01-2005, 08:55 AM
Saw this last weekend. Personally, I think Romero lost the creepy effects of his previous work. Oh, and the storyline was eerily close to a book I read in the early 90's. So much so that, if it were in paintball world, SP would have a LEGITIMATE lawsuit.