PDA

View Full Version : a little help with .wma files

JimmyBeam
06-29-2005, 12:39 PM
Just got a new computer, and havent purchased Burning software yet. but all my songs are in .wma format (Napster)

now my question.....can .wma be burned to CD's like a song in .mp3 format? or am I going to need something else? i just would like to know what the right software is before i go out and spend money on something that may or may not work.

thanks

mcveighr
06-29-2005, 01:23 PM
Like a cd you play in a cd player? 20ish songs?

Most burning programs will convert the wma's to wav's just like it would with mp3's.
And most MP3 players play .wma files.

WickeDKlowN
06-29-2005, 01:40 PM
Do you want to make a Music cd or MP3 cd? Most burning programs shoud burn .wma to a music cd just like MP3. Some MP3/CD players play .wma, there's usually a ms/windows logo on the front if they do.

JimmyBeam
06-29-2005, 01:54 PM
thanks for the responses. and yea, i'd like to make a music CD. but the software that came with my Dell doesnt like .wma for some reason. it keeps telling me that it cant be burn that type of format. i cant remember what program it is, but im sure upgrading to Nero would be my best bet.

which brings me to another question.......would Nero be best? its ~80 bucks for ver 6, or is there something cheaper that will do the same things?

steimway
06-29-2005, 02:30 PM
I think iTunes would be able to do what you need, and for free, too. You might want to play around with it first, even if you do decide to go with Nero. I would hate to pay 80 bucks if there was something cheaper out there.

JimmyBeam
06-29-2005, 06:54 PM
yea im trying it right now. im using Sonic RecordNow! its saying "some protected files cannot be burned becasue the maximum number of burns have been reached or does not have a valid burn license."

im lost

*edit

ok i guess you have to "crack" napster .wma files before you can burn them. ive found this site if anyone else uses napster and wants to burn the music

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=78454