PDA

View Full Version : Trouble getting bounce/sweetspot

spsantos
07-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Although i consider myself pretty knowledgeable in tuning mags, i haven't yet got my own mag to sweetspot whenever i want.

I have X-valve, lvl10 tuned (next carrier up leaks) 1 shim for noon-chop, intelliframe, centerflag 4500 psi regulator, and I oil this beast every day I use it.

Everything is up to specs, I bought an RT rail and sear just to make sure of it, i never tweaked/changed factory settings, so my trigger rod/spacing is factory setup.
I mostly play recreational pb, so bounce isn't a problem. I do have an ULT trigger, but i want ro reach bounce with the stock on/off that comes with the X-valve, as most of you guys know.

Earlier today when i first gazed up my mag, i was able to sweetspot easily for about 20 shots, after that it(the bounce) went away and i can't get that bounce ratio anymore. I tried several settings on my regulator (centerflag dynaflow), from 850 to 1100 psi, although i notice better reactivity at higher psi, I can't get my mag to bounce steadly.

My lvl10 has about 4k balls shooted, so I guess it isn't a "settle in" problem, I tried springs from longest/medium and shortest yet no big differences.

I just have one hint: I'm currently using my old CO2 mamba, i removed the expansion chamber and connected it directly to the valve, so I have about a 5 meter long hoose connecting my tank to the gun, can this be the problem? I have checked for leaks (underwater) and it doesn't leak, but maybe it doesn't sustain high recharge rates?

I'd appreciate any hints/past experiences about this!

VFX_Fenix
07-01-2005, 10:39 PM
5 METER??? Yikes was this an old remote line or something?

I'm guessing that it still doesn't do it when you gas it up again. So I'll look at something that should probably be addressed, your air line, shorten that bad boy up, you only need like a 12-14" piece to go from the valve to your bottom-line.

When your string ends while your bouncing, does it end with a chuff? Does your bolt stick sometimes?

Gunga
07-01-2005, 10:43 PM
Although i consider myself pretty knowledgeable in tuning mags, i haven't yet got my own mag to sweetspot whenever i want.

It's working fine. It's not supposed to sweetspot/full auto.

spsantos
07-01-2005, 10:48 PM
5 METER??? Yikes was this an old remote line or something?

I'm guessing that it still doesn't do it when you gas it up again. So I'll look at something that should probably be addressed, your air line, shorten that bad boy up, you only need like a 12-14" piece to go from the valve to your bottom-line.

When your string ends while your bouncing, does it end with a chuff? Does your bolt stick sometimes?

The string ends up quite "nicely", after that i am stuck with normal semi action, I guess that this long hoose may be causing the problem, never had a bolt stick problem,

spsantos
07-01-2005, 10:57 PM
It's working fine. It's not supposed to sweetspot/full auto.

I *DO* guess that this valve is suppposed to have reactive action, hence the sweetspot must be obtainable.

VFX_Fenix
07-01-2005, 11:33 PM
With the stock RT On/Off at 800+ psi you should be able to easily rip off a string with your index finger placed low on the trigger and gently applying pressure. Admittedly I know little to nothing about setting up a Mag to run-away and I've never been able to get even the original RT's to do a string much past 2 or 3 shots.

Gunga
07-02-2005, 10:44 AM
I *DO* guess that this valve is suppposed to have reactive action, hence the sweetspot must be obtainable.

You're apparently confusing Tippmann's version of the reactive trigger with AGD's. AGD's is designed to be semi-auto only. Full auto or bursts is a malfunction, unlike with Tippmann's.

Your gun is working fine.

tdogreb
07-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Go to a shorter on-off pin.