PDA

View Full Version : Running 2 N2 Tanks?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-02-2005, 01:35 AM
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/27000/DSC07826_rs.JPG

Ok... now if i somehow rigged the setup so that both tanks air up the gun... well first of all is it even possible?

One of the tanks is an adjustable agd flatline 68/4500 and the other tank is your standard steel 48/3000 (Preset output pressure should be 800.......)

I normally run my mags at 800-900psi

Now if i were to have both tanks symotaniously(sp) go on at the same time and if i have my adjustable at 800... would that mean 1600 psi of air is in my hoses and valve? Or will all the air pressure force the air back into the tanks so that there is only 800psi going to my valve?

One more thing is that i don't think paintball manufacturors made a fitting that accepts 2 hoses... but do you guys now where i would get one after i know that i'm not going to blow anything up by attempting this?

I don't plan on playing with this set-up often. Only during those big games at sams or scenario events. This is basically my sollution to not having enough air :)

If i can't run both at the same time then i'll just throw on a quick disconnect fitting along with a bleed valve so that once one tank runs out i'll just switch to the other tank. :D

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/27000/DSC07825_rs.JPG

NukeGoose
07-02-2005, 02:10 AM
It'll work fine with 2 tanks, and the pressure will be whatever you set your flatline to (if it's set higher than 800 psi). However after your flatline drains out, the preset tank will be providing the air. What you need is a T-fitting, 1/8 NPT threaded. If you set your Flatline at 800 PSI, then you'll be feeding from both tanks. If the flatline is set below 800 PSI, then you'll be feeding from the preset tank first.

Think of it this way (hypothetically): Flatline set to 950 PSI, preset at 800 PSI
Pressure in line: 950 PSI
You take a shot, pressure drops (to say 850 psi in the line? as the reg recharges, not sure how far it will drop), since 850 is still over the preset tank's output, but below the flatline's output, the flatline will recharge the line.

DarkMag722
07-02-2005, 09:16 AM
Your jokin right that might f*@! up your gun. :eek:

teufelhunden
07-02-2005, 09:24 AM

You apparently have no idea.

Jaan
07-02-2005, 10:37 AM
I wouldn't run them at the same time myself. I would put some kind of on/off where each tank is mounted that way you could remove one or the other as you choose. That way you don't always have to have both tanks on the gun, basically using a tank to make sure the other ASA doesn't leak.

Your gun is starting to look like a VM-68 :D

MoneyShot
07-02-2005, 10:38 AM
Why dont you just have the other tank with you if your worried about running out of air. Because think about it, if your at a scenario game and you have both tanks on there and your holding that bad boy all day, its going to get really heavy. It may also affect your aiming, not being used to it being that heavy. So why don't you just take the other tank with you and then when you run out of air on the other one, switch them. Now granted, you may be in the middle of a fight and run out of air and then have to take the time to switch them. But, thats just a thought, which is what i would do. :cool:

WenULiVeUdiE
07-02-2005, 11:23 AM
1/8 NPT T fitting should do the trick. If that doesnt work they make T Macro. fittings, which would mean you run lines from both tanks to the fitting, then another line from the fittings to the valve.

TDonovan
07-02-2005, 12:10 PM
1/8 NPT T fitting should do the trick. If that doesnt work they make T Macro. fittings, which would mean you run lines from both tanks to the fitting, then another line from the fittings to the valve.

Yup, the T fitting should work just fine. I would personally NOT run that 2nd tank on the VA though. You never know how much stress that will put mounted on a light rail like that. Plus it'll be incredibly uncomfortable.

As far as people saying that "OMG TOO MUCH PRESSURE"... At what point do you think these pressures would somehow add? 800psi coming from 1 tank is 800 psi in the line. Introduce another 800psi source and you still have 800psi in the line, it just comes from 2 sources now.

If I were playing scenario and wanted a LOT of air, I'd get a remote and an 88/65. Flurry Industries makes good vests that would be perfect to hold a bunch of pods as well as a tank. I'd run the remote into a gas through stock with that setup. In fact, If you wanted to get creative you could rig 2 tanks onto 1 remote system and have both tanks on your back.

VFX_Fenix
07-02-2005, 12:40 PM
Why dont you just have the other tank with you if your worried about running out of air. Because think about it, if your at a scenario game and you have both tanks on there and your holding that bad boy all day, its going to get really heavy. It may also affect your aiming, not being used to it being that heavy. So why don't you just take the other tank with you and then when you run out of air on the other one, switch them. Now granted, you may be in the middle of a fight and run out of air and then have to take the time to switch them. But, thats just a thought, which is what i would do. :cool:

You did notice that there's a Flatline on that thing and not a screw-in type HPA system.... right?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-02-2005, 01:12 PM
o psh we're all mag owners, the weight of the gun doesn't effect us. It's like running a regular steel mainbody mag with a warp and halo along with a steel 68psi tank :)

WARPED1
07-02-2005, 02:35 PM
They used to do it all the time on PMI-3/VM 68 Magnums. 2 tanks. 1 20 Ounce off the back, a 7 under the barrel.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/Chance_K_J/SPA/minibanner2.gif

Lurker27
07-02-2005, 03:15 PM
IMO you'd be ahppier switching off tanks, and only lugging around 1 at a time...just carry to other one nearby.

failing that, run a remote!

QuiksilverMV
07-02-2005, 03:58 PM
Yeah thats a really bad idea, if you can get a pressure activated dual valve where each valve shuits off every few seconds then it'll work but otherwise have fun trying to kill yourself.

VFX_Fenix
07-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Yeah thats a really bad idea, if you can get a pressure activated dual valve where each valve shuits off every few seconds then it'll work but otherwise have fun trying to kill yourself.

Dude... do you have the first notion as to how a regulator works? Output pressures from regulators aren't addetive, hence why they're called "regulators". Which ever tank is producing more pressure will determine what the valve "sees" as far as output with both tanks contributing to the air that makes up that pressure. The beauty of a regulated system.

Think about it this way, if you have 2 SCUBA tanks filled to 3000 PSI and you were to connect them together with a hard line then open both valves so that air could flow between them freely and you had a pressure guage on the line, guess what. The guage would read "3000psi". Compression and addition of heat are the only ways you can get more pressure into a sysem. Since you aren't decreasing the volume the air is occupying in the lines, and you aren't adding an appreciable ammount of heat either, you get no increase in pressure, simply an equalization between the two tanks.

BTW, Welcome to the forums, and don't worry, we still love ya. ;)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-02-2005, 04:39 PM
woo hoo i'm not gonna die! as for these "T" fittings... where do i get one? home depot?

Tim Taylor
07-02-2005, 05:18 PM
If the Flatline is set to a pressure greater (+150 PSI or more) than the screw-in it may keep the low pressure side of the screw-in from opening. The Flatline needs to be set equal to or less than the screw-in regulator pressure.

In real life, however, as long as the Flatline pressure isn't too high it will work fine.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-02-2005, 05:40 PM
but if i have my flatline pressure set highter than my screw in tank the air from the screw in tank won't kick in until the pressure from the flatline goes lower than the pressure from the screw in... so it's a really nice system i have going :)

MoneyShot
07-02-2005, 05:45 PM
Yeah i see the flatline this time, didn't really look at it that closely the first time :ninja:

JimmyBeam
07-02-2005, 07:30 PM
reminds me of something i saw

link (http://smartplyr32.zoto.com/img/original/d0de3af82b9b0af8f0a83ed351fe118b-.jpg)

slade
07-02-2005, 09:07 PM
i have lost all hope in humanity :(

(not that i had much to begin with, but...)

3 people have thought that two 800 psi tanks linked together would somehow magically produce 1600 psi... one after it was already explained that pressure is not additive!

think about it, what you are saying is as logical as saying that the low pressure air around us, since it is coming into contact with other low pressure air, will suddenly condense and all the air will become a high pressure mass.

Edopsys
07-02-2005, 09:15 PM
As far as were to get it go to the palmer pirsuit(sp) site they sell brass t fittings but the ones at any ace, home depot, etc. should work as long as they 1\8" npt thread

magman007
07-02-2005, 09:21 PM
first off, run the tanks at the exact, or close to exact pressure, as to avoid velocity fluctuations. this is why you cant carry 2 tanks separately onto a field..

warbeak2099
07-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Get the T-fitting from Palmers. It'll work but it'll be awkward. It would be better to use one of those 13cu/3k or 22cu/3k tanks. WWA sells them both.

Jaan
07-02-2005, 09:54 PM
i have lost all hope in humanity :(

(not that i had much to begin with, but...)
It feels good don't it? I think it happened to me when my friends Mom told me how great Sylvia Browne's new kids book "Animals on the Other Side" is ... she actually thinks her horse was both a Pegasus and a Unicorn in past lives *sigh*.

3 people have thought that two 800 psi tanks linked together would somehow magically produce 1600 psi... one after it was already explained that pressure is not additive!You mean all those hot days when I ran two tanks on my VM-68 I wasn't actually getting 3000 PSI???

Yeah, I feel your pain ...

think about it, what you are saying is as logical as saying that the low pressure air around us, since it is coming into contact with other low pressure air, will suddenly condense and all the air will become a high pressure mass.Logic? "Logic is a little bird tweeting in meadow; logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which ... smell bad ..."

slade
07-02-2005, 10:20 PM
It feels good don't it? I think it happened to me when my friends Mom told me how great Sylvia Browne's new kids book "Animals on the Other Side" is ... she actually thinks her horse was both a Pegasus and a Unicorn in past lives *sigh*.

You mean all those hot days when I ran two tanks on my VM-68 I wasn't actually getting 3000 PSI???

Yeah, I feel your pain ...

Logic? "Logic is a little bird tweeting in meadow; logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which ... smell bad ..."
oh god, i have a story to share with you that JUST HAPPENED NOW that is even worse than anything yet. my mom found a toy that i had when i was about 5, which is essentially a stick with a propeller at the end. i picked it up and twirrled it in my hands so it picked up into the air, and started to leave the room. my mom picked it up, twirled it... and it went into the floor. she tried it again. and again. and at least 5 times, while i was standing there cracking up. she ASKED ME what she was doing wrong. i had to tell her to spin it the other way. she asked me why i didnt tell her that. i told her she should have been able to figure it out (plus i was laughing too hard...) and then she said she didnt understand things like that. i seriously did not know what to say. she didnt understand how a propeller worked. i asked her if she knew how a fan worked. she said no. i had to explain to my own mother how the blade catches the air and pushes the air downwards, "pulling" the toy up into the air, hence newtons 3rd law of motion.

yeah, i know im getting a bit off topic here, but seriously... im embarassed... not only did she not know how a fan works, but she didnt even think to spin it the other way!

remember kids, physics is important!

back on topic, i have a suggestion, snyper. drill and tap the other side of your foregrip (or buy one already made with two outputs, like rogues) and run macro from your ASA to a 90 degree macro fitting on the hole you just tapped, and then run macroline from a 90 degree fitting on the origional hole in your foregrip to the valve. that will be cleaner than using a t-fitting, and you wont have to locate a t-fitting, only another macro fitting. if you want to go back to a single tank setup, just remove all the extra fittings, throw on a foregrip and run the macro the normal way.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-02-2005, 11:07 PM
fyi i'm not all that serious about this setup, i was just very very bored and then i found out that "hey this might actually work"...o and i just finished chemistry so yea.. i've yet to take physics.

I don't believe i have the equipment to drill a hole in my forgrip but... i think i can run this setup a bit easier with the T fitting if i put the T fitting on the forgrip asa, run the flatline to the T fitting and have a hose go from the T fitting to the valve.

MoneyShot
07-02-2005, 11:22 PM
Hey slade when you started telling me about the little toy and how it vibrated and then you said something about your mom, i thought you were going to say that she was like, oh this would make a good vibrator, if you know what i mean.

slade
07-03-2005, 08:45 AM
...o and i just finished chemistry so yea.. i've yet to take physics.
actually i havent even taken chemistry yet, let alone physics... its just something that seems like common sense to me, something that anyone that you would think everyone who picks up a paintball tank would know...

heh, sorry i guess i sounded sort of mean in my posts, but i always get so frustrated when someone doesnt understand something that just seems like pure common sense to me.

captian pinky
07-03-2005, 11:28 AM
acctually whati would do is i would set i up with a custom drop forward able to hold both tanks, one side have a on/off with 2 ports then run the air through it. have the agd tank air line run to one side of the on/off, then have on the otherside the airline run to the valve. this way you can turn one tank off while you use the other one then when you run low on juice turn the knob and your back in the game

ya well i am a freshmen in highschool and ithough tof this in 2 mins so top that just kidding guys but i am a freshmen

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-03-2005, 09:35 PM
actually i havent even taken chemistry yet, let alone physics... its just something that seems like common sense to me, something that anyone that you would think everyone who picks up a paintball tank would know...

heh, sorry i guess i sounded sort of mean in my posts, but i always get so frustrated when someone doesnt understand something that just seems like pure common sense to me.

Well it doesn't hurt to just ask and make sure. I did kinda figure that the pressure in the hoses would equal 800psi *flashback* "Or will all the air pressure force the air back into the tanks so that there is only 800psi going to my valve"
I knew of two scenarios of what could happen and one of them seems potentially risky so i made this thread to make sure what i was doing was safe