PDA

View Full Version : ALKALMP trash :)

PsychoMag
11-30-2001, 11:34 AM
A u t o M a g

The AutoMag is a good rec. play gun. Made from stainless it will last a long time without heavy maintenance. However the design has a few flaws, one of which is the on-off. Being a blow forward gun it is a short to medium range gun. It's a good beginners gun.

from ALKALMP website:
------------------------------------------------------------

I just got this from their website and found it amusing. I have seen thier low pressure markers and they are always jamming up.

oh well....

Let's see what everyone can see as wrong information on that quote...:)

ben_JD
11-30-2001, 12:13 PM
Blow-forward = short to medium range?

My paintball at 300 fps and your paintball at 300 fps will probably go about the same distance, ignoring moments of intertia induced by some funky spin.

magic55
11-30-2001, 12:17 PM
i read that the other day but never got around to posting it. it kindof pisses me off that they would write stuff like that.

thei3ug
11-30-2001, 12:20 PM
that page is really really really old. just give it a rest. ok? They're not stupid enough to believe that.

Cliffio
11-30-2001, 02:14 PM
its just like the new DYE website dissin on the freak
Anyone seen that yet??
let me know if u do, i cought it by accident, just thought it was kinda funny

Cliff

Stinger
11-30-2001, 02:33 PM
Theres nothing really wrong with that post except the part about range, I think it has pretty much been accepeted that all guns shoot about the same range. The mag does make a good beginer gun as well as a good tourney gun.

lonsch
11-30-2001, 11:45 PM
round 2 ding ding ding..............

HyperSnyper
12-01-2001, 11:42 AM
Hey Guys,
dont take too much offense to that quote on their site. Everyone has their own preferences and opinions.

When I use to call them (building an LP Spyder), I used to ask them about the Mag. Some of their Air techs said that personally they dont like the Mag, they prefer Cockers, and that Cockers outshoot Mags anyday.

But when I talked with Aaron (owner), he said he loved the Mag and that its a great performing gun (note: he knew I owned a Spyder at the time). In fact, I do recall him having an LP Mag. A 300 operating pressure Mag. He said that it shot great with no real signs of shootdown whatsoever.

He likes the Mag, but maybe his Web designer didnt... I dont know, or like it said above, the web sight could be real old.

-Hyper

PyRo
12-01-2001, 12:36 PM
Can we sue em tom. Please please please :)

HyperSnyper
12-01-2001, 12:49 PM
Yes Tom,

We at AO would do anything for you...

"...Id would kill for you (marge), oh please ask me to kill for you..." -Homer Simpson

-Hyper

Webmaster
12-04-2001, 09:49 AM
"Being a blow forward gun it is a short to medium range gun. "

Well - that statement is cause for libel. Its simply untrue! The rest could be considered opinion - but he is just feeding a myth with that statement.

markhauguel
12-04-2001, 10:58 AM
What they really mean is they can't come up with any overpriced crap to bolt on the outside and make money on. I have to say I'm sorry that I don't need anything that they sell to make my Mini any better than Tom did, Thanks.

raehl
12-04-2001, 04:09 PM
It's not libelous at all. They said it's a good beginner gun and a good short-to-medium range gun. So unless the Automag is a BAD beginner gun or a BAD short-to-medium range gun, what they said isn't libelous at all. Obviously, the implication there is that it isn't a good long range gun or good for tournaments. I think the long range implication is just an extension of the "closed bolt is more accurate" argument (wether it's actually true or not, being able to shoot as far doesn't mean you can shoot as far effectively) and as for beginner - I certainly wouldn't play with an Automag classic anymore. I usually rent a pump for rec and currently have an E-Mag for my tournament level marker. There's a hyperframe and e-mag upgrades and RTs for a reason. ;)

And the person who said the quote is old is right - I'm pretty sure it dates all the way back to pre-RT days.

In any case, there is no shortage of paintball companies making subjective statements about their or thier competitors' products out there. Or paintball consumers for that matter - everyone wants to believe that they produce/own the best thing on the planet.

I certainly wouldn't expect Tom to come on here and say how much an Angel kicks ***, nor would I expect WDP to extoll the virtues of owning an E-Mag on their forums either.

- Chris