PDA

View Full Version : Which gun?

User0713
07-02-2005, 03:16 PM
I just want some feedback, I'm about to buy a paintball marker, (it will be like my 3rd, but I currently have none, I'm just a rec baller and want to play some this summer). Which marker should I get and why? I'm leaning towards a used dark angel IR3, but it has a fried board and i can't find another board for it anywhere for cheap. The other option i have is a BNIB DM3, I found both of these in about the same price range, and I just want to see which one other people would get and why. (perhaps youve used them before and can tell me what you like/ dont like about them.)

I'm going to choose in a day or two, so a few responses would be nice just to help me along with my decision making, thanks.

VFX_Fenix
07-02-2005, 04:19 PM
I dunno what your price range is, however I'd stay away from the IR3 as they're an aging gun and parts for them are no longer in current production (to my knowledge).

The DM3 (basically a Gen-E Trix) wouldn definately be my pick of the two you're looking at though.

If you're looking at spending around $500 for a current production gun look into ICD's Bushmaster with PDS. If you're budget is a little more modest consider something along the lines of an Ion or Wrath. If your budget is more robust consider the Freestyle or Proto Trix.

MoneyShot
07-02-2005, 05:49 PM
I would get the DM3 because i wouldnt want to pay all that money for a new board. Its too much of a hastle. I would want a gun i can buy and play with right away. Plus the fried board might not be the only problem.

WARPED1
07-02-2005, 06:19 PM
The Matrix is a good deal. The IR3 is a good gun, but like someone pointed out, I don't think they're making IR3 parts anymore.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/Chance_K_J/SPA/minibanner2.gif

VFX_Fenix
07-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Action VIllage has the '04 Bushmaster 2000 w/ PDS on sale right now for $300. awesome deal, I'd sntach one of these up myself if I had the cash for a new gun right now.

WickeDKlowN
07-02-2005, 08:32 PM
Out of the two, I'd pick the DM3 just because a new IR3 board would be pricey.

JimmyBeam
07-02-2005, 08:41 PM
http://www.anythingxtreme.com/Smart-PartsXtreme-Paintball-X2-Ion-Paintball-Guns-P9700C1361.aspx

DarkMag722
07-03-2005, 09:41 AM
You can pick up an ion for 280. Those are great guns. Or you can get an impulse for around 350.

WARPED1
07-03-2005, 09:53 AM
You can pick up an ion for 280. Those are great guns. Or you can get an impulse for around 350.
As much as an SP supporter as Iam, and love thier guns, I'd still go with a Proto right now. Even if you play woodsball, they have an Olive Dust anno!

logamus
07-03-2005, 10:13 AM
its hard to beat a dm3. despite being a few years older than the new guns out there, it can still hold its own. its a very solid choice plus it takes cocker barrels.

cioeboy
07-09-2005, 03:55 PM
get the dm3
i have had an angel with a fried board for 2 years and i cannot find a board anywhere

can'tthink of1
07-09-2005, 05:40 PM
get the dm3
i have had an angel with a fried board for 2 years and i cannot find a board anywhere

I think I can help you there. www.warpedairsmithing.com shoot him an email, he might be able to hook you up with what you need.

And personally, I'd get a nice trix. Try finding a dm3 with the hyper 2 reg, and the scm-like lpr, and you should be set.

JoshK
07-10-2005, 08:23 PM
I just want some feedback, I'm about to buy a paintball marker, (it will be like my 3rd, but I currently have none, I'm just a rec baller and want to play some this summer). Which marker should I get and why? I'm leaning towards a used dark angel IR3, but it has a fried board and i can't find another board for it anywhere for cheap. The other option i have is a BNIB DM3, I found both of these in about the same price range, and I just want to see which one other people would get and why. (perhaps youve used them before and can tell me what you like/ dont like about them.)

I'm going to choose in a day or two, so a few responses would be nice just to help me along with my decision making, thanks.

If you don't get that can you pm me (or AIM me at Afisherofmen 419 if you have AIM) with the information?

I'm not sure...personally I am looking for a Dark iR3 because I love how they look, and I don't care if the parts are in production.

So if it matters to you that the parts are no longer made, and you are going to have to get a new board, get the DM3.

magman007
07-10-2005, 08:37 PM
I think I can help you there. www.warpedairsmithing.com shoot him an email, he might be able to hook you up with what you need.

And personally, I'd get a nice trix. Try finding a dm3 with the hyper 2 reg, and the scm-like lpr, and you should be set.

so all dm3's?

Dye sent em with the hyper 2( first batch was a recall on the regs, they were exchanged free of charge of course) and the lpr(mini bullet, again, recall)