PDA

View Full Version : someones pulling a scam and using my gun to do it

JimmyBeam
07-02-2005, 07:49 PM
i swear, i was reading the post, and knew it sounded way to familiar.

http://www.pbaz.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=15099&sid=5aba2a61855f130efe1feea647919c26

ok theres my original thread over at PBAZ. then a couple minutes ago i saw this

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/spo/81678594.html

i dont know if i should laugh, or be pissed. i called the number, its a paintball field it sounds like. they were closed though. i think i'll try again later and see what i can find out

VFX_Fenix
07-02-2005, 08:00 PM
I do have to admit I personally would find this ammusing. Interesting scam to pull, heck I might just have to try it myself :tard:

I look forward to hearing how this turns out. You bein' all :ninja: and actin' like a potential buyer then :wow: drop the bomb, muahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! :shooting:

Jaan
07-02-2005, 08:27 PM
I've seen copycat scams like that on eBay, especially bicycles for some reason. When it's known to be a scam, people start bidding incredibly high and usually this "derails" the scam. What's the scammer going to do, complain? Too bad you can't do that )c:

AGDlover
07-02-2005, 08:40 PM
I say call him and tell him and see what he says :ninja:

slade
07-02-2005, 08:50 PM
you can call me i am at work
6024478200 ask for bill
I say call the number, ask for the manager, and then tell him how "bill" is using the company phone to rip people off ;) :p

Blennidae
07-02-2005, 09:06 PM
You could always call the number and say you want it. Tell them you'll send a check. Wait a day than thank them for shipping it so fast... :D

But more seriously, you might want to point it out to craigslist that someone is trying to scam people with your item.

JimmyBeam
07-02-2005, 09:55 PM
You could always call the number and say you want it. Tell them you'll send a check. Wait a day than thank them for shipping it so fast... :D

But more seriously, you might want to point it out to craigslist that someone is trying to scam people with your item.

ok i talked to bill. turns out hes a manager up at a field in Pheonix. he knew nothing about it so i gave him the link. i dont know wtf is going on. if hes really innocent of this i dont want it coming back on him

p8ntball365
07-02-2005, 10:32 PM
Ask to go pick it up to save on shipping costs and see what he says.

MoneyShot
07-02-2005, 11:07 PM
Hey you guys are jumping to conclusions here lol. Maybe hes like your long lost twin your mother never told you about, and he bought the same gun and made the same exact upgrades and then is selling it at the same time, and is listing it the same exact way. I mean come on guys, it could happen. Ya think??? :confused:

Oh and he would also have to have the same couch, but come on, everyone has that couch

JimmyBeam
07-02-2005, 11:25 PM
ok yea youre right. my bad

mobsterboy
07-02-2005, 11:49 PM
Ok, first off, i know for a fact that if i was to list an ion....lets put it this way
What are the odds first off that someone would steal your pickup line? Then the odds that they would list in exact same order, AND give prices. Then the cahnce taht its the EXACT same picture, and that they both have a scratch under the triggerguard. Lemme tell you, theres no way this is just coincidence. Maybe a sick joke from someone. Im thinking scam.
I definitely think it would be funny to post that you want to meet and test the gun. But really think about this, if you want proof, try taking the 2 pictures, making them the same size and seeing if proportions are the same. Honestly, if you really want to discredit him, ask for pics of that exact gun with him next to it.

slade
07-03-2005, 08:19 AM
What are the odds first off that someone would steal your pickup line? Then the odds that they would list in exact same order, AND give prices. Then the cahnce taht its the EXACT same picture, and that they both have a scratch under the triggerguard.
ehh, i just finished a unit on probability in math class, i could probably tell you if it wasnt for my brain atrophying over the summer...

warbeak2099
07-03-2005, 09:28 AM
Hahahahahahahaha... kill him.

Or you could just keep talking with Bill and find out what's up. No use in doing anything else at the moment. Just try to work with Bill to figure it out. I'm sure he's miffed that someone's using his name too.

imstoiched!
07-03-2005, 09:41 AM
i swear, i was reading the post, and knew it sounded way to familiar.

http://www.pbaz.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=15099&sid=5aba2a61855f130efe1feea647919c26

ok theres my original thread over at PBAZ. then a couple minutes ago i saw this

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/spo/81678594.html

i dont know if i should laugh, or be pissed. i called the number, its a paintball field it sounds like. they were closed though. i think i'll try again later and see what i can find out

I noticed he used the same picture you did too. Change the picture you have to one that says:

I'm a big fat st00pid scammer!

MoneyShot
07-03-2005, 12:54 PM
Hey mobsterboy i was just kidding

Fatjon
07-09-2005, 04:47 PM
I had a guy scaming people with my feedback here on AO. He was selling all kinds of fake stuff using my feedback. Then i kept getting all kinds of pms about wheres my stuff. I was like wtf. but then he got busted.

Brett23
07-10-2005, 04:58 AM
Looks like someone did something about it already. The scam posting hasbeen shutdown. :clap: