PDA

View Full Version : hyperframe problem

eric13
11-30-2001, 12:45 PM
hey,
my gun seems like it is double firing on most of my shots possibly worn sear
is there any way i can temp. fix it becuase i might play ths sat.

Slapp
11-30-2001, 04:35 PM
I would not try to mess with your sear. AGD sears are case hardened so the outside surface is much harder than the metal beneath. If you try filing your sear it will not line up right with your bolt and it could do more damage to other parts of your marker.

I wish I had a temporary fix idea for you man but I am not too familiar with how to tune a hyperframe. You could check other posts here about hyperframes. I think a company called Mako in Chicago did the design for the Boo-Yaah frames so perhaps if you gave them a call you could get some ideas on tuning.

Good luck

HyperSnyper
12-01-2001, 12:58 PM
Dude,
I dont think you should be calling MAKO/Booyah for advice on fixes for your Hyperframe. Its like calling the Ford dealer for advice on fices on your Honda. Sure they make the samething, but both are designed differently.

Id call Centerflags instead, they are the ones who created the Hyperframe, and have the best knowledge of it. I didnt even have a Hyperframe when I called them, I just called them for infor on symptoms of improper fit and things like that. They were very helpful to educate me on it.

Give them a ring 630-553-2611. If it wasnt for their great reputation (well... atleast better than Booyah/Mako) and friendly and helpful customer serive, I probably wouldnt have gotten one.

-Hyper

PyRo
12-01-2001, 03:23 PM
I think that his ideaology is that someone else here has had a similar problem. In order to save himself the trouble of calling, and dealing with costumer serice which in 80% of companies stinks. :)

Maverick
12-02-2001, 04:00 PM
I had the same problem and contacted Centerflag on it. They told me to get an RT bumper (it's clear and softer than the standard Automag blue bumper). They said that the RT bumper would reduce the tendancy for the bolt to bounce foward off the bumper and not catch the sear. I don't know if this is a good idea according to AGD but it has fixed the problem for me and has not caused any adverse affects.

HyperSnyper
12-02-2001, 04:16 PM
I know this may seem like a silly question, but... how much is an RT bumper, and where can I buy one, and I mean real fast? My frame should be coming in by tommorow hopefully, and I want to have things ordered anyway (even if I dont need them) so that my installation and use will be trouble free.

Let me know fellahs. Thx in advance.

-Hyper

Maverick
12-03-2001, 09:23 AM
I got my RT bumpers from a local store (Island Paintball Supply) but I found them online at DropZone Paintball (http://dropzonepaintball.com/html/rt_parts.html) for $2.00.