PDA

View Full Version : Which marker would you prefer to use in a tournament?

KapitalJin
07-02-2005, 08:40 PM
Autococker

Automag RT (Original w/ level 10)

AGDlover
07-02-2005, 08:41 PM
the RT duhhhhh :tard:

68magOwner
07-02-2005, 08:43 PM
where is the slingshot option? :tard:

CAPTINSANE
07-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Cocker with pump upgrade :headbang: :tard:

VFX_Fenix
07-02-2005, 09:55 PM
Obviously the RT... it has a cooler loader than the Autococker....

That and I face this dilema every day I step onto the field.... usually it depends on how big the field is and what I'm playing, for a small field I'll use either, for a big field, I'll use my Mag... since... well... it's an E-Mag and I can lane lazy style with it lol.

Jonno06
07-02-2005, 10:18 PM
r-tizzle

magman007
07-02-2005, 10:50 PM
cocker, better trigger, and more efficient, also can pinch paintballs.

but in reality, dmc

KapitalJin
07-02-2005, 10:58 PM
The automag is perfectly legal in tournaments correct? I ask because the rt assists in shooting quicker with the whole reactive trigger mechanism. I am thinking about going back to cockers although I now have the gun of my dreams! haha... I want a gun for tournmanet use more than rec use. (between the cocker and mag rt).

I do find the cocker trigger to be a lot shorter and they are much more efficient on air. Its just that it has too many parts that are waiting to fail. (Happened once or twice) but after I got the mag, It was so simple to operate and the entire mechanism just comes out for easy cleaning and meitanance.

I dont know... both have their pro's and cons, and I love both of them but not enough room for 2 markers currently.

Thanks for the vote. It will help me make a decision..

MoneyShot
07-02-2005, 11:25 PM
RT because autocockers have way too many problems. I never see anyones cocker go a whole day without some type of problem.

barrel break
07-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Cocker, Since you just say "with upgrades." That means I could have the most tricked out cocker ever.

WARPED1
07-03-2005, 12:02 AM
Eblade cocker. The tournament head ref most likely wouldn't even allow a Classic RT, to much "bounce".

Torbo
07-03-2005, 12:05 AM
cocker for sure. I really wish i still had my old mech cocker, it was sweet.

KapitalJin
07-03-2005, 12:10 AM
WARPED1

So the original rt has more bounce than the recent ones? I thought it was the other way around...

wow things are getting a little ugly... haha.. sigh...

WARPED1
07-03-2005, 12:12 AM
Just any RT really...... I was being nice.

warbeak2099
07-03-2005, 02:42 PM
An RT valved mag will be allowed in a toruny as long as you're using a preset or an adjustable that's turned down.

WARPED1
07-03-2005, 04:43 PM
An RT valved mag will be allowed in a toruny as long as you're using a preset or an adjustable that's turned down.
But most local tourney guys/field owners, don't know that.

warbeak2099
07-04-2005, 09:33 AM
If the guy is reasonable I'm sure you could get that ironed out efore the tourny. Just get there early and have a chat with the head ref. Show him the gun and gas it up and fire it over the chrony with him. Let him fire the gun as well. As long as the guy is reasonable and willing to listen, and you are respectable and civil with him, there shouldn't be a problem.

White_Noise
07-13-2005, 12:15 AM
i wont vote because i would use both, and have.

started into tourneys with my mech cocker, but now switch between the sfl and rt, dont know how much tourney play the rt will get once i get my predator board and devilmag built

Blazestorm
07-13-2005, 12:48 AM
Cocker, Mag's are silly :)

I like how cockers feel too... I still gotta go build my fast-back mech cocker :D

CJ55
07-13-2005, 07:22 AM
The automag is perfectly legal in tournaments correct? I ask because the rt assists in shooting quicker with the whole reactive trigger mechanism. I am thinking about going back to cockers although I now have the gun of my dreams! haha... I want a gun for tournmanet use more than rec use. (between the cocker and mag rt).

I do find the cocker trigger to be a lot shorter and they are much more efficient on air. Its just that it has too many parts that are waiting to fail. (Happened once or twice) but after I got the mag, It was so simple to operate and the entire mechanism just comes out for easy cleaning and meitanance.

I dont know... both have their pro's and cons, and I love both of them but not enough room for 2 markers currently.

Thanks for the vote. It will help me make a decision..
No I think all reactive triggers are illegal due to reactive triggers havins bounce. In tourny play if you use an Xmag you can only use this is electric mode even if battery dies due to no bounce.

Lohman446
07-13-2005, 07:31 AM
As long as noone there can get more than one shot per pull (assuming they are enforcing that rule as some locals are getting away from doing) than the RT should be legal. That being said to get my classic RT legal I have to put input down to about 600lbs of pressure.... the old steel RT valves seem to have more reactivity than the recent steel ones, or the X-valves.

TheTramp
07-13-2005, 09:08 AM
I used an RT-Pro in many, many tournament games and there was never ANY sort of trouble with "bounce." As long as you've got the input low enough that the trigger doesn't run away then you're fine.

onedude36
07-13-2005, 10:41 AM
I'd take the RT unless you want to run snake.

eric1337
07-13-2005, 12:53 PM
wait so mags have bounce? i didnt think it was possible for a mech gun to bounce especially when it has as little kick as a mag

TheTramp
07-13-2005, 12:58 PM
It's a totaly different sort of "bounce" than the bounce that you see in electros and as I said above, it in no way has to be a problem.

Halliday
07-13-2005, 10:28 PM
With just those two choices, I voted Cocker. I have played with an original RT (loooved it), love the LX, but hate the Warp.

vonort
07-14-2005, 08:21 AM
I voted for the cocker.. Only on the basis that I don't like Warp feeds.

My first choice isnt on the list.. Palmer Blazer. Take that over either one of the choices. :shooting: :dance: