PDA

View Full Version : Dumb ? i know but is it posible to fill a n2 tank with an air compresor?

spyder luver
07-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Ok im sick of using co2. Today i went and got my co2 tank filled and it sat in the car for a while,well, when i came back it was empty it all just turned to liquid and shot out by itself. I was so mad. Then i started to think y dont i just switch to n2 *which ive been thinking for a while acually* but then i relized that there is no were to get n2 tanks filled around me so i am wondering if its posible to fill a n2 tank with an aircompresor......and wut type of fill station would i have to buy if i can do this or if i cant how much would a scooba tank and fill station cost
?

WickeDKlowN
07-03-2005, 08:44 PM
Yes and No.

If you have a 2-Stage compressor that can fill to 3000PSI, then sure you can. If you've got just a normal compressor in your garage that puts out like 200psi, then no, you can't.

If there's any SCUBA shops around they can usually fill them.

Aslan
07-03-2005, 08:47 PM
SL...I've heard a similar thing, actually a guy at a paintball store told me the advantage to compressed air was that you could fill them with an air compressor. I mentioned that here in AO and everyone pretty much said that even if that was possible, which it may not be...it would be a dangerous thing to do.

You can get N2 tanks online...ebay...etc... Unfortunately, they are expensive. I have been trying to get a couple 4500psi tanks so I can stop using CO2 altogether...but no luck yet...can't find them with good hydros for under about $70-80...and the only ones that low are 3000psi. :(

spyder luver
07-03-2005, 09:14 PM
oo that sucks well how much does a scubba tank cost and wut would be the cheapest but yet good and safe fill station i would need

Jaan
07-03-2005, 09:37 PM
It would be an expensive proposition ... that's the long and the short of it.

Your CO2 tank might have gotten too hot in the car and the bust disk failed. It happens. HPA tanks have them as well. The tank got hot, the pressure increased and the safty gave out.

Why don't you just get an extra couple of CO2 tanks, they're cheap enough. A CO2 fill station is relatively cheap too ... you could make the parts out of stuff you find in a plumbing store and then all you need is a tank, 20 lbs is a nice size. You'll need a syphon tank for the fill station and a scale (digital fish scale is good). Go to a "gas" store and see if they got any tanks for sale, many do and I happen to get one from a paintballer who just left one there lol. BOC gases is where I have my bulk tank filled.

spyder luver
07-03-2005, 09:56 PM
It would be an expensive proposition ... that's the long and the short of it.

Your CO2 tank might have gotten too hot in the car and the bust disk failed. It happens. HPA tanks have them as well. The tank got hot, the pressure increased and the safty gave out.

Why don't you just get an extra couple of CO2 tanks, they're cheap enough. A CO2 fill station is relatively cheap too ... you could make the parts out of stuff you find in a plumbing store and then all you need is a tank, 20 lbs is a nice size. You'll need a syphon tank for the fill station and a scale (digital fish scale is good). Go to a "gas" store and see if they got any tanks for sale, many do and I happen to get one from a paintballer who just left one there lol. BOC gases is where I have my bulk tank filled.

ya me and my brother might get like 20lbs tank for co2 cuz its like $25 a month for a 50lbs one so it wont cost us hardly anything *i was just wondering on the n2 because my lines always freeze up on my gun from shooting fast and also the shots get inconsistent and it always turns to frost cuz i play in weather or about 80 degrees during the summer and as low as 35 degrees in the fall