PDA

View Full Version : Hey just got a 68 Classic Mag

Jon594
07-08-2005, 08:12 PM
Pictures first:
https://home.comcast.net/~jon594/images/magleft.JPG
https://home.comcast.net/~jon594/images/magright.jpg

I just joined and just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I'm a frequent visitor of other forums including Beog, Spyderea, MCB, SCP, and a few other forums. I used to use a Tippmann Prolite, but now that I have the Mag it will probably be the main gun. Woodsball is what I play 99% of the time, and I live in Georgia. So that's me. Thanks for reading and hopefully I can contribute and take away some good information from this board!

A-Tach-One
07-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Welcome to AO.

Maggot6
07-08-2005, 09:02 PM
Welcome to Mags, and well, that huge drop forward too. Do you have a thumb velocity ajustor or something on the back of your valve?

spectre184
07-08-2005, 09:26 PM
welcome!

you really need to get an agitating loader. Mags have hardly any recoil (compared to your Tippmann) and with that loader you will have problems miss feeding and chopping. Other than than that enjoy :clap:

Jon594
07-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes!

Maggot- Yes, that's a velocity adjustor on the back of the gun. At first I didn't like the drop, but the more I hold it (I can't seem to put it down :rolleyes: ), the more it grows on me.

Spectre- I fired a few shots off earlier, and must say that I'm impressed! I'm not a big fan of firing fast, being that I play woodsball, so the speed is not that important to me. If chopping and misfiring does become a problem, then I will certainly upgrade to an electric hopper. Thanks for the advice!

I do have a question about the tank. It's a 47ci 3000psi tank. How many shots do you think that I'm going to be able to get off of it?

Arstron
07-09-2005, 12:42 PM
I can get around 400 shots with my 47/3000 crossfire with an xvalve, level 10, and ULT kits (ultra light trigger).

Welcome to the mag world, chances are your gun will still be shooting in another 15 years. :dance:

Jon594
07-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the info Arstron! I just got back from playing, and I shot about 150 for the day with still about over half a tank left. The gun performed awesome! I love the feel of it, and the accuracy was insane! I pretty much like everything the way it is on the gun, maybe get a safety for it down the road.

MoneyShot
07-09-2005, 05:02 PM
Mags are my favorite :D

peewee
07-09-2005, 07:12 PM
Welocome to the mag family & the land of the mag AO!!!!!

Jon594
07-09-2005, 09:17 PM
I've read that you're suppose to put a few drops of oil in the ASA before you air the gun up, which I have been doing with all my guns for a long time now, but is there any other parts I should be oiling? Should I just leave it assembled until there's a problem? I'm used to oiling parts in Spyders before every day of play so wasn't sure. Thanks guys!

Jaan
07-09-2005, 10:08 PM
I've read that you're suppose to put a few drops of oil in the ASA before you air the gun up, which I have been doing with all my guns for a long time now, but is there any other parts I should be oiling? Should I just leave it assembled until there's a problem? I'm used to oiling parts in Spyders before every day of play so wasn't sure. Thanks guys!That's pretty much all you have to do ... there was another thread here just recently discussing what the oil holes in the valve were for, search for oil holes and you'll find it. The spring pack in the reg needs to be greased to keep it from rusting, but that's not something you have to worry about that often.

A 9v Revolution is all you need if you're going to keep the single trigger. I used a single trigger for years but now that I have an Intelliframe I love that and I wish they had come out with it 10 years ago.

Good luck!