PDA

View Full Version : One falty product..

Maggot6
07-09-2005, 11:48 AM
IT seems that out of every AGD product I have ever owned, or seen/tested all of them have been superior in performance, quality, and reliability. But the one thing that AGD seems to have failed on is the warp feed. Everyone seems to be saying that the wires always have to be re-soldered, and that they always strip the screws, etc. I have used my warp feed about 2 times for the entire day, and then maybe 3 times just at a 2 hour rec day. I have had to re-soldier the battery harness twice (not because of pulling it or anything, but the origonal piece is just cheap), stripped 1 screw (it was screwed in about half way, and bam..) and now I will have to buy a new shell for it because when I was unscrewing one of the screws on the black plate at the back, a piece of plastic that held it is broken, so I have only 1 of the 3 that are supposed to hold it down. It's not like I am aggresive with it or anything, it's just sorta, poorly put together in my opinion. Although it performs amazingly, never seems to missfeed, never stops feeding, and never breaks any paintballs... Have any of you noticed the same thing that I have, AGD just doesn't put the quality into the warpfeed like all their other products?

gortman44
07-09-2005, 12:48 PM
No, I never noticed that. I play front and hit the ground and bunkers sometimes pretty hard, and never ounce noticed it being cheap. i never had to ounce re solder. the only thing that i ever noticed was that you had to screw the bolts in pretty hard to get the hopper onto there really snug and after a bunch of times of doing that, it seamed that i was going farther and farther every time. but no def, a good product. I used mine maybe 10-15, no probs. I switched off it now so that my teamates could use my gun if they needed too, but there was no prob with it other than weight.

Army
07-09-2005, 01:49 PM
The only reason my wires broke, is when I got a little too "wiggly" when doing the 12v mod.

minimag03
07-09-2005, 02:49 PM
I thought the Warp was produced by ProTeam. If so then that might explain some of the problems.

Blazestorm
07-09-2005, 04:07 PM
No, there was a version they put out, all it was was a new bracket that was a "universal" mount... I think it just meant you could put it on spyders, even though I'm pretty sure the current mount you could already do that.

I don't know the specifics but AGD always made the warp...

peewee
07-09-2005, 07:17 PM
My buddy has never had a issue in 5 years of hard play.

Creative Mayhem
07-09-2005, 07:25 PM
I have to agree with peewee... my warps have always worked flawlessly. My mags have the bigcell mod by Havoc Online, and I have to say that they have never given me trouble, the only problem i have is with the plastic elbows for my WL breech on my xmag, I keep breaking them.. but that's minor. All in all, the warps I have are great, keep up more than adequately with both my Minimag Classic, and the 4.2 Xmag.

UTDragun
07-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Mine worked fine untill I couldnt unsnap a battery from my big cell mod and pulled the wires out, but that was my fault

Chronobreak
07-09-2005, 07:58 PM
i had a similar thread a ways back but cant search it out on this server i guess

i love my warp and like you i find/found afew things lacking

on/off

slide in batteries(revvy style)

12 vlt ready/capable w/out mods

and the crappy harness used(ive had 2/3 wire clamp things break in half or come unsodlered.

i have also has the whole harness come off when my batt door fell off and the whole thing just dropped to the ground..:(

even after all that i still love my warp, but i feel it could be better in a few areas.

as far as durabilty against the shell breaking..i would say they have great shells that are very hard.

RRfireblade
07-09-2005, 10:14 PM
I thought the Warp was produced by ProTeam. If so then that might explain some of the problems.

Nope, made by AGD.

Maggot6
07-10-2005, 06:55 AM
Odd, I guess I just got a bad shell, and really bad screws..Off to buy another set.

Arstron
07-10-2005, 08:51 AM
I havnt had any problems at all out of mine, ive had it for roughly 3 months and have played 5 or 6 times with it, I love it. I havnt done any modifications to it and the only time I took any cover off of it was to adjust the sensitivity when I first got it. I do wish it came with an on/off switch though, until I am working on my own mod for that though.... I can tell you that the AGD bracket does not fit a spyder. I had to dremel one of the holes to make it fit my piranha-mag.

paint magnet
07-10-2005, 10:10 AM
I never had a problem with mine. Once I adjusted the sensitivity, I had no double-feeding issues or problems with it spinning too long.

Although I didn't use it for any extended period of time (didn't quite suit with the setup I had), it seemed quite durable--I tripped over a tree root while running, my gun hit the ground, Boomstick stuck in the dirt up to the SS portion, warp landed on a rock, and my hopper fell off, but everything still worked. Gotta love AGD quality :bounce:

warpspyder
07-11-2005, 08:46 AM
No, there was a version they put out, all it was was a new bracket that was a "universal" mount... I think it just meant you could put it on spyders, even though I'm pretty sure the current mount you could already do that.

I don't know the specifics but AGD always made the warp...

Well the AGD mount won't fit on spyders (trust me), but my warps going on 2 years, and the only problem I ever had with it was when i short circuted a battery on the motor housing. Got pretty darn hot, but no problems other than that. Even the 12 volt mod (did it myself) didn't harm anything.

boarder2k7
07-11-2005, 10:41 PM
I personally havent had problems with my warp either. Wires are a bit cheesy, just take them out and replace them at the same time you 12v mod it (which I believe is nessacary).

peace :headbang:

RoadDawg
07-11-2005, 10:55 PM
I had one battery wire snap on me but it was my stupidity as I grabbed the snap the wrong way. :nono: