PDA

View Full Version : defiant 2 vs. 05 freestyle

johnson88
07-09-2005, 01:31 PM
which one do you guys feel is better. And what are some pros and cons of each. Others saying dont get either get ___ are fine but please also say which one out of these two you would pick.

Thanks guys

can'tthink of1
07-09-2005, 01:34 PM
I've talked to a guy that shot both side by side, both setup perfectly, and he is going with the new V7 Freestyle.

I personally thought the Defiant was small, light, but felt really cheap.

gortman44
07-09-2005, 01:34 PM
well the freestyle is gonna be more like a mag. its small and light. very fast,and easy to learn. not allot of upgrades but you dont need that many to make it so much better. The only thing that i have noticed from my teamates free is that it uses up the gas like a hog. But he said that that was due to the setting he had it on. the noid was useing more gas. it could be altered. Its supposed to get decent air, if i recall

DiRTyBuNNy
07-09-2005, 01:53 PM
I'm also going to go with a FreeStyle...i just have to wait till around Christmas to pay for it...

TDonovan
07-09-2005, 02:47 PM
Defiant feels nice and is incredibly light, however I would never buy it. It doesn't even have an interchangeable regulator, the torpedo and VA on there is reverse threaded, so until an aftermarket one comes out, you are locked into using that regulator.

minimag03
07-09-2005, 02:47 PM
The defient is basicly a Bushmaster with a few more bells and whisles. The Freestyle is ICD's top of the line marker so I'd go with that.

68magOwner
07-09-2005, 05:10 PM
i cant stand my bro's 05 freestyle, so, anything but that for me

can'tthink of1
07-09-2005, 05:33 PM
i cant stand my bro's 05 freestyle, so, anything but that for me

This begs the question, what can't you stand about it?

68magOwner
07-09-2005, 05:50 PM
This begs the question, what can't you stand about it?

the over all feel, its a personal preferance thing

can'tthink of1
07-09-2005, 06:21 PM
the over all feel, its a personal preferance thing

Ahh, I was afraid it was some performance thing. But yeah, perference is a huge thing. Like I find most timmy's (bascially all but my friends RL is solid imo) feel cheap, same with the defiant 2. I mean, they are so light, they feel like toys almost. Also the defiant 2 currently has a reg that can't be replaced.

UTDragun
07-09-2005, 07:43 PM
imo Freestyle

if I had a choice... DC Freestyle

johnson88
07-09-2005, 07:47 PM
alright guys im gonna go in the oppisite im going with the defaint 2 because i have worrys about the freestyles reliblity. Also i like the trigger pull trigger frame better on the defaint. ALso the defiant 2 simpilar, has better efficany, and a better reg which will lead to more consistance.(yes i realize no aftermarket but im sure an adapter will be out shortly enough). But thank you all for your input.

r-unit
07-09-2005, 11:16 PM
i know a guy who is going to be making asa adapters soon, so that u can use normal hpr's. hes aiming a the price of $20 each.

Jonno06
07-10-2005, 08:06 AM
defiant 2 really cant even be compared to a freestyle. IF you're thinking about getting a gun in the sense of the defiant 2, then wait a little and get the b2k5.

Banshee23
07-10-2005, 08:27 AM
defiant 2 really cant even be compared to a freestyle. IF you're thinking about getting a gun in the sense of the defiant 2, then wait a little and get the b2k5.

What? The Defiant2 is very similar internal-wise to a timmy, just in a different package. Plus it has a frenzy board in it stock & get alot better efficiency than the Freestyle... Most people compare the new Defiant2's to timmies, to put it in with B2k5's and say it's anywhere below a Freestyle is laughable

WenULiVeUdiE
07-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Unless you have small arms, the D2 will not feel right. The reg is so close to the trigger, it just does not feel right. Then again, I did not test it in actual game play. So your bets bet is to try it out.

The Freestyle os alittle more ergonomical. It is still small, similar to a Shocker or 'Mag, but feels great in your hands. It is well made and works well. The only problem is the efficiency.

The B2K5- Mwahah, I got to see one yesterday. They seem to be fairly light;. they have a similar lay out to previous Bushys.

manike
07-10-2005, 04:49 PM
The B2K5- Mwahah, I got to see one yesterday. They seem to be fairly light;. they have a similar lay out to previous Bushys.

I'm guessing you saw mine at Skirmish this weekend? :)

WenULiVeUdiE
07-10-2005, 05:45 PM
I can't wait to see the video you took with the barrel cam. I wanted to get a picture of it, but I couldn't find you when I was walking around with my camera.

Was your buddy MVPaintballer?

/thread hijack.

manike
07-10-2005, 05:52 PM
I can't wait to see the video you took with the barrel cam. I wanted to get a picture of it, but I couldn't find you when I was walking around with my camera.

Was your buddy MVPaintballer?

/thread hijack.

Yep. MVP is a fellow mod over at PBN, Kyle (admin) was there with us also. Which guy were you? I didn't realise we had met. :(

The camera footage when attached to the barrel isn't as good as I had hoped. Next time I will mount it to my goggles so the camera sees what I do, and not just where my gun is pointed. :)

WenULiVeUdiE
07-10-2005, 06:32 PM
I intoduced myself as "Andrew from FoN". I posted as that on the Tinker's Guild as well. I had the Logic framed 'mag on Friday night.

manike
07-10-2005, 06:45 PM
OK. Now it all makes sense! too many pseudonyms. ;) :D

Was cool to meet you! I noticed your gun first. :) nice mag.

DarkMag722
07-11-2005, 09:12 AM
I would choose the Freestyle. Because it is extremly accurate, easy to maintaine, light wieght, can use Autococker barrels, And shoot a little over 20 bps. It is a great gun. :dance:

Banshee23
07-11-2005, 09:36 AM
I would choose the Freestyle. Because it is extremly accurate,

And other gun's aren't accurate??? It doesn't shoot any straighter or farther than any of the other guns on market... Doesn't matter anyway since he went & bought the Defiant2 already