PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah board for halo

gortman44
07-09-2005, 03:34 PM
I dont know if this has been posted yet because i cant find the search icon. But here we go.

the new board for the halo mad by tag
http://www.tagsportz.com/product_info.php?products_id=106
This thing is so kick :cuss: in my mind. but it has a price on it

BigEvil
07-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Definately some nice features. The auto reverse seems like a great thing. As well as the fact that it can detect dark shell paint. That Curt guy seems like he knows what he is doing.

gortman44
07-09-2005, 04:03 PM
yeah as i do think. I mean its almost like this board can see you pulling the trigger.. I wounder if there is a way to keep those eyes clean thogth, becaus ethe problem that i have always had was that the eyes get nasty and missread. hmmmm.

yakitori
07-10-2005, 10:22 PM
the eyes wont get nasty unless you break paint in the hopper and put it through. Since the board regulates voltage to the motor and controls speed feed accordingly, its not likely it will break paint. My angry board seems to be easier on paint than the Zcode software. I havent broken a ball in my halo in many cases.

And if you are getting that board for your halo, you most likely have eyes on your gun, so chopping wont be much of an issue and blowing paint into the feedneck and getting the eyes dirty, is not likely either.

Only thing w/ me is, its 80 bucks. I have a rip drive and can reverse my own jams although when they do happen its easier to just shoot a few balls and clear it. I dont think I would want my loader wasting time undoing a jam on its own. I want my loader spinning forward not backward.

The angry board works great and is about 60 bucks. And the V35 is decent and even cheaper than the angry.

Im sure its a great board though. Its just overpriced IMO.

68magOwner
07-10-2005, 10:30 PM
yeah, the board costs almost twice what i payed for my halo.....no thanks

JoshK
07-10-2005, 10:32 PM
...Only thing w/ me is, its 80 bucks. I have a rip drive and can reverse my own jams...
The angry board works great and is about 60 bucks....

Im sure its a great board though. Its just overpriced IMO.

Well think about it...how much is a rip drive? I'm pretty sure it's more than $20 (which is the price difference between the Angry and Cheetah). Also it makes it seem like it gets it un-jamed within a matter of a second or so; much faster than having to reach up and manually un-jam it with the rip.

It just doesn't seem so over-priced when you look at it that way. But then again those are valid concerns.

(oh, and sorry...I took all the meat out of your post and left only the parts I wanted to address)

Blazestorm
07-10-2005, 10:55 PM
Get an empire-b.

That board is a waste, I had an angry halo, I noticed no difference in speed (in fact empire-b is faster) and on setting 1 and 2 I can shoot brittle paint just fine. I popped in the turbo motor from www.paranoidpb.com which actually runs at a lower torque so you can shoot brittle paint but still feeds fast.

Good enough for me... Personally spending $80 on a halo board is too much...

yakitori
07-10-2005, 11:26 PM
well, my halo had a rip drive on it already when I bought it for about 70 bucks locally. I just slapped the angry board in it, and I have noticed an increase in speed over the z code. Easily. Ive seen too many reloaders turn paint into soup that I dont even want to try one. Maybe they just werent set up properly I dont know, but Ive still seen it on multiple occasions.

Blazestorm
07-10-2005, 11:27 PM
I shoot 2 cases a day usually, I shoot some of the brittlest paint ever and have yet to break paint in my loader... one time I poured broken paint into my loader but that doesn't count ;)

But I do know what you mean, I think this motor helps a lot though, it seems to be much gentler on paint :D

yakitori
07-10-2005, 11:35 PM
I dont see how you shoot 2 cases man. At practice today, we played for 4 hours, and I only went through about 1000 or more. I play front, and it was 7 man though. Games were pretty fast too, so that helped. Damn though, 4000 balls in a session. :eek: Thats some major hosin. :shooting: lol

Curly
07-11-2005, 01:03 AM
This board sounds cool and all, but like blazestorm said, nothing beats the reloader b. I havent had any issues with mine. Its been incredibly dependable and feeds faster than I can shoot (which is pretty damn fast).

yak-

Two cases in a day is nothing, thats about what I shoot on a chill day of practice, when I was praticing hardcore to get ready for nppl events I was shooting close to four cases a day. When I played the events I was carying close to a case with me on the field... of course that was as a back player, now I play mid and carry 4-6 pods depending on the situation.

68magOwner
07-11-2005, 11:20 AM
my halo could be faster, i mean, i have a PR mod for it, with an on/off switch, and, when it is turned on, the gun definately increases in speed/consistency, but, that drain the batterys, so, only realy turn it on for a "ooh, look how fast this can go" thing every once in a while. My halo keeps up with psp ramping, and, thats all i really need it for anymore :(. Cheeta board would be nice to have, as, it would speed up the gun somewhat without eating batteries like the PR mod for whenever i get to play semi. But, since I installed my derlin drive cone, the halo hasnt jammed at all (seems that the slots that hold paint are sized better or something)

--bottom line-Cheeta would be a nice thing to have, but, i dont currently have the $ to spare for it

A-Tach-One
07-12-2005, 04:35 PM
These things must be selling, even at that price! They are on back order for 2 weeks, waiting for the next batch.

Lohman446
07-12-2005, 05:40 PM
I was standing behind an airball bunker the other day when someone decided to test out there new Angel by hitting the -very full- bunker. The noise was trying to spin the Empire... it didn't break paint but what would have happened if I had brittle paint in it?

LeatherPants
07-12-2005, 10:46 PM
I dont see how you shoot 2 cases man. At practice today, we played for 4 hours, and I only went through about 1000 or more. I play front, and it was 7 man though. Games were pretty fast too, so that helped. Damn though, 4000 balls in a session. :eek: Thats some major hosin. :shooting: lol

I can see how. A good backplayer should be dumping paint and shooting the lanes. You play front you carry maybe 4 pods? I go through 3 cases easy each time I play.

Automaggot68
07-12-2005, 10:53 PM
I can see how. A good backplayer should be dumping paint and shooting the lanes. You play front you carry maybe 4 pods? I go through 3 cases easy each time I play.

I've seen him do it, too.
I regularly buy between 6-8 cases as well.

AGD202
07-13-2005, 03:58 PM
i have a stock halo w/o rip drive, and i have yet to have a problem with it.... i have never had it missfeed, break paint, or feed too slow, or jam... so untill i get the problems ill just keep using it the way it is.