PDA

View Full Version : New grips I made for my E-mag

Load SM5
11-30-2001, 05:36 PM
Well my computer was in the shop for about 4 days so I got bored. And when I get bored I have to screw around with things so I made some new grips for my E-mag and want to see what you guys think. Their grooved like the angel grips and quite comfy. I carved them from some acrylic we had laying around the shop and polished them up. I want to see how when they hold up. I may eventually back-spray them masking off certain areas so the electronics and LED screen show thorugh but I'm not sure how I want them yet so they'll stay clear for now. Any suggestions? Feedback?

Not the greatest pic...you can't really see the grooves but they are there.

bond1313
11-30-2001, 05:43 PM
Very nice.

pito189
11-30-2001, 05:44 PM
Very nice it has the futuristic look.

-series-
11-30-2001, 05:44 PM
can we say "make me some?" ;)

Load SM5
11-30-2001, 05:47 PM
I might consider making some for folks eventually, if the interest is there and these hold up well.

MajorDamage
11-30-2001, 05:49 PM
Sweet! Its like super butt feces on drugs! With porkchops! Mucho coola!

ENDO!

Load SM5
11-30-2001, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by MajorDamage
Sweet! Its like super butt feces on drugs! With porkchops! Mucho coola!

ENDO!

Wha:confused: ? Does mean good or what?

AngelBoy
11-30-2001, 05:55 PM
I think that means he likes em:)...

Dave
11-30-2001, 06:03 PM
very beautiful...they are simple, yet wrap up a classic and futuristic look...I have also been experimenting with grips(out of wood) and as soon as i can get a decent picture of them I will post the first pair I made for my intelliframe. You know what would be cool? To find different tinted plexi-grass or whatever you use to make them, that way if someone had a red Emag, the could get red tinted grips....I bet those would sell really really quick!

-Dave

vtec
11-30-2001, 06:06 PM
how much would you charge for a set of those, i like the look a lot. how do they feel in the hand? lt us know how they hold up, i would definitely buy a pair from ya.

Load SM5
11-30-2001, 06:14 PM
They feel great. If anyone has picked up and angel LCD before they feel a lot like those. That's really what I modeled them after and the only thing I liked about an angel more than my e-mag. They also slim up the grip a bit too.

I do actually have some scrap red acrylic if someone needs pair to go with a red E-mag. How much are they worth? I don't want to screw anyone. I'm not DYE.:D

Load SM5
11-30-2001, 06:17 PM
Another crappy pic taken with a crappy digital camera...

Russ
11-30-2001, 06:19 PM
Check this place out...

www.kovalknives.com

Look at the Dymondwood, carbon fiber stock, and all the other cool handle material they offer. I really like that multi-colored Dymondwood.

bond1313
11-30-2001, 06:20 PM
I will take the red ones, how about 15, for them.

oneshot
11-30-2001, 06:48 PM
Keep them clear those look awesome. I would be interested in some clear ones if you would decide to make more. Keep us informed on your progress

ZeezNutz
11-30-2001, 06:54 PM
those are great i think the clear is the best keep them that way :)

Muzikman
11-30-2001, 07:02 PM
Now, I'm not a plastic expert...but can you dye those with Rit dye like you can the warp and normal nylon plastics? If so, I want a pair ASAP..I'll give you $30 right now to pre order.

Smokee_2_7
11-30-2001, 07:03 PM
sweet grips, man.
the only thing i would wonder about is how slippery they get when the playing gets muddy and wet (remember last time I was up?) Lol modeled them after grips on an LCD, huh?- - - wonder who's gun that was. hehehe. Oh, by the way, the shiney mag is no more. I got sick of it, so it re-designed it. Youll have to check it out next time im up. by the way, that should be in about 3 weeks or so.

Finally, you missed it- - - i was at NAP last friday, saturday, AND sunday. Brent and i played in the 2 man. Didnt do so well though-lol-have some funny stories, though.

Anyway, catch ya later.

Carl

-series-
11-30-2001, 08:33 PM
yeah those are def tight....me wanty

Bain
11-30-2001, 09:06 PM
definately very nice, I would also purchase a pair off ya dude. I like the clear look, very cool lookin.

vtec
11-30-2001, 09:46 PM
let me know what you would want for a set of the clear ones or a smoke type color if you could get ahold of someething like that. let me know. <---- ready to buy.

Load SM5
11-30-2001, 10:23 PM
Wow, the responce! Thanks guys.

What I'll do is make another pair, maybe in red to see how that works out and try and perfect the process a little more, and make a pattern to make sure everything is nice and consistant. I'll let you guys know when I get them ready sometime next week and see what you think. How much I charge will depend on how fast I can make them since they are all hand made. Thanks again for the interest.

Carl-Sorry I missed you. Yes, I got grip envy after messing with your angel that one time. Let me know when you come up a week in advance so I can tell my wife to leave my life alone for that Saturday.:D

kilaueakid
11-30-2001, 10:47 PM
hey load,
you wanna swap df's? I got the same one but in black. Yours appears to be a pewter or some shade of gray...unless it is just the photo. lemme know.
kila

Miscue
11-30-2001, 10:47 PM
Dude... how do I get me some of those? :)

Load SM5
11-30-2001, 11:36 PM
kilaueakid- I kinda want to hang on the shocktech drop. It is going to go with my future silver/black scheme.

Miscue- I'll be knocking out another pair next week to refine the whole process and gather up a few tools to speed it up as well. I'll post the results then and if I feel comfy enough I'll take a few orders. I'd really feel like a knob if I sold some grips that people are'nt going to happy happy with when they get them. I'll probably make some and let a few guys be my beta testers and give me feedback on improvements. I'll keep all you guys informed.

Load SM5
11-30-2001, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman
Now, I'm not a plastic expert...but can you dye those with Rit dye like you can the warp and normal nylon plastics? If so, I want a pair ASAP..I'll give you $30 right now to pre order.

Sorry I missed this one...

I don't know about dying them but depending on the color they could be backsprayed pretty much any color. I may try dying a scrap chunk though to see if they can be tinted. I kind of doubt it will work though.

DJTmRave3
12-01-2001, 12:28 AM
Leave them clear...they rock!!!!!!!!!!

FooTemps
12-01-2001, 01:02 AM
Buy some light tint and put it on the back of the grips... That should look cool...