PDA

View Full Version : Cocker thread vs. mag twist lock, accuracy

gortman44
07-10-2005, 12:23 PM
I was shooting with a dye stainless, twist lock, for years and have always shot better darts than anyother gun taht i have run across. But i just got a dallara body, and am using a jt, two peice. the bore is alittle big, but anyways i have noticed that i dont get those same shots. Is it my detents, bore size, or is it just that i am not going to get the same shots. I mean with the jt barrel, dallara combo, its like the balls have a really bad top spin, and arnt always ball on ball. But with the twist lock stainless barrel, the balls would sail and hit ball on ball.... Am i doing something wrong or am i just not gonna get those same shots

Head knight of Ni
07-10-2005, 12:28 PM
Have you been feeding your Gnomes? What about the Elfs? :nono:

Miscue
07-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Wow, usually someone says that they think threaded barrels are more accurate.

They both have the same accuracy.

"Barrel wobble" from a twist-lock is usually what people bring up. It doesn't wobble until after the shot is fired, happens when for some reason that barrel is loose, can be fixed with a shim.

magman007
07-10-2005, 02:24 PM
its your perception, the balls can be just as accurate with a .991 barrel, it is just less efficient

gortman44
07-10-2005, 10:45 PM
its your perception, the balls can be just as accurate with a .991 barrel, it is just less efficient

Ah, so I think i understand what you are trying to say here. thanks

jewie27
07-11-2005, 01:20 AM
It's all the same $*&#.

Jaan
07-11-2005, 08:08 AM
The twist lock is more acurate because the ball is dropped directly into the barrel without having to make a transition.

*ducks*

At least that's what it says on the video tape (c:

chairman_mao
07-11-2005, 10:55 AM
I have scientific evidence but I seem to find the samething. I have recently sold my all ULE Logic mag to go back to a SS that I built as a project because the DYE SS barrel just seems to throw ropes like nothing I ever had on the ULE. I used the J&J 2 piece, an Evil Pipe kit and a DYE UL and none of them matched the shot to shot consistancy of the DYE SS (IMHO). So you're not crazy but it may just be perception.

gortman44
07-11-2005, 11:13 AM
I have scientific evidence but I seem to find the samething. I have recently sold my all ULE Logic mag to go back to a SS that I built as a project because the DYE SS barrel just seems to throw ropes like nothing I ever had on the ULE. I used the J&J 2 piece, an Evil Pipe kit and a DYE UL and none of them matched the shot to shot consistancy of the DYE SS (IMHO). So you're not crazy but it may just be perception.

Its too bad that the ss is so freakin heavy, because it shoots like no other. I do agree with you. I love mine

vonort
07-11-2005, 11:14 AM
I"ve always liked the twistlock for the fact you don't have to worry about shooting your barrel loose. Accuracy wise who knows. But when a threaded barrel starts to back out.. I do know you loose some accuracy.

chairman_mao
07-11-2005, 01:27 PM
Its too bad that the ss is so freakin heavy, because it shoots like no other. I do agree with you. I love mine
Meh it's really not that heavy. I have an all SS w/ a warp and a 91/45 flatline and my arms aren't that much more tired than after a day w/ the all ule

frop
07-12-2005, 07:53 PM
I"ve always liked the twistlock for the fact you don't have to worry about shooting your barrel loose. Accuracy wise who knows. But when a threaded barrel starts to back out.. I do know you loose some accuracy.

O-rings work wonders for that, you know.

MoneyShot
07-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Twist lock is pwnt