PDA

View Full Version : 4.0 softwear

yogi
07-10-2005, 01:44 PM
hay guys old to paintball new to mags. just bought a emag with 4.0 softwear , i thought 3.2 was the latest , the selled did not know a lot about it, need to know what is included in 4.0 i play scenario and was wondering if full auto was inc, thanks for all the help

CJ55
07-10-2005, 01:58 PM
im not sure whats in it but 4.0 is rare and was only a test version of the software. most any version besides 3.2 is getting rare due to guys flashing up to 3.2. but i have had a 4.0 a while ago its real cool and fast :shooting:

Teamslayer76
07-10-2005, 02:48 PM
The 4.0 software was given to a select few people for testing but did get into a few other peoples hands. It does include full auto but is said to malfunction sometimes. Thats why it was never released publicly. Also includes and Text/Name scroller that you can customize to how ever you like it, not 100% positive on that. It raises the cap to 26bps. Which is can do if you have it tuned right or wrong how ever you wana look at it and some fast fingers.

Ohh and yea it is rare if you havent areadly guessed. Then anything besisdes 3.2 is rare like Yogi said. Enjoy your Emag I'm sure you will. :clap: :cheers:

paint magnet
07-10-2005, 10:16 PM
4.0 had a few issues with the Hall Effect Sensor if I remember correctly...I think they were solved by reversing the magnets or something like that. You could call AGD to be sure, and if you had to, I'm sure you could get the board flashed to 3.2.

I think slayer is right about the scrolling message as well.

Anyways, it will still work in manual :p

Spartan X
07-11-2005, 06:21 AM
4.0 had a few issues with the Hall Effect Sensor if I remember correctly...I think they were solved by reversing the magnets or something like that. You could call AGD to be sure, and if you had to, I'm sure you could get the board flashed to 3.2.

No way man, keep the 4.0 :)

If you plaN TO PLAY TOURNEY..YOU WIL HAVE TO GET IT CHANGED PROlly (caps off)

I had 4.0 on my last x-mag but when I took it to IAO to get a tune up AGD reflashed it to 3.2 with out telling me and boy was I PISSED becaause I don't play tourney ball and it's ok if it goes full auto, plus that effectivly lowered my resale value :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Creative Mayhem
07-11-2005, 06:31 AM
As was stated, 4.0 was a testing software. They falshed a good chunk of mags at the NorCal/SoCal AO event to see what a good chunk of mags would do. It worked for the most part but then a FA problem arose and they needed to revamp the software. The problem wasn't in all 4.0 equiped mags, but even one that caused an injury would be enough, if you get my point.

I know some others have had issues with their 4.x versions and needed to be reflashed back to 3.2, which is the only software that AGD will work on. So If you have anything higher than 3.2, they will reflash to 3.2, and then work on your gun.

Sorry guys its a liability issue.

yogi
07-11-2005, 10:04 AM
thanks guys this is my 1st automag and i like it a lot . i dont play turney ball, only scenario
and full auto is allowed. i too would be pissed if someone reflashed it with out my permission.
being it was a beta test i guess thair was not a manual with it, if any one noes what the modes and such are please let me know.

Dayspring
07-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Well, DB means Debounce.

1 being the lowest amount of filtering and 10 being the highest.

Basically, 1 = faster, 10=slower.

The eye modes are still the same as 3.2 if I remember my tester correctly.

There was also an electronic safety. If you hold both buttons together, that should make the marker unable to fire on E. Do it again to fire in E.

CJ55
07-11-2005, 10:26 AM
thanks guys this is my 1st automag and i like it a lot . i dont play turney ball, only scenario
and full auto is allowed. i too would be pissed if someone reflashed it with out my permission.
being it was a beta test i guess thair was not a manual with it, if any one noes what the modes and such are please let me know.

there was at one point on xmagworld.com it stated what software were made and the condition of it, testing, wide release.. dont know if it had manuals but it told you everything included, full auto, burst. DB... if its still there you should chech it out.

Tunaman
07-11-2005, 03:43 PM
The "full auto" you speak of is NOT a function of the software. If it's going full auto that means it isn't working right and must come off.

yogi
07-11-2005, 04:53 PM
hy guys thanks for all the info, i called agd tech today and they told that nthe 4.0 soft ware was a ramping softwear and some of them had a feed back problem withthe hal trigger sensor and the solided going so fast making it go full auto, was told to set rb to one and hold on that it was better than full auto.will let you guys know how it works next weekend. if i dont like it i can alwas buy the pred dropin board, cant beat bob and his mod guys.

Counterfeit_Syn5304
07-12-2005, 07:57 PM
I have the software and I'm allowed to use it in tournys. You just gotta make sure not to have those occassions of fullauto, or at least know how to stop that when it starts real fast. Usually it happens when the battery is going low at least thats how my experiences went with it. I love my emag..its a lot better than the timmy I have. I need to get the fireblade trigger and maybe a new anno job and it will be hotter than a lot of guns. 4.01=spits hot fire :mad: :D

Miscue
07-12-2005, 08:02 PM
hy guys thanks for all the info, i called agd tech today and they told that nthe 4.0 soft ware was a ramping softwear and some of them had a feed back problem withthe hal trigger sensor and the solided going so fast making it go full auto, was told to set rb to one and hold on that it was better than full auto.will let you guys know how it works next weekend. if i dont like it i can alwas buy the pred dropin board, cant beat bob and his mod guys.

It's not ramping software. The problem involves the HES confusing the solenoid's field as a trigger pull... self-perpetuating. It's a design flaw of the marker that is aggravated by the software.

Flash it to 3.2.

Miscue
07-12-2005, 08:08 PM

No, reversing polarity... by flipping the solenoid wires only reverses the logic (although it for the most part fixes the problems that 3.2 had). Instead of going FA when the trigger is pulled, it goes FA when the trigger is released.

Miscue
07-12-2005, 08:12 PM
The 4.0 software was given to a select few people for testing but did get into a few other peoples hands. It does include full auto but is said to malfunction sometimes. Thats why it was never released publicly. Also includes and Text/Name scroller that you can customize to how ever you like it, not 100% positive on that. It raises the cap to 26bps. Which is can do if you have it tuned right or wrong how ever you wana look at it and some fast fingers.

Ohh and yea it is rare if you havent areadly guessed. Then anything besisdes 3.2 is rare like Yogi said. Enjoy your Emag I'm sure you will. :clap: :cheers:

It does NOT have FA as a feature. The FA issue is related with a design flaw of the marker - and software that aggravates the problem.