PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my RT pro

Rallog
07-10-2005, 03:03 PM
If someones had a similar problem posted, just redirect me to a link to the thread...

My RT pro has worked flawlessly for quite some time now... but last weekend I pulled it out of its case and went to check the velocity on it... Well, it didn't fire right. When I gassed it up, it cycled the bolt like normal, but then after a shot was fired, it didn't recycle like normal, instead it leaked air out of the barrel. So I ungassed and regassed it and the same thing happened. So I tore the gun apart and put it back together as (I'm not an expert at this, so I was just looking for an obvious problem). When I gassed it up, it cycled like normal again, only this time when I held down the trigger it continued to fire until I let off. Next time i pulled the trigger it kept shooting even after I was no longer holding the trigger down.

Needless to say I'm completely lost here, No idea whats wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jrod
07-10-2005, 07:36 PM
If someones had a similar problem posted, just redirect me to a link to the thread...

My RT pro has worked flawlessly for quite some time now... but last weekend I pulled it out of its case and went to check the velocity on it... Well, it didn't fire right. When I gassed it up, it cycled the bolt like normal, but then after a shot was fired, it didn't recycle like normal, instead it leaked air out of the barrel. So I ungassed and regassed it and the same thing happened. So I tore the gun apart and put it back together as (I'm not an expert at this, so I was just looking for an obvious problem). When I gassed it up, it cycled like normal again, only this time when I held down the trigger it continued to fire until I let off. Next time i pulled the trigger it kept shooting even after I was no longer holding the trigger down.

Needless to say I'm completely lost here, No idea whats wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Try oiling it up. If it's been sitting a while, that's all it would need.

paint magnet
07-10-2005, 10:13 PM
If oiling it doesn't work, check the sear and the lip of the bolt for wear. If they both look fine, make sure the on/off pin isn't worn down.

Maggot6
07-11-2005, 07:08 AM
If oiling it doesn't work, check the sear and the lip of the bolt for wear. If they both look fine, make sure the on/off pin isn't worn down.
Exactly what I was going to say