Todd Martinez
11-30-2001, 07:23 PM
please dont joke around

MagMan5446
11-30-2001, 07:37 PM
brad!

ThePatriot
11-30-2001, 07:57 PM
I picked kurt cobain but it was close between him and marley, marley used to smoke like 12 foot reefers..thats so cool

Thordic
12-01-2001, 06:10 AM
Sublime was good and all, but just because he's dead I don't think he should be listed with Kurt and Bob. I'm a big Nirvana fan, ever since the beginning (How many people here actually owned thier first album besides me? And no, Nevermind is NOT thier first album). And I'm not a big fan of Marley, but I realize his importance.

I mean, I like Sublime, they made some good music, but it isn't like amazing groundbreaking rock and roll hall of fame stuff. It's like trying to compare Alien Ant Farm to Led Zeppelin or something like that.

MagMan5446
12-01-2001, 08:22 AM
Actually, before sublime, there wasn't such thing as "punk ska reggae" music.

You do have a point though, and I do have all of Nirvana's albums.

Load SM5
12-01-2001, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Thordic
I'm a big Nirvana fan, ever since the beginning (How many people here actually owned thier first album besides me? And no, Nevermind is NOT thier first album).

Their first album was called "Bleach". It was way back in their Sub Pop days.

mrhooie
12-01-2001, 10:26 AM

what about Fishbone?

Thordic
12-01-2001, 10:41 AM
Load - I know, I used to have it, till all my casettes got "lost" by my parents.. grr.

headcase
12-01-2001, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by mrhooie

what about Fishbone?

Fishbone's old stuff is great.......Party at ground zero is a personal fav.........and technically you can't have Punk ska reggae because reggae is an off shoot of ska, it's just played on the downbeat instead of the unbeat like ska is.

Later
SSDD

Stinger
12-03-2001, 05:32 PM
Kurt Cobain would be my pick for best musician ever. His songs weren't very complex but they were great, also the lyrics were full of meaning. Also, he had a huge impact on culture, and i admire that alot. I have bleach, nevermind, incesticide, in utero, and muddy banks. And if Courtney Love will allow the new box set to come out you bettter believe I'll have that too.