PDA

View Full Version : When everything works out

Lohman446
07-11-2005, 10:16 AM
I was playing in a three man this weekend... I had one snake side the other front player had the other one.

I break to the right stand up and just rail paint from there for a moment, then in a beautiful move by the other backplayer he moves over as I move up and they never see me enter the snake and just loose track of me, eventually beleiving they got the other back player out (because he was no longer in the left standup). I crawl up a ways and I know where all there players are... one right in front of me, one just inside the field, the other across. My backplayer yells at the other front player to "do something" - thirty seconds left. So the entire other team turns to him and to protect the flag - thinking they are up 3-2 on us. I come around the snake, bunker two players, and then cross field the other, snag the flag, and hang it - total time from start of bunkering to hanging flag - ten seconds.

The best part - I look up at the end of the field an the video guy got it on tape.. :clap: Yes, I ordered that tape.

Next time I go in the snake the other team hammers it so hard that I set my marker down and just lean against hte bunker... the other front player does about the mirror of what I just did on the other side of the field

We took fourth overall in the lower 3 divisions that had playoffs (21 teams total). Had a lot of fun.

gortman44
07-11-2005, 11:23 AM
nice, dont you just love it when you make a move that could be killer or just the wrong thing all together and it works out being killer. Man i know i love that feeling. nice going :shooting:

Lohman446
07-11-2005, 12:15 PM
You have a good point there - I made at least two game loosing mistakes in timing, missed a couple easy ones I should have had, and failed to come up with a 2-1 victory that I had position on and should have been able to take both...

onedude36
07-11-2005, 02:21 PM
I think that is one of my problems as a player. If i see an opportunity I check to make sure its clear before i take it, which somethimes means I take too long and lose game winning opportunities.

Lohman446
07-11-2005, 02:41 PM
I think that is one of my problems as a player. If i see an opportunity I check to make sure its clear before i take it, which somethimes means I take too long and lose game winning opportunities.

I have 100% faith in my team being able to take the win against any deficit, be it 3-2, 3-1, 5-4, 5-3, 5-2. I have 100% faith in moving when asked by anyone on the field on my team. As such I sometimes take risks that go extremely badly...

The fact of the matter is on my team we have some very very good individual talent - the four players I play five man with are far superior to me as players. I see myself as expendable and take risks that sometimes pay off, often break even or close, and sometimes just fail.

I'm as confident in there ability to win when I am in the dead box as I am when I am on the field. :D