PDA

View Full Version : q-loader or warp

dahoeb
07-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Right now i'm running a warp on my viking and it works great, even though most would agree it kills the looks of the marker. but i'm trying to lighten my marker a little, tidy it up some, and i was wondering if a qloader would be a step in the right direction or am i better off keeping the warp. All i know about the qloader is basically what they advertise, which doesn't tell me very much about it. if anyone can share their experiences with it i'd appreciate it. thanks.

ps: i've already tried this question in the aka forum, and it immediately turned into a "warps suck, get a halo" fest. nobody even tried to answer my question. i've used different setups decided i'd rather NOT have hopper ontop of the marker. so please don't waste time suggesting halos or any of that.

thanks for any help.

rob

Adamk58
07-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Id have to say im in the same boat. I really like the idea of a qloader, and the only downside I see in them is that you have to switch out so often since the pods only carry 100 balls or so. But I dont know anyone who has one or who has even tried one. I think Im just gonna buy one anyway. Ive seen the videos on the qloader website and they look pretty good.

dahoeb
07-11-2005, 02:49 PM
yea, the only real flaws i see is that it only carries something like 100 rnds or so. that doens't bother me too much though, i'll just carry extra pods and play smarter. the only thing that looks like it could be a significant problem is that you can't top them off like you can with a normal hopper.

Loguzzzzzz
07-11-2005, 02:50 PM
I have been using q-loaders for over a year now and love them. Some say that the 100 ball limit is a down fall but I have never found it to be one. The pods change in seconds. I carry one pod in the marker and 4 pods in my pack and haven't had a problem yet. What is better is that most of the guys I play with use them as well and we have shared pods in the heat of a game if someone need a pod.

I know that there are some who think that the Q-loaders are ugly but I like the way the fit on the markers. If you go to their website and look at the pics you will see my "Z" gripped mag and my "Y" gripped mag in their palyer's gallery. My guns are the last three pictures posted in there.

I have also posted a couple of pics here in some related threads.

The parts are guaranteed for life and they will ship them out the same day you need them as long as they are in stock. I have received the parts the next day.

Ask me anything and I will try to help.

Adamk58
07-11-2005, 02:53 PM
I read somewhere that they are easy to break and a pain to fill. Any comments?

dahoeb
07-11-2005, 03:19 PM
i went to the website and saw the pictures of all the different ways they can be mounted; and i think i gathered enough info from here and other places to make a decision. i'm definately going to invest in one of these bad boys. Thanks a lot of the info Loguzzz it was helpful.

Loguzzzzzz
07-11-2005, 04:58 PM
I read somewhere that they are easy to break and a pain to fill. Any comments?
I have found them to be very durable. I have thrown them from bunker to bunker when some of my teammates have needed a pod. Besides they replace any part that breaks for free including the shipping.

I actually use a halo to fill my pods. I made a hopper that attaches to the halo, holds 500+ rounds and can load 5 pods in about 3 minutes. I usually load 14 pods at a time this way I only have to fill a couple of times in a days play.

I have also used an "egg" to load. I saw somewhere here on AO where one guy grafted a evolution aggitater to the Q-Loader "shilo" including the eyes. It was an ingenious setup.

I will agree that if you are using the "Shilo" that is provided it is a pain to load the pods or it becomes a two man operation.

Loguzzzzzz
07-11-2005, 05:14 PM
i went to the website and saw the pictures of all the different ways they can be mounted; and i think i gathered enough info from here and other places to make a decision. i'm definately going to invest in one of these bad boys. Thanks a lot of the info Loguzzz it was helpful.
If you looked at the last three pictures posted in the gallery those are mine. A Dragun "The One" (my son's first marker), A "Y"-gripped mag and a "Z"-gripped mag. I sent pictures of all of my markers with Q-Loaders but those are the three they posted....Let me know what you think!

PS. Both mags use warp left ULE bodies. They work great with the Q-Loader. Nothing on top of the marker at all, very low profile and an unrestricted view down the barrel. :D

CaptainNeeda
07-11-2005, 07:52 PM
I'm sorry, but the insane feed rate of the Q takes the cake. That and they just look so much better, in my opinion.

boarder2k7
07-11-2005, 10:31 PM
The Q-loader looks cleaner for sure. However it has its flaws, the small capacity can be a hinderance depending on your style of play, for me it wasnt too bad. When you first load up your gun, you have to pre-load the hose that goes to the breach, this is nessacary because the Q pushes the balls so fast they break when they smack down on the bottom of the breach. You cannot shoot while re-loading (got bunkered because of it which sucked) and I have cut balls in half in the feed part while re-loading mid pod.

Overall I would stick with the warp feed due to the lack of problems I have had while using it. The day I got rid of the Q and got my Warp was the best day of play I have had in awhile.

Bottomline, 12v mod your warp and move on.

Banana for your thoughts everyone? :dance: :dance: :dance:

RoadDawg
07-11-2005, 10:40 PM
From my experience with them. (Very limited on a Q only a game or so with one)

Drawback of a warp:

Weight, reliable on a hopper and limited setup locations (stock anyway)

Drawback of a Q

limited shot, which with some getting used to would be ok (not really a back players dream hopper), price for tubes (if they are anything like the refill pods I break all the time it could be pricey), cleaning... I noticed them to be a pain when one ball in the middle broke. (Person I was with just left that pod out until the end of the day)

paint magnet
07-11-2005, 10:43 PM
I tried a Q-loader on my Viking once. I loved the light weight, small profile, and battery-less operation.

However, filling the pods was a pain and took forever, and they didn't fit in my harness. I also had problems with one of the pods coming apart and sending a shower of parts everywhere. They're also quite a pain to clean if you happen to break a ball in one of them (then again I guess the warp is too).

I've heard a lot about the feed rate of the Q-loader, but the results I got weren't too impressive...and I was afraid to turn up the spring tension for fear that the pods would fly apart more often.

Perhaps given time to get more familiar with the system I would have had better results, but given the choice I'd go with the Warp Feed.

Loguzzzzzz
07-12-2005, 12:34 AM
I have not had the problem of balls breaking inside the pod itself but I have broke a ball when changing a pod. This is a problem if the feed tube is the wrong length. I have only had one come apart once and it was partly my fault.

Q-loader has their own pod pack made specifically for their pod diameter. I leave the empty pods stored in it when not playing. This way the pods fall into your hand when loaded with the weight of the 100 balls. Their pack will hold up to 7 pods but I only carry 4 in the pack and one in the marker.

As far as the durabilty factor. All of the parts, pods...etc. are lifetime gauranteed. If something breaks they replace it free including shipping...fast, as previously stated.

I find them superior....faster, lighter and NO batteries.

I am by no means a pro or an authority but I know what I like and what works for me and I will continue to use the Q-loader.

I have set up many different configurations for four different player including myself and these loaders are so adaptable and versitile depending and your style of play.

Just my $0.02

dahoeb
07-12-2005, 09:20 AM
wow,
all of you are posting really good arguments for both sides of the coin. i'm still leaning towards a qloader. and if i don't end up liking the Q, i can always switch back to my trusty ol warp feed.
man this forum is so much better than the aka one. the best info i got on this topic is from there is:

"go with a halo on top like everyone else, you'll play so much better. q's and warpfeeds suck."

i thought the aka forum would be a little better, but i keep finding myself coming back to the agd forums. :rolleyes:

goforbroke
07-12-2005, 11:19 AM
To be honest i haven't used either of them, but the q-loader just doesn't seem practical.
1 Can't reload mid pod easily
2 Yes, it has a rate of like 17 or something but you only have 100 ball pod so half of the time you're reloading.
3 Cleaning and reloading the pod is very difficult as many of you said.

Loguzzzzzz
07-12-2005, 12:25 PM
To be honest i haven't used either of them, but the q-loader just doesn't seem practical.
1 Can't reload mid pod easily
2 Yes, it has a rate of like 17 or something but you only have 100 ball pod so half of the time you're reloading.
3 Cleaning and reloading the pod is very difficult as many of you said.

Since you admit to not ever using one I will let you "slide" ;)

1. If you mean take a partially shot pod out and put in a fresh one, you are incorrect. If you mean reload a partially shot pod, you are wrong again, I do all the time.

2.The rate has been proven above 35 bps through an AKA Viking. I ususally use 2 pods a game.

3. In the "old" design once you have taken them apart a couple of times it not difficult. In the new design the spring and spring tension are self contained and doesn't come apart when cleaning. Not diffucult at all. When loading I made a device to load quickly. If I can do it others can too.