Puddleglum
11-30-2001, 10:04 PM
Pretty self-explanatory I think.

MagMan5446
11-30-2001, 10:09 PM
Cuz im a lazy slug

Lorren
11-30-2001, 10:21 PM
1. The things are built like damn rocks. No exposed pnumatics to bash up, no external moving parts to jam or bend. Simple, effective, dependable.

2. Cost of ownership is low. Besides being more than capable for rec play straight out of the box, adding on to reach max potental (excluding cosmetic mods) is relativly inexpensive compared to other markers (coughhhh...ockers...) :D

3. Personal prefence. I like simple, sleek, and effective. Thats a mag. Its got a small profile and I just like the way it looks.

magking1971
11-30-2001, 10:22 PM
One word, QUALITY!

adlar
11-30-2001, 11:10 PM
There's something about the rugged simplicity of it all; something about being able to play game after game with out tweaking the setup.

Riot[Z-Grip]
11-30-2001, 11:12 PM
Why I bought a mag: The truth-It was cheap, got mine for $250.

Why I continue to own my mag:
1)Reliability
2)Quality
3)ROF
4)Compactness
5)Maintenance is simple/rarely required
6)Looks

-Pat

DiRTyBuNNy
11-30-2001, 11:16 PM
i used to have a c*cker that just wouldn;'t stay tuned in (and spent more time at Worr Games than it did on the field) and some kid offered me his minimag for it..and i was like..well..i've never seen a minimag in the shop to get fixed...played one game with it..and i was hooked..the thing just straight up shoots nails...and one of the refs at my field was like "wow, i thought i was the only mag shooter around here"...(he still makes fun of me for the first time i played with it...i was like ping..ping...ping...ping...and now i'm like pingpingpingpingpingpingpingpingping..stop...pingp ingpingpingpingpingpingpingping...it's all good MicroB..i knew you were just goofin')..wouldn't trade the kid back for the world...

Drew
11-30-2001, 11:52 PM
Mags are like a hobby unto them selves, fun to build, fun to upgrade, easy to use, great for demoralizing that whiny angel owner:D and they are made by the coolest guy in the business (shameless plug and bootie smootching):eek:

I still love my cocker, but I'll only ever own the one, I have 3 mags and am building a 4th, it's an addiction I tell ya!:D

AirChunck
12-01-2001, 12:42 AM
Reliability

X-Plosive
12-01-2001, 01:35 AM
because of color, no other manufacturer was able to produce such a depressing grey colored gun. But I honestly bought my mags because of the name "MAG" it even sounds reliable.

AngelBoy
12-01-2001, 07:01 AM
Well, I... Um..... Dont. And shame on you Drew for saying I'm whiny:D

HyperSnyper
12-01-2001, 11:30 AM
Because I dont wanna have to spend an extra $500 on an Autococker, just so it can shoot just like a stock Mag =)

-Hyper

PyRo
12-01-2001, 12:37 PM
Because someone told me too and i liked it :)

ThePatriot
12-01-2001, 01:59 PM
Because i was looking around and found AO when i was still a newbie and say that the owned of AGD actually talked on the board and you people didnt like cockers, and said they break alot, i believed what you said, even my friends said cockers were better but i just kept arguing with them that mags were better cuz of what this board said....glad i made the right choice, i will be a mag owner in approximately 25 days, today is dec 1st

Tack
12-01-2001, 02:11 PM
Originally I got my Mag because I liked the looks of it and had seen several Mags on the field that worked really good. I didn’t know much about the Mag , but when I got it I realized that a trained monkey could take care of one. That it the biggest feature I love. I can play a whole day, get paint almost everywhere in the marker either from bad paint or stupid me losing concentration and short stroking. I get home, Pull the valve out, drop the whole body into the sink and wash it all out. Wipe down the valve and bolt, place some oil in it and put it back together.

Besides that I love the reliability on the field, the range, the accuracy, and the fact that when I pull my Mag and some Cocker owner or Angel owner (not to knock all Angel owners, I am one) laughs at it, and then finds themselves walking off the field with my paint splattered all over their goggles.:D ;)

Brain Donor
12-01-2001, 02:17 PM
Why do I own a 'Mag. Good question, and a somewhat long answer here.

In my opinion, the best gun I've ever shot is my Free Flow Autococker. Just a simple pleasure. I also love my Angel SE.
Knowing there are many people that may "bash" that choice, I say So Be It, 'tis what I like.

I've owned a p/f mag (about 4 years ago), polished RT, polished p/f minimag. Loved them all; but have sold them all for various reasons. The minimag was the most recent to go to help fund the purchase of my c/f E-Mag.

Although I'm still working around a few chopping problems & solutions, I still enjoy shooting the thing. Although I do not *perceive* it as the most accurate gun - in my hands - it's still a pleasure to own a very high quality piece of art from AGD. I love mags for their simplicity in design & maintenance (except E-Mag for obvious reasons, cleaning is a bucket of water, or hose, away). So many resons to own a 'mag of any model, so little room to type a reply. They are among the few guns I recommend to people looking to move "up the ladder". Tippmanns are the gun I tell people to get for their first. Autocockers & Automags (depending if they want to run CO2 or HPA) are nearly always the next in line.

AGD makes some of the best, most reliable stuff on Earth; and that is reason enough to pay more for some of that best! :D

Gunga
12-01-2001, 05:09 PM
Why do I own a Mag?

Because I bought one! DUH! ;)

ronron2112
12-01-2001, 08:10 PM
Why I own a mag..... well lets see.. "Because Quality Always shoots straight."

When i fist saw mags,they were all upgraded. since i was a newbie, i did now know that you had to upgrade them from the start. Also, i wanted a gun that you can litterly dunk in water, and they'll still shoot(hahaha) And i needed a gun that really throw the paint out there, cockers just SUCk at doing that, unless you know how to pull the trigger, and mags have some of the shortest pulls out there.
I settled on my RT pro, and i love every shot. its been through it all... rain, mud, sand, cold, heat, dust, trips.., bunkers, and ofcourse taking the gun hits :( :(

now if you can understand what i just said..., but hey, thats the beauty of mags, you dont have to say anything, the opponets will just look at your face..

Aliens-8-MyDad
12-01-2001, 08:47 PM
well I didnt know a thing about mags... all i did know was i was gonna get a reeel good deal if i bought this minimag from my friend for $340 and hi gave alot of stuff too! and i thought that since it was going for around $500 for just the gun awhile ago (2years i think) but longer i had it the more i loved it. he sold it to me to buy his box with a long barrel (shoker)

things i like about it-
its got a body like no one else's
it has that "Unique" sound that makes people mad :p
so many upgrades and cosmetics
I can tinker with it and it wont blow up (mostly)
it hasnt broke down on me even once and so easy to clean and fix
and casue tom made it and he is nice lol:rolleyes:

Drew
12-01-2001, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by AngelBoy
Well, I... Um..... Dont. And shame on you Drew for saying I'm whiny:D

you know I HAD to say that:D

SoupRman
12-01-2001, 09:09 PM
needed a better gun.. was on PB City doing the usual research and came to the automag vs. autococker debate in my head. was in both forums pbcity and ao. after seeign what automags are and what autocockers are, i got the mag'.

Dave
12-01-2001, 09:24 PM
simple, sleek, sexy, classy, dependable, reliable, clean lines, low profile, compact, powerful, reliable, accurate, tough, few parts, easy to field strip, low maintenence, best and coolest mods(Z-grip, warp, Retro, etc.) best company to go with, best customer service...and there are so many more!

AGD rules!

-Dave

Miscue
12-02-2001, 01:26 AM
Because my EMag makes me happy, all warm and fuzzy-like. :)

Drew
12-02-2001, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Miscue
Because my EMag makes me happy, all warm and fuzzy-like. :)

if you'd shave once in a while, that fuzz would come in thicker and you might not look so silly:D

homer3dfx
12-02-2001, 02:57 AM
at the field today there where a micromag and my mag and the ref was like not another tree painter thats right fear the ROF of the mag

Miscue
12-02-2001, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Drew

if you'd shave once in a while, that fuzz would come in thicker and you might not look so silly:D

Are you making fun of my Moderator pic? :) That was the first pic I found, I didn't realize I had the shadow thing going on.

hardr0ck68
12-02-2001, 01:18 PM
hehe i bought mine cause i was in propaintball (the store that makes free-flow cockers, run by members of lockout) and i was talkin to eathen (the designer of the free-flow and ex-captian of lockout) and he told me he shot a mag for years and loved it...and that there is a guy on lockout who still shoots a mag even tho the team was sponcered my the makers of the freeflow, that right there spoke volumes, they even had one of his mags for sale (a beat up old mini) so i bought the mini, restored it...still love it btw (i dont know his last name but the guy who shoots a mag on lockout is a red head named steve, cant miss him he has like 2 feet of hair :p ) in one of the iron city viden by THS lockout is playing joy division and you see steve and luke of lockout working the swedes, luke shooting his freeflow right next to steve with his stock lookin mag :D bty freeflows ima are one of the very best cockers out there, im not trashing them at all, very very nice guns...but i like my mag :D

paintballer187
12-02-2001, 05:54 PM
i bought mine because i liked the way my bro's shot, it is rather easy to maintain, and is a really light weight gun with a low profile.

Ityl
12-02-2001, 10:14 PM
my brother had bought a rainmaker, froze 3 of them up so he got a cocker for an even trade. He put pneu's on it and it was nice, but had problems with it getting a nasty trigger pull after playing making it a must to clean the whole gun inside and out no matter what after every game. A couple friends had bought mags. My brother said I wouldn't like em, but I tried out the one kids. I loved the pull. They had got them for a very reasonable price so I put in my order. I have now been ripping them apart, tinkering, and making custom stuff for over a year and a half. To me mags have the best quality. The guns may not have the features that would suit my tastes, but I know the package I'm getting is high quality and high performing.

StevoC
12-03-2001, 09:39 AM
In one of my first games of paintball, I was hiding behind some fallen trees when I noticed this guy from the other team running accross the top of a ridge. He seemed too far off to hit me, and when I tried to reach him my paint fell short, so I figured I was safe. He looked up at me aimed his marker at me, took just one shot, and hit me square in the goggles. (he was not an any big incline either). I literally watched the paintball fly into my mask. After the game I spoke with him, telling him about his great shot. He showed me his marker and swore by it. It was a classic mag. Since then, I always wanted one.

ColdFusion
12-03-2001, 12:22 PM
I don't I was going to buy one and so was my freind and he got his cash first so got his with a flatline tank and revie and barrel so i shot it and just decided to buy a cocker but am thinking of getting a mag or blazer for a back up gun