PDA

View Full Version : So what new has happened in the last two years?

Brian68mag
07-12-2005, 12:43 PM
I doubt anyone remotely remembers who i am.
I used to post on these boards about 2.5 years ago before i left. I won an Emag at a contest here around 2.5 years ago. I enjoyed the hell out of it for a year or so before giving it to a good friend who was serious (he still is) about the sport. I quit pball because no one played in my region and took up the shooting sports. Now i shoot IPSC, IDPA, 3-gun and High Power competitions. I am also enlisted in the Marine Corps DEP and leave in November as 0300(Infantry).
This summer i am residing in Germany in a town called Syrgenstein in Bavaria.

I remembered this message board was by far the coolest on the Web and thought i'd give a shoutout and see if the mag crowd was still ticking. Obviously y'all are.

I am curious to know how AGD is doing, how the Mags are doing and what new developments have hit the pb world. When i head back to the states i'll be living in Tucson until i ship out and i intend to do a little bit of playing and i'd like to know what's new and whats going on.

Thanks AO, i remember you guys always were the best.

Maggot6
07-12-2005, 01:52 PM
Quite a bit has changed.... Baiscally AGD is standing still, not much new is being made, just the same stuff is being manufactured. I am not sure how old this news is, but the e/xmag aren't being produced at all anymore, . The level 10 superbolt has came out, no chops at all. The tac one is an rt pro in disguise, but a new body none the less... As far as the rest of paintball, the major issue is ramping. Basically it's not true one shot per pull, it's like three pulls and full automatic of 15.4 bps....

Blazestorm
07-12-2005, 01:56 PM
Actually you have to pull atleast 5-6bps before it'll ramp to 15.4

TheTramp
07-12-2005, 01:57 PM
Oh, and the loaders have gotten pretty sick! :D

dahoeb
07-12-2005, 02:41 PM
well,

smart parts sued and almost destroyed AKALMP (vikings and excaliburs).

DM4/5's are all the rage for 12-16 yearold skaters that think they're sponsored.

15bps isn't fast enough for some reason so people like ryan greenspan resort to cheating and is suspened from PSP for the rest of the season.

most players at fields don't know anything about agd and have probably never heard of the automag or warpfeed. at least at camp pendleton paintball, thats the way it is.

NOTHING NEW AT ALL (hint hint agd) has come out of agds big swinging doors for almost 3 years, since the xmag. you now have the proclassic and tac-1 but its the same ol lady in a different dress.

the only really innovative thing to come out of paintball at all for that matter has probably only been the Q-loader. most of the new stuff is just a remake or update of a previous version.

paintball has actually been a little depressing lately, companies putting so much hype into it makes me sick, and least more hype than usual it seems. and most of the time their hype doesn't even make sense!

anyways, JT is now owned by brass eagle. worrgames is owned by k2. tippmann, well i don't know who their owned by, but someone bought them. aci and system x merged.

kingman still makes a new spyder every month.

for the most part dynasty still dominates just about every event they go to, but they do get beat now and then.

thats about all the news i can think of.

by the way brian68mag, i've been in the marines for a few years now (hence camp pendleton pball field), so if you got any questions at all feel free to pm me.

Adamk58
07-12-2005, 02:47 PM
NOTHING NEW AT ALL (hint hint agd) has come out of agds big swinging doors for almost 3 years, since the xmag. you now have the proclassic and tac-1 but its the same ol lady in a different dress.

I think they are cookin up somethin big. I dont know what its gonna be, but I bet whatever it is Itll get them back into the mainstream.

JimmyBeam
07-12-2005, 02:49 PM
I think they are cookin up somethin big. I dont know what its gonna be, but I bet whatever it is Itll get them back into the mainstream.

dont get your hopes up

Adamk58
07-12-2005, 03:17 PM
your probably right, but it would be nice.

Caffiend
07-12-2005, 03:24 PM
Brian68mag, look Voodoo (http://www.southwestvoodoo.com/) up when you get to Tucson. We're a mag shooting scenario team, but we play renegade, rec, and anything else we can think of.

onedude36
07-12-2005, 03:28 PM
well,
most players at fields don't know anything about agd and have probably never heard of the automag or warpfeed. at least at camp pendleton paintball, thats the way it is.

by the way brian68mag, i've been in the marines for a few years now (hence camp pendleton pball field), so if you got any questions at all feel free to pm me.

I went to camp pendleton's paintball course. That is the most woods type courses ive ever been on. No sup air any where. Just trees and some fake houses. Kinda cool I think.

Dayspring
07-12-2005, 04:06 PM
mQValve for cockers... :rolleyes:

Oh yeah- we're leaving out one big thing- TOM RETIRED FROM AGD.

the only really innovative thing to come out of paintball at all for that matter has probably only been the Q-loader. most of the new stuff is just a remake or update of a previous version.

dahoeb
07-12-2005, 04:31 PM

Oh yeah- we're leaving out one big thing- TOM RETIRED FROM AGD.

oh man dayspring, i just slapped myself in the face for forgetting that one!

Adamk58
07-12-2005, 04:33 PM
as did I

SCpoloRicker
07-12-2005, 05:03 PM
Yeah, but AGD is still here to flame people! ;)

JoshK
07-12-2005, 05:23 PM

I was going to mention if you didn't. :)

Also another big thing...I started paintballing! :p

Vex
07-12-2005, 05:32 PM
well,

smart parts sued and almost destroyed AKALMP (vikings and excaliburs) And threatened to sue AGD--hence the reason for no new E/X-Mags
Anyways, JT and ViewLoader are now owned by Brass Eagle; Worrgames is owned by k2 (which also owns Brass Eagle/JT/VL). tippmann, well i don't know who their owned by, but someone bought them (read this:Tippmann Story (http://www.tippmann.com/home/news/story1.asp))
Fixed 'er up a bit! :D

shartley
07-12-2005, 06:07 PM
Fixed 'er up a bit! :D
You do know that is not true, right?

Lohman446
07-12-2005, 06:14 PM
You do know that is not true, right?

No they don't Sam. Despite TK explaining it to everyone once they want to see it this way and so they do. I don't conceive how people can refuse to see what is told them so much, but it happens here. They want to beleive that the E/X - mag demise is due to some great evil, rather than just accept that business issues (cost / profit / etc.) just did not cover the investment and risk it took to make them.

SCpoloRicker
07-12-2005, 06:59 PM
Yeah, I've sorta gotten tired of explaining that factoid as well. :(

magman007
07-12-2005, 07:09 PM
Man, get your facts straight, and dont be upset because others can afford dye markers.

well,

smart parts sued and almost destroyed AKALMP (vikings and excaliburs).

DM4/5's are all the rage for 12-16 yearold skaters that think they're sponsored.

15bps isn't fast enough for some reason so people like ryan greenspan resort to cheating and is suspened from PSP for the rest of the season.

paintball has actually been a little depressing lately, companies putting so much hype into it makes me sick, and least more hype than usual it seems. and most of the time their hype doesn't even make sense!

anyways, JT is now owned by brass eagle. worrgames is owned by k2. tippmann, well i don't know who their owned by, but someone bought them. aci and system x merged.

kingman still makes a new spyder every month.

for the most part dynasty still dominates just about every event they go to, but they do get beat now and then.

thats about all the news i can think of.

rifleman
07-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Yep, I remember ya--does anyone remember me? :rolleyes:

Good thread, I've came around ever so often, but havn't played in a good 3 years.

Adam

cuttydiamond
07-12-2005, 09:15 PM

If you think paintball is depressing and things are making you sick, quit playing! I am so sick of this type of person who has forgotten that paintball is about having FUN! So companies are getting greedy, name one other industry where the big swinging d***s aren't getting rich off of people by telling them lies. The last time i strapped on a pack and gassed up, it wasn't because i wanted to be something I'm not. It was beacuse I love the game, and trust me it is a GAME!!! Paintball isn't life unless you are sponsered or you support yourself with it, and even then, they don't care what you shoot or how fast, only that you come. Quit complaning that innovation itsn't coming fast enough! If you want a better product, get off your a$$ and make something better! If you can't, give those of us that can a freeking break.

JoshK
07-12-2005, 09:29 PM
If you think paintball is depressing and things are making you sick, quit playing! I am so sick of this type of person who has forgotten that paintball is about having FUN! So companies are getting greedy, name one other industry where the big swinging d***s aren't getting rich off of people by telling them lies. The last time i strapped on a pack and gassed up, it wasn't because i wanted to be something I'm not. It was beacuse I love the game, and trust me it is a GAME!!! Paintball isn't life unless you are sponsered or you support yourself with it, and even then, they don't care what you shoot or how fast, only that you come. Quit complaning that innovation itsn't coming fast enough! If you want a better product, get off your a$$ and make something better! If you can't, give those of us that can a freeking break.

That is a lot of tough talk coming from someone with less than 10 posts.

Did he ever say paintball isn't fun? He is griping because the companies are making it semi depressing in his opinion. Also when did he say it makes him sick?

You are getting alittle off topic there bucko...when did he say anything about paintball being life? Neither did he ask your opinions on whether it is a game or not, you will find just as many if not more people that say it is a sport rather than a game...that is a matter of personal beliefs and can't be stated as fact.

I'm glad that you enjoy paintball...I really am. And I agree it isn't life, allthough some people make it that.

He was stating exactly the truth...not complaining about it. The founder of this topic wanted it, and the writer was giving it to him. The only real inventions (in my opinion) were the Q-Loader, and mQ valve...both amazing products.

Also...we on AO don't appreciate your tone. We don't come hear to have people flaming(personal attacks on) other people, and trying to avoid the curse filter. Also you took his words out of context multiple times, and made up things you thought he said.

Please...go. People like YOU make ME sick. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Miscue
07-12-2005, 09:38 PM
Keep it civil... getting close to crossing lines. :cheers:

JoshK
07-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Yes Mr. Miscue. :)

Blazestorm
07-12-2005, 10:30 PM
He was stating exactly the truth...not complaining about it.

I didn't see much truth... I saw biased opinions.

Shut up and play paintball. Accept what it has become because it won't change. You can't bring it back to the glory days (as some of you call it). It will never be that way again. Sorry but it won't. So you can quit playing if you don't like it, but then you claim you enjoy the sport because it's fun. But then what it's becoming isn't fun to you, so you complain.

Paintball is paintball, what it has become will still evolve and change, but it'll never go back.

SCpoloRicker
07-13-2005, 10:32 AM
Keep it civil... getting close to crossing lines. :cheers:

http://images.art.com/images/PRODUCTS/Regular/10103000/10103233.jpg

Do you feel lucky, punk? Well, do ya?

dahoeb
07-13-2005, 01:32 PM
jeesh,
i didn't realize that i'd cause such a ruckus with that one little sentence.

yes, compared to years ago, paintball has got a little more depressing. i'll go ahead and explain why, before you (blazestorm and cuttydiamond) go pulling out your hair over it.

1. nothing new lately. a few years ago, we had things coming out like old school shockers and angels and warpfeeds and nitrogen and electric hoppers and barrel kits. all kinds of new innovations and technologies that were exciting and making me go "wow, this is amazing stuff". lately, its been, "oh look, a new spinoff. oh how about this, another new spinoff." that ties in with my other comment in in my previous post where i said "no really new innovations have been developed except for the qloader (and mqvalve)."

2. i'm not saying i hate this sport, i'm not saying this sport isn't on the right track. if you read and think about it, i'm saying that paintball technology has leveled out and seemed to reach a plateau and hasn't made any big jumps lately. its not anyones fault. so many of the flaws have been corrected, theres not much else to really innovate for! i'm not saying its the companies fault.

and i really don't appreciate somebody that doesn't even know me, telling me to get out of the sport. you need to calm down cuttydiamond/blazestorm, it sounds like your getting all worked up over this.

3. and yes, all the hype does make me sick. it makes me sick to see that bud orr is toting his walmart autocockers as "the most accurate in the world". its not even that big of a deal to me though. cuttydiamond/blazestorm, a few years back most of the hype going around was simply because nobody knew better; there wasn't enough tests or experiments to disprove the manufacturers claims and theories. but multiple tests have been done and most of the theories have been disproved, like closed bolt accuracy and range.

but just cause i'm not a big fan of certain companies marketing tactics, doesn't mean i don't like the sport or enjoy playing it.

and if you think my original post was bias, well good for you. i was trying to be unbias and i think i did a pretty good job. if you wanna go cry :cry: about it go somewhere else to someone that cares.

i never said anything about wanting paintball to change blazestorm, so take your little revolution somewhere else.
all i listed were some recent things that have changed in paintball and you just go buck wild with it and declare that i want paintball to change and to go back to the old way. calm down.

blazestorm, how did you not see much truth? i guess ryan greenspan didn't get suspended for cheating....i guess k2 didn't really buy brasseagle and worrgames, i guess smartparts didn't really almost destroy akalmp. yes, blazestorm, those are all bias opinions, haha, whatever man.

yea, i put in my own 2cents, but i never tried to change anyones beliefs and i never said anyone was wrong. it was pretty clear that those were my own personal feelings and did not reflect anybody elses. get some thicker skin blazestorm/cuttydiamond, thats the only advice i can really give you regarding that.

next time i'll be sure to be 100% politically correct so i don't hurt your feelings.

I am glad and do appreciate that some of you took my post for what it was though. I was just trying to help a brotha out.

Vex
07-13-2005, 01:42 PM
No they don't Sam. Despite TK explaining it to everyone once they want to see it this way and so they do. I don't conceive how people can refuse to see what is told them so much, but it happens here. They want to beleive that the E/X - mag demise is due to some great evil, rather than just accept that business issues (cost / profit / etc.) just did not cover the investment and risk it took to make them.
I must have missed that post... :wow:

It makes for a better story than simply, "Well, the X-Mag wasn't cost effective..."
Besides, there will always be you to clean up after people and set them straight :argh:

magman007
07-13-2005, 01:47 PM
jeesh,

yes, compared to years ago, paintball has got a little more depressing. i'll go ahead and explain why, before you (blazestorm and cuttydiamond) go pulling out your hair over it.

1. nothing new lately. a few years ago, we had things coming out like old school shockers and angels and warpfeeds and nitrogen and electric hoppers and barrel kits. all kinds of new innovations and technologies that were exciting and making me go "wow, this is amazing stuff". lately, its been, "oh look, a new spinoff. oh how about this, another new spinoff." that ties in with my other comment in in my previous post where i said "no really new innovations have been developed except for the qloader (and mqvalve)."

2. i'm not saying i hate this sport, i'm not saying this sport isn't on the right track. if you read and think about it, i'm saying that paintball technology has leveled out and seemed to reach a plateau and hasn't made any big jumps lately. its not anyones fault. so many of the flaws have been corrected, theres not much else to really innovate for! i'm not saying its the companies fault.

and i really don't appreciate somebody that doesn't even know me, telling me to get out of the sport. you need to calm down cuttydiamond/blazestorm, it sounds like your getting all worked up over this.

3. and yes, all the hype does make me sick. it makes me sick to see that bud orr is toting his walmart autocockers as "the most accurate in the world". its not even that big of a deal to me though. cuttydiamond/blazestorm, a few years back most of the hype going around was simply because nobody knew better; there wasn't enough tests or experiments to disprove the manufacturers claims and theories. but multiple tests have been done and most of the theories have been disproved, like closed bolt accuracy and range.

but just cause i'm not a big fan of certain companies marketing tactics, doesn't mean i don't like the sport or enjoy playing it.

and if you think my original post was bias, well good for you. i was trying to be unbias and i think i did a pretty good job. if you wanna go cry :cry: about it go somewhere else to someone that cares.

i never said anything about wanting paintball to change blazestorm, so take your little revolution somewhere else.
all i listed were some recent things that have changed in paintball and you just go buck wild with it and declare that i want paintball to change and to go back to the old way. calm down.

blazestorm, how did you not see much truth? i guess ryan greenspan didn't get suspended for cheating....i guess k2 didn't really buy brasseagle and worrgames, i guess smartparts didn't really almost destroy akalmp. yes, blazestorm, those are all bias opinions, haha, whatever man.

yea, i put in my own 2cents, but i never tried to change anyones beliefs and i never said anyone was wrong. it was pretty clear that those were my own personal feelings and did not reflect anybody elses. get some thicker skin blazestorm/cuttydiamond, thats the only advice i can really give you regarding that.

next time i'll be sure to be 100% politically correct so i don't hurt your feelings.

I am glad and do appreciate that some of you took my post for what it was though. I was just trying to help a brotha out.

Get over the whole AKA deal, Sp had every right to do what they did, they legaly could, and did. The patent was granted, the patent was enforced. I dont see any one complaining about ICD, who was attacked more than once by sp. So get off your high horse. Paintball has reached a technical plateau for the moment, get over it.

dahoeb
07-13-2005, 01:58 PM
Get over the whole AKA deal, Sp had every right to do what they did, they legaly could, and did. The patent was granted, the patent was enforced. I dont see any one complaining about ICD, who was attacked more than once by sp. So get off your high horse. Paintball has reached a technical plateau for the moment, get over it.

wow, just wow....
what are you talking about? half that stuff i already said. and i didn't debate any of it.
so whats there to get over? weird.

moving on. i did forget to mention that icd also was sued by smart parts, but they still produce and design markers.

JOESPUD27
07-13-2005, 02:42 PM
For those who aren't having fun in "paintball today" and wish to go back to the "glory days" I would like to suggest Pump/SC play. It is as close as it comes to the "good ole days".

Also, I think people get their shorts in a bunch more over AKA than ICD because people, in general, feel that AKA made better products. So, it was seen as a bigger blow to the paintball world. Just my $.02

Jay

dahoeb
07-13-2005, 03:31 PM
yea, the viking and excal were both far superior to anything SP had at the time.

magman007
07-13-2005, 04:29 PM
superior in what means? sp had the shocker out then, it was doiminating the scene, and still does dominate, up there with dye, and nps markers.

who all shoots aka markers? jmj factory? i think that it, and what div do they play?

yea. Sorry, cant bash a product that more players choose on a personal baisis. it sells better, and there fore it meets more players specifications than either the viking or excal

cuttydiamond
07-13-2005, 04:51 PM
jeesh,

I would just like to appologise for the tone of my post, i didn't want dahoeb to think i was attacking him personally. I got home last night after a long night of drinking and did a little drunk posting. My bad!

I won't, however, appologise for my opinions. What i was trying to get across is that you should play the game because it is fun. As for it being a sport, game whatever that is up to you. Just like in any other sport, the professionals make up less than 1% of the people who play, and the rest of us do it because we like it.

As for the whole technological innovation thing, I have very deep seeded feelings on this subject. You can not force innovation and ideas are not dictated by a schedule. I work in a creative field (jewelry design boys, if your lady is unhappy, i can help) using 3D computer design programs, and i constantly have to remind the president of the company he pays me to be innovative with my designs, but trying to apply the creative process to a calender is impossible. Ideas will come, but you have to be patient. Ask Rogue how much time he invests into new products before he sees the first dollar of profit.

Anyway, I just wanted to appologise for my attitude, it was inappropriate, but my opinions are just that, and i am intitled to them.

dahoeb
07-13-2005, 05:01 PM
I would just like to appologise for the tone of my post, i didn't want dahoeb to think i was attacking him personally. I got home last night after a long night of drinking and did a little drunk posting. My bad!

I won't, however, appologise for my opinions. What i was trying to get across is that you should play the game because it is fun. As for it being a sport, game whatever that is up to you. Just like in any other sport, the professionals make up less than 1% of the people who play, and the rest of us do it because we like it.

As for the whole technological innovation thing, I have very deep seeded feelings on this subject. You can not force innovation and ideas are not dictated by a schedule. I work in a creative field (jewelry design boys, if your lady is unhappy, i can help) using 3D computer design programs, and i constantly have to remind the president of the company he pays me to be innovative with my designs, but trying to apply the creative process to a calender is impossible. Ideas will come, but you have to be patient. Ask Rogue how much time he invests into new products before he sees the first dollar of profit.

Anyway, I just wanted to appologise for my attitude, it was inappropriate, but my opinions are just that, and i am intitled to them.

cuttydiamond,
apology accepted. and i agree with you 100% believe it or not. you do have a good point on the technology/innovation thing. just realize i wasn't trying to knock paintball or paintball companies or anything because of this. i was just sorta making that statement so the thread starter knows that theres not some special new marker out there that shoots 300yards without a bolt or valve and works on a nuclear reactor or something.

dahoeb
07-13-2005, 05:16 PM
superior in what means? sp had the shocker out then, it was doiminating the scene, and still does dominate, up there with dye, and nps markers.

who all shoots aka markers? jmj factory? i think that it, and what div do they play?

yea. Sorry, cant bash a product that more players choose on a personal baisis. it sells better, and there fore it meets more players specifications than either the viking or excal

hey smart one, i see you came back for another lashing. hahaha

where to start where to start. well for one, i said "yea, the viking and excal were both far superior to anything SP had at the time.". at that time they had the old school shocker, and the older impulses. i'm not talking about the nerves or the 03 shockers.

anyways, lets start with the old shocker: both the viking and excalibur were as low pressure as the shocker, had a faster firing rate without an 11bps cap like the shocker. they also didn't require a smart parts battery like the shocker. accuracy can't be debated because thats mostly a barrel/paint match. the quality of aka markers is only matched by agd markers, and shockers had a notorious reputation for breaking down and being high maintenance. the shocker was also very inefficient. but according to you the shocker is superior. sure it was.

the impulse: the impulse i owned was tempermental and i've seen many that could be regarded as finicky as the shocker. it required that stupid grease again. it had a maxflow. i have never had a good experience with a maxflow regardless of what others have said, i think the sidewinder is much better, and is much more reliable. the impulse also came with a rather disgusting stock trigger. i don't know about the excal, but the viking came with a "decent" trigger at least, not nasty like an imps. the impulses efficiency isn't that great either, its "ok" at best, even after upgrades. viking and excals, we're talking 1700+ per 68/4500 fill. and thats stock. not many markers match that even today. the ego is all i can think of.

maybe you don't see many teams running around with viking or excals cause THEY'RE NOT MADE ANYMORE! hahaha i mean, i could be wrong, but i think thats a pretty good reason. yea.

"Sorry, cant bash a product that more players choose on a personal baisis. it sells better, and there fore it meets more players specifications than either the viking or excal"

hahaha need i say more? i really hope youre just kidding or something. seriously.

magman007, go get yourself a cookie and watch your cartoons.

MaChu
07-13-2005, 10:50 PM
The sport has become full of more pre-maddonas than ever before. It has sold its soul for money. All the great founders have left. Hype and cheating has over come sanity. Yep, thats it in a nutshell. Oh and paint still costs the same.

Maggot6
07-13-2005, 11:08 PM
I really have no clue as to how the patenting system works, but I just thought of something. As well, I probably have every one of my facts wrong, so someone correct me.

Smart parts went ahead and decided to patent the electronic trigger. IF a normal civilian decided to patent the trigger before smartparts did, could they have screwed everyone the same way?

Automaggot68
07-15-2005, 12:53 AM

where to start where to start. well for one, i said "yea, the viking and excal were both far superior to anything SP had at the time.". at that time they had the old school shocker, and the older impulses. i'm not talking about the nerves or the 03 shockers.

anyways, lets start with the old shocker: both the viking and excalibur were as low pressure as the shocker, had a faster firing rate without an 11bps cap like the shocker. they also didn't require a smart parts battery like the shocker. accuracy can't be debated because thats mostly a barrel/paint match. the quality of aka markers is only matched by agd markers, and shockers had a notorious reputation for breaking down and being high maintenance. the shocker was also very inefficient. but according to you the shocker is superior. sure it was.

the impulse: the impulse i owned was tempermental and i've seen many that could be regarded as finicky as the shocker. it required that stupid grease again. it had a maxflow. i have never had a good experience with a maxflow regardless of what others have said, i think the sidewinder is much better, and is much more reliable. the impulse also came with a rather disgusting stock trigger. i don't know about the excal, but the viking came with a "decent" trigger at least, not nasty like an imps. the impulses efficiency isn't that great either, its "ok" at best, even after upgrades. viking and excals, we're talking 1700+ per 68/4500 fill. and thats stock. not many markers match that even today. the ego is all i can think of.

maybe you don't see many teams running around with viking or excals cause THEY'RE NOT MADE ANYMORE! hahaha i mean, i could be wrong, but i think thats a pretty good reason. yea.

"Sorry, cant bash a product that more players choose on a personal baisis. it sells better, and there fore it meets more players specifications than either the viking or excal"

hahaha need i say more? i really hope youre just kidding or something. seriously.

magman007, go get yourself a cookie and watch your cartoons.

You're screwing with the wrong person, dood'.

magman007
07-15-2005, 02:17 AM

first off, cut the holier than thou attitude, that crap doesnt fly with me, or on ao.

well first off, you dont know your time line, the excal was out in 2001, the impulse hadnt been released yet, and you are right, the only markers sp had been using was the Shocker 4x4 and the evo x cocker. Now, at the time you are talking about, When impulses were around, before the shockers and nerves, The impulse still dominated. Strange was winning, freak factory was winning, and these superior markers hadnt even made a dent in the market.

Also, by at the time, i had been assuming you meant when the viking and excal hit their breif moment of popularity, which was short lived, and only due to a law suit. At that time, sp was already dominating with the Shocker, Nps with the timmy, and gen e and part of dye with the origional matrix. notice how the AKA markers dont fit into the equation?

The old Shocker was a pos, but in the time frame you are talking about, it was still dominating the scene right allong with WDP. According to the market, it was superior than the excal. Also, paint to barrel match is a crock, apparently you bought into some market hype, consistency is what matters. Faster firing cap? im sorry, but whose markers were relegated to 13bps and needed to be sent in to have the cap raised? i believe that was aka... and i believe that happened way after the impulse had starrted dominating the scene.

Apparently you just didnt know how to take care of your marker, the maxflo is still a great reg, personally i like the sidewinder style my self(dye hyper 2 reg, etc). Disgusting stock trigger, apparently you never shot what aka marketed as a trigger, it was a whole hearted POS, and came stock on both excals and vikings. So the imps came with a crap trigger as well, what does that matter? who didnt change their trigger to their liking? the impulse trigger was not hard to tune to some ones likings, or even swap completely. Also, you are comparing 900 dolar markers, to 350 dollar markers, compare the "upped" impulses to the markers, which were in the same price range, and you will see, that they were on par, and still dominating the scene, again Strange and Freak Factory really pushed the markers to the top. And again, no teams using the viking and excal.... Odd. Efficiency, no one seems to care about it all that much, no one fills their tank once and plays all day, all day air is not a hard thing to do, i fill up after every game, no matter what im shooting.

Big deal, if they were all they were cracked up to be in the first place, this probabally wouldnt have been an issue. If these markers were gods gift to paintball, then the industry would have recognized this, and capitalized, And the company would not have had to bow out, they could have afforded the licencing fee, and continued to do business.

See, the thing you dont know is, i have owned an 04 featherlight viking, it shot well, but not up to the hype sourrounding it. Now you talk about hype machines, look at aka, and tell me, there is not massloads of hype in their marketing schemes.

The viking and excal werent the end all of performance. The industry saw this, the players saw this, and continued on their quest to find something that suited the masses.

It is obvious that the AKA markers were not FAR superior to what sp had out, at any real time, because they always had something that appealed to the masses, sold more of, and found its way into more happy and sucessful players hands. Where as AKA did not.

im not bashing aka by any means, but honestly, get off your high horse, and dont go tell me to eat cookies like some little immature forum troll.

Dayspring
07-15-2005, 08:24 AM
Bill, you're leaving out one important fact...

YOU'RE A GUN WHORE.

Whatever you're shooting now is SUPERIOR to the gun you were just shooting which was SUPERIOR to everything else when you had it.

rkjunior303
07-15-2005, 08:30 AM

YOU'RE A GUN WHORE.

Whatever you're shooting now is SUPERIOR to the gun you were just shooting which was SUPERIOR to everything else when you had it.

QFT :)

SCpoloRicker
07-15-2005, 09:56 AM

YOU'RE A GUN WHORE.

http://jasontheodor.com/blog/blog_images/clap.gif

AKA guns are far superior to just about anything out there, though.

/just about :ninja:

magman007
07-15-2005, 11:18 AM

YOU'RE A GUN WHORE.

nick, thanks for trying to invalidate my point, but if you ask any one, i am not shooting a SP marker at the moment, and i never have. im tired of holier than thou jacaksses like dahoeb, so i am taking him down through intellectual discussion.

Dayspring
07-15-2005, 11:24 AM
Not trying to invalidate your point at all. Just making a behavioral observation, that's all. ;)

nick, thanks for trying to invalidate my point, but if you ask any one, i am not shooting a SP marker at the moment, and i never have. im tired of holier than thou jacaksses like dahoeb, so i am taking him down through intellectual discussion.

SCpoloRicker
07-15-2005, 11:25 AM
Twas teh funny magman. :)

LONEWOLFOO1
07-15-2005, 12:52 PM
has anybody ever thought of changeing the actual paintball? or even changeing paintball size. i feel that as fars as markers go we have gone to far in technology its the ammo that needs changes not the marker. you can build the best gun in the world but its the ammo that really makes the difference. paintball has sacrfice speed overbeing accurate. why do i need to shoot 30 rounds to get one person out? build a better paintball thats where we need to focus our efforts. that right there will change paintball. i take accurate paintball over shooting a ton of unbalanced vary sized paintballs any day. i am surprise marker companys don't make paintballs for there own markers.

imageing a marker that gives you paint,a marker and barrel to match. that would be cool.

dahoeb
07-15-2005, 02:07 PM
ok magman007.
basically what i got out of that was "it wasnt as popular so it wasn't as good..."

A viper or lamborghini hasn't sold near as much as a mustang, does that mean the mustang is a superior car? no, it doesn't. but with your logic, the mustang IS better than the lamborghini. but there is also a price difference for a reason.

from a marketing standpoint, SP destroyed aka markers.but we're not talking about marketing or the companies for that matter, we're talking about markers. design and functionality wise those sp markers weren't as good. and the time period i'm thinking of is the few years that the aka markers and the shocker/imp coexisted. so what if the imp wasn't there in until 2001. i don't see how it even matters.

also, i know very well that constistency plays a large roll in accuracy. thats one reason people put regulators on their tippmanns and spyder and run nitro.

guess what also helps determine constistency? PAINT BARREL MATCH. you can have the best reg in the world, but if you have a poor paint/barrel match your consistency will still be mediocre.

i don't know anything about the OLD (2002) viking and excal triggers, never shot them, but i do own a 2004 viking, and the stock trigger isn't all that bad at all. the 04's don't have any side play or slop at all. aka at least tried fixed that, SP never bothered spending a extra few pennies to fix their triggers and they always sucked. the viking and excal i've owned would be able to fire fast and constistently with their trigger. which was almost completely adjustable. while the impulses stock trigger only had adjustable spring tension. to this day the imp trigger is unsatisfactory.

and from a technical aspect, efficiency does matter. if marker "A" gets 2000 shots per tank and shocker "B" gets 500 shots per tank, whats that tell you? it tells you that marker "A" was probably designed better and had more thought and effort put in its design. the viking and impulse share a similar design, but for some reason one far surpasses the other in efficiency. a marker doesn't get bad efficiency because its designed with extreme precision and effort.

the fact of the matter is that the imp is not as good as a viking or excal. but with that being said, the aka markers are twice the price of an imp and were a newer design than the shocker. so whats the problem? the aka markers SHOULD be better, given their price and how they were newer.

i'm trying to reason with you magman007, if you think i'm wrong, thats perfectly fine, just say, "rob i don't agree with you" or something instead of throwing a temper tantrum and calling "people like me 'jackasses'".

if you don't want me talking to you like a forum troll then don't act like one. all i have seen you ever do is go around trash talking what everyone has to say. i don't know you and i don't know if thats just how you joke around but it comes off as awfully disrespectful.

i do apologize that my previous post did come out a little more disrespectful than i intended it to be, but i still got all my points across. from the research i've done (and experience) most of my points are based on truth and not just my opinions.

i'm done arguing this topic cause i've made all my points and it doesn't even have anything to do with this thread.