BigEvil
09-12-2005, 01:06 PM
WOW HOLY FREEKIN DANCING BANANNAS!!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

MonsterMag
09-12-2005, 02:11 PM
:dance: = Doesnt cut it my friend
We need these :ninja:
http://idisk.mac.com/mm2270/Public/images/newbanana.gifhttp://idisk.mac.com/mm2270/Public/images/newbanana.gif

slimc
09-12-2005, 07:36 PM
quick question. Does the rail in the pictures come with the frame, or is that separate? If so, how much? If not i am excited.

CoolHand
09-12-2005, 08:58 PM
quick question. Does the rail in the pictures come with the frame, or is that separate? If so, how much? If not i am excited.

The rail will come with the whole marker (the $950 option :D ), or if you have me do the eye install on your marker (a $125 add on), I will machine your rail to look like that.

The $450 bolt-on frame doesn't come with a rail at all. I guess I could do up a package price for the frame, rail, and eye covers, and then you just dril the holes in the body (though I doubt it will be much cheaper).

warbeak2099
09-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Bah, maybe I'll just give up my uber light Alpha rail and buy an RTP for you to mill and add covers to. So I'd basically send my gun in with a RT style rail and you'd drill the body and mill the rail and add covers to it for $125. Could it be an Emag rail too? Or would it cost extra to mill the foregrip adjustable slot? One last question... could the eye covers work on a Delta milled RT/Emag rail?

Chronobreak
09-13-2005, 02:32 PM
:headbang:

looking very good, and coming along nicely

:starts counting pennies:

CoolHand
09-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Bah, maybe I'll just give up my uber light Alpha rail and buy an RTP for you to mill and add covers to. So I'd basically send my gun in with a RT style rail and you'd drill the body and mill the rail and add covers to it for $125. Could it be an Emag rail too? Or would it cost extra to mill the foregrip adjustable slot? One last question... could the eye covers work on a Delta milled RT/Emag rail?

An Emag rail will be fine. I machine the foregrip slot when I ULE the inside of the rail. Its all in the same program on the CNC. The outside shape, the inside ULE cuts, the contours for the eye wires, and the foregrip slot are all cut at once. Then it gets refixtured to cut the back off, and dril the eye cover mounting holes.

They won't fit the Deltas either. They need a flat spot about 0.5" wide and the full height of the rail, right under the detent to mount the covers, and all of my aftermarket rails have been narrow there to shave weight and give them cool lines. In this case though, I had to give up the swoopy in favor of the practical.

I think the eye covers look at least two orders of magnitude (that would be 100 times) better than EBlade eyes, and about five orders of magnitude better than the goop. Plus, they are removable, can be anodized to match the rail and body, and they are hell for stout (because they are metal and mount with a fairly large screw).

ClassicMagger
09-13-2005, 04:06 PM
Hey:

CoolHand- Just curious but are there anymore left available? Or are you closed up on the pre-order and the batch is good to role? Let me know, I understand batches and if they are done, no worries, but if you are still taking orders....Let me know.

I'd appreciate it.

-ClassicMagger

CoolHand
09-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Hey:

CoolHand- Just curious but are there anymore left available? Or are you closed up on the pre-order and the batch is good to role? Let me know, I understand batches and if they are done, no worries, but if you are still taking orders....Let me know.

I'd appreciate it.

-ClassicMagger

There are plenty of places left. Like 15 of the first 25 in fact. :(

Anyway, since the turn out has been low, I've decided just to do them as they come. If you order one before the boards come in, it will go out with everyone else's. If you miss that date (likely still a month off or more), yours will ship when its done at ano and I get it assembled.

Basically, all the parts are setting here, save the boards, just waiting to be ordered, anodized, and assembled. Provided, of course, that the boards get done when they are supposed to be. I'm not holding my breath. :rolleyes:

If you just want a frame, you can order it here:

Clicky Here! (http://www.logicpaintball.com/cgi-bin/mivavm?Merchant2/merchant.mvc+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LP&Product_Code=UEMFV10)

If you want me to do the eye install too, or you want to order a whole marker, or anything else, just PM or mail me and I will get you an invoice.

Anyhoo, that's the skinny.

Have a good one.

MadPSIence
09-13-2005, 04:48 PM
any reason why TAG is lickin it? 50 boards shouldn't be a hassle. If it was like 1,000 that's a different story.

CoolHand
09-13-2005, 04:56 PM
any reason why TAG is lickin it? 50 boards shouldn't be a hassle. If it was like 1,000 that's a different story.

They are at the mercy of their supplier, whom, I would guess, is very busy.

The fact that they only did 100 of them may be the reason they are taking so long. With those big board houses, it takes just as long to set up for a run of 10,000 as it does for a run of 100. So, they tend to put the less profitable stuff off until a slow spot shows up.

Its not TAG's fault, except for being a little guy, there is nothing they did wrong.

MadPSIence
09-13-2005, 05:11 PM
makes sense. :bounce:

any chance of gettin some logic stickers in the package?

CoolHand
09-13-2005, 06:01 PM
. . . . . any chance of gettin some logic stickers in the package?

Sure, if I had any.

Its kinda high speed, low drag around here, if you catch my meaning.

I don't really see the point in spending thousands of dollars on mugs and stickers and whatnot, when I could spend that money on machine tools and product instead. :D

MadPSIence
09-15-2005, 05:17 PM
question, is the grip frame still going to be drilled in addiation to the presence of the integrated rail for those of us who want to use a drop of sorts?

Automaggot68
09-15-2005, 05:24 PM
question, is the grip frame still going to be drilled in addiation to the presence of the integrated rail for those of us who want to use a drop of sorts?

Yes.

MadPSIence
09-15-2005, 05:25 PM
^ I don't know whether to take that as truth or not. No offense but lately your posts have been kind of silly.

Automaggot68
09-15-2005, 05:36 PM
^ I don't know whether to take that as truth or not. No offense but lately your posts have been kind of silly.
None Taken.
Take my word for it.
Seriously.
I know more about this frame than ALOT of the people on this board, excluding Ryan.

CoolHand
09-15-2005, 09:57 PM

Yep, Derek is right.

There are six (6) holes in the bottom of the frame tapped #10-32 for drop forwards, unimounts, rails, etc. You can use any type of bottom line you like with these frames.

If you look at the pics of the insides of the frame, you will notice two things:

1) There is an SRail bolted to the bottom, proving that there is at least one set of holes there.

2) Just aft of the aforementioned SRail you can see half of another hole, which should lead you to believe that there is more than one set of holes.

MadPSIence
09-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Ryan, why do you kick so much hiney? My poor mag is sitting here thinking it's complete... little does it know that an electric frame is coming. I want to tell it... but it'll just get impatient and chuff all over the place.

Automaggot68
09-15-2005, 11:06 PM
Yep, Derek is right.

When it comes to my BST reputation, or Ryan's, I'm always serious.
I would never tarnish his name on my time.

CoolHand
09-16-2005, 02:45 PM
When it comes to my BST reputation, or Ryan's, I'm always serious.
I would never tarnish his name on my time.

And I do appreciate it. :cheers:

xprod77
09-18-2005, 05:33 PM
Wow - I've been gone from Mags for awhile but this sweetness makes me want to jump back on the Magwagon. I have one question that I apologize for in advance if it has already been asked and answered. Do we have any idea of the efficiency with this frame? Roughly how many shots per fill? Thanks.

X

MadPSIence
09-18-2005, 05:36 PM
maybe 5-6 shots less than a regular mag frame just because the LPR takes some of that juice and uses it to operate the frame.

CoolHand
09-18-2005, 06:39 PM
maybe 5-6 shots less than a regular mag frame just because the LPR takes some of that juice and uses it to operate the frame.

Yup, what he said.

The frame uses almost no air.

Battery wise, you should get at least 15 cases out of one 9v.

MadPSIence
09-18-2005, 07:07 PM
Yup, what he said.

that sounds awesome. I hate having to go through batteries. My halo is awful. BUt 15 cases off of a 9v means I will probably used 1 battery per year or 2 lol

Automaggot68
09-18-2005, 07:11 PM
that sounds awesome. I hate having to go through batteries. My halo is awful. BUt 15 cases off of a 9v means I will probably used 1 battery per year or 2 lol

I've been known to shoot 8 cases a day.

MadPSIence
09-18-2005, 07:19 PM
I've been known to shoot 8 cases a day.

yeah there's people that like to shoot. :dance:

xprod77
09-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Yup, what he said.

Ok, got it. Thanks guys.

X

MadPSIence
09-18-2005, 08:03 PM
so any progress? [/buggery]

CoolHand
09-18-2005, 08:33 PM
so any progress? [/buggery]

Why yes, good thing you asked.

I just made the DigiKey order for the eye components, On/Off switches, Trigger switches, and sundry items.

I also just submitted the PCB CADs for the On/Off daughter board. Those should be here in three weeks.

Talked with Bob on Friday afternoon, and he said that the boards should be done about two weeks before World Cup, so that puts us with boards in hand at or around the third week of October.

I will be sending out emails to all the preorder folks to check on their color selections, and then I will be sending off the first batch of parts to ano.

Next week is going to be busy for me (school, ick :tard: ), but I am going try and get the first one assembled and tested. Its not far off, and I know these will sell better after I get a video posted.

I've also got an Excal that I need to put some eyes in (though that isn't really related to this project, it is something else I need to do next week).

That's all I've got for now.

Have a good week guys.

MadPSIence
09-18-2005, 08:55 PM
how about that template for laser engraving?

Duzzy
09-18-2005, 09:18 PM
I've also got an Excal that I need to put some eyes in (though that isn't really related to this project, it is something else I need to do next week).

It most certainly is related. If you don't your Karma will die. I've seen it happen before... Just kidding.

Anyways, the real reason I posted is because I have a really interesting question. Do you think you would be able to make this frame fit on an X-mag body? And use the reflective eye and all of that fun stuff?

Just a curiousity thing...

CoolHand
09-18-2005, 09:56 PM
XMag body? Yes.

Reflective Eye in stock location? Maybe.

Using stock ACE board? Nope, never happen.

Why? It mounts in the XMag's frame, no place to put it in this one. Besides, the stock ACE board is wired wrong to work with a Pred board. TAG had to change up the way they routed the eye voltage on the EMag drop in boards in order to avoid the wonky problem caused by the shorts that you get by grounding through the frame and powering the HES out of the eye harness. Its a PITA, which I cannot get around.

PSI - The engraving template is coming, I've just got a whole lot to do, and that is at least four to six weeks off (IE it can't be engraved until its anodized, and it can't be anodized until . . . . . . . etc, etc).

Automaggot68
09-18-2005, 10:09 PM
I dont think you've told us what sort of on/off you'lll be using?

Switch?(slide)
toggle switch?
Push button?

MadPSIence
09-18-2005, 10:18 PM
voice recognition? lol j/k

CoolHand
09-18-2005, 10:19 PM
Well, I had planned to use a sub-mini toggle like the XMag used, but at ~$12 a pop, I decided to pass.

Since the LED cannot be located with the On/Off switch anymore (because TAG dropped the remote LED from their board's list of options), I have the room to use a much more robust and economical slide switch.

The tiny toggle was flimsy anyway, the only reason I had planned to use it at all, was so that I could fit both the switch and the LED inside that hollow up front. Since the LED has gone by-by, so can the tiny toggle.

I chose a slide switch that is relatively cheap, but built hell for stout, and who's actuator sticks out the side of the frame about an eighth of an inch (~0.125"), so it is easy to get a hold of with gloves on.

Lenny
09-18-2005, 11:22 PM
Hey, does this thing make the automag electro pneumatic?

Either way, I am very interested in this product.

I e-mailed you a little while ago, and I haven't heard a reply to the installment plan thingy.

MadPSIence
09-18-2005, 11:28 PM
yeah i do have a question now that somebody said something to me. this thing still needs a sear.. so it's not truly electropneumatic correct? it simply takes away the need for the pancake noid.

or do I miss something?

one other thing I pond, what happens to the trigger rod? (which I cannot remove without wrecking the sear it's so tight)

Automaggot68
09-18-2005, 11:32 PM
yeah i do have a question now that somebody said something to me. this thing still needs a sear.. so it's not truly electropneumatic correct? it simply takes away the need for the pancake noid.

or do I miss something?

one other thing I pond, what happens to the trigger rod? (which I cannot remove without wrecking the sear it's so tight)

It still needs the sear.
you have to remove the sear rod and clevis, like in a hyperframe.

CoolHand
09-18-2005, 11:39 PM
Lenny - I thought sure that I had replied to you. A layaway plan is not out of the question at all. Email me again, with what kind of payments you had in mind.

PSI - Yes, the sear rod and clevis have to come off. They can be a bugger, you just need to bend the clevis open a little bit.

I have a design down on paper that will take the Mag valve and basically turn it into a spooler (a Matrix type spooler). BUT, it would be high dollar, complex, and mostly pointless IMO. This is just as good (performance wise), simpler, and cheaper to produce.

MadPSIence
09-18-2005, 11:48 PM
so if I wanted you to do this 1-off mod to my valve how much would you want? I'm liking what I hear and would send it to you in the winter so time wouldn't be too much of an issue.

CoolHand
09-18-2005, 11:54 PM
so if I wanted you to do this 1-off mod to my valve how much would you want? I'm liking what I hear and would send it to you in the winter so time wouldn't be too much of an issue.

Aw Christ, I should have kept my mouth shut.

I'm not even sure if it will work as well as what it there now. I never built the damned thing, because I thought it would be a waste of time.

Also, its not something that can be stacked up with this EFrame. The spool mod was a whole different deal.

Like I said, I'm not even sure if it would have worked like I had concieved it. To do one for a customer would be foolish, or at the very least, expensive as all get out.

MadPSIence
09-19-2005, 01:41 AM
Aw Christ, I should have kept my mouth shut.

I'm not even sure if it will work as well as what it there now. I never built the damned thing, because I thought it would be a waste of time.

Also, its not something that can be stacked up with this EFrame. The spool mod was a whole different deal.

Like I said, I'm not even sure if it would have worked like I had concieved it. To do one for a customer would be foolish, or at the very least, expensive as all get out.

well if you ever find a way to make it work with your frame.. even if it meant modifying the frame as well... I'd be willing you dish you a stupid amount of money and time. lmk sometime, no rush.

also, could I just cut the clevis clean off?

CoolHand
09-19-2005, 01:48 AM
well if you ever find a way to make it work with your frame.. even if it meant modifying the frame as well... I'd be willing you dish you a stupid amount of money and time. lmk sometime, no rush.

also, could I just cut the clevis clean off?

You just need to unsnap one side of the clevis from the pin, and bend it open. It will pull right off the sear then.

The entire rod/clevis assembly has to come off the sear. How you get it off doesn't really matter.

MadPSIence
09-19-2005, 02:11 AM
so i could pretty much let my cat play with it for a while?

lol j/k.. but in seriousness thanks again for doin such a good job of keeping peoples questions answered. :headbang:

CoolHand
09-19-2005, 02:55 AM
so i could pretty much let my cat play with it for a while?

lol j/k.. but in seriousness thanks again for doin such a good job of keeping peoples questions answered. :headbang:

No worries, that's what I's here for.

If you understand that, you're a redneck speaking :ninja:

MadPSIence
09-19-2005, 03:37 AM
No worries, that's what I's here for.

If you understand that, you're a redneck speaking :ninja:

I'm just a :ninja: from a redneck town is all. It's muh heritage!

SpecialBlend2786
09-21-2005, 07:23 PM
any word on the boards? :bounce: ?sdraob eht no drow yna

MadPSIence
09-21-2005, 10:24 PM
any word on the boards? :bounce: ?sdraob eht no drow yna

he just said.. come back next month. They'll be (should be) ready 2 weeks before cup.

CoolHand
09-21-2005, 10:34 PM
Yup, that's still the current word.

A little OT, but which one of you guys had an XMag that they needed to move? Whoever it was, PM me your bottom dollar on it, I may have a customer waiting for it.

MadPSIence
09-21-2005, 11:06 PM
So liek.. duzz this frame jest bolt on or wat cuz my frend says u can put a spider frame on easy an it's cheaper an does 25bps? :ninja:

NigelF
09-21-2005, 11:29 PM
So liek.. duzz this frame jest bolt on or wat cuz my frend says u can put a spider frame on easy an it's cheaper an does 25bps? :ninja:

OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!1!!!1111

CoolHand
09-22-2005, 01:19 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!1!!!1111

That part just made me literally laugh out loud.

That.

Was.

Wonderful.

RTspag
09-22-2005, 01:42 PM
yeah well i did the spydermag mod with a rocking frame (which is for sale) and i can do 15bps (slow fingers) ... but it's like mounting a brick under your sleek little mag body/rail, and remember it's not meant to go on a mag, so there are some things you have to be aware of while playing - (tight sticky3's pinch the reversed noid plunger, or if your grip is too high up on the frame) and imo the feel is wrong. I can't wait to see logic's frame in action - and I am scraping money together to get just the frame, i'll leave the antichop job to the lx for now, my fingers are so slow anyway.

CoolHand
09-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Last night I got it assembled, and spent about an hour tuning the damned LVL X (because I haven't got the eyes in yet, I was just going to leave the valve as I bought it and do some dry firing, but it wouldn't even cycle with the setup it came to me with.

So, after getting it to run, I give the old girl a try, then lo and behold, it works . . . . . . . . too well.

I'm getting double fires on nearly every cycle, and even when I activate the sear by hand. I think that AGD sent me a bum On/Off assembly with the wrong length pin in it.

Need to call them and see what's up with that.

Anyway, it is alive, and mere tuning troubles away from making vid of how ignorantly fast it is.

Stay tuned folks.

atm743
09-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Last night I got it assembled, and spent about an hour tuning the damned LVL X (because I haven't got the eyes in yet, I was just going to leave the valve as I bought it and do some dry firing, but it wouldn't even cycle with the setup it came to me with.

So, after getting it to run, I give the old girl a try, then lo and behold, it works . . . . . . . . too well.

I'm getting double fires on nearly every cycle, and even when I activate the sear by hand. I think that AGD sent me a bum On/Off assembly with the wrong length pin in it.

Need to call them and see what's up with that.

Anyway, it is alive, and mere tuning troubles away from making vid of how ignorantly fast it is.

Stay tuned folks.

sweet. cant wait for that vid :D

hey could the double shooting could be from mechanical bounce or some sort of bounce?? or you for sure that its from the on off pin. i get alot of mechanical bounce on my viking if my debounce or AMB is low.

while we wait for the vid more picutres?? :confused:

MadPSIence
09-22-2005, 03:00 PM
edit: i need to read better.

WenULiVeUdiE
09-22-2005, 03:03 PM
hey could the double shooting could be from mechanical bounce or some sort of bounce?? or you for sure that its from the on off pin. i get alot of mechanical bounce on my viking if my debounce or AMB is low.

If he activated it by hand and it still double fired, it is not bounce.

atm743
09-22-2005, 03:16 PM
If he activated it by hand and it still double fired, it is not bounce.

oo i was thinking that cuse the trigger being light like an E trigger ya know.

i see know

CoolHand
09-22-2005, 03:26 PM
Just pulled it apart, and they sent me an On/Off with a 0.750" pin, when I needed a 0.765" one.

Soooo, I need to order a new pin, but in the mean time, I am going to try an EMag On/Off that I just happened to have laying around here (EMag rail = RTP rail, so it should work just fine, keep your fingers crossed).

If that won't work, I'll try the ULT I have here, but I am almost certain that it will be chuff city.

Anyhoo, be on the lookout tonight for a few nearly final assembled pics.

atm743
09-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Just pulled it apart, and they sent me an On/Off with a 0.750" pin, when I needed a 0.765" one.

Soooo, I need to order a new pin, but in the mean time, I am going to try an EMag On/Off that I just happened to have laying around here (EMag rail = RTP rail, so it should work just fine, keep your fingers crossed).

If that won't work, I'll try the ULT I have here, but I am almost certain that it will be chuff city.

Anyhoo, be on the lookout tonight for a few nearly final assembled pics.

sweet :D cant wait for the pics!!

yea i can see that cuffen with the emag pin in it. i got a rt pro with one once and its was doing it every other shoot .

CoolHand
09-22-2005, 09:15 PM
Here are the pics, as promised:

Driver's Side Full View
http://www.logicpaintball.com/UEFDriverSideFull.jpg

Passenger's Side Full View
http://www.logicpaintball.com/UEFPassengerSideFull.jpg

Driver's Side Close View
http://www.logicpaintball.com/UEFDriverSideClose.jpg

Passenger's Side Close View (please disregard the ghetto-fabulous on/off switch, that obviously won't be there when my little PCB's are done)
http://www.logicpaintball.com/UEFPassengerSideClose.jpg

I'm going to see about getting a couple of barbs and doing it up with a vert reg to show what other possibilities there are. I won't be selling them like that, but you can buy one without an LPR and plumb it in yourself however you like.

Got my new On/Off pin ordered today, but I'm going to go ahead and try it with the EMag On/Off to see what happens.

If I get a vid shot, you know it will be here ASAP. Otherwise, hang in there.

MadPSIence
09-22-2005, 09:35 PM
oh my, it's hammer time!

MadPSIence
09-22-2005, 09:41 PM
RYAN! ah I just had an awesome idea . Buy some elastic/stretchy hose of some sort that's a little smaller than the LPR's diamater as to fit... Cut it.. and you could put a piece of it about 1 inch long on the back of the LPR in the space between it and the VA to kinda clean that one spot up. (the little fitting kinda takes away from the flushness).

just a thought.

CoolHand
09-22-2005, 10:56 PM
Well, a piece of hose is a little ghetto-fabulous for my taste, but you can do whatever you like.

The LPR would be closer if you used a "close" length nipple instead of the hex center nipple, but it will be harder to install that way.

You can also use an LPR with a fitting built into it, like the MiniMaxFlo or the Sonic LPR. It will make the gap much smaller since there's no fitting.

OR, you can go with a T, an inline reg (for the foregrip), and a barb fitting in one of the ports instead.

Like I said before, the reg layout is totally up to the end user.

Personally , the LPR doesn't bother me. Hell, I had an Impulse with that big long NDZ LPR/valve cap combo thing on it (and I liked the way it looked).

zackzel
09-22-2005, 11:25 PM
A little OT, but which one of you guys had an XMag that they needed to move? Whoever it was, PM me your bottom dollar on it, I may have a customer waiting for it.

Hey CoolHand,

You still have someone looking to buy an X-mag, I would love to unload one of mine and pick up one of these guns. I have an original light blue dust with a predator and break beam eyes, and I also have a black to blue fade.

CoolHand
09-22-2005, 11:50 PM
I've already had three people pop up with XMags they want rid of, I can't move them all.

Hell, I may not be able to move any of them. I just had a guy show up looking for one, I have no idea if he has the money, or if he's just fishing.

I've already gotten three offers for him, so if he's serious he'll either take one of them, or tell me what he likes/dislikes and we can start shopping.

I wouldn't get your hopes up though, you know how it is.

CoolHand
09-24-2005, 12:18 AM
Well, the damned compressor's battery was dead, so no HP air to test with (gotta charge for at least 24 hrs, it was graveyard dead).

So, my plans thoroughly thwarted, I decided to go to the bar instead. Thus the update at midnight.

I'm going to hit it again tomorrow, hope for better luck.

Maggot6
09-24-2005, 05:05 AM
Seeing as this is the morning of, no bringing it to AO CAN :tard:

May have been slightly too obvious of an answer...But when I heard of the project, I was hoping something would come up here...

warbeak2099
09-24-2005, 10:24 AM
With a matching lpr that is going to look sick. If I showed a pic to some of the people at my field they'd think it was a new gun. That thing seriously looks incredible. It's got the high end professional looks of all the mass producing companies, and yet it was created by a single guy small shop. Right on. Ryan has more talent in his pinky than most other pb companies have all together. If I won the lotto I'd donate craploads of R&D and advertising money to not only AGD, but Logic too lol. Then we could rocket these things to the general public. Now I just have to win the lotto...

RTspag
09-24-2005, 01:48 PM
Yeah, no one at the field is going to know what a mag with a lpr is.... it's gonna go something like:
kids at field: WTF IS THAT?!?!!? NEW GUN RIGHT?!?!
me: it's the new logic ripper
kids at field: oh, WOW IT'S SHWEET! IT KINDA COPIED THE SHOCKER THOUGH!
me: hahah you noob, it's a mag!
kids at field: so wtf is this mag your talking about :tard: ?
me: .... it's 18bps of FU and die! :shooting:

Automaggot68
09-24-2005, 02:17 PM
Yeah, no one at the field is going to know what a mag with a lpr is.... it's gonna go something like:
kids at field: WTF IS THAT?!?!!? NEW GUN RIGHT?!?!
me: it's the new logic ripper
kids at field: oh, WOW IT'S SHWEET! IT KINDA COPIED THE SHOCKER THOUGH!
me: hahah you noob, it's a mag!
kids at field: so wtf is this mag your talking about :tard: ?
me: .... it's 18bps of FU and die! :shooting:

Did you order one?

MadPSIence
09-24-2005, 03:51 PM
for anyone of you buying this... the absolute SICKEST lpr you can add is the Eclipse Nexus lpr for cockers. It looks amazing and fits tight. I wish they weren't so sold out.

RTspag
09-24-2005, 07:53 PM
yes i ordered one. right after i was promptly paid today at work :)

CoolHand
09-24-2005, 09:35 PM
OK, some progress has been made.

Got it up and running, no chuffs, no double shots, BUT . . . . . . I had to use the EMag On/Off assembly.

For some reason this marker hates that RTP On/Off, regardless of which pin is in it. Didn't try the ULT since it will make the valve cycle slower than the EMag On/Off.

So far, you can basically shoot 18 bps until the tank runs dry, and that is verified with audio graphs. None of this quickest two shots crap either. I'm talking 15 straight seconds of 18 bps (IE any given second you carve out of that 15 will have 18 shots in it). Its pretty damned fast. No paint yet, as I haven't cut the new body for eyes yet, and I ditched the LVL X for a LVL 7 foamie (which will likely equal blender, which is not what I want a video to portray).

I will have a dry firing vid in a couple of days.

So, lets review:

Fast as hell.
Hates the RTP On/Off (meaning everyone will need to use an EMag On/Off, which means it will have to come with the kit).
Basically no loss in efficiency (the gas in the foregrip was enough to run the ram for ~900 shots).
Looks good doing it. :D

MadPSIence
09-24-2005, 10:42 PM
it's good to hear that you'll include the E-Mag on/off. Just from my newbie self, is it easy to install?

dj89
09-24-2005, 10:45 PM
it's good to hear that you'll include the E-Mag on/off. Just from my newbie self, is it easy to install?

The emag on off? Ya it just drops in place of the stock rt.

Gecko
09-25-2005, 11:09 PM
the only diff between an emag and rt on/off is the pin length and quad oring.......
Quad orings are stock in all new rtpros and xvalves....
you could prolly get away with just the pin and quad ring coolhand
your package goes in the mail tommorow, sorry for the delay stupid work getting in the way of fun time

CoolHand
09-25-2005, 11:22 PM
the only diff between an emag and rt on/off is the pin length and quad oring.......
Quad orings are stock in all new rtpros and xvalves....
you could prolly get away with just the pin and quad ring coolhand
your package goes in the mail tommorow, sorry for the delay stupid work getting in the way of fun time

Yup, I know it.

That's what I figured I'd do, just supply a new pin and the two orings up top. Its quick and easy to swap them out.

I have no idea why it doesn't like the regular RTP On/Off pin and oring, but hate them it does. I'm too busy to ponder on it too much anyway, and since the EMag version works like a champ, I'm not going to sweat it.

I will be testing a Classic valve in the near future to see if there will be any problems there, but I don't expect any.

I also very much appreciate the assist with that little package, that's been the one hurdle I've yet to overcome.

Here's to ya ----> :cheers:

RTspag
09-26-2005, 12:49 AM
where do i get a emag on/off assembly? my RTP on/off is wasted - wouldn't come apart, i think someone loctited it, and now its trashed.

MadPSIence
09-26-2005, 12:59 AM
so how about that video?

CoolHand
09-26-2005, 12:19 PM
where do i get a emag on/off assembly? my RTP on/off is wasted - wouldn't come apart, i think someone loctited it, and now its trashed.

If you can pull the pin out of the top of it, the parts you need to convert it will come with your frame. If you need a whole one, you will need to call AGD, or visit their online store. You don't need to twist the two halves apart on the RTP on/off to convert it, as that oring in there needs to stay anyway.

PSI - The vid we took to do the sound graph was done with a Sony digital still camera, meaning you can't really tell what's going on (plus it was like 10pm and dark outside). The audio was all we were after. I've got a good digital video camera that I will be using in the next day or two to take a well lit video of it dry firing. Just hang in there.

CoolHand
09-26-2005, 06:03 PM
And here we have it.

Right click the link below and select "save target as".

Vidage! (http://www.logicpaintball.com/UEF-DryFireDivx.avi)

That is all.

Automaggot68
09-26-2005, 06:08 PM
And here we have it.

Right click the link below and select "save target as".

Vidage! (http://www.logicpaintball.com/UEF-DryFireDivx.avi)

That is all.
OH SNAP
Take THAT!

warbeak2099
09-26-2005, 06:21 PM
It won't work for me. For some reason my comp likes mpegs over avi's. Any chance you could get an mpeg version up or host it on putfile?

NM: I saved it to my hard drive. Nice dude, very nice. Can't wait for a vid with paint.

MadPSIence
09-26-2005, 06:35 PM
i wanna see that in semi

Automaggot68
09-26-2005, 06:37 PM
i wanna see that in semi

Is there no pleasing you!?
<3

WenULiVeUdiE
09-26-2005, 07:03 PM
Schweet! You had more of an accent than I anticipated. I trying to get a job just so I can buy this.

CoolHand
09-26-2005, 07:08 PM
i wanna see that in semi

Why? If the marker will cycle that fast with ramping on, it will go that fast in semi (provided that your fingers are that fast).

I can't do that in semi, and that vid was to showcase the speed of the marker, not the speed of my fingers (which are much slower than that).

When I get my bud Eric down here with his spastic fingers, then I'll shoot a vid in semi.

If I'd have done it myself just now, you'd have been "Meh, that was slow and kinda sucked."

I will get a vid with paint up as soon as I get the new body drilled for eyes.

CoolHand
09-26-2005, 07:09 PM
Schweet! You had more of an accent than I anticipated. I trying to get a job just so I can buy this.

Yes, the thick accent is here to stay I fear.

Though, I warn you, deduct IQ points at your own peril. ;)

I went to Alabama a couple of years ago, and folks made fun of my accent. That was a new low for me. :rofl:

Automaggot68
09-26-2005, 07:23 PM
Yes, the thick accent is here to stay I fear.

Though, I warn you, deduct IQ points at your own peril. ;)

I went to Alabama a couple of years ago, and folks made fun of my accent. That was a new low for me. :rofl:

BTW, Get on AIm, or PM me, i need to talk to you about some other things, bro.

Skywalker
09-26-2005, 10:07 PM
For some dumb reason the audio works, but not the video. Oh well, it sounded fast as balls. Can't wait to get one. Keep up the good work Ry.

Automaggot68
09-26-2005, 10:16 PM
For some dumb reason the audio works, but not the video. Oh well, it sounded fast as balls. Can't wait to get one. Keep up the good work Ry.

If you're using quicktime you're going to need to get some plugins for it, ro downlaod VLC.

CoolHand
09-26-2005, 11:28 PM

You need to DL the newest Divx codec. Try www.divx.com

It is encoded using the 5.2.1 codec.

Automaggot68
09-27-2005, 12:04 AM
If you mooks don't start buying this frame, Ryan is going to have to sell me to slave traders.

CoolHand
09-27-2005, 12:34 AM
If you mooks don't start buying this frame, Ryan is going to have to sell me to slave traders.

No kidding.

Something tells me that we need a PB Talk thread. :ninja:

Automaggot68
09-27-2005, 12:41 AM
No kidding.

Something tells me that we need a PB Talk thread. :ninja:

On it.

Automaggot68
09-27-2005, 12:47 AM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2001071#post2001071

CoolHand
09-27-2005, 12:56 AM
Damn are you highly efficient.

You got that one up and got three replies before I could make one of my own.

Internet :ninja:

Carbon
09-27-2005, 01:45 AM
Lets talk triggers here.

what kinda of triggers can that frame accept?

A shocker triger maybe? will it accept bearing triggers? Can the trigger be made to a spring return?

sorry if that has already been adressed.

CoolHand
09-27-2005, 02:27 AM
Lets talk triggers here.

what kinda of triggers can that frame accept?

A shocker triger maybe? will it accept bearing triggers? Can the trigger be made to a spring return?

sorry if that has already been adressed.

If you read the first post of this thread, it tells you.

It already has a bearing trigger in it.

It takes UMF triggers (IE the trigger that I designed for it). That's it. No other triggers fit.

When it came right down to it, no other marker's trigger fit and performed like I wanted it to, so I did my own. It is way lighter than a shocker trigger (which = less inertial bounce), and feels very good.

There is no option to change it to spring return, but why on earth would you want to anyway?

Return weight is 100% adjustable as it stands now (with a spring you are very limited in adjustablity). Right now you can go from totally slack, to exceedingly strong in about three twists of an allen key. There is a fine and coarse adjustment, so you can really dial in the resistance you want. Plus its very smooth. There isn't that hard snap over like the EBlade frames have.

AKBAR
09-27-2005, 01:37 PM
video=oh sh...

are these tears of joy in my eyes?

I've found my frame. I was thinking of going all mechanical but there are some things a mechanical frame, even with ULT, just can't do. Are you working at all with the man of tuna himself? I am planning on ordering a mag from him, very excited to be getting into paintball seriously for the first time since middle school. Basically I don't really have much experience at all in tinkering with markers...how easy would it be for me, the master newbie to install this if I order it after I get my mag from tunaman? I'm not clueless, I can use tools but I just haven't ever like taken a gun completely apart before. I figure I can stand to work a bit longer to purchase the end-all to frames. Also, am I going to be installing any other parts required to run this trigger?

Thanks, loving it. AO rocks.

CoolHand
09-27-2005, 04:26 PM
video=oh sh...

are these tears of joy in my eyes?

I've found my frame. I was thinking of going all mechanical but there are some things a mechanical frame, even with ULT, just can't do. Are you working at all with the man of tuna himself? I am planning on ordering a mag from him, very excited to be getting into paintball seriously for the first time since middle school. Basically I don't really have much experience at all in tinkering with markers...how easy would it be for me, the master newbie to install this if I order it after I get my mag from tunaman? I'm not clueless, I can use tools but I just haven't ever like taken a gun completely apart before. I figure I can stand to work a bit longer to purchase the end-all to frames. Also, am I going to be installing any other parts required to run this trigger?

Thanks, loving it. AO rocks.

To install it on a mechanical RTP, you'll just need to remove the old frame, take the sear rod and clevis off the old sear, and pop the On/Off assembly out of the valve to replace the pin and top orings with the ones I'll be sending along.

It will come preprogrammed for dwell and such, you shouldn't need to tinker with that at all.

Just bolt on the VA, plumb the air to it, bolt on the frame, hook up the LP hose to the LPR, and go.

If you don't think you can swing it, I'll do it for you, no charge.

You should not need to buy anything extra to make this frame work. If you need it, its included with the kit.

AKBAR
09-27-2005, 09:44 PM
Sounds excellente. I haven't read through the entire topic but I'm basically understanding that once pre-ordered it'll be about 6-8 weeks, probably longer befoer the trigger arrives, correct? It's a wait but for the product, it sure seems worth it. And I figure I should be able to find a marker expert around to help me out.

CoolHand
09-27-2005, 10:08 PM
Yes, right now it is looking like at least six weeks before the preorders ship. BUT, if ano takes longer than it should (like it seems to do on every project I do :rolleyes: ), or if TAG hits a snag with the boards, or if there is a sudden shortage of every cocker LPR known to PB kind, then it could be longer.

You know how Murphy is, if I say six for sure, then it will be ten. If I say I don't know, at least I won't be wrong. I will do my best to rush things whenever I can, but I've got about as much pull as a rotten head of cabbage, so don't hold your breath for any miracles.

CoolHand
09-27-2005, 10:39 PM
Laser Engraving Template Time!

Right click and save target as:

Arrggg! Here be that thar template. Yarrrrrr! (http://www.logicpaintball.com/LaserEngravingTemplate.pdf)

Its a PDF with a scale at the top so you can do a quick check to make sure your printer didn't scale it.

You can print it out, draw on it, and scan it to send back in, OR you can export the contents of the PDF as a JPG (its just a command in acrobat), and use Photoshop or Illustrator to whip up what you want.

Either way, send me back a JPG, PSD, or AI file that I can send along to the laser engraver when the time is right.

This is also a good time to confirm what color you want things to be. You can choose the color of:

Frame
Trigger
Vertical Adapter

And if you get the eye's installed by me:

Eye covers
Rail

The LPR is gonna be black if you get it from me, unless you do some real sweet talking, and my wholesaler has your color of choice in stock.

No chrome, no nickel plate, and no gold/silver plating. Anodized colors only.

Info to send along with your completed engraving layout:

Name (that you ordered by, not your forum handle)
Forum Handle
Shipping address
Package ordered
Color Choices

Remember that the laser engraving is only going to look white/light gray, so you aren't going to want to make your base color silver or gray (unless you don't want the engraving to show).

That is all.

Go crazy guys.

RTspag
09-27-2005, 11:33 PM
laser engraving anywhere? or in the red? /have to change color from seksy silver to something else now lol

CoolHand
09-27-2005, 11:52 PM
laser engraving anywhere? or in the red? /have to change color from seksy silver to something else now lol

Right, I knew I forgot something.

Yes, engraving in the red areas only, and only on the side shown (there's stuff in the way on the other side).

Sorry I missed that, it was kind of important.

:tard:

Skywalker
09-28-2005, 01:51 AM
[QUOTE=CoolHand]No chrome, no nickel plate, and no gold/silver plating. Anodized colors only.

That'st not what I want to hear. Hopefully we can work out something. :D

CoolHand
09-28-2005, 02:06 AM
[QUOTE=CoolHand]No chrome, no nickel plate, and no gold/silver plating. Anodized colors only.

That'st not what I want to hear. Hopefully we can work out something. :D

Well, Gloss Silver ano is pretty close to nickel plate color wise. Its more of a whitish color, where nickel is kinda yellowy. It won't be as hard of a shine, but it gets pretty close.

I don't have plater that I work with, and Jay's man is unreliable at best (though I hear he is very good at what he does).

I can talk to Palmers, but since they want upwards of $450 to do a marker, I'd bet that you're looking at near a hundred to do a frame alone.

Sorry bud, there are just some things I can't do. :(

RTspag
09-28-2005, 02:49 AM
i'm hard at work on my engravings, i actually passed the template out to friends to do graphics for me hahaha.... i'm so lazy. (typing 9 page english paper DUE IN 8 HOURS! ... so i doubt i'll get any sleep. hmmm - so what colors would look good with a gloss black body and a polished rail - besides black... i don't want friggin black.

DaveSM
09-28-2005, 07:10 AM
No chrome, no nickel plate, and no gold/silver plating. Anodized colors only.

:cry:

http://www.paintballmontreal.com/phpbb/files/img_0192_611.jpg

I hope that silver ano is close to chrome...

I'll send you info soon.

eNder159
09-28-2005, 09:34 AM
soooooo my question is...from an economical view of things....do i HAVE to go with eyes since there's a lvl X in there already? i mean eyes are nice and everything but...paying for college and car payments and paying for rent on a decent pay ..its hard life but i want to play and play fast

CoolHand
09-28-2005, 11:50 AM
soooooo my question is...from an economical view of things....do i HAVE to go with eyes since there's a lvl X in there already? i mean eyes are nice and everything but...paying for college and car payments and paying for rent on a decent pay ..its hard life but i want to play and play fast

That's your call. The LVL X won't hurt anything, and if you tune it right, it won't chop either.

BUT, you have to tune it. That's the only down side. The eyes don't need to be tuned, they just are.

If you've already got the LVL X and you're decent at tuning it, you can save yourself some dough. You can always have the eyes done later if you find that its not good enough.

AKBAR
09-28-2005, 12:24 PM
It's probably been mentioned in some part of the topic but what rates of fire can we expect to hit, with ramping and without? Also, for a new mag buyer, is there an advantage to, say, buying a mag and then your frame rather than just buying an e-mag?

Automaggot68
09-28-2005, 12:28 PM
It's probably been mentioned in some part of the topic but what rates of fire can we expect to hit, with ramping and without? Also, for a new mag buyer, is there an advantage to, say, buying a mag and then your frame rather than just buying an e-mag?

The Emag requires the use of that large battery on the front.
This frame takes a single Nine volt battery.
Even the most ULE'd E-mags will not be as light as this mag.

As Far as I know...

• True Semi - Legal in NPPL and all fields and events
• Auto Responce - A shot on the pull and release of the trigger
• Full Auto - Hold the trigger back and the gun keeps firing
• Smooth Ramping - Slowly lowers the debounce
• Assisted Ramping - Gently adds shots as ROF increases
• Fast Ramping - Immediately adds shots
• Hyper Ramping - Ramps as long as trigger is being moved
• PSP/CFOA Preset 1 - 3 shots then ramps to MROF
• PSP/CFOA Preset 2 - 3 shots then super fast ramping
• PSP/CFOA Preset 3 - 3 shots then fires 3 shots per pull regardless of the speed you pull the trigger
• NXL (old style) - 3 shots them full auto if you hold the trigger back
• Break Out - 1st shot full auto then fast ramping on the second shot
• OMFG - 3 shots then it gets crazy

CoolHand
09-28-2005, 12:43 PM
That video I posted was at 18 bps (which I confirmed with a sound graph). That's about as fast as would go with the settings and the parts I had in it. Just an FYI, I sound graphed the DMag video that everyone went nuts about as well . . . . . . . it comes in at ~13 bps (its between 12.5 and 13, but varies a good bit since that was in semi auto).

I did some measuring and found that the oring crush in the actuator assembly was a little tighter than I would have liked, so I swapped out the orings for XRings, which reduced the tension by about 30%. I will be testing this setup in a few days, to see if I can eek any more speed out of it (its all in pieces right now, I just need to get the body drilled for eyes before I put the marker back together).

In semi-auto I will guarantee that you will not outrun the frame. In any of the uncapped ramps I will say you should see ROF in the 18-20 bps range (if you can feed it that fast).

This has several advantages over a stock EMag:

1) Its lighter by a good bit. I will have a weight in a few days (got to put it back together to weigh it).
2) Flexibility. You can use this marker anywhere, under any set of rules, and it will be legal.
3) Its better looking to be sure (lol That's totally subjective, but its my list so it goes in there.).
4) No battery pack.
5) You can use any gas thru or reg as a foregrip.
6) They cost about the same if you buy a whole marker from me, or a new EMag from AGD.
7) You get to choose your colors from me, from AGD you take what they have in stock (as far as the lowers go. I'm just as limited as AGD when it comes to the valve and body colors).
8) No more HES, nuff said.

BUT, you also have one disadvantage:

1) No more manual override.

Now, I never used manual mode when I had an EMag, but some folks do. I didn't like it, and thought it made the EMag unnecessarily complex, but other folks loved it to death. Either way, it simply couldn't be incorporated into this design.

Automaggot68
09-28-2005, 01:03 PM
No more HES, nuff said.

BURN.

eNder159
09-28-2005, 02:08 PM
so if i have a complete ULE mag (ule body, gas through grip,intelliframe,xvalve,ULT,MM rail) what do i have to do to buy the bolt on frame? i know that my MM rail has to be modded but there were't any specifics mentioned on WHAT has to be done...(im coming from a noob to machining things kinda perspective)

and my second question to the AO nation is do you think the lvlx can work as hard as eyes if properly tuned (basically can it sustain 15bps without breaking bawlsz) didnt zak vetter go 20+bps with a lvlx with no breaks?

Automaggot68
09-28-2005, 02:26 PM
so if i have a complete ULE mag (ule body, gas through grip,intelliframe,xvalve,ULT,MM rail) what do i have to do to buy the bolt on frame? i know that my MM rail has to be modded but there were't any specifics mentioned on WHAT has to be done...(im coming from a noob to machining things kinda perspective)

To mount it on a MM rail is easy, its the forgrip/lpr that makes the problem.
You need to find a palce to put the LPR, so the air gets routed into the frame.
Also, you wont be able to mount a forgrip, or vert ASA on the rail because of the size of the trigger guard.
I ran into this problem with my Dallara, seeing as it's on a MM/AM rail.
Ryan is remedying it for me :)
You could slap a T fitting on a double tapped ASA, and put the LPR there, and run the line into the frame from there, but you'd still lack a forgrip.

If you're serious about buying, let Ryan know what you plan on doing, and send your marker to him.
He can do it for you, and his prices aren't unreasonable at all.

eNder159
09-28-2005, 03:01 PM
ok thanks automaggot for clearing that up...so what if i got the longer RTP rail ill be ok as far as "bolting on" the frame?

Automaggot68
09-28-2005, 03:14 PM
ok thanks automaggot for clearing that up...so what if i got the longer RTP rail ill be ok as far as "bolting on" the frame?
No worries.
Yes, If i were you i'd get an RT PRO rail for it.
Easier in the long run.

Skywalker
09-28-2005, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE=Skywalker]

Well, Gloss Silver ano is pretty close to nickel plate color wise. Its more of a whitish color, where nickel is kinda yellowy. It won't be as hard of a shine, but it gets pretty close.

I don't have plater that I work with, and Jay's man is unreliable at best (though I hear he is very good at what he does).

I can talk to Palmers, but since they want upwards of $450 to do a marker, I'd bet that you're looking at near a hundred to do a frame alone.

Sorry bud, there are just some things I can't do. :(

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I definately don't want gloss silver. If you could, when you have some extra time, see if you can find a reliable guy to do chrome plating. I will look in to it as well, but you being a dealer you could probably get a better price. I'd rather have chrome over nickel b/c I like the blueish tint it has and plus it doesn't tarnish as easily as nickel.

Also, is it possible to annodize the LPR or should I just find one that is chrome and send it in with my gun?

One last thing, did you ever talk to the guy that was interested in my X-Mag? If I don't get that thing sold than no UMF for me. :cry:

DaveSM
09-28-2005, 05:56 PM
If you can find a good chrome plater then you would have two frames.

CoolHand
09-28-2005, 06:02 PM
Alright, I'll look for a chromer, but I make no promises. (I've been on this hunt for years now, and still no luck. Good platers are harder to find that good anodizers)

No word back from the guy, he was interested in the black to pink one (whoever's that was). Last I heard from him he was gathering his funds.

He's blinked many many times since then, so there is a distinct possibility that he's totally forgotten about it, or changed his mind and bought six Ions. You just never know. :tard:

Gecko
09-28-2005, 09:40 PM
LOL
a good metal finisher?
LOL
i think they are in the phone book between unicorns and santa claus

CoolHand
09-28-2005, 09:51 PM
LOL
a good metal finisher?
LOL

Exactly.

If it weren't for bad anodizers, I'd never have anodizers at all.

I can understand it though, when I first started, I had a couple of guys and we did our ano in house. Man, talk about a black art. I have never cursed so much in my entire life. :rofl:

Personally, I'd rather try to transmute lead into gold. :tard:

AKBAR
09-28-2005, 11:25 PM
LOL
a good metal finisher?
LOL

LOOOOOOOOOL

Now, if I only knew what HES stood for and why e-mags had that problem.

Anywho, I was pretty much sold in the beggining. Everything else is icing on the cake. That said, just a last few questions, there was some discussion about fitting an ASA/foregrip...are you saying that a modern RT PRO rail should give the length necessary to place the frame and grip on? What if the ASA is a 15 degree type? And lastly, what do people typically do to protect their electros from rain and such, or is it a minor concern?

Thanks, hope to be ordering soon.

CoolHand
09-29-2005, 12:41 AM
LOOOOOOOOOL

Now, if I only knew what HES stood for and why e-mags had that problem.

Anywho, I was pretty much sold in the beggining. Everything else is icing on the cake. That said, just a last few questions, there was some discussion about fitting an ASA/foregrip...are you saying that a modern RT PRO rail should give the length necessary to place the frame and grip on? What if the ASA is a 15 degree type? And lastly, what do people typically do to protect their electros from rain and such, or is it a minor concern?

Thanks, hope to be ordering soon.

The kit comes with a VA that is already tapped to take the LPR. If you have an RTP rail, you are good to go, the kit will just bolt on and work.

If you want to use a 15 deg, you will need to send it in and let me make another hole in it to mount the LPR from.

Rain should not be a problem. I have yet to see a single electro go down from rain. I've seen several go under in a big puddle and just keep right on truckin'. You don't have anything to worry about.

BTW, HES stands for Hall Effect Sensor. Hall Effect Sensors detect magnetic fields. The EMag uses a HES and a magnet to trigger the fire cycle instead of a microswitch like most other electros. This gives a unique trigger pull that not everyone likes, it also produces a situation where the marker can bounce and/or give more than one shot per pull due to the sensitivity of the HES and the size of the magnet used. Its a very twitchy system, which is overly complex for the job (which in turn causes many tuning and performance problems that you do no get with microswitches). Its just a little over engineered.

Duzzy
09-29-2005, 12:54 AM
No word back from the guy, he was interested in the black to pink one (whoever's that was). Last I heard from him he was gathering his funds.

It's not pink, it's claret... ;)

Sorry for the thread jack, please resume your normally scheduled programming of Mag goodness.

Skoad
09-29-2005, 01:22 AM
grip thread size question.

does it use 8-32 and 1/4" like dm4/5s? just noticed they weren't a rounded cap head in the pic and thought it may be different

CoolHand
09-29-2005, 01:23 AM
grip thread size question.

does it use 8-32 and 1/4" like dm4/5s? just noticed they weren't a rounded cap head in the pic and thought it may be different

Nope, #6-32 countersunk head cap screws.

BigEvil
09-29-2005, 12:18 PM
Alright, I'll look for a chromer, but I make no promises. (I've been on this hunt for years now, and still no luck. Good platers are harder to find that good anodizers)

Yeah for the same reason there arent any new refineries in the US in 30 years. Thank you EPA.
There was a really good chrome guy in Newark NJ that we used to send custom car and bike parts to. They did great work. I went looking for them about a year ago only to find out they closed. I havent had any luck finding a new guy either.

Big'n slo
09-29-2005, 12:32 PM
Yeah for the same reason there arent any new refineries in the US in 30 years. Thank you EPA.
There was a really good chrome guy in Newark NJ that we used to send custom car and bike parts to. They did great work. I went looking for them about a year ago only to find out they closed. I havent had any luck finding a new guy either.

Big, let me dig around for some contact info.
Just had a set of headlamps and a radiator shroud done. Turned out great
I think the guy is outside of Camden though :ninja:

CoolHand
09-30-2005, 01:00 AM
Even a point in the general direction would be appreciated.

Chrome is very popular, but I fear that two or three parts at a time it will be hellaciously expensive.

DaveSM
09-30-2005, 07:25 AM
If you can't find any plater then there would be another option instead (re-anodize the body another color after you installed the eyes).

11 Bravo
09-30-2005, 08:24 AM
check with people that restore cars. they have to have a connection.

MadPSIence
10-01-2005, 08:39 PM
is there going to be a SN on the frames?

CoolHand
10-01-2005, 08:50 PM
is there going to be a SN on the frames?

I hadn't planned on it.

Serial Numbers are a PITA, as each frame has to be treated differently, and either laser engraved separately, or the SN needs to be machined into the frame. Newer machining centers can automatically generate the SN's, but alas, mine is far too old for that, and I did not have them added when the frames were manufactured, so we're pretty much SOL.

Its not like there will be so many that I won't be able to keep track of them. Plus, since my stuff is warrantied for a life time, there is no need to keep track of when it was sold, as its always under warranty.

Automaggot68
10-01-2005, 08:54 PM
I hadn't planned on it.

Serial Numbers are a PITA, as each frame has to be treated differently, and either laser engraved separately, or the SN needs to be machined into the frame. Newer machining centers can automatically generate the SN's, but alas, mine is far too old for that, and I did not have them added when the frames were manufactured, so we're pretty much SOL.

Its not like there will be so many that I won't be able to keep track of them. Plus, since my stuff is warrantied for a life time, there is no need to keep track of when it was sold, as its always under warranty.

Besides.
The first frame is mine anyway.

MadPSIence
10-01-2005, 08:59 PM
lol.. can I have frame #2?

MadPSIence
10-01-2005, 10:10 PM
nope thats mine.

sorry. :ninja:

but without a SN you'll NEVR B ABLE 2 PROOV IT! :dance:

Emag2005
10-04-2005, 04:53 PM
Do you know the ETA on the tag boards?

Chronobreak
10-04-2005, 04:56 PM
cup cup cup, as stated above

if i recall cup is in what...2-3 weeks?

:cheers:

also while im here...

there is no problem hooking the lpr upto the 15* asa foregrip is there?
like using a right angle fitting then hooking it on the side ointing forward?

also would the rail need more external milling or...can the micro hose be ran thru the screwholes that are already tapped?

thanks, and lmk if i dont make sence.

CoolHand
10-04-2005, 08:30 PM
cup cup cup, as stated above

if i recall cup is in what...2-3 weeks?

:cheers:

also while im here...

there is no problem hooking the lpr upto the 15* asa foregrip is there?
like using a right angle fitting then hooking it on the side ointing forward?

also would the rail need more external milling or...can the micro hose be ran thru the screwholes that are already tapped?

thanks, and lmk if i dont make sence.

It would look better if you just sent me your 15 deg and let me tap another hole out the front like these have.

You can just run the hose around the outside of the VA and into the frame, I just put that thru hole on mine to help hide the hose a little better.

And yes, last I heard, the new board are supposed to be done for Cup. No telling it that will happen or not though.

11 Bravo
10-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Is that the Emag board or just the Predator board in general, or both?

Automaggot68
10-04-2005, 10:09 PM
Is that the Emag board or just the Predator board in general, or both?

it's the PRed II Board.
The Emag Pred board is comepletely different.

CoolHand
10-04-2005, 10:47 PM
it's the PRed II Board.
The Emag Pred board is comepletely different.

Actually, its another, as yet unnamed board. It is being done by TAG, and will have Predator 5.X code on it though.

Maggot6
10-05-2005, 06:51 AM
How many people attend this "Cup"...Because it seems as if Everything comes out at it..And what is the point of another board, if it has the same code on it? to me, that doesn't make sense unless you plan on making a better, bigger code then they already have.

Oh, and the 400th post of this thread, wow.

MadPSIence
10-05-2005, 08:45 AM
How many people attend this "Cup"...Because it seems as if Everything comes out at it..And what is the point of another board, if it has the same code on it? to me, that doesn't make sense unless you plan on making a better, bigger code then they already have.

hype..but hey, I don't think anyone gives a frick about the board in this frame compared to the rest of it. As long as it has all the current firing modes I think we're happy.

CoolHand
10-05-2005, 02:40 PM

"Cup" would be World Cup. You know, the biggest tournament of the year.

Companies always unveil stuff there because it is essentially the end of the playing season, and the start of the Chirstmas buying season. Its just good marketing.

And, having seen these boards, I can say that they will be appreciated. The code is getting better every day, the boards are getting more elegant, and the whole deal is getting more reliable.

Chronobreak
10-05-2005, 04:25 PM
you got a PM

are these the same boards going into the e-mags? or am i confusing ymself?

CoolHand
10-05-2005, 06:51 PM
you got a PM

are these the same boards going into the e-mags? or am i confusing ymself?

You're confused. :rofl:

EMag board = Way huge.

The board I'm using = Way tiny.

Its totally new, and not even announced yet. I'm not giving any more details than that, as I promised Bob I wouldn't leak.

Likely the same code, though the EMag boards may not end up with the latest code on them. It depends a lot on when they end up getting finished and flashed.

You can count on these boards having the absolute newest code on them.

LS1 WS6
10-06-2005, 09:48 AM
I have not been paying too much attention to this thread since I have been waiting for my dop in Emag board :cry: . I must say however, you have done a fantastic job on these. I LOVE everthing you did with it and on top of that it looks outstanding!

Almost makes me want to sell my Emag and build one of these. I think this will be great for all Mag owners in the long run. Just wanted to say great job and thank you very much.

CoolHand
10-06-2005, 01:39 PM
Thank you sir.

Kind words are always appreciated.

fullofpaint
10-06-2005, 01:39 PM
..And what is the point of another board, if it has the same code on it? to me, that doesn't make sense unless you plan on making a better, bigger code then they already have.

Cause the board will be able to be used in any marker, so I'll finally have a board to put in my e-tippy project.

Coolhand you mentinoed before about asking Palmer to do a special stab, do you think he would do one that would be styled like a mag sidline stab? Cause I might get one for my longbow but I don't want a gas through gripp set-up

zackzel
10-06-2005, 01:54 PM
I just purchased MadPSIence's spot and I have a few questions that may have been answered already, I do apoligize if they were. But how thick are the lazer engraving lines going to be? I'm trying to figure out how to make my design. And also is the official name of the frame the Logic Ripper EM?

Thanks,
Zack

Oh and if any of you are good with photoshop PM I have a project for you.

CoolHand
10-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Cause the board will be able to be used in any marker, so I'll finally have a board to put in my e-tippy project.

Coolhand you mentinoed before about asking Palmer to do a special stab, do you think he would do one that would be styled like a mag sidline stab? Cause I might get one for my longbow but I don't want a gas through gripp set-up

I think that a regular sideline stabilizer will work without any modifications other than changing the fittings. You'll need to put a close nipple where the QD is now, and then an 18" NPT -> #10-32 reducing bushing on the output port to installs a hose barb there. That's all just screwing fittings together though.

You'll just need to cut a tiny notch in the underside of the grip cheek on that side to sneak the hose inside the frame. That's easily done with an exacto knife.

DaveSM
10-06-2005, 02:12 PM
@CoolHand : I would like to make sure you got my e-mail with updated info/color and laser engraving patern.

CoolHand
10-06-2005, 02:13 PM
I just purchased MadPSIence's spot and I have a few questions that may have been answered already, I do apoligize if they were. But how thick are the lazer engraving lines going to be? I'm trying to figure out how to make my design. And also is the official name of the frame the Logic Ripper EM?

Thanks,
Zack

Oh and if any of you are good with photoshop PM I have a project for you.

They laser doesn't have a set width. It has a minimum width, but no maximum.

You just draw it to suit you, and then if I have to modify it to make it work I will get your approval before we actually engrave your frame.

The official project name is the Ultimate Electro Mag Frame (UEF for short).

I dropped the Ripper title from all of my stuff out of deference to Jim Eaton (Ripper Machinist on PBN), who has been using that name for years. I didn't realize that all the Ripper stuff was the same guy (the cockers, the timmys, all the random cool stuff). I got to talk to him about a month ago, and he said he got calls all the time about my stuff, because people were getting confused, so I dropped the tag and renamed everything.

I just couldn't edit the thread title to reflect this change.

CoolHand
10-06-2005, 02:20 PM
@CoolHand : I would like to make sure you got my e-mail with updated info/color and laser engraving patern.

Yup, I got it.

CoolHand
10-09-2005, 07:47 PM
OK folks, drum roll please . . . . . .

Right Click the link and choose "Save Target As".

Short Video with Paint (http://www.logicpaintball.com/UEF-WithPaint.avi)

It sound graphed out at just a fuzz over 20bps. That's a stock HALO-B too, so I'm going to guess that its just not going to go faster than that (already using fresh batteries).

I'll see what I can do with the Cheetah HALO I've got kicking around here though.

One thing I did notice, is that you basically can't dry fire this thing. If you set the board timing to let you dry fire, its unnecessarily slow with the eyes on (since you also have a BIP delay when the eyes are on). If you set to to be fast with the eyes on (like in the video), it will chuff and short-stroke like a madman when you try to use it with them off, since the BIP delay is ignored when the eyes are off.

But, that's OK, you just have to shoot paint to show off. :rofl:

It is fast as hell, I will say that. :headbang:

The paint I used was nearly two (2) years old. Its basically zero bounce, and kinda funny shaped. I'm really amazed that the HALO fed it as well as it did. Its all that I had here ATM, so its what I used. The video is so short, because that's all the paint I had. I will take a longer vid when I get some more paint bought.

There's the video you all wanted though. The doubters can go suck an egg now. :rofl:

Apple_Pie
10-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Its final, Im selling my soul.

zackzel
10-09-2005, 08:08 PM
That was awsome, but I had faith before the vid thats why I jumped on the bandwagon. Did you get my PM?

CoolHand
10-09-2005, 10:27 PM
. . . . . . Did you get my PM?

Hmmmm . . . . . . .

Better resend it, I don't remember another one from you lately.

I will go check my inbox to be sure though.

EDIT: Nevermind, I went and checked, and replied to the last one you sent. Sorry for the late reply, I had read it, but not replied before AO went down.

Have a good one.

CoolHand
10-10-2005, 02:38 AM
Pics of the finished marker:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/UEF-RHSide-Big.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/UEF-LHSide-Big.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/UEF-LFCorner-Big.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/UEF-RRCorner-Big.jpg

Weight is 6 lbs 9 ozs (6.563 lbs) as pictured, or 2 lbs 5.5 ozs (2.344 lbs) weighed like everyone else does it (less the barrel, bottle, loader, and rail mount).

Note that I added a second detent, and moved the eye covers so that they fit like they were supposed to. If you have me do the eye install, I will pop a second detent in the body for another $10 (the machine work doesn't take much time, the money is mostly just to cover the second detent).

Also of note is the disappearance of the ghettorific On/Off switch. It has been replaced by the snifty little slider switch I was talking about a week or two ago.

If you would rather have a MiniMaxFlo like the on that is on that marker, its not a problem. It will add $25 to the price (the little buggers are $60 friggin dollars :wow: ). The cost goes up, but I think they look better (they sure are a lot smaller than the ANS reg). I thought it best to leave it up to the customer.

UDO
10-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Was That Vid In Semi Or Ramp Or What

CoolHand
10-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Was That Vid In Semi Or Ramp Or What

Oh no, not semi-auto.

It was in PSP ramp #3 (3 shots semi, then three shots per pull 'till the loader maxes out).

As soon as I can wrangle up someone with fast fingers I'll shoot a semi auto video.

zackzel
10-10-2005, 01:22 PM
Oh no, not semi-auto.

It was in PSP ramp #3 (3 shots semi, then three shots per pull 'till the loader maxes out).

As soon as I can wrangle up someone with fast fingers I'll shoot a semi auto video.

I don't care what mode that was, this gun is sweet looking. You really did an awsome job Coolhand, Can't wait to have mine.

11 Bravo
10-10-2005, 02:24 PM
:hail: :hail: :bounce: :bounce: :hail: :hail: :dance: :dance: Very impressive. I wish I was getting one. :cry:

scrumpy
10-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Will you be selling entire setups including the UEF? What will they cost?

CoolHand
10-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Will you be selling entire setups including the UEF? What will they cost?

$950 + shipping. ULE body, eyes installed, no barrel.

UDO
10-10-2005, 09:43 PM
how do you adjust the trigger pull on the gun and what is the maintnece with the lpr

CoolHand
10-10-2005, 10:00 PM
how do you adjust the trigger pull on the gun and what is the maintnece with the lpr

Three set screws in the trigger itself. All accessible from outside the marker.

The ANS reg will be fine with just a few drops of oil in the ASA every once in a while. Basically the same as the Mag valve.

RTspag
10-12-2005, 03:29 PM
so.... um... when do i get to beta test the frame!!! lol

CoolHand
10-12-2005, 06:28 PM
so.... um... when do i get to beta test the frame!!! lol

Come to the AO Missouri day and you can play a game or two with it.

I'll have it there with me, as well as a Classic with my new Mech frame.

And my FreeFlow (which no one but me uses), and my Viking, and various and sundry pumps, and maybe even a slingshot. :rofl:

RTspag
10-13-2005, 01:15 PM
i got dibs on the slingshot

CoolHand
10-13-2005, 01:20 PM
i got dibs on the slingshot

You know, I actually went and dug mine out from eons ago, but the damned rubber tubes were rotten, so the thing kind blew up in my face when I went to do a test fire. :tard:

Alas, no slingshot this time. :shooting:

I think the coolness of the ElectroMag ( :headbang: ) and the super comfy new Mech Mag will overcome any sorrow that folks may feel about the demise of the slingshot.

yogi
10-13-2005, 06:40 PM
coolhand
i own a emag. i have it set up with a rear stock, i am a scenario player, the one special ops sells on the long bow, what would it cost me to have you install it to the emag rail.i also have a smart parts lpr in black.thank you verry much

warbeak2099
10-13-2005, 09:18 PM
I'd imagine you'd simply buy the frame for $425 since you already have the lpr. If you want him to install it along with eyes, eye covers, and ULE milling on your rail, it would be an extra $125. So, with your own SP lpr, it would come to $550. You could probably get around $300 on the classifieds section for your Emag lowers sans rail if you have 3.2 software. So, you'd be able to swap this frame in for a gross total of about $250.

I am not Coolhand, just giving an estimate. Am I right Ryan?

b&r automag
10-13-2005, 11:16 PM
If we wanted to get the minimaxflo option....would we have a choice in picking out a color or will there be a standard color (black)?

CoolHand
10-14-2005, 12:30 AM
coolhand
i own a emag. i have it set up with a rear stock, i am a scenario player, the one special ops sells on the long bow, what would it cost me to have you install it to the emag rail.i also have a smart parts lpr in black.thank you verry much

Warbeak pretty much nailed it.

The stock has no effect on the price of the kit. If it will fit your EMag rail now, it should fit it after it is machined as well. Last I saw, the longbow kit mounted off the back sight rail holes, if that is still the case, you will want to keep your rail and let me machine it, instead of popping for a new one (as I only provide AGD slugs which have no holes in them at all).

You should be able to bolt it on yourself.

B&R - Go check the order page, I've updated it to reflect the options now offered.

11 Bravo
10-14-2005, 01:39 AM
How many have been ordered so far?

CoolHand
10-14-2005, 01:46 AM
How many have been ordered so far?

Ten.

frogoa
10-16-2005, 08:47 PM
Does this frame only work with the X-valve or can it also work with stock automags. I know it doesn't work with bodys with twist lock barrels but are there bodys that have powerfeeds that aren't twist lock?

CoolHand
10-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Does this frame only work with the X-valve or can it also work with stock automags. I know it doesn't work with bodys with twist lock barrels but are there bodys that have powerfeeds that aren't twist lock?

The only powerfeed bodies there are, also take twist lock barrels, so they are out.

I have not tested this frame using a classic valve, since they start to shoot down at @16bps, but I can if you think you'd like to run one I'll give it a look. You just won't be able to use the frame to its fullest.

splat15k
10-16-2005, 09:46 PM
So how light can the trigger be adjusted? What about pull length?

CoolHand
10-16-2005, 10:07 PM
So how light can the trigger be adjusted? What about pull length?

Did you read the first post? This is an electronic frame, IE the only weight that has to be there trigger pull wise is the microswitch, which takes 25 grams of force to actuate (The ULT takes 15ozs of force, or 425 grams of force to actuate). You can adjust the magnetic trigger return force to suit your taste, from totally slack to snappy and crisp, all from the outside of the frame.

Pull length, once again, is the same situation as the pull weight. The only length that has to be there is the ~0.020" that the microswitch needs to move to actually be actuated. The trigger is totally adjustable though, so you can make the pull as long or short as you like, once again, all from outside the frame.

frogoa
10-17-2005, 05:20 AM
can it go full auto or 3 shot burst

The only powerfeed bodies there are, also take twist lock barrels, so they are out.

I have not tested this frame using a classic valve, since they start to shoot down at @16bps, but I can if you think you'd like to run one I'll give it a look. You just won't be able to use the frame to its fullest.

11 Bravo
10-17-2005, 03:02 PM
can it go full auto or 3 shot burst

Yes it can. It has the Predator board.

CoolHand
10-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Yes it can. It has the Predator board.

What he said. :D

mr.mag218
10-17-2005, 07:39 PM
i have a morlock, rail milled for eyes, and an x valve with ult. how much will it cost me to get an empty trigger frame, and my body milled for eyes?

Automaggot68
10-17-2005, 08:13 PM
i have a morlock, rail milled for eyes, and an x valve with ult. how much will it cost me to get an empty trigger frame, and my body milled for eyes?

It's going to take little more than JUST a board to power the fram, dude.

CoolHand
10-17-2005, 10:28 PM

I'll sell you a kit without any electronics for $350, but I will not warranty it at all. If you're OK with that, so am I. (And it's not like I won't know which one I didn't assemble :ninja: ).

Add $45 if you want me to drill the body for eyes (though if you've already machined the rail, it begs the question ---> Why can't you drill the body yourself?).

UDO
10-19-2005, 02:13 AM
How Much Would It Cost If I Already Have Xvalve And Ule Body But Want Eyes And All The Other Goodies

CoolHand
10-19-2005, 02:59 AM
How Much Would It Cost If I Already Have Xvalve And Ule Body But Want Eyes And All The Other Goodies

Frame Kit - $450
Slug Rail - $50
Eye Install/Rail Milling - $125
RTP Sear & Axle Assembly - $35
Rail Bushing - $1
Bike ForeGrip - $16
Macro Fittings and Line - $18 (If you want braided SS it will cost extra)
AKA Clamping Feed - $25
Shipping - $15

Total Anodized, Assembled, and Tuned - $735

No barrel, or bottom line ASA.

Emag2005
10-19-2005, 06:35 AM
Frame Kit - $450
Slug Rail - $50
Eye Install/Rail Milling - $125
RTP Sear & Axle Assembly - $35
Rail Bushing - $1
Bike ForeGrip - $16
Macro Fittings and Line - $18 (If you want braided SS it will cost extra)
AKA Clamping Feed - $25
Shipping - $15

Total Anodized, Assembled, and Tuned - $735

No barrel, or bottom line ASA.

Don't forget the LPR

UTDragun
10-19-2005, 09:33 AM
is it possible that you could use a std jds lpr?

CoolHand
10-19-2005, 05:44 PM
so for those of us that preordered, it'd just be +$125 for the eye installs?

That is correct sir.

Don't forget the LPR

Didn't forget it, an ANS LPR is included in the $450 kit.

is it possible that you could use a std jds lpr?

If STD makes a 'cocker type LPR that will thread into an 1/8" NPT port, then yes. Otherwise, no. I know AKA makes SCM's that will work, but I don't think STD has one like that yet.

CoolHand
10-22-2005, 03:45 AM
The solenoids came in today.

That just leaves ano and boards standing in the way of assembly and shipment to a grateful world.

I'm thinking they will go off to ano next week (unless the new ano guys are horribly slow on the samples).

At any rate, hopefully World Cup goes well for TAG and they have my boards for me when they said they would.

Wouldn't that be wonderful? A project that is actually running on schedule.

I was begining to wonder if such a thing were even possible. :ninja:

CoolHand
10-22-2005, 01:13 PM
is there a deadline for sending the laser engraving template to you?

Well, there will be one eventually, when they are ready to go off to be engraved, but you've got at least a month before that is ready to happen.

Just try to hurry up every chance you get. ;)

CoolHand
10-24-2005, 01:41 AM
OK, these bad boys are going off to ano at the end of next week, so if you haven't gotten me your ano and laser engraving template, you need to get on it.

Anyone wanting to get into this batch, needs to act now. If you wait, there will be a delay.

RTspag
10-24-2005, 03:54 PM
you have my ano and laser engrave temp right?! better order now, or your going to be crying

SpecialBlend2786
10-24-2005, 07:05 PM
Do we just email you our anno choice and template?

slimc
10-24-2005, 10:03 PM
making sure that you got my info, never gat a reply.

viper_ssc
10-25-2005, 07:26 PM
Sorry if you already answered a question like this before, but this is a long thread and don't have time to look up the answer.

Would it be possible to get a vertical adapter tapped for a LPR? How much would one cost? I have a new project I'm starting and I'd need a VA tapped for a LPR.

UTDragun
10-26-2005, 09:27 AM
The solenoids came in today.

That just leaves ano and boards standing in the way of assembly and shipment to a grateful world.

I'm thinking they will go off to ano next week (unless the new ano guys are horribly slow on the samples).

At any rate, hopefully World Cup goes well for TAG and they have my boards for me when they said they would.

:cuss: way to go. Im so dissapointed in you. How could you even possibly imagine doing this? Do you not understand what chaos you have unleased? The fury will spread throughout! ...ok I forgot what I was doing... sooo... uhh.... way to jinx it...mmm.. yeah... free up? :hail:

UTDragun
10-26-2005, 09:28 AM
painkillers are bad

CoolHand
10-26-2005, 03:32 PM
Sorry if you already answered a question like this before, but this is a long thread and don't have time to look up the answer.

Would it be possible to get a vertical adapter tapped for a LPR? How much would one cost? I have a new project I'm starting and I'd need a VA tapped for a LPR.

Yes, I can do that. It's not a big deal. Say $15 to work on one you already have, or $25 to buy one of these that is already done (but raw), add $10 of you would like it anodized.

CoolHand
10-26-2005, 03:34 PM
Do we just email you our anno choice and template?

Yup.

I will be going through the orders and emailing the folks I do not have everything from yet.

If you don't get an email from me by the weekend, it means I have all your info.

If you don't get an email, and you haven't sent me anything, it means I've lost your order. :wow:

. . . . . . . Just kidding.

:rofl:

CoolHand
10-30-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm hoping to have these out to ano at the end of this coming week (that would be by 11-4-05).

You've still got time if you want one, but it's running out fast.

Emag2005
10-30-2005, 08:10 PM
How long does ano take one or two weeks

CoolHand
10-30-2005, 08:25 PM
How long does ano take one or two weeks

Try three or four.

I've worked with seven anodizers now, and every one of them has said two weeks. The closest one came was four. The rest were in the 6-14 range.

Yeah, I hate anodizing with a firey passion. :mad: If only raw aluminum would hold up . . . . . . .

BigEvil
10-31-2005, 11:40 AM

LOL I hope you can pull this off with minimal aggrevation. TAG better get off of their arses with these (and the emag) boards.

I cant wait to actually see these things in action.

FYI I am still interested in one of these frames. I may even decide to pick up an entire gun from you. All will have to wait until after the holidays im afraid. I just got a vet bill for $1500 that kind of put a damper on many of my plans.

CoolHand
10-31-2005, 01:11 PM
LOL I hope you can pull this off with minimal aggrevation..........

:rofl: Me too.

TAG is terrible at hitting their deadlines, so I actually added a month to what they told me when I was setting up my internal deadlines. BUT, it looks like they may even miss that one.

Anyway, I will poke Bob later this week (when I'm sure they are back from WC) about my boards and the EMag boards.

I'll post up whatever I find out.

CoolHand
10-31-2005, 03:34 PM
Got the grips today.

I got three colors: Smoke, Red, and Blue.

There are 15 smoke, 5 red, and 5 blue.

I will be sending out the confirmation emails this week, and I will be asking what color grips you want. If you say nothing, you will get smoke. If I run out of red or blue, you will be notified, and then get smoke ( :D ).

I ended up going with the translucent colors because:

A) They show the LED on the board better.

2) I didn't have to go through DYE to get them.

D) They were on sale.

#) Smoke is a nice neutral color.

~) Black is out of stock everywhere I looked.

So, for those three and a half reasons, we're going with smoke, red, and blue grips.

That is all.

slimc
10-31-2005, 06:38 PM
I will take the smoke. Keep up the good work!

DaveSM
10-31-2005, 07:43 PM
I would have picked up a black one but I'll go with smoke...

RTspag
11-01-2005, 07:14 PM
i wanted smoke anyways. hah ;)

zackzel
11-01-2005, 08:34 PM
Tentatively hold a set of the red ones for me depending on how dark the red is.

UTDragun
11-03-2005, 10:26 AM
doh, i definately just accidentally bought two guns when I only wanted 1 from the website cuz my browser sucks

CoolHand
11-03-2005, 07:39 PM
doh, i definately just accidentally bought two guns when I only wanted 1 from the website cuz my browser sucks

I don't think so.

In fact, I don't even see one order from you. Maybe your browser sucked so bad that you didn't actually get any ordered at all.

I think I said this in reply to your email too, but go ahead and send me your PayPal email address and your real name, so I can look into it.

RTspag
11-04-2005, 07:52 PM
frames on the way to anno? find out anything on the boards?

TFF014
11-06-2005, 06:32 PM
will the frame work on a dallara or chord body ?

SpecialBlend2786
11-06-2005, 06:34 PM
will the frame work on a dallara or chord body ?

yes, but installing eyes and eye covers will be a pain to do

and for the dallara, custom work needs to be done because it works on a standard AM/MM rail.

luke
11-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Hey CoolHand, can you get 3 fingers inside the trigger guard and on the trigger?

CoolHand
11-08-2005, 12:04 AM
Hey CoolHand, can you get 3 fingers inside the trigger guard and on the trigger?

Yes sir.

Even three polish sausage digits like mine.

Emag2005
11-09-2005, 09:34 PM
frames on the way to anno? find out anything on the boards?
? ;)

CoolHand
11-09-2005, 10:17 PM
? ;)

No to the ano, but I did hear back about the boards.

Looks like they should be done by the time the frames are done with ano.

It's all coming together now fellas.

Be on the lookout for a confirmation email from me.

When you get it, MAKE SURE YOU REPLY ASAP.

Also, don't post it here, or PM me or whatever, reply to the email. Your info will just get lost otherwise.

boredcentral
11-10-2005, 11:57 AM
No to the ano, but I did hear back about the boards.

Looks like they should be done by the time the frames are done with ano.

It's all coming together now fellas.

Be on the lookout for a confirmation email from me.

When you get it, MAKE SURE YOU REPLY ASAP.

Also, don't post it here, or PM me or whatever, reply to the email. Your info will just get lost otherwise.

Are you saying that all the people who have paid you will recieve a confirmation email before you send the frames to the ano? I am asking this question because I have changed my color from the original order form on your website. I did send you a PM and an email but they are lost as you stated above. :)

CoolHand
11-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Are you saying that all the people who have paid you will recieve a confirmation email before you send the frames to the ano? I am asking this question because I have changed my color from the original order form on your website. I did send you a PM and an email but they are lost as you stated above. :)

Exactly.

I do this, because I know people change their minds a lot when give this much time to think things over.

To make the verification process as painless as possible (for me that is ;) ), I will be requiring that you reply to the email I send out.

It will happen on Sunday of this week.

That is all.

zackzel
11-14-2005, 09:13 PM
Exactly.

I do this, because I know people change their minds a lot when give this much time to think things over.

To make the verification process as painless as possible (for me that is ;) ), I will be requiring that you reply to the email I send out.

It will happen on Sunday of this week.

That is all.

Did anyone get thier email? Because I haven't got mine.

DaveSM
11-14-2005, 10:41 PM
Did anyone get thier email? Because I haven't got mine.

I assume he hadn't sent them because I hadn't received mine.

tipp-ed off
11-15-2005, 11:04 AM
I assume he hadn't sent them because I hadn't received mine.

I guess not...I haven't got mine yet.

RTspag
11-15-2005, 03:13 PM
Nope, didn't get mine.

11 Bravo
11-17-2005, 01:23 PM
So whats the order count up to? If its not a state secret. :cool:

CoolHand
11-17-2005, 01:41 PM
Nobody panic, I've just been a slack ***.

This last week has been hectic as all hell at school, AND I'm frickin' sick to boot, so I'm not really moving with 100% efficiency.

We've still got plenty of time before the boards get here. I will do my very best to see that the aforementioned email gets sent out yet this week. Hopefully on Saturday.

Hang in there guys.

And at last count, IIRC, there were 13 of them sold, so we're doing OK.

zackzel
11-17-2005, 02:04 PM

This last week has been hectic as all hell at school, AND I'm frickin' sick to boot, so I'm not really moving with 100% efficiency.

We've still got plenty of time before the boards get here. I will do my very best to see that the aforementioned email gets sent out yet this week. Hopefully on Saturday.

Hang in there guys.

Thanks for the update Coolhand. I totally understand how school can get as its getting quite hectic here as well and trying to pull a job and school at the same time definatly sucks.

Did you happen to get the parts I sent you yet?

DaveSM
11-17-2005, 03:06 PM

Hang in there guys.

Don't worry, it take a lot to get myself in a panic state and I'm far from that at the moment :) .

CoolHand
11-17-2005, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the update Coolhand. I totally understand how school can get as its getting quite hectic here as well and trying to pull a job and school at the same time definatly sucks.

Did you happen to get the parts I sent you yet?

I have parts here from: Zach Zeholoski, David Brassard, Alan Smarse, and Chaos Paintball (whoever that is).

And yes, work, school, and sickness really sucks.

Emag2005
11-21-2005, 05:36 PM
What is the ETA on the boards?

11 Bravo
11-21-2005, 08:23 PM
^^^^^^^^hah :spit_take :rofl:

CoolHand
11-22-2005, 01:57 AM
Last I heard, about two weeks.

We'll see how close that is.

I'm in a better position though, since I'm not the only one buying these boards, the quantity is much higher than previous runs, so the wait should be lower.

I say should.

behemoth
11-26-2005, 06:41 PM
Alright.

I've snapped.

I'll be emailing you once i get the funds together...

DaveSM
11-29-2005, 10:54 AM
up

UTDragun
11-29-2005, 11:29 PM
Last I heard, about two weeks.

We'll see how close that is.

I'm in a better position though, since I'm not the only one buying these boards, the quantity is much higher than previous runs, so the wait should be lower.

I say should.
hope for the best, expect the worst

UTDragun
11-30-2005, 05:26 PM
so you have all the other parts assembled?

zackzel
11-30-2005, 05:39 PM
so you have all the other parts assembled?

Yes I do believe at this point we are just waiting on boards and anno. Which anno should happen any time now so then its just the boards.

UDO
12-01-2005, 11:10 AM
Hey Cool Hand If I Come Up With The Money For One Of These Soon What Is The Wait Time On One Would I Still Be In The First Batch Or Is It Too Late For That Thanks

Emag2005
12-04-2005, 06:04 PM
whats the status on the boards