PDA

View Full Version : Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

CoolHand
12-04-2005, 06:22 PM
whats the status on the boards

No word from TAG in two or three weeks. The chances of having them out before the first of the year are not looking too good right now kiddies. I am very sorry to have to push you all back.

UDO - Yeah, why not. I'm not doing another run of these things, so I'll honor the laser engraving Et. Al. for the whole batch of 25. Once they're gone, they're gone.

grominou69
12-05-2005, 04:19 AM
No word from TAG in two or three weeks. The chances of having them out before the first of the year are not looking too good right now kiddies. I am very sorry to have to push you all back.

UDO - Yeah, why not. I'm not doing another run of these things, so I'll honor the laser engraving Et. Al. for the whole batch of 25. Once they're gone, they're gone.

and wazzup with the anno ?? i believe you sent the fireblades with the frames so mine should be in that batch ...

Arstron
12-05-2005, 08:31 AM

You are only going to do 25 and no more? Now I am going to have to sell half my gear to try to get enoug money to get me a frame. I have wanted to ge one (even though I dont like the looks), but knew I wouldnt have the funds so I was going to wait on a second batch. I am glad you said you arent going to do a second batch, now I can have time to sell my truck, house, and rob a bank to get the funds. :dance:

or I could sell some gear and quit buying things. :rolleyes:

zackzel
12-05-2005, 10:02 AM
You are only going to do 25 and no more? Now I am going to have to sell half my gear to try to get enoug money to get me a frame. I have wanted to ge one (even though I dont like the looks), but knew I wouldnt have the funds so I was going to wait on a second batch. I am glad you said you arent going to do a second batch, now I can have time to sell my truck, house, and rob a bank to get the funds. :dance:

or I could sell some gear and quit buying things. :rolleyes:

I think you people have to realize that something like this takes alot of time and effort, I can definatly understand Ryan only doing one batch. The good news is that we who get one of the 25 will be the few and the proud with an awsome product that just rips. And since everyone is getting to choose thier anno's they will all be different from one another and should be quite unique.

On a side note, is there any small chance we will have these by the 15th of January Ryan? I am getting deployed the 18th and would like to have it before I leave.

As always thanks for keeping us updated, and keep up the good work. :cheers:

behemoth
12-05-2005, 07:49 PM
-- Got mine ordered.

Cant wait!

stonersr26
12-05-2005, 08:10 PM
Coolhand,

How many of the 25 are left? It says there is 1 on your website, but if I remember correctly that was the preorder list of 15. Just wondering because I really want to get one and I'm wondering just how soon my grant money for spring semester is coming :D .

UDO
12-06-2005, 01:30 AM
I Am Interested In One Of These I Would Like To Talk To You About Getting One If I Use Pay Pal Or What

Arstron
12-09-2005, 02:28 PM
I noticed on your site that it says these are all gone, have you sold every spot?

zackzel
12-09-2005, 02:38 PM
I noticed on your site that it says these are all gone, have you sold every spot?

I think he only had 15 avialable on his site, so there are probably 10 slots left.

CoolHand
12-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Yeah, I don't think I'm actually sold out, but the website sure thinks so.

I am totally snowed under with finals and last minute project work to close out the semester.

Next Tuesday I have my last final exam, AND the last defense of my senior design project, AFTER that I will wade in and sort out what's left over and get to prodding TAG again about the boards.

At this point, it is more than safe to say that they will not be shipping before the first of the year, and honestly, I would be surprised if they were ready to go out by the end of January.

We can always hope though, I suppose.

Right now, the only things remaining to be done are:

Mill Rails and Bodies for eyes (for those who ordered the option that is)
Anodize them (this cannot be done until the rails are finished)
Laser Engraving (this can't be done until the ano is finished)
Install electronics (this cannot be done until the boards arrive)

So, basically, the ano is waiting on me to do the machine work, but the entire project is ultimately waiting on the boards.

I am sorry for the delay on the machine work, but I thought it best to actually pass my classes this semester so I can graduate (especially senior design).

Anyway, that's the latest as of today.

Skoad
12-09-2005, 05:13 PM
Your not still going to UMR are you?

CoolHand
12-09-2005, 06:03 PM
Your not still going to UMR are you?

Yup, have been for quite some time now.

Amazing how it takes twice as long when you're only doing 6-8 hrs a semester . . . . . .

I found out quite quickly that I couldn't swing 15 hrs AND work. I got a case of hard core burn-out about midway through the first semester of my junior year (that would be the fifth semester total), and I almost dropped out. I knew I'd never go back if I did that though, so I just dropped way back and took it easy. Going half time and trying to run a business was still a serious challenge, but one which was doable.

At any rate, it's very nearly over now.

I have one class (3hrs) in the Spring, and I am done. Finally. :tard:

behemoth
12-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Yup, have been for quite some time now.

Amazing how it takes twice as long when you're only doing 6-8 hrs a semester . . . . . .

I found out quite quickly that I couldn't swing 15 hrs AND work. I got a case of hard core burn-out about midway through the first semester of my junior year (that would be the fifth semester total), and I almost dropped out. I knew I'd never go back if I did that though, so I just dropped way back and took it easy. Going half time and trying to run a business was still a serious challenge, but one which was doable.

At any rate, it's very nearly over now.

I have one class (3hrs) in the Spring, and I am done. Finally. :tard:

Good Luck!

/is in the same boat
//but with higschool
///not dropping out, just burnout :P
////go do my frame :p
/////i cant wait

Skoad
12-09-2005, 06:23 PM
Nice :cheers:

I grad next week :headbang: Now, just need to find a job...... :tard:

CoolHand
12-09-2005, 07:29 PM
Nice :cheers:

I grad next week :headbang: Now, just need to find a job...... :tard:

What major? I seem to remember something about comp sci, but I could be wrong.

The Mining department is looking like were gonna have 100% employment for our Dec grads.

I've already got one lined up with a development company here local. Going to be overseeing the heavy excavation (hey, what is a mine but a big excavation anyway? ;) ) and infrastructure engineering. I am starting part time in January, and full time when I graduate in May.

Which brings me to my other announcement . . . . . . .

These frames will be the very last run of production parts I do, period. I'm backing down the PB juggernaut, and will only be taking on interesting custom projects after the new year.

Now, that is not to say that I will not be still selling stuff for a while, but once the parts are gone, I will not be making anymore.

I'd appreciate this not being re-posted anywhere just yet, as I would like to do it myself, with a nicely composed post, which I do not have time to assemble right now. If you go and re-post this I will be forced to explain myself sooner and I will then be grumpy. :mad:

Skoad
12-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Was comp sci, but switched to Bus & IST.

CoolHand
12-09-2005, 08:26 PM
Was comp sci, but switched to Bus & IST.

Yeah, the tech bust sorta hamstringed you guys.

Shoulda switched to EMan or something like that. ;)

Good luck with your job search, hope ya find something to your liking.

behemoth
12-09-2005, 09:29 PM
since i cant "repost that"

Nooooooooo WHY?!

:(

zackzel
12-09-2005, 10:04 PM
Hey sorry to hear about the decision not to make anything else, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Anyways good luck with finals and next semester.

On a side note I PM'd you.

CoolHand
12-09-2005, 10:33 PM
since i cant "repost that"

Nooooooooo WHY?!

Well, here is the long and the short of it:

The PB business is getting ugly. It's not any fun at all anymore, and it's gotten to the point that it's making me not even want to play paintball anymore. That is bad. The production stuff is very time consuming, and rather mind numbing.

PLUS, I am really having to force the new ideas to come, and that always causes poor designs.

Then, to top it all off, there isn't much if any money in it.

These price wars are great for the consumers, but they really cut into our bottom lines (especially with my low batch size).

And the production parts customers have been really getting me down lately. Nobody on AO has given me any trouble to really speak of, but there are plenty from lots of other places that make up for you all. Now, granted, some of it is deserved, I have been really slow and held up a lot at the end of this year (yet another grumble about the production parts is the fact that I am at the mercy of anodizers, none of which seem to be able to do anything they say that will).

All that has sorta snowballed into a "meh" feeling about my job in general. I am just running out of steam. It would be one thing if I were making money hand over fist, but I am not. In the last five years, I have managed to build myself a very nice machine shop, put out some high quality products in mediocre volumes, and rack up a decent sized loan for myself. Yeah, that's going in the wrong direction.

The fact is that if I don't do something very soon about the high money out, medium money in thing, I will be going under anyway. At least this way I have some say about the scale back. The machine tools are for the most part paid for, so they can stay, and don't cost me much, if anything, to keep. I will sell the remaining stock of parts I have, and call it a day on that stuff. If I'm lucky, I won't lose a bundle on the liquidation.

Then I have my imminent graduation in May. Coinciding with this event is the opportunity to take a job as an engineer with a local development firm at just about four times my current annual income. I just can't pass that up.

I'll still be around the forums, and I will still be doing custom projects for customers and myself, as well as the obligatory custom machine work here and there, I just won't be doing any more of these big hundreds of parts runs. Come January, Logic Paintball will be strictly a side business to let me stay frosty with the machines and the software.

The good news for you guys is that I will be taking on a lot more custom CNC work now that I will have a lot more time on my hands.

Skoad
12-09-2005, 10:41 PM
I have one baby project I might want you to do, ok maybe two....wait three :p

All fairly simple little baby sized thingys. Gotta research and test some stuff first however.

CoolHand
12-09-2005, 10:42 PM
I have one baby project I might want you to do, ok maybe two....wait three :p

All fairly simple little baby sized thingys. Gotta research and test some stuff first however.

Well, I'm staying in the area, so whenever you're ready, just give me a buzz.

CoolHand
12-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Ok, just took stock.

There are four (4) frames left.

After that they are all gone.

behemoth
12-09-2005, 11:50 PM
Well, whatever your venture, have fun :)

(and no, you cant pass up 4x your current income, else you = :tard: ) ;)

-Josh

CoolHand
12-10-2005, 12:19 AM
. . . . . .(and no, you cant pass up 4x your current income, else you = :tard: ) . . . . .. -Josh

Egggxactly. :headbang:

Plus, I will actually get to shed some responsibility. ( :ninja: )

Yay for not being 100% in charge anymore! :rofl:

Arstron
12-10-2005, 11:00 AM
well I hate to see you leave the production side of things, you have made some good things for the automag community. I am sure I won't have the money to get one of your electric frames, but I do hope to get a new mech frame to try out. I hope you keep playing though and can make it to ao:mo next year though.

11 Bravo
12-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Since your going to be making 4 times what your making now. You will be able to afford to keep making mag things at a loss. So since you can afford it - dont quit. :D

grominou69
12-10-2005, 03:30 PM
it's sad that you have to partially retire ...
unfortunately in paintball , theses days , it seems that every new and innovative stuff for good ol' mags are coming from little shop like you or particulars that don't have the big ressources of the big companies ... it's sad because some of you like doc nickel , you and many others are leaving because it's too hard to do all the stuff yourself and on the other hand profit seem to be too low for the work it takes ...

i hope you will be able to continue to do those amazing mag parts like the fireblade , frames and rails .

and btw ... good luck with your graduation ...

P.S. any chance that you could have one of those alpha rail lying somewhere in the dust ?? :D

CoolHand
12-10-2005, 09:34 PM
Bravo - Yeah, that's true, but I am very very tired of burning my candle at both ends AND the middle. It will be very nice to slow down for a little bit. I might even get to go paintballing again. :eek:

That's mainly why I'm going to keep doing the custom stuff. I won't have to worry about making a ton of money, and I can pick and choose the jobs that look like fun. PLUS, there will be only one person to ***** at me when I take forever (even though they will know this up front). :ninja:

Grom - I have one raw, and two black Alphas setting here right now. Send me a email ( tech@logicpaintball.com ) and I'll send you an invoice.

lostrock
12-11-2005, 10:20 PM
PMed you

Emag2005
12-12-2005, 07:42 AM
I was wondering if anyone wanted to buy the ultimate mag frame spot off of me? I need to buy a ego this week but my money is tied up in that.

wingnut820@yahoo.com

grominou69
12-13-2005, 03:55 AM
i emailed you coolhand ... concerning those alpha rails ... hope you received it ... :confused:

behemoth
12-13-2005, 10:37 AM
SELLING MY SPOT IN LINE!

PM me or Email me at: Josh.behemoth@gmail.com

11 Bravo
12-16-2005, 10:04 PM
You guys are impatient. Its gonna be awesome, hold on.

You should try - waiting for the Emag drop in board. :eek: :cry:

Coolhand, You never made a vid of someone with crazy fingers shooting this thing?

nate2k191
12-19-2005, 09:42 PM
you guys are genius... ::bows::

RFLMN1
12-24-2005, 01:59 AM
I will buy someones spot if they want to sell it. LMK

Jason

CoolHand
12-24-2005, 03:45 AM
I will buy someones spot if they want to sell it. LMK

Jason

Ahem . . . . . . . .

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=188566

:ninja:

behemoth
12-24-2005, 12:18 PM
Ahem . . . . . . . .

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=188566

Thanks CoolHand :D

zackzel
12-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Did these ever go to anno yet? Because I never got my little confirmation email confirming my color etc...

CoolHand
12-24-2005, 10:47 PM
Did these ever go to anno yet? Because I never got my little confirmation email confirming my color etc...

Since the boards were MIA I was holding off until I had the rail machining finished. That way it can go all at once.

zackzel
12-24-2005, 11:13 PM
Since the boards were MIA I was holding off until I had the rail machining finished. That way it can go all at once.

That makes sense. Let me know how the karta milling comes out.

RTspag
01-07-2006, 05:09 PM
anything new? ;)

Emag2005
01-14-2006, 06:09 PM
Anything new with the boards?

going_home
01-14-2006, 09:20 PM
Ryan do you think we will get our stuff before you start your full time job ?
I ordered an xvalve blue complete marker and two mech mag frames.
I sent a 15 degree asa and a dye ultralite back and two tips to be anno'd
with the marker parts.

Thanks
going_home

"I Find You Illogical"

Arstron
01-18-2006, 10:53 PM
how many frames do you have left and what colors? I belive I might get one.

CoolHand
01-19-2006, 12:49 AM
how many frames do you have left and what colors? I belive I might get one.

There aren't any left, though I think one guy might be trying to sell his spot in line.

Home - I started my new job in December. The biggest delay right now is TAG and their total info blackout on when/if the boards will be done. Everything else is secondary, without a board to run it, the thing is useless. I have spoken with Vaporworks, but the boards they have are a little too big, and a firmware rewrite (to include all the cool modes) looks to be expensive at best. Basically, it's set and wait on TAG time. I will politely prod them as often as I dare, but past that there isn't much I can do.

That said, if it goes too much longer (as in "it's starting to look like they won't do them at all"), I will figure something else out.

I won't leave you all swingin in the breeze.

Arstron
01-19-2006, 08:11 AM
There aren't any left, though I think one guy might be trying to sell his spot in line.

Home - I started my new job in December. The biggest delay right now is TAG and their total info blackout on when/if the boards will be done. Everything else is secondary, without a board to run it, the thing is useless. I have spoken with Vaporworks, but the boards they have are a little too big, and a firmware rewrite (to include all the cool modes) looks to be expensive at best. Basically, it's set and wait on TAG time. I will politely prod them as often as I dare, but past that there isn't much I can do.

That said, if it goes too much longer (as in "it's starting to look like they won't do them at all"), I will figure something else out.

Well congratulations on selling all your frames, thats gota make you feel pretty good. I knew that when I finaly got the money to buy one of your frames they would be sold out. Oh well, if anyone does want to sell their spot inline for a frame and not a complete gun let me know by PM's. :cheers:

CoolHand
01-19-2006, 08:18 PM
Well congratulations on selling all your frames, thats gota make you feel pretty good. I knew that when I finaly got the money to buy one of your frames they would be sold out. Oh well, if anyone does want to sell their spot inline for a frame and not a complete gun let me know by PM's. :cheers:

Well, I did feel good. . . . . . . . for about 20 minutes.

Then I realized that I now had ~25 people who had invested a big chunk of change on, waiting on me to build their frames (and I am in turn waiting on TAG to build and sell me the damned boards).

And so the circle of stress begins. Stress for me because I am the man with the plan, and the ultimate responsible party if things go sour, and stress for the customers because they now have to play the waiting game.

However, at least this time, they were fully aware of the wait before they bought into it.

11 Bravo
01-19-2006, 09:07 PM
I think that most people are aware of the rep that TAG has been getting on this forum and that they should understand the situation you are in and not hold it against you.

Ex.- Delays in the Emag board and the DIY Predator boards.

Arstron
01-20-2006, 09:53 AM
I think that most people are aware of the rep that TAG has been getting on this forum and that they should understand the situation you are in and not hold it against you.

Ex.- Delays in the Emag board and the DIY Predator boards.

I agree, as long as you keep posting here from time to time and dont run off to the bahamas I am sure people wont get to irate with you. ;)

UTDragun
01-20-2006, 11:26 AM
If I have a morlock, do you think you could rig mine to work untill the real boards come in?

SpecialBlend2786
01-23-2006, 02:10 AM

Then I realized that I now had ~25 people who had invested a big chunk of change on, waiting on me to build their frames (and I am in turn waiting on TAG to build and sell me the damned boards).

And so the circle of stress begins. Stress for me because I am the man with the plan, and the ultimate responsible party if things go sour, and stress for the customers because they now have to play the waiting game.

However, at least this time, they were fully aware of the wait before they bought into it.

Don't stress out too much. We ALL knew to expect a wait when we paid money up front, and it was made very clear that we would have to wait. I paid expecting a top notch product and i don't have any doubts that I will recieve one. You've done all that you can on your end, so these delays arn't your fault at all.

Point being, you made sure to tell us that there would be a wait before we paid and we paid knowing what we were getting into. So don't worry so much and keep feeling good :cheers:

BigEvil
01-23-2006, 08:36 AM

I know some guys have bought Morlocks from KM2 and sent them to tag to get the Predator code flashed on them. I was wondering if that could be an option for you.

CoolHand
01-23-2006, 07:17 PM
I know some guys have bought Morlocks from KM2 and sent them to tag to get the Predator code flashed on them. I was wondering if that could be an option for you.

Well, I was looking into this, but Bob told me yesterday that the boards I wanted are getting close.

If I don't see them in two weeks, that is what I will do.

UTDragun
01-24-2006, 02:27 PM
do you know if the tag boards were supposed to have the 10.0 code on them?

CoolHand
01-24-2006, 05:01 PM
do you know if the tag boards were supposed to have the 10.0 code on them?

I sure hope so. They are supposed to ship with the latest code TAG is shipping.

At this point, I'm more worried about getting boards. Once we have the boards, THEN I'll worry about what code is one them. ;)

UTDragun
01-30-2006, 11:21 PM
I sure hope so. They are supposed to ship with the latest code TAG is shipping.

At this point, I'm more worried about getting boards. Once we have the boards, THEN I'll worry about what code is one them. ;)
yeah well there is not much we can do, so try to think about something else :rolleyes:

Scott Hudnall
02-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Hey Coolhand -

am I able to buy an empty "ripper" frame and the front verticle adapter with the front spot for the low pressure reg?

Need it for another project. Black. Thanks. Email or PM me if possible. :cheers:

warbeak2099
02-02-2006, 08:21 AM
Could you use the NME Predator boards? People seem to be using those as the DIY boards currently. Is there anything else you could use? Would a Tadao work? They're made for e-pneu guns.

tipp-ed off
02-02-2006, 11:03 AM
http://www.tadaotechnologies.com/
I've heard good things about them...better than TAG.

Automaggot68
02-02-2006, 02:38 PM

But can the Tadao board be setup to run the mag?
Would it cost the end user more than the buying of a Pred Board?

I think the entire reason why Ryan ( and so many other do it yourself'ers ) Chose The Predator Board was because of it's universal nature.

I don't know enough about Tadao to make the same statement, so maybe someone else will post?

11 Bravo
02-02-2006, 06:00 PM

:eek: :eek: :( :eek: :eek:

CoolHand
02-02-2006, 09:12 PM

That's debatable.

However, the biggest problem is not function but size.

Anything bigger than a mini-morlock will not even fit, regardless of function, code, etc.

I've got a couple of options open to me at this point, but I have to weigh them carefully.

Option1: Wait on TAG. At this point, I have no idea when the boards will be done. They said two weeks, two weeks ago. No word yet, etc, etc, etc.

Option2: Jump ship to KM2 and Curt. He has 15 MiniMorlocks waiting on me right now, with 15 more in about a month and a half. Upside? They exist, and will work just fine. Downside? No predator code. They have the stock KM2 code, which is totally usable, but not as whiz bang. Can be flashed with the Predator code, but TAG will charge you $20 to do it.

Option3: Jump ship to an unspecified (as in, I don't have one located yet) third party. No guarantee of code, and no guarantee of longevity.

What do you all say? Need some opinions here folks.

Automaggot68
02-02-2006, 09:15 PM
I'm willing to wait.
I want the AFA codes.

stonersr26
02-02-2006, 11:33 PM
Well I wish I had saved the email to show you guys, but I emailed Tadao asking if they have an open based board that is universal, or a board that could be used in a mag type platform and they said not at this time.

CoolHand
02-03-2006, 02:17 AM
Well I wish I had saved the email to show you guys, but I emailed Tadao asking if they have an open based board that is universal, or a board that could be used in a mag type platform and they said not at this time.

It's not like I haven't been down that road before. I talked to Will at Tadao, and he had nothing that would fit. I talked with Goldie at Vaporworks, but all their boards are too big/wrong form factor for what I am doing (IE same story as Tadao). Plus they don't currently have AFA type firmware (which means $$ if I wanted him to write it for me). Basically, those two are non-starters. Not their fault, I kinda painted myself into a corner because of the space constraints I had to work under.

The frames were designed to accept a specific board, and there really isn't much room to spare at all.

It has to be roughly the size of a Mini-Morlock (or smaller), and use a hard on/off switch that is remotely mounted.

That right there knocks out the NME and other similar DIY boards (not to mention that TAG told me they were out of NME boards anyway, AND they are nearly a full inch too long).

I've been over all the options, and the three presented are the only ones available right now.

Short of a miracle, or a speedy climax to Curt's new Micro-Morlock (which will still not have the TAG code), they are the only choices we have.

Sumthinwicked
02-03-2006, 03:51 AM
i think ill wait until i get my tax return then scoop up one of these hopefully youll have the issue resolved by then ;)

Arstron
02-03-2006, 08:08 AM
Short of a miracle, or a speedy climax to Curt's new Micro-Morlock (which will still not have the TAG code), they are the only choices we have.

I saw curt's post at the tinkers guild talking about the new micromorlock, he said he still had some changes to make, but the prototype his got now is smaller then a dime! 16.5mm tall and 11.7mm wide. Thats simply amazing! That could be mounted in a ule'd portion of the rail!

going_home
02-04-2006, 08:10 PM
I'll be honest with you, all this stuff about codes makes my head swim.
I just bought an 06 Ego and I am going to have to take it to a tech
to get it ramped up. I cant figure it out, even with the directions.

So Ryan you do whatever you feel to do on the boards, just have mine
all set to shoot ropes before you ship it because I doubt if I can figure it out.

Any way you can go ahead and ship the two mech mag frames I bought ahead
of the full marker ?

Anyways, theres my opinion, do what you feel to do on the boards.
Whats 2 or 4 more weeks anyway ?

UTDragun
02-07-2006, 10:16 AM
That's debatable.

However, the biggest problem is not function but size.

Anything bigger than a mini-morlock will not even fit, regardless of function, code, etc.

I've got a couple of options open to me at this point, but I have to weigh them carefully.

Option1: Wait on TAG. At this point, I have no idea when the boards will be done. They said two weeks, two weeks ago. No word yet, etc, etc, etc.

Option2: Jump ship to KM2 and Curt. He has 15 MiniMorlocks waiting on me right now, with 15 more in about a month and a half. Upside? They exist, and will work just fine. Downside? No predator code. They have the stock KM2 code, which is totally usable, but not as whiz bang. Can be flashed with the Predator code, but TAG will charge you $20 to do it.

Option3: Jump ship to an unspecified (as in, I don't have one located yet) third party. No guarantee of code, and no guarantee of longevity.

What do you all say? Need some opinions here folks.Can you not just buy the predator programmer and flash them all yourself? Or is that against the rules? if that can't happen, 20$ seems to be a small price to pay. What advantages would the tag boards have over the minimorlock with flashed predator code?

CoolHand
02-07-2006, 11:27 AM
Can you not just buy the predator programmer and flash them all yourself? Or is that against the rules? if that can't happen, 20$ seems to be a small price to pay. What advantages would the tag boards have over the minimorlock with flashed predator code?

They won't sell the code, and I don't have a flasher anyway.

I could just send them in, but that's another $500 out of my pocket, on a project that I am already losing money on.

See what I mean here?

The Pred Morlocks would be basically identical to the new boards, no performance gained by waiting for them.

I guess I will tell Curt to go ahead and sent the first 15 and we can go from there.

11 Bravo
02-07-2006, 03:30 PM
How about just putting in the Mini Morlocks and sending them out like that? If people decide they want the Predator code they could always send the board to Tag. Its a quick turn around.

going_home
02-07-2006, 08:41 PM

I wasnt worried about the marker, or you leaving us swinging.
I wasnt asking you to ship it, I will gladly wait till its complete, and setup and tweaked by you.
I sent you a PM, I also bought 2 of the mech mag frames from your website (no grips on either).
I was asking if you could go ahead and ship the mech mag frames.
1 black, 1 blue.

CoolHand
02-07-2006, 10:12 PM
I wasnt worried about the marker, or you leaving us swinging.
I wasnt asking you to ship it, I will gladly wait till its complete, and setup and tweaked by you.
I sent you a PM, I also bought 2 of the mech mag frames from your website (no grips on either).
I was asking if you could go ahead and ship the mech mag frames.
1 black, 1 blue.

Ah, I misunderstood.

The mech mag frames are still at ano. Yes, you read it right, the god damned anodizer has taken my stuff hostage AGAIN.

This now makes five . . .no, SIX in a row that cannot even come close to their own deadlines, and therefore make me not even come close to my own deadline.

The Mech Mag frames will ship as soon as they / if they ever show back up again.

I am very sorry that I don't have better news.

That said, I still have raw one's that I held in reserve, so you could get two raw ones relatively quickly, if you are in a bind for them (with a refund to cover the lack of ano, of course).

I ask, in the name of Zues's BUTTHOLE, why can I not find a decent anodizer?

That's all I want, a frikin anodizer with a frikin lazer on his head. Is that too much to ask!?!

:mad:

RTspag
02-08-2006, 02:11 AM
well I'd still like to get what I originally hopped on for, the frame with the predator board. It's only been a 6 month wait for me, and I bought frame #4 or 5. I knew I would have to wait probably 7-8 months [wait i expected at the time] So I'm not even close to being bothered with the wait, and somethings will always be left up to other people, who don't necessarily keep us in mind, like annodizers, and TAG.

Automaggot68
02-08-2006, 02:25 AM
It's kinda funny, I'd settle for a raw frame with a board...but TAG is beng welll...
They're being themselves.

P8ntballr4life
02-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Ah, I misunderstood.

The mech mag frames are still at ano. Yes, you read it right, the god damned anodizer has taken my stuff hostage AGAIN.

This now makes five . . .no, SIX in a row that cannot even come close to their own deadlines, and therefore make me not even come close to my own deadline.

The Mech Mag frames will ship as soon as they / if they ever show back up again.

I am very sorry that I don't have better news.

That said, I still have raw one's that I held in reserve, so you could get two raw ones relatively quickly, if you are in a bind for them (with a refund to cover the lack of ano, of course).

I ask, in the name of Zues's BUTTHOLE, why can I not find a decent anodizer?

That's all I want, a frikin anodizer with a frikin lazer on his head. Is that too much to ask!?!

:mad:

Umm, I thought it said you had the mech frames in stock when I ordered it from your site, guess I was mistaken.

BTW, you should read up on some anodizing articles and consider doing it yourself, I think life would be so much easier for you. It's not like you are doing fades or a bulk/constant supply. You would save money too. Sometimes initial decisions need to be altered in order to gain desired effects, but at the same time persistence may pay off. In this case, I would go with the first option.

I agree that the morlocks should be installed without the pred code for the moment. A mag with electricity is truly amazing in itself and people can send them in later as mentioned in another post, besides, i'm not too fond of TAG myself and the morlocks are fast enough for the meantime.

Well, whatever happens, i'm sure you'll make the right decision and everyone will be satisfied. It's an AO forum, not pbnation. ;)

Peace from IRAQ, Ian :shooting:

Automaggot68
02-08-2006, 03:26 PM
Umm, I thought it said you had the mech frames in stock when I ordered it from your site, guess I was mistaken.

If you ordered one with a color it had to be shipped to anno.
Unless you bought raw, in which case, I don't know.

CoolHand
02-08-2006, 08:09 PM

BTW, you should read up on some anodizing articles and consider doing it yourself, I think life would be so much easier for you. It's not like you are doing fades or a bulk/constant supply. You would save money too. Sometimes initial decisions need to be altered in order to gain desired effects, but at the same time persistence may pay off. In this case, I would go with the first option.

I agree that the morlocks should be installed without the pred code for the moment. A mag with electricity is truly amazing in itself and people can send them in later as mentioned in another post, besides, i'm not too fond of TAG myself and the morlocks are fast enough for the meantime.

Well, whatever happens, i'm sure you'll make the right decision and everyone will be satisfied. It's an AO forum, not pbnation. ;)

Peace from IRAQ, Ian :shooting:

Derek is right, I have the physical items in stock, but they are raw. The website can't tell the difference.

We used to do the anodizing here ourselves, when I had lots of help, and wasn't that busy.

Now, I have a full time job, all my help is gone, and I have about 150% the amount of parts to be anodized. It's just not feasable to do it here anymore.

I'm leaning towards the mini-morlocks more and more myself. I will see what I can do about it.

grominou69
02-15-2006, 08:45 PM
coolhand .... is there a way i can join you by email ?? i tried to contact you several times since a month and still no reply :(
junk mail folder perhaps ...

>><<
02-19-2006, 06:58 PM
Are you ever gonna make another run of these??
When i get a job this summer i will be very intereted with purchasing one

going_home
02-19-2006, 08:43 PM
I just got an email, QuantumView UPS Ship Notification from Logic Paintball
for the 3 Ultimate Mechanical Mag Frames I purchased !

WOOHOO !

That must mean the stuff finally came back from anno !

Excuse me while I do the happy dance !

YEEHAW !

CoolHand
02-19-2006, 09:03 PM
I just got an email, QuantumView UPS Ship Notification from Logic Paintball
for the 3 Ultimate Mechanical Mag Frames I purchased !

WOOHOO !

That must mean the stuff finally came back from anno !

Excuse me while I do the happy dance !

YEEHAW !

No, unfortunately, what it means is that the stuff came back . . . . . . . raw.

Apparently, the guy has decided that anodizing is too much for him, and has sent back all the outstanding work he had.

I guess I wasn't the only one waiting on stuff from him.

So, basically, he sat on my parts for months on end, didn't do **** to them, and then sent them back with a refund and an apology.

At least he refunded my money.

So, now that I am back to square one, I am shipping out the parts, as is (that is raw), with a refund for the lack of ano.

I am tired of dealing with anodizers . . .period. If you all want to have them anodized, I suggest A+ Anodizing. He's the only guy I've dealt with that hasn't totally botched everything I sent him, but he's high, and is pretty slow (he says two weeks, but he means two or three months). That said, at least his work was good.

Dirt Products did a sample batch for me, but they took right at six months to turn that batch (of just a few parts) around, having thought they lost it once. Their ano looked good too.

But that is it. The other four or five places have sucked royally, either destroying parts, taking forever, botching the job, or all of the above.

I am very sorry to have to do this, but I am done messing with it. The parts will go out, and I will forever be done with big batch anodizing.

The electro frames will be sent to A+ Ano, but will go one at a time with all the parts that need to be matched. No more batches, no more BS, no more fly by nighters.

That is all.

going_home
02-19-2006, 09:12 PM
You have the patience of Job.
Ever read the book of Job and all the things he went thru ?

Dont stress, it will all work out man.

You are still waiting on Tag for the boards anyways.

There has been no 911 repeat terrorist attack, so all is well.

I see on the Tag forum some guys have been waiting over a year
to get their Devil mags now, and still dont have them, and dont even
know yet when they will get them.
We arent even close to that yet.

And some of them are pretty upset because the Devil mags guys had
not been returning email inquiries.

Life is full of stress, its all in how we handle it.
Attitude is everything !

CoolHand
02-19-2006, 09:35 PM
I'm not waiting on TAG anymore. As soon as this month's CC payment posts, I will be ordering boards from Curt at KM2. If you want it flashed with a Pred ROM, you can send it to TAG.

Once again, I am VERY sorry to bait and switch you guys, I told you it would have a Predator board in it, but there is no end in sight with TAG, and I refuse to let this project drag on like the Devil Mags have. It's just not going to happen with this one.

I will have 15 boards from Curt in a couple of weeks, and then the other 10 in about a month and a half (his estimate, not mine). So we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am very sorry that this isn't going as smoothly as it could have. This is what you get when we are all too poor (and/or not smart enough) to do everything "in-house".

The biggest downfalls of all my projects have always been the parts I had to rely on other companies for.

At least with the custom stuff it's only one person at a time that's pissed off at me. lol

With the production parts, I was able to piss off whole masses of people at once. Much more efficient. :rofl:

going_home
02-19-2006, 10:02 PM
I'm not waiting on TAG anymore. As soon as this month's CC payment posts, I will be ordering boards from Curt at KM2. If you want it flashed with a Pred ROM, you can send it to TAG.

Once again, I am VERY sorry to bait and switch you guys, I told you it would have a Predator board in it, but there is no end in sight with TAG, and I refuse to let this project drag on like the Devil Mags have. It's just not going to happen with this one.

I will have 15 boards from Curt in a couple of weeks, and then the other 10 in about a month and a half (his estimate, not mine). So we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am very sorry that this isn't going as smoothly as it could have. This is what you get when we are all too poor (and/or not smart enough) to do everything "in-house".

The biggest downfalls of all my projects have always been the parts I had to rely on other companies for.

At least with the custom stuff it's only one person at a time that's pissed off at me. lol

With the production parts, I was able to piss off whole masses of people at once. Much more efficient. :rofl:

What is KM2 ?
Is that the mini morlock some were posting about on here ?
If so will it be as fast as the video ?
I dont care what board as long as its all ready tweaked and ready to shoot when I get it
because I'm not so sure I can program the thing myself.

BigEvil
02-19-2006, 10:38 PM
WTF is going on with the assclowns at TAG? They are out of control, then ***** about how everyone is out t get them and ripping them off.

CoolHand
02-19-2006, 11:05 PM
What is KM2 ?
Is that the mini morlock some were posting about on here ?
If so will it be as fast as the video ?
I dont care what board as long as its all ready tweaked and ready to shoot when I get it
because I'm not so sure I can program the thing myself.

KM2 = Kenshaw Mountain Markers = Curt Hartung's Paintball Board Company They make the mini-morlocks.

The board will not change the speed of the marker, per se. If you set the marker to semi-auto, they will both be the same speed. If you set the cap to 15bps and turn on the 3rnd burst, it will be just as fast as the Pred on PSP ramp with a cap of 15 bps (see where I'm going with this?).

If you have to have every single mode that the Pred's use, they can flash the Pred ROM onto the mini-morlock (which is what a Pred Morlock was anyway).

If you have it reflashed, I will reset the programming for you for free, just pay the shipping and we're square. I won't leave you to swim alone.

DaveSM
02-19-2006, 11:16 PM
As long as I have a listing of the registers and a listing of the default values for solenoid dwell and other sensitive settings I would be fine with any board I may get. I only plan using semi so I don't really mind if it has the predator code or not.

Automaggot68
02-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Me being a Mode whore, I want the Stuff.
PM me, or tell me here how much that'll cost, and I'll add it to my feedneck money order.

CoolHand
02-20-2006, 01:25 AM
It costs $20 to have TAG flash a board that they didn't sell.

BUT (and I must emphasize this), that puts your marker's completion date back into TAG's hands. This is why I'm not going to just go ahead and have them all flashed, it would end up being the same thing all over again.

This way, each man can make that call for himself, and I am out of the loop (notice the subtle yet instrumental accountability dodge on my part :ninja: ).

slimc
02-20-2006, 01:54 AM
Sounds good to me, just do what you got to do. I don't need all the crazy modes anyway.

RTspag
02-20-2006, 05:45 AM
yeah sounds good to me, morlock it is! that new board house TAG built that i read about 5-6 months ago must be really uber fast, and crankin out those boards like crazy like they said :tard:

P8ntballr4life
02-20-2006, 08:19 AM
This way, each man can make that call for himself, and I am out of the loop (notice the subtle yet instrumental accountability dodge on my part :ninja: ).

Yes, good escape.

I'm sure everyone will be satisfied with your wise decision to utilize KM2's mini-morlock boards. They are extremely versatile and very reliable. Even I am going to buy one now, that is, if you continue to do them of course considering your hassles and losses (are you losing?).

By the way, how many grams is the trigger switch that is provided with the morlocks and is that the same one you use?

Thanks, Ian

Arstron
02-20-2006, 08:49 AM
If anyone wants to sell their order yet just let me know! ;)

CoolHand
02-20-2006, 10:59 AM
Yes, good escape.

I'm sure everyone will be satisfied with your wise decision to utilize KM2's mini-morlock boards. They are extremely versatile and very reliable. Even I am going to buy one now, that is, if you continue to do them of course considering your hassles and losses (are you losing?).

By the way, how many grams is the trigger switch that is provided with the morlocks and is that the same one you use?

Thanks, Ian

I already have all the electronics here, save for the boards and the big connector they use.

The trigger switch is an Omron 25g switch. With the leverage ratio on this frame's trigger, you can barely feel the click (i don't think you'd feel it at all if you couldn't hear it).

I am losing money on them, though not a great amount. However, the point of this whole endeavor was supposed to be to make some money and provide Maggers with something they wanted very badly.

At least I managed to get the one part right . . . . . . . . .

grominou69
02-20-2006, 08:53 PM
ok so i will post here again since it seem to be the only place to see you coolhand ... i also tried to email you again concerning my fireblade trigger and you don't seem to receive my emails ... can you please just tell me , here or by email what happens to my order ?? it's been ordered in september ... if my blade was part of that anno batch that you been screwed with , just send me a raw one ... it will be just fine for me ...
please give me some news ... btw i know you didn't ran away with my money and i read every week what you write here so don't take this message as if i am pushing you ... i know all the problems you are getting trough but i just want to be sure you didn't forgot me with all the problems you had recently ...

CoolHand
02-20-2006, 09:29 PM
ok so i will post here again since it seem to be the only place to see you coolhand ... i also tried to email you again concerning my fireblade trigger and you don't seem to receive my emails ... can you please just tell me , here or by email what happens to my order ?? it's been ordered in september ... if my blade was part of that anno batch that you been screwed with , just send me a raw one ... it will be just fine for me ...
please give me some news ... btw i know you didn't ran away with my money and i read every week what you write here so don't take this message as if i am pushing you ... i know all the problems you are getting trough but i just want to be sure you didn't forgot me with all the problems you had recently ...

Yup, all the guys waiting on FireBlades were waiting on this batch. Your order will be going out with a raw unassembled trigger in the next week or so. I have a lot of back orders to ship.

Basically, I ship the FireBlades USPS since they aren't terribly expensive, and they don't weigh too much. That's why you haven't gotten a UPS number.

Rest assured, it will ship in the coming days. Every back order I had (except for EFrame orders) will be shipped in the next two weeks.

There are just a whole bunch of them to get through.

grominou69
02-21-2006, 12:51 AM
Yup, all the guys waiting on FireBlades were waiting on this batch. Your order will be going out with a raw unassembled trigger in the next week or so. I have a lot of back orders to ship.

Basically, I ship the FireBlades USPS since they aren't terribly expensive, and they don't weigh too much. That's why you haven't gotten a UPS number.

Rest assured, it will ship in the coming days. Every back order I had (except for EFrame orders) will be shipped in the next two weeks.

There are just a whole bunch of them to get through.

uh this may seem a stupid question but what do you mean by "unasembled" ?
is there sumtin' to assemble on a fireblade ?? :tard:

CoolHand
02-21-2006, 11:48 AM
uh this may seem a stupid question but what do you mean by "unasembled" ?
is there sumtin' to assemble on a fireblade ?? :tard:

It means that:

1) I can't spell "unassembled" correctly.

2) That the upper return magnet will come with the trigger, BUT it will not be glued in place. This is so you can have the trigger anodized if you like, without destroying the magnet. If you want to use it raw, just put a tiny dabb of JB Quick Weld (the stuff that's dry in two minutes) into the magnet pocket, press the magnet down into it, let it set up for an hour or so, and you're good to go.

grominou69
02-21-2006, 08:19 PM
It means that:

1) I can't spell "unassembled" correctly.

2) That the upper return magnet will come with the trigger, BUT it will not be glued in place. This is so you can have the trigger anodized if you like, without destroying the magnet. If you want to use it raw, just put a tiny dabb of JB Quick Weld (the stuff that's dry in two minutes) into the magnet pocket, press the magnet down into it, let it set up for an hour or so, and you're good to go.

lol yes you can spell unassembled right ... it's my error ...
so thanx that will be just too easy to "assemble" i think i will just dremel-polish it and have it clear annoed ... that will give the chrome-like look i wanted ;)

UTDragun
03-02-2006, 01:42 PM
any news on curt's boards?

UTDragun
03-07-2006, 03:37 PM
...its been a couple of weeks? any news? is the emag drop in board going to affect curts production of his boards?

CoolHand
03-07-2006, 06:48 PM
No, not really (the news part that is).

I haven't even heard anything on the EMag boards yet, are they in production now? Like for real this time?

CoolHand
03-07-2006, 07:33 PM
Huzzah!!!!

:ninja: Progress!

Called Curt and got the skinny.

Not only did I get my boards ordered (15 now, and the rest in about five or six weeks), but I found out that the EMag boards are going to fabrication on Thursday of this week.

That means that I can start on eye installs and what not, and that the EMag boards should be shipping in about a month.

Woo frickin' Hoo!!!

:headbang:

RTspag
03-07-2006, 08:15 PM
i'm confused lol, what and who's emag board? so we are getting a morlock for our logic frames, and then he's working on a emag drop in board? omg i need a emag board for my emag tooooooo. :confused:

Chronobreak
03-07-2006, 08:20 PM
i'm confused lol, what and who's emag board? so we are getting a morlock for our logic frames, and then he's working on a emag drop in board? omg i need a emag board for my emag tooooooo. :confused:

..lol :rofl: dont worry man it will all be OK

ryan, dont forget to bring one of these bad boys to AO-mo/il day :)

RTspag
03-07-2006, 08:36 PM
oh hell, haha i went and looked at the tag forums, i'm ok now.

tipp-ed off
03-07-2006, 09:03 PM
This is great news Ryan! Are you going to have the chance to anodize the frames and custom work(rails and such) or are the being shipped raw?

CoolHand
03-07-2006, 09:11 PM
They will get anodized, I am currently in the search for a new anodizer that I can trust.

None of my previous anodizers were worthy of touching one-off stuff, as you could never be sure the parts would come back in usable shape.

I've got a couple of leads, if all else fails, I guess we can go with PK Selective, and schedule them to ship next summer.

going_home
03-12-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm going to bring some stuff to a local guy here in the Tampa area
this week (if'n I can get off my butt and fine sand the stuff) and
I will post some pics and send you his number and address if you are interested.
I told him I had the parts for two markers that I needed anno'd, one marker
blue, one marker black, and he said 75.00 for both. Not each, BOTH.
So I'm a bit concerned about ruining a Chord and Karta body but I'm going
to try him anyway.

angel4life1
03-15-2006, 12:02 PM
They will get anodized, I am currently in the search for a new anodizer that I can trust.

None of my previous anodizers were worthy of touching one-off stuff, as you could never be sure the parts would come back in usable shape.

I've got a couple of leads, if all else fails, I guess we can go with PK Selective, and schedule them to ship next summer.

May I suggest www.absolutefinish.com ? They are great at annodizing, and have pretty good prices.

CoolHand
03-15-2006, 08:02 PM
May I suggest www.absolutefinish.com ? They are great at annodizing, and have pretty good prices.

I just spoke with them. I think I will send my Sterling I just got done to them as a test drive. If they screw that up, I will be so damned mad that I will drive to the west coast and kill everyone who touched it. lol I'm not bitter or anything though.

At least that way, after I go to prison, someone else can send off the UEF parts to a good anodizer, since none of them got screwed up.

We shall see.

dsrkd
03-16-2006, 12:43 AM
Coolhand,
Here's another place that my local shop uses. Also Jack & Coke used them for his great looking Shocker. Here's the address and the link to his thread. By the way he (Jack) used one of your frames.
Custom Metal Finishing In
(310) 532-5075
17804 S Western Ave
Gardena, CA
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1868799#post1868799

Phurious
03-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Just in the extremely REMOTE chance anyone needs cash, I'll give you the cash for your grip/gun, and take your place waiting. :rofl:

Chaos_Theory!
03-16-2006, 04:40 PM
I also have to suggest Absolute Finish. They are really great people to deal with. Not only that but they do amazing work at awesome prices.

CoolHand
03-26-2006, 10:59 PM
Quick update (if you can call it that).

I've contacted Curt and paid for the boards, but I have not seen any sign of them yet, nor have I heard from Curt since I called.

I have dispatched an email to Curt to see what is up.

I also have not yet sent the Sterling off to Absolute yet, as I just haven't gotten to it.

My big project at work is really spooling up, and I've been literally slammed. I spend at least three days a week on the road now, which doesn't leave a lot of time for paintball.

But, not to despair, I haven't forgotten about you all, it's just taking a long time.

BigEvil
03-27-2006, 07:42 AM

I've contacted Curt and paid for the boards, but I have not seen any sign of them yet, nor have I heard from Curt since I called.

Im in the same boat. I emailed Curt to see if he would take paypal for a board, which he did. I sent payment and he said he was shipping it that day or teh day after (Tues). The shipping options was 3-day, so I figured id have it by friday the latest. With everything going on in his personal life I hope nothing bad happened.

UTDragun
04-03-2006, 06:13 AM
bump

RTspag
04-10-2006, 10:10 PM
bump bump

CoolHand
04-10-2006, 10:50 PM
Still waiting on Curt. Surprise Surprise.

As much as I hate to say it, if WAS gets their micro EQ's out before these boards show up, I'm gonna bail on TAG and Curt both.

Bob and Curt are both great guys, but getting product from them is a crapshoot at best.

At least the weather is nice . . . . . . . .

Automaggot68
04-10-2006, 10:52 PM

As much as I hate to say it, if WAS gets their micro EQ's out before these boards show up, I'm gonna bail on TAG and Curt both.

Bob and Curt are both great guys, but getting product from them is a crapshoot at best.

HOW ABOUT ME?

Whoa, Caps lock, sorry.

CoolHand
04-10-2006, 11:20 PM
HOW ABOUT ME?

Whoa, Caps lock, sorry.

Negative Ghost Rider. No joy as of yet.

Work has been drop kicking my *** like an Icelandic weight lifting chic, except I'm not enjoying it.

Wait . . . . . . I said that out loud didn't I? :eek: Crap! :ninja:

Automaggot68
04-10-2006, 11:21 PM
Negative Ghost Rider. No joy as of yet.

Work has been drop kicking my *** like an Icelandic weight lifting chic, except I'm not enjoying it.

Wait . . . . . . I said that out loud didn't I? :eek: Crap! :ninja:

I wish you still loved me.

CoolHand
04-10-2006, 11:30 PM
I wish you still loved me.

Sorry man, I now worship solely at the altar of the almighty dollar.

The new job frickin rules, plus I was kinda tired of being broke all the time.

Now I can pay off my debts, and have a good time in the process. I am going at a steady run six days a week now though, so you all gotta bear with me here. I have three multi-million dollar projects that I am responsible for right now, so I can't really slack up at the moment. Once I get the big one polished off in a couple of months I will have more time (hopefully anyway).

On an up side, if I didn't have this whiz bang new job, I'd likely have gone broke trying to fund this project out of my own pocket. I'm not sure how I managed it, but some way or the other, this project is costing way more money than it was supposed to.

At this point, profit is only a distant memory. I'm more concerned with not losing any more money that necessary to complete things, and still get them done before we all die of old age.

I am still here though, so there's that . . . . . . :cheers:

RTspag
04-11-2006, 07:29 PM
I am still here though, so there's that . . . . . . :cheers:

:cheers: cheers mate :rofl:

Arstron
04-14-2006, 11:00 AM
If anyone wants to sell their spot in line, I still would like to get one of these frames. :D

UTDragun
04-19-2006, 06:21 AM
any news?

CoolHand
04-19-2006, 02:19 PM
any news?

I have not heard from Curt nor gotten any boards in a month. Big surprise. :rolleyes:

I'm tracking down other possibilities such as the new WAS boards, but dealing with them is like dangling your wedding tackle in a bear trap.

I've also got the EIT this weekend, so I'm studying hard core.

Basically, the week is only half over, and I already feel like I've been mauled by Jesus.

Other than that, nothing. :ninja:

tipp-ed off
04-19-2006, 08:33 PM
If anyone wants to sell their spot in line, I still would like to get one of these frames. :D

Give me a few more weeks to here some good news but I might be interested.

Arstron
04-20-2006, 07:16 AM
Give me a few more weeks to here some good news but I might be interested.

Thanks but I belive I have found one I am going to buy, if somthing happens and I dont end up with it I will let you know. I cant wait to join the Ripper family. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Corbet
04-20-2006, 11:02 PM
This may have been asked before and I know you have your hands full with this project but are there any plans to create a vertical electric fram like the Logic Ripper EM?

I realize your stepping down from development of new products/ideas but you can't! AGD hasnt released anything new in ages!

CoolHand
04-20-2006, 11:18 PM
This may have been asked before and I know you have your hands full with this project but are there any plans to create a vertical electric fram like the Logic Ripper EM?

I realize your stepping down from development of new products/ideas but you can't! AGD hasnt released anything new in ages!

Nope, I sure ain't.

I'm gonna lose my *** on these things as it is right now. Sure don't want to start ANOTHER batch of things I'll lose thousands on. I'm no grand business man, but I know better than to make the same mistake twice.

Now, I might do a one off, but it would be so damned expensive, your head would turn inside out when I told you the price. ;)

Automaggot68
04-20-2006, 11:42 PM
Nope, I sure ain't.

I'm gonna lose my *** on these things as it is right now. Sure don't want to start ANOTHER batch of things I'll lose thousands on. I'm no grand business man, but I know better than to make the same mistake twice.

Now, I might do a one off, but it would be so damned expensive, your head would turn inside out when I told you the price. ;)

I sent out the part to you today.
You'd have to drill and tap the front of it, but I dont think it'll be too much work.
If Not, WE can mount ti sidesaddle on the On/off
I figure this Phantom ASA will help ALOT.
Also.
Gimme yer proto board.
kthx.

CoolHand
04-21-2006, 12:04 AM
I sent out the part to you today.
You'd have to drill and tap thee front of it, but I dont think it'll be too much work.
If Not, WE can mount ti sidesaddle on the On/off
I figure this Phantom ASA will help ALOT.
Also.
Gimme yer proto board.
kthx.

It's not gonna happen weedhopper, it's best to just resign yourself to this fact. ;)

I'll do the best I can, that's all I'm gonna say about that.

BTW, once again, at the end of this day, I feel like I have been mauled by Jesus.

I'm going to bed now.

Automaggot68
04-21-2006, 12:07 AM
It's not gonna happen weedhopper, it's best to just resign yourself to this fact. ;)

I'll do the best I can, that's all I'm gonna say about that.

BTW, once again, at the end of this day, I feel like I have been mauled by Jesus.

I'm going to bed now.

Aeronautica86
04-21-2006, 12:42 AM

I didn't know about this thread until now when I just saw it, so I didn't know what was up. I PMed you regarding this a few days ago...so what would be the approximate cost of a single (price of entire new marker plus your electro frame and eyes)?

going_home
04-22-2006, 10:36 AM
Did you ever receive any boards for the electro-pnuematic frames/markers ?
If so which one did you go with ?
And what does this choice mean in terms of what it will do versus the predater
you were going to install ?
Less/more choices on modes, faster/slower, etc.

Let me tell you that I appreciate you taking the time to respond
to posts and emails, and giving updates, even if its just every so often.

Especially seeing how the Ga Devil has stopped responding to email
and AO post inquiries about the money and or markers they sent to him.

Arstron
04-22-2006, 12:05 PM
I am proud to say that I just sent my money to B&R Automag to buy his spot inline for one of these trigger frames. I am glad to be a part of the few that will have the best electronic trigger frame available for mags. :cheers:

Automaggot68
04-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Did you ever receive any boards for the electro-pnuematic frames/markers ?
If so which one did you go with ?
And what does this choice mean in terms of what it will do versus the predater
you were going to install ?
Less/more choices on modes, faster/slower, etc.

Let me tell you that I appreciate you taking the time to respond
to posts and emails, and giving updates, even if its just every so often.

Especially seeing how the Ga Devil has stopped responding to email
and AO post inquiries about the money and or markers they sent to him.

He's already answered most of these questions, scroll up.

going_home
04-22-2006, 06:57 PM

He said he contacted Curt sir.
That means nothing to me, I dont know who Curt is or what board he makes.

And even knowing what board it is Ryan got to put in the frames
doesnt tell me how they stack up against the Predater.
What the differences, how many modes, etc.
So thank you, I have been reading this thread, and I wouldnt
have asked the questions, Automaggot68, if my questions had been answered.

So you may be all up on the latest boards and what they do, but some people in here
arent, and need stuff spelled out, thank you very much.

Automaggot68
04-22-2006, 07:02 PM
He said he contacted Curt sir.
That means nothing to me, I dont know who Curt is or what board he makes.

And even knowing what board it is Ryan got to put in the frames
doesnt tell me how they stack up against the Predater.
What the differences, how many modes, etc.
So thank you, I have been reading this thread, and I wouldnt
have asked the questions, Automaggot68, if my questions had been answered.

So you may be all up on the latest boards and what they do, but some people in here
arent, and need stuff spelled out, thank you very much.

Don't Sass Me, girly.
if you had been paying attention, you'd have known this.
I got ALL of this on page.....DUN DUN DUN.....21.
Learn to read.

Huzzah!!!!

:ninja: Progress!

Called Curt and got the skinny.

Not only did I get my boards ordered (15 now, and the rest in about five or six weeks), but I found out that the EMag boards are going to fabrication on Thursday of this week.

That means that I can start on eye installs and what not, and that the EMag boards should be shipping in about a month.

Woo frickin' Hoo!!!

Then.

I also have not yet sent the Sterling off to Absolute yet, as I just haven't gotten to it.

My big project at work is really spooling up, and I've been literally slammed. I spend at least three days a week on the road now, which doesn't leave a lot of time for paintball.

But, not to despair, I haven't forgotten about you all, it's just taking a long time.

I have not heard from Curt nor gotten any boards in a month. Big surprise. :rolleyes:

I'm tracking down other possibilities such as the new WAS boards, but dealing with them is like dangling your wedding tackle in a bear trap.

I've also got the EIT this weekend, so I'm studying hard core.

Basically, the week is only half over, and I already feel like I've been mauled by Jesus.

Other than that, nothing. :ninja:

going_home
04-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Don't Sass Me, girly.
if you had been paying attention, you'd have known this.
I got ALL of this on page.....DUN DUN DUN.....21.
Learn to read.

Then.

Ok then, after all that why dont you tell me which board is going to be in my marker then sir ?

Automaggot68
04-22-2006, 10:27 PM
Ok then, after all that why dont you tell me which board is going to be in my marker then sir ?

The Predator II if Ryan recieves them from Bob/Curt.
If not, He's looking into the W.A.S. MicroEQ's.
Anything else?

SpecialBlend2786
04-22-2006, 11:33 PM
Anything else?

:hail:

Automaggot68
04-22-2006, 11:38 PM
:hail:

Booyah.

CoolHand
04-23-2006, 03:41 PM

Yeah, pretty much.

JD refuses to sell wholesale to me, because I have the ability to use the intrawebs, so I could sell them online and undercut his MSRP. Jackass. So, if I do EQ's they're gonna have to be bought at retail prices . . . . . . hundreds more down the drains.

No word from Curt at all, I have no idea what's going on there.

That is all.

Derek - Be nice.

Everyone Else - Be nice too.

Automaggot68
04-23-2006, 05:49 PM
Derek - Be nice.

Everyone Else - Be nice too.

/growl

going_home
04-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Anything else?

Well thanks for an answer. :D
All these Bobs, Curts, abreviations, W.A.S, EQ's have my head spinning.
Ok so I have no idea who these people are or what the abreviations mean. :tard:

CoolHand
04-23-2006, 07:21 PM
Well thanks for an answer. :D
All these Bobs, Curts, abreviations, W.A.S, EQ's have my head spinning.
Ok so I have no idea who these people are or what the abreviations mean. :tard:

Sorry man, I've know these people for a while now, so I sometimes forget that not everyone knows who works where.

Bob = Bob Sandifer owner of TAG Sportz (formerly The Angel Guy)

Curt = Curt Hartung owner of KM2 (Kenshaw Mountain Markers), the genius behind the Pred and Morlock boards

Jim / JD = Jim Drew former owner of (though I am pretty sure he is still in charge, just sold out to an LLC to insulate himself from liabilty suits when they started shipping ramping code) WAS (Wicked Air Sportz), creator of the Equalizer (EQ) boards that made the Timmys so popular.

That should about do it.

Corbet
04-24-2006, 06:52 PM
Hey CoolHand -

I remember when you first started you did milling of classic rails for a small fee (to make them lighter and look like your own logic milled rails)

I was just wondering if you'd be willing to do it again? I ended up selling off my milled rail (damn it!) when I thought I was getting out of paintball.

CoolHand
04-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Nope, sorry.

Working on used customer parts was a PITA.

Automaggot68
04-24-2006, 08:02 PM
Nope, sorry.

Working on used customer parts was a PITA.

The part went out today, expect it soon, shipped prioity.
Shipped to the 801 Address.

UTDragun
05-05-2006, 06:01 AM
any news?

CoolHand
05-05-2006, 06:53 PM
any news?

Things still to do:

Three or four eye installs and rail milling.
Have the boards actually show up.
Send off for ano and have it come back.
Install guts.
Wish I had profited.

Basically, I email Curt every few days to a week, asking where my boards are. He responds with a confused "I was told they had been shipped already!?!" and then says he will figure it out. Another week passes, and I get no boards. Rinse, repeat, look for other boards, find none.

I'll go dispatch my third email of this week to him, and see what happens.

You know, performing the exact same action over and over, while each time expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity. That must make me a ---> :tard:

going_home
05-06-2006, 08:17 PM
I for one appreciate you taking the time to update us.
Thanks

BigEvil
05-06-2006, 10:13 PM
You know, performing the exact same action over and over, while each time expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity. That must make me a ---> :tard:

LOL kinda of sounds like the EXACT routine I have with Curt.

"Has is shipped yet"?
"sorry, no tomorrow"

"Has is shipped yet"?
"sorry, no tomorrow"

"Has is shipped yet"?
"sorry, no tomorrow"

"Has is shipped yet"?
"sorry, no tomorrow"

"Has is shipped yet"?
"sorry, no tomorrow"

"Has is shipped yet"?
"sorry, no tomorrow"

"Has is shipped yet"?
"sorry, no tomorrow"

"Has is shipped yet"?
"sorry, no tomorrow"

Stealthed_Banana
05-07-2006, 12:12 AM
Things still to do:

Three or four eye installs and rail milling.
Have the boards actually show up.
Send off for ano and have it come back.
Install guts.
Wish I had profited.

Basically, I email Curt every few days to a week, asking where my boards are. He responds with a confused "I was told they had been shipped already!?!" and then says he will figure it out. Another week passes, and I get no boards. Rinse, repeat, look for other boards, find none.

I'll go dispatch my third email of this week to him, and see what happens.

What about the blue-pewter faded Dallara?
Do any work on that one yet?

CoolHand
05-07-2006, 12:13 AM
Tell me about it. No reply to the last email yet.

If I could find an alternative, I surely would take it, as they have long since pissed me off.

But, try as I might, I cannot find a board that will do what I want it to do, and still fit in the space I need it to.

The whole deal just makes me angry.

When I screw something up, I own up to it, and take my *** eating. Bob and Curt have stepped on their wee wee's in one way or another here, that much is obvious. But still they say nothing, and continue on as if all is well. Full steam ahead!

Meanwhile, the ship is on fire and slowly sinking, while everyone who can swim jumps over the aft rail.

Pretty soon, it's just gonna be me, Bob, and Curt, on a smoking half waterlogged ship.

I hate that this is taking so long, I really do, but I have basically exhausted all of my options at this point. We have to wait it out.

That said, if WAS comes out with the MicroEQ before Curt gets my boards to me, I am totally bailing. Even if it is JD, and I have to pay retail for them, I'm so pissed now that I'd just about do it for spite.

That's about it, if I had a :ninja: on call, I'd be sending his sneaky *** to GA, that is for sure and for certain.

:rofl:

CoolHand
05-07-2006, 12:17 AM
What about the blue-pewter faded Dallara?
Do any work on that one yet?

Nope, I haven't touched any of the eye installs yet, and I'm not going to until I know what boards I am getting.

Otherwise, if I have to change boards, something could be different about the eyes, or the on/off switch, or anything, and previously done machine work could totally screw us.

Nope, there aren't that many to do, so I am not even starting until the parts going in are finalized.

To do otherwise is to invite disaster upon an already snake bit project.

RTspag
05-08-2006, 12:24 AM
man oh man. :dance: .... this banana is for you coolhand lol.

angel4life1
05-12-2006, 01:23 PM
You might be able to use Freestyle boards. They are about the size of mini morlocks. I installed one into a shocker I have and it worked perfect. The microswitch is mounted on the board, but what I did was unsolder it and then used some 24g wire to extend it. I used a Stock predator lite board. If you decide to use them, I can refer you to someone who has stacks of them and he will sell them pretty cheap.

Arstron
05-12-2006, 01:57 PM
You might be able to use Freestyle boards. They are about the size of mini morlocks. I installed one into a shocker I have and it worked perfect. The microswitch is mounted on the board, but what I did was unsolder it and then used some 24g wire to extend it. I used a Stock predator lite board. If you decide to use them, I can refer you to someone who has stacks of them and he will sell them pretty cheap.

That is true, you might be able to get a hold of Rocky about getting some freestyle Nox boards as well. The stock FS boards have to be flashed with predator lite except for the 05 Pro and FS7 as well as the new FS-8. They are pretty small, roughly half an inch wide and 1 1/2" to 2" long (wish I still had mine so I could measure it).

CoolHand
05-12-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm looking at the '06 Borg boards too.

But I'm not really wanting to spend $180 a pop (by the time I get all the wires and crap bought at retail). I gotta call and see about setting up a dealership.

Apple_Pie
05-15-2006, 07:46 PM
Even though this is still looking a little sketchy at the moment, Im curious to see if anyone is selling their spots. If so, email me at minikanimadness@gmail.com

CoolHand
05-15-2006, 07:52 PM
Even though this is still looking a little sketchy at the moment, Im curious to see if anyone is selling their spots. If so, email me at minikanimadness@gmail.com

If you think it's sketchy, don't buy a spot. I'm not going to jump through hoops to assure you that I am genuine. My continued presence through all the delays should be proof enough that I'm on the level.

Plus, I don't want to have to deal with an impatient customer who came in mid-stroke thinking he would have a marker in a week.

I just won't do it.

If you can wait patiently like every person on the list currently, then by all means, otherwise I don't want any.

Apple_Pie
05-21-2006, 09:04 PM
Oh, you misunderstood me. I don't care about waiting. Im patient guy. I got another marker to use while waiting. I used sketchy as you still are figuring things out, such as the boards. Sorry for the misinterpretation. I haven't found much on anyone selling their spot currently anyway. But Il still be lurking around, atleast to see a few of the completely projects.

warbeak2099
05-22-2006, 08:02 PM
Then you misused sketchy. The deal is incomplete and still in progress. Not sketchy. Sketchy means he would be not replying to this thread and not keeping anyone updated.

Apple_Pie
05-22-2006, 08:50 PM
Ive always just gone by the definition, incomplete. Which at this point it appears to be. The gun itself is still incomplete. Either way, still not a big deal or anything. Just a little mistake.

tipp-ed off
05-27-2006, 01:28 PM
Not trying to be too impatient but...any new developments yet Coolhand?
I don't know if this has been brought up before or not, but what if we can supply you with our own boards? I can get a mini-morlock from someone I know.

CoolHand
05-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Well, as it happens, I needed to post an update anyway.

Yesterday, KM2 delivered eight (8) of the 25 minimorlocks I ordered.

This means I can get started on the machine work and ano.

I will be doing the work and assembling these in the order they were bought, so the first nine will get theirs first, and the others as I find boards.

I am very sorry to do it like this, but it's the only fair way to go about it.

And yes, if you can find a board, I will use it. It must be a mini-morlock, predator morlock, or predator II though. No other boards will fit. I will issue a refund for the price of board if you take this option.

These ain't gonna happen overnight, but they will start to move now.

Progress at last. YAY! :clap:

zackzel
05-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Awsome update :headbang:

I think I have like the seventh slot so mine should get started.

Any thoughts on how you are going to do the covers for the Karta yet Ryan?

Now just crossing my fingers this will be done by October, I really want to use this in the owners group tournament.

slimc
05-27-2006, 11:25 PM
Will you post the order, or be e-mailing the first few lucky ones. I think that I was 3rd or 4th? :clap:

SpecialBlend2786
05-27-2006, 11:29 PM
HEY RYAN, GUESS WHAT?!

you rock.

/regrets selling his spot in line for textbook money
//should have sold a kidney
///will just have to steal Dereks mag :ninja:

RTspag
05-28-2006, 02:14 AM
pfft, i'm 4th :p

UTDragun
05-28-2006, 04:45 PM
with my luck, I was probably #9

Corbet
05-29-2006, 03:11 PM
Question:

Ever think about selling just the internals? Could someone modify a frame to make something similiar?

going_home
05-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Well, as it happens, I needed to post an update anyway.

Yesterday, KM2 delivered eight (8) of the 25 minimorlocks I ordered.

This means I can get started on the machine work and ano.

I will be doing the work and assembling these in the order they were bought, so the first nine will get theirs first, and the others as I find boards.

I am very sorry to do it like this, but it's the only fair way to go about it.

And yes, if you can find a board, I will use it. It must be a mini-morlock, predator morlock, or predator II though. No other boards will fit. I will issue a refund for the price of board if you take this option.

These ain't gonna happen overnight, but they will start to move now.

Progress at last. YAY! :clap:

going_home wonders what number in line he is ?
time to sell the 06 Ego now ?????

Arstron
05-29-2006, 04:31 PM
the spot inline thay I bought is supposed to be one of the first five. I think I'm as excited now as when I paid for the frame :)

going_home
05-29-2006, 07:40 PM
the spot inline thay I bought is supposed to be one of the first five. I think I'm as excited now as when I paid for the frame :)

But that would put you at the back of the line wouldnt it.
Being that you came in last.

DaveSM
05-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Great news Coolhand :)

Would it be possible to give out a list of the lucky ones?

SpecialBlend2786
05-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Great news Coolhand :)

Would it be possible to give out a list of the lucky ones?

I know Derek has frame #1
I used to have #2, but that spot went to Phurious.

not sure about the others, but those are the two luckiest guys right now.

zackzel
05-29-2006, 08:50 PM
I know Derek has frame #1
I used to have #2, but that spot went to Phurious.

not sure about the others, but those are the two luckiest guys right now.

I bought MadPsience's spot in line, and going through this whole thread it appears to me that he either had the third or fourth spot, so I would say I am in, YAY!!

tipp-ed off
05-29-2006, 09:56 PM
with my luck, I was probably #9

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Phurious
05-30-2006, 12:29 PM
Woo Hoo! :headbang: Close now . . . anyone want to buy a used D-Mag? :D

DaveSM
05-30-2006, 01:57 PM
9/27/2005...

I don't know how far I am on the list...

EDIT : Do someone remember how many were sold when CoolHand released the video?

RTspag
05-30-2006, 03:23 PM
i bought mine around 9/24/05, when there was 11 out of the original 15 spots left.

DaveSM
05-30-2006, 03:48 PM
Youhou, then I'm probably one of the lucky ones :)

UTDragun
05-30-2006, 06:41 PM
should we take a vote for Coolhand to release the names of the chosen few?

RTspag
05-30-2006, 07:51 PM
pfft, for people who bought other people's spots in line just recently, no cutting, back of the line you tools lol :rolleyes:

going_home
05-30-2006, 08:10 PM
pfft, for people who bought other people's spots in line just recently, no cutting, back of the line you tools lol :rolleyes:

Fair is fair, you come to the game late, you get the leftover seats.
I agree. If you bought someone elses spot, you should go to the back of the line. :nono:
But its not our opinions that count, its the guy thats building them.
He will do it in the order he thinks is right.

But I think it would be nice to know what the spot names and numbers are. :D

Arstron
05-30-2006, 09:31 PM
Fair is fair, you come to the game late, you get the leftover seats.
I agree. If you bought someone elses spot, you should go to the back of the line. :nono:
But its not our opinions that count, its the guy thats building them.
He will do it in the order he thinks is right.

But I think it would be nice to know what the spot names and numbers are. :D

True, its all up to coolhand, but here is my oppinion. If you buy somones spot in line, then that should be your spot. Some people might pay extra to get one of the early spots.

Just my 2 cents.

zackzel
05-31-2006, 08:24 AM
True, its all up to coolhand, but here is my oppinion. If you buy somones spot in line, then that should be your spot. Some people might pay extra to get one of the early spots.

Just my 2 cents.

This is my opinion as well, because I bought someone else's spot early enough that I could have just bought a spot in line, hell when I bought that spot I think there were under like 10 frames sold for sure. I bought that spot because I would get my product earlier. So I wasn't buying the product per say I was buying that actual spot in line.

RTspag
05-31-2006, 09:37 AM
you wanna walk the plank! :argh: arrrrrg. wow it's too early for me, crap, i have to go hop in the company truck and makes sales calls....

CoolHand
06-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Sorry for the late reply guys, i got bant for speaking my mind. lol Gotta stop doing that.

Anyway, I'm gonna roll through the orders via the date on the original invoice, regardless of who owns said spot now.

I will post up the names of the nine guys I have boards for, if that is OK with everyone.

You remaining few, do not despair. I have a line on some other boards, totally different, but maybe a little more full featured. Talking to Goldie about his '06 Chaos boards. Keep your fingers crossed, if they will work, you guys will have Vlinks to tinker around on them with, as well as the ramping modes and such.

If your name appears on the mini-morlock list, and you would rather wait for the Chaos boards (assuming they will work, and they aren't six months off), just say so, and I will bump up the next guy in line.

Also, if you get a mini-morlock, and have to have the ramping modes, TAG will flash your board for $25 IIRC, but I'm not sending them down there. They have been utterly unreliable in the past, and I don't want my stuff held hostage for months over a simple ROM flash.

Ok, that should bring us to the present. I need to shake out all the parts, and get these things organized so I can start the machine work for the ones that need it.

I will also be confirming colors and engraving as I go along. When I post here for you to look, be on the lookout for an email from me, but not before. I don't want 40 posts and emails from people asking if I'm ready for their info yet. When I need it, i will let you know.

That is all. Thanks for holding on patiently guys, I really appreciate it.

:cheers:

zackzel
06-01-2006, 03:00 PM
No problem Ryan, I can be patient as long as I'm updated. Thank you for taking the time to update us. And now that things are starting to move along I think all will definatly be well.

DaveSM
06-01-2006, 04:29 PM
I think posting name is fair to everyone.

Thanks for this Update Ryan. I'll be watching this thread to see when my name comes up.

going_home
06-02-2006, 08:08 PM
You remaining few, do not despair. I have a line on some other boards, totally different, but maybe a little more full featured. Talking to Goldie about his '06 Chaos boards. Keep your fingers crossed, if they will work, you guys will have Vlinks to tinker around on them with, as well as the ramping modes and such.

Also, if you get a mini-morlock, and have to have the ramping modes, TAG will flash your board for $25 IIRC, but I'm not sending them down there. They have been utterly unreliable in the past, and I don't want my stuff held hostage for months over a simple ROM flash.

The boys at goapeonline.com can get you some mini boards produced
pretty quick.
I saw the A5 with their board in it at Tampa NPPL and it was pretty sick.
It was as fast ramping as my 06 Ego, but the A5 does weigh a ton though.
AO'er diveanx is the guy to talk to.

CoolHand
06-03-2006, 01:33 AM
The boys at goapeonline.com can get you some mini boards produced
pretty quick.
I saw the A5 with their board in it at Tampa NPPL and it was pretty sick.
It was as fast ramping as my 06 Ego, but the A5 does weigh a ton though.
AO'er diveanx is the guy to talk to.

Talked with them too, but Goldie has a product in the pipeline already, which is robust and not custom made for me (all of which means it should be cheaper than a just-for-me product). This also means he should be able to deliver in relatively short order.

I just looked over the VLink software, and it is very nice. I'm very impressed so far, hopefully his delivery will hold.

Hang in there guys, we're rolling now.

zackzel
06-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Hang in there guys, we're rolling now.

Thats what I like to hear

RTspag
06-03-2006, 10:28 PM
great, just what i needed, my uncontrollable drool and neck twitch are back... they come hand in hand with hope and optimism.

RFLMN1
06-07-2006, 03:27 AM
Can you tell me which spot in line I bought from Emag2005? Thanks
Jason

RTspag
06-10-2006, 05:31 PM
*bump* so are the spots/order getting posted or anything.

CoolHand
06-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Alrighty here we go:

1 - Derek Rhodes - Custom Install
2 - Greg Wong - Bolt-On
3 - Randall Briggs - Bolt-On
4 - Colin Hanel - Bolt-On
5 - Richard Anderson - Bolt-On
6 - Brian Strauch - Bolt-On
7 - Matt Hirota - Bolt-On
8 - David Brassard - Custom Install
9 - Martin Rudzki - Complete Custom Marker

Well, that's the list anyway.

DaveSM
06-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Hurray :)

I'm on the list :)

Before you send my marker to anodization let me know because I once again changed my mind but for the last time :rofl:

CoolHand
06-10-2006, 10:30 PM
Hurray :)

I'm on the list :)

Before you send my marker to anodization let me know because I once again changed my mind but for the last time :rofl:

I'll hit you with an email to verify all that stuff when I get yours ready for ano.

That goes for everyone.

When it's time for ano I will email you to confirm your choices.

going_home
06-11-2006, 05:46 AM
Alrighty here we go:

2 - Greg Wong - Bolt-On
5 - Richard Anderson - Bolt-On

I think I speak for all the people that bought into your project,
even though some may not be in the first batch (including me :cry: ),
it is much appreciated the way you are keeping us updated.
Thanks

zackzel
06-11-2006, 07:59 AM
Alrighty here we go:

2 - Greg Wong - Bolt-On
5 - Richard Anderson - Bolt-On <- Thats the spot I bought

Ryan mine wasn't just a bolt on though, I sent you my Karta body, valve and all the other stuff. You still have that stuff floating around right?

CoolHand
06-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Ryan mine wasn't just a bolt on though, I sent you my Karta body, valve and all the other stuff. You still have that stuff floating around right?

Guys, you gotta use your real names with me, I have no idea which handle goes with which name.

Please don't be insulted, I've just got like a thousand names kicking around all the time.

Just forward a copy of your PayPal invoice to me so I can update my records.

Sorry for the mixups, there is a crapload of paperwork on these things, and many of you changed your minds about five times, so it's all jumbled up.

That's why I'm gonna confirm what needs to be done on each one when it's number comes up.

That way there aren't any crap ups.

I think I speak for all the people that bought into your project,
even though some may not be in the first batch (including me ),
it is much appreciated the way you are keeping us updated.
Thanks

Not a problem. You all have a lot of money out. I am doing my best to see that you get what you paid for. I timely manner is basically out of the picture at this point, but the rest I can take care of.

Hang in there all, we'll get it eventually.

zackzel
06-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Guys, you gotta use your real names with me, I have no idea which handle goes with which name.

My real name is Zack Zelehoski, I bought Richard Andersons Spot in line so I don't have a paypal reciept for you I can email you the reciept for paying him if you want.

CoolHand
06-14-2006, 08:08 PM
My real name is Zack Zelehoski, I bought Richard Andersons Spot in line so I don't have a paypal reciept for you I can email you the reciept for paying him if you want.

If you sent it in, it's still here in the original packaging, waiting for your turn in line.

I will fix the list to reflect the corrected info.

2 - Greg Wong - Complete Custom Marker
5 - Zack Zelehoski - Custom Install

Carbon Blue
06-16-2006, 01:08 PM
Hey there CoolHand! totally off topic question but I dont know if you check your PMs so i posted here, I purchased an Ultimate Mech Mag frame from you a while back and was wondering if these trigger pins would work with your frame?

http://www.buyluckypaintball.com/servlet/Detail?no=12

if they do work which length would need to be purchased? short? medium or long? thanks again

RFLMN1
06-19-2006, 04:04 AM
I bought EMag2005s spot, I cant get ahold of him, do you remember his name by any chance? Thanks

Jason

CoolHand
06-19-2006, 09:47 AM
I bought EMag2005s spot, I cant get ahold of him, do you remember his name by any chance? Thanks

Jason

If you give me your full name (via PM if you don't want to post it), I can cross reference my files and see if i can dig up his contact info for you.

He didn't stiff you or anything, did he?

RFLMN1
06-25-2006, 12:37 AM
Jason Davis, He didnt stiff me, I sent you the money and you forwarded it to him. Thanks

Phurious
06-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Any updates?

UTDragun
07-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Any updates?
what he said.

CoolHand
07-02-2006, 12:47 AM
what he said.

I am currently workin on #1.

I will post pics when I get the machine work done.

Sit tight folks, things are happening, just slowly.

UTDragun
07-03-2006, 09:07 AM
I am currently workin on #1.

I will post pics when I get the machine work done.

Sit tight folks, things are happening, just slowly.
you and your stupid "Real" job :rolleyes:

what i meant to ask was
any updates on the chaos board situation?

CoolHand
07-03-2006, 06:38 PM
you and your stupid "Real" job :rolleyes:

what i meant to ask was
any updates on the chaos board situation?

Yes, in fact.

Goldie sent over one of the prototype boards, and it looks very good. I think we've got a winner here folks.

Now I'm back to square one to start collecting up the parts to install them again.

RTspag
07-03-2006, 09:52 PM
Now I'm back to square one to start collecting up the parts to install them again.

so i still blame this whole thing on TAG. gosh i complain alot.

CoolHand
07-04-2006, 01:17 AM
so i still blame this whole thing on TAG. gosh i complain alot.

Do what now? :confused:

Arstron
07-04-2006, 09:23 AM
coolhand, does this mean all the frames will have the chaos boards? I hope so, they seem to be a very nice board.

RTspag
07-04-2006, 11:50 AM
i was talking to myself coolhand. :ninja: online no doubt.

UTDragun
07-04-2006, 04:57 PM
coolhand, does this mean all the frames will have the chaos boards? I hope so, they seem to be a very nice board.
I think the first 9 will have the predator and the rest will have the chaos. maybe? read back, im sure youll find your answer

CoolHand
07-04-2006, 05:30 PM
I think the first 9 will have the predator and the rest will have the chaos. maybe? read back, im sure youll find your answer

Actually, if Goldie can get me the 25 I've ordered pretty quickly, I will use the Chaos boards only. That will make sourcing parts and building harnesses much quicker, and IMO, the boards and programming are nicer. You get the VLink with the board and the software to adjust the settings from any computer with a parallel port. Pretty sweet stuff.

I should know exactly what's going down in a week or two for sure.

eNder159
07-12-2006, 08:06 AM
sooo is it too late to order one =X or will i have to end up waiting a couple years for one? LOL

warbeak2099
07-12-2006, 08:24 AM
Yes it's too late. He only made a limited amount and they've all been purchased. if someone's willing to sell though, you can buy their spot in line.

eNder159
07-12-2006, 09:29 AM
hmm well i guess its time to hack up my intelliframe and make it a pneuframe

CoolHand
07-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Yes it's too late. He only made a limited amount and they've all been purchased. if someone's willing to sell though, you can buy their spot in line.

That's not entirely true.

I have sold 15.

I have parts enough to build 25.

And with about a month's work, I could do another 25.

But I'm not taking any more orders until I get the preorders all done and out the door.

TackleDummy
07-12-2006, 10:16 PM
And here I thought I had completely missed out. I did get a ultimate mechanical frame though, so I guess that can tide me over until more of these get sold.

Phurious
07-15-2006, 07:57 AM
I was under the impression that all the components for the first 8 markers had arrived, and if a buyer chose to, they could give up their place and wait for the Chaos boards. Is this no longer the case? Are we all going to have to wait for the Chaos boards?

CoolHand
07-15-2006, 01:18 PM
I was under the impression that all the components for the first 8 markers had arrived, and if a buyer chose to, they could give up their place and wait for the Chaos boards. Is this no longer the case? Are we all going to have to wait for the Chaos boards?

No, you are all waiting on me to complete them.

I am currently working on #1. Since it is a full custom, it's going to take a little while to complete.

You all just gotta hang in there, I don't have the free time I used to, so the weekends is basically the only time I can really devote to this project now, and I don't even have every weekend free.

Hang in there guys, I am working on them, it's just slow going.

lostrock
07-15-2006, 08:28 PM
you get the preorders done let me know because i want one

RTspag
07-27-2006, 08:15 PM
bump bump bump bump :eek: lol. :ninja:

CoolHand
07-28-2006, 12:06 AM
Currently working on Derek's machine work.

I'm about 25% done with his machine work, but I am also out of time for the moment.

Hang in there, it is moving along.

It's always a good sign when chips have been made.

CoolHand
08-02-2006, 10:50 PM
This week and next are a total wash, sorry guys.

I'm going on three 16 hr days in a row now, with no end is sight.

Please be patient fellows, I hope to god that things slow down by October. (This project must be delivered on Oct 3rd, so it HAS to be done, or we take it on the chin with liquidated damages).

When I get the chance, I have to cut Derek's eye covers, clearance the VA for the LP hosing, bore and tap the LPR port, and cut an adapter plate.

Still a lot of work on his marker, but hey, it's a nearly ground up custom, so it's gonna have a lot of fab work in it. It's gonna be sweet as hell though. Even I'm stoked to see it finished. :ninja:

Still waiting on Sam from Vapor Works to get me those boards, but he actually answers my emails and I believe him when he says it shouldn't be much longer (they end up with the wrong mosfet someplace, or something like that, so the whole batch needed some work).

At any rate, there's the best update I can manage in my weakened state ( :argh: ), hopefully I will get a break in a week or so and I can make some more chips. Then maybe we can have a few pics.

Arstron
08-03-2006, 06:00 AM
Thanks for that update, I can't wait to see those pictures of the current progress, it sounds like somone is going to have an amazing gun.

I have already talked to coolhand, but for everyone else, I did recive a new chaos board a couple days ago. You guys will be very pleased with the vlink software, it makes programing the board a breeze.

UTDragun
08-10-2006, 10:38 PM
bump back to page 1

CoolHand
08-10-2006, 11:09 PM
Not a lot to report, except that Goldie has gotten me an invoice for the boards, which means they should be pretty durned close to shipping.

They will come with the VLink cable and software, which is nice.

I currently have Derek's frame scattered out on my desk, pondering how I want to do a couple of things.

It ain't moving real fast, since I have almost no free time, but it is still moving along.

Hang in there guys.

SpecialBlend2786
08-11-2006, 04:37 AM
Not a lot to report, except that Goldie has gotten me an invoice for the boards, which means they should be pretty durned close to shipping.

They will come with the VLink cable and software, which is nice.

I currently have Derek's frame scattered out on my desk, pondering how I want to do a couple of things.

It ain't moving real fast, since I have almost no free time, but it is still moving along.

Hang in there guys.

Keep on truckin' :cheers:

Glad to see things are working out for the most part!

DaveSM
08-17-2006, 09:58 AM
Back to the top :)

CoolHand
08-17-2006, 11:36 PM
Back to the top :)

Paid Sam for the Chaos boards.

I am working on some parts for Derek's frame which ended up having to be CNC cut, so that's taking a while. It's moving along though. Shouldn't take long to actually cut, but with the CNC work the programming is about 4/5 ths of the time used anyway.

Nothing else to report. Still busy has hell at the day job. Hopefully that will let up a little after I get this shopping center wrapped up in October. We shall see.

behemoth
08-17-2006, 11:47 PM

I am working on some parts for Derek's frame which ended up having to be CNC cut, so that's taking a while. It's moving along though. Shouldn't take long to actually cut, but with the CNC work the programming is about 4/5 ths of the time used anyway.

Nothing else to report. Still busy has hell at the day job. Hopefully that will let up a little after I get this shopping center wrapped up in October. We shall see.

Keep truckin' ryan.

Arstron
08-18-2006, 09:31 AM
Glad to hear the updates and very glad that we dont have to sit in the dark and wait like other custom shops make you do. :D :cheers:

DaveSM
08-20-2006, 04:07 PM

So your project at your job is a shopping center? Wich part of it are you involved into?

As for the CNC programming I understand ;)

Here a few pics of the CNC machining I have done lately.

http://sonia.etsmtl.ca/private/webPrive/photoalbum/2006/2006-03-01_usinage_clamps/IMG_1095.jpg
http://sonia.etsmtl.ca/private/webPrive/photoalbum/2006/2006-05-03_usinage_top_part2/Photo%20027.jpg
http://sonia.etsmtl.ca/private/webPrive/photoalbum/2006/2006-03-19_usinage/Photo%20041.jpg
http://sonia.etsmtl.ca/private/webPrive/photoalbum/2006/2006-03-19_usinage/Photo%20046.jpg
http://sonia.etsmtl.ca/private/webPrive/photoalbum/2006/2006-04-02_usinage_top/IMG_0737.JPG

I always said that CNC machining is easy once the program is completely tested ;) For the rest of it you can use a bright monkey ;)

CoolHand
08-20-2006, 10:12 PM
So your project at your job is a shopping center? Wich part of it are you involved into?

As for the CNC programming I understand ;)

Here a few pics of the CNC machining I have done lately.

http://sonia.etsmtl.ca/private/webPrive/photoalbum/2006/2006-03-01_usinage_clamps/IMG_1095.jpg
http://sonia.etsmtl.ca/private/webPrive/photoalbum/2006/2006-05-03_usinage_top_part2/Photo%20027.jpg
http://sonia.etsmtl.ca/private/webPrive/photoalbum/2006/2006-03-19_usinage/Photo%20041.jpg
http://sonia.etsmtl.ca/private/webPrive/photoalbum/2006/2006-03-19_usinage/Photo%20046.jpg
http://sonia.etsmtl.ca/private/webPrive/photoalbum/2006/2006-04-02_usinage_top/IMG_0737.JPG

I always said that CNC machining is easy once the program is completely tested ;) For the rest of it you can use a bright monkey ;)

The proving out of a new program is not for the faint of heart, that is for sure. I'd not put a trained monkey to doing that, unless I really didn't like him. Thinks can get real interesting real fast.

I am the project engineer for the shopping center in question. I designed and supervised completion of all the site work (heavy and finish excavation & grading, storm water detention, infrastructure, etc), as well as supervising some of the actual building construction. I supervised the concrete work and structural steel hanging, and right now I'm in the middle of sheparding a build-out for a good sized national tenant (they had their own architect do the design, if you could call it that, suffice to say that I am not impressed with their work).

UTDragun
09-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Bump back to page 1

How bout dem Vols

Phurious
09-09-2006, 08:59 PM
:cry: I don't want to create any issues now when I am SOOOOO close but . . .

I currently have the #2 Marker; a COMPLETE custom marker. I also now have a ill child, and need the cash more than I need the marker. If anyone is interested please PM me. We can get in touch with Cool Hand to verify ownership of the marker to the buyer.

zackzel
09-09-2006, 09:32 PM
:cry: I don't want to create any issues now when I am SOOOOO close but . . .

I currently have the #2 Marker; a COMPLETE custom marker. I also now have a ill child, and need the cash more than I need the marker. If anyone is interested please PM me. We can get in touch with Cool Hand to verify ownership of the marker to the buyer.

Good luck selling that man, I definatly feel for you.