PDA

View Full Version : Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

going_home
06-19-2007, 06:12 PM
mmm, cant wait to get this gun. What kind of anno does number 10 spot come with? I'll start thinking up a scheme

What ? Triangle sold his spot ?
Boot camp musta went to his haid. :tard:

CoolHand
06-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Just a bit of crummy news to report.

While I was working on the GCode for your eye covers Home, I realized (while verifying the already completed code) that my work holding scheme for these parts would not work at all.

I found that about half way through the roughing pass on the back sides of the covers, they would pop loose from their billet and rattle around inside the pocket I'd cut like little dice.

This good, because instead of destroying the parts and wasting an entire day of machine work, I found this out in the verify stage and was able to not make the mistake. This is bad because now my tools and I have to withdraw and regroup at our rally point to plan our counter attack. This also means another delay. GOD I'm getting sick of saying that. Just once I want something to go smoothly so I can tell you guys that something is FINISHED for a change.

I have to pull the spindle out of the CNC machine next weekend and send it off to be rebuilt. I had hoped to at least have Home's eye covers done before then, but that just ain't in the cards after this set-back. On the up side, your parts will be much smoother right out of the machine (;) ), on the down side, the machine will be in pieces for at least a week, maybe two if I have a hard time finding the bearings I need. While I have the machine down and the spindle out, I'm going to go ahead and replace all the bearings in the gear head to quiet down the grumbles emanating from within. The re-builder has promised me a two day turn around once they get it (or rather just a swap for a newly rebuilt one really), so the only wait is truck freight both ways. I'm guessing this little foray is going to cost me somewhere in the neighborhood of $4500 before I'm all done with it.

Having machinery is WONDERFUL! :rolleyes:

Oh well, it's only money, and when I'm done I'll have a spindle and gearbox to last another decade at least (especially with the way I use one).

Sorry the news isn't better, but I thought I ought to at least post something.

:cheers:

thefool
06-23-2007, 11:13 PM
eek i never knew spindle rebuilds were so expensive

CoolHand
06-23-2007, 11:33 PM
eek i never knew spindle rebuilds were so expensive

HA!

I talked to a fellow last week that had to put a spindle in medium sized Mazak VMC.

The bill? $14,750 . . . . . . . after he got his core deposit back.
He had to lay out nearly $40k to get them to cross ship a spindle cartridge to him to minimize his down time. They refunded the difference after his old one showed back up at the supplier's warehouse.

That spindle cost more than my entire machine did. The initial deposit cost more than this entire machine did when it was NEW.

Now, granted, that was a $300k machine, but it just illustrates that even though this bill stings, it can ALWAYS be worse. ;)

cyrus-the-virus
06-24-2007, 03:12 AM
it ALWAYS gets worse.... I want to see this project get done.

going_home
06-24-2007, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the update.
I see spot numbers 3 and 5 are up for sale now. :wow:
And number 10 has changed owners.
I dont know how you keep up with it all.

CoolHand
06-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the update.

Don't pat me on the back too hard just yet, I've had a couple of clerical snafus already on this project, don't want to jinx it. ;)

Once I get this spindle changed out and the enclosure back around the machine I hope we will be out of mechanical issues to fight with.

Papa_Smurf
06-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the update.

5 is pending to myself, and i'm currently scrounging up some dough for 3... :ninja:

zackzel is off to military training for 3 weeks and will be paid in full upon his return.

going_home
06-26-2007, 04:14 PM
5 is pending to myself, and i'm currently scrounging up some dough for 3... :ninja:

zackzel is off to military training for 3 weeks and will be paid in full upon his return.

You need one for each hand ? :wow:

Papa_Smurf
06-28-2007, 01:35 PM
You need one for each hand ? :wow:

Story of my life, women...beer...

KIDDING...but seriously...

CoolHand
06-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Tore the CNC machine apart today.

Here's the thread with pics so no one thinks I'm fibbin' ( ;) ):

http://tinkersguild.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=6468#6468

Have a fun and safe 4th y'all.

CoolHand
07-13-2007, 02:47 PM
New gearbox bearings showed up today. Hopefully I will be able to get them installed this weekend, or the first of next week for sure.

Still waiting on the spindle to show back up, but that should be here the first part of week after next.

Progress is slow, but steady. I'm making my McMaster Carr order for parts to complete my enclosure retrofit tonight, so I can work on that next weekend while I'm waiting for the spindle to show back up.

Just thought I'd post an update so you know I survived the fireworks season. ;)

stonersr26
07-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Don't you love McMaster? Everytime I order from them shipping is around $5 and I get it the next day. Awesome!!!

CoolHand
07-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Don't you love McMaster? Everytime I order from them shipping is around $5 and I get it the next day. Awesome!!!

Yes, I love that they have basically everything ever, and that they ship at 89% light speed, but I try not to order from them too often as the orders have a habit of becoming multiple hundred dollar affairs pretty quickly.

Just as a for instance, this order here will be in the $750 range by the time it's all together.

This hobby is getting to be more expensive than race cars, and that's really saying something.

stonersr26
07-13-2007, 05:36 PM
Yes, I love that they have basically everything ever, and that they ship at 89% light speed, but I try not to order from them too often as the orders have a habit of becoming multiple hundred dollar affairs pretty quickly.

Just as a for instance, this order here will be in the $750 range by the time it's all together.

This hobby is getting to be more expensive than race cars, and that's really saying something.

I know what you mean, I have a mag that I am so close to having finished but still have about $100 to drop into it to get it finished.

Then I have my '79 Trans Am and I have dropped at least $5,000 into it and still have about $3,000 to go and I still haven't even touched the engine. It is an Olds 403 and they aren't cheap to re-build, but they have torque that makes ahot 350 look like a lawn mower engine :ninja:

CoolHand
07-17-2007, 02:39 PM
The machine is still in pieces. I'm having the new bearings pressed on tonight (in about an hour actually). But there is bad news in spindletown.

I've just spoken with the spindle rebuilder, and the exchange spindle they were going to give me will not fit my machine properly. So they're going to have to tear it apart and do it the hard way.

They broke my cartridge down and sent the taper out to grinding today, should be done and back by Thurs morning, so they are saying it should ship back to me Fri or Mon at the latest.

Another slight delay, but nothing terrible.

Just thought you all should know.

CoolHand
07-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Still waiting on my spindle to show back up from from the rebuilder, and I found (much to my chagrin) that one of the bearings I was sold for the gearbox was the wrong size. The next day they sent out the replacement, and the day after that it arrived. I needed a bearing with about a 90mm OD, the bearing that showed up had about a 35mm OD.

That means that:

A) I have one $40 bearing, and one $12 bearing that I cannot use, and return shipping will cost at least $15 to get a refund. Either way I go, I'm eating something.

B) Even the gearbox is still all in pieces, no assembly can be made until that damned bearing shows up.

C) The spindle is taking longer than they said it would, I hope it have it back by the end of the coming week, but I am not gonna hold my breath (I'd have suffocated at least twice on this project alone).

D) All you guys are going to have to wait at least another two weeks.

I am very sorry. It seems that every time I turn around I'm having to post about something that will cost you guys at least a week's wait.

When I get Home's marker done, I'm going to do a frickin' happy dance, that's for sure.

going_home
07-23-2007, 04:02 PM
When I get Home's marker done, I'm going to do a frickin' happy dance, that's for sure.

I'm about to do one now just thinking about it being done. :clap:
Keeping my fingers crossed that it might just be done in time for AO South.
:bounce:

grominou69
07-24-2007, 06:34 AM

Any chances we can see it on youtube :D :rofl: :dance:

going_home
07-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Any chances we can see it on youtube :D :rofl: :dance:

Me no gottee video, sorry.
(only video I have is 1.3mp cell phone video, not the best)
If the coolmeister wants to make one when he's done with it thats up to him.

Heres his prototype graphed at 20bps with paint :

http://www.logicpaintball.com/UEF-WithPaint.avi

;)

grominou69
07-25-2007, 06:34 AM
Me no gottee video, sorry.
(only video I have is 1.3mp cell phone video, not the best)
If the coolmeister wants to make one when he's done with it thats up to him.

Heres his prototype graphed at 20bps with paint :

http://www.logicpaintball.com/UEF-WithPaint.avi

;)

i don't want to see the marker ... i want to see coolhand doing his :dance: on video :D
that will change me from seeing all those girls dancin in the strip club i work every w-e :rofl:

going_home
07-25-2007, 03:44 PM
i don't want to see the marker ... i want to see coolhand doing his :dance: on video :D
that will change me from seeing all those girls dancin in the strip club i work every w-e :rofl:

Now that was just wrong.
The mental picture....I am scarred for life. :wow:

CoolHand
08-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Short update time.

The new spindle is in, and the gearbox is reassembled with new bearings. That's the good news. The bad news is that now the damned thing is not shifting as smoothly as it should be (I'm hoping that it's just a little dry and will loosen up with a little more use and lube), and I have a rubbing bearing shield that has to come out. Luckily it's right at the top of the stack, so there aren't many parts to pull to get to it.

Once that irritation is dealt with, I can run the spindle in, then reassemble the enclosure (hopefully water tight this time), and build my new sliding door system to seal the deal (ha pun :ninja: ).

Two more weekends of work at least, maybe three, but then I do believe she will be done and ready to make chips again.

I've been using this lag time to ponder on your fixturing needs Home, and I think I may have it licked finally. We shall see how it goes. If this go 'round doesn't turn out well, I may need to bow out of the eye installs on anything but ULE bodies in order to expedite this project some.

I know that's a poor solution, but I'd rather not do anything at all, rather than turn out work that is half-assed and looks the part. However, that said, I will only resort to this if all my other options fail miserably.

On a slightly OT note, is it hotter than hell where you all are? It's been 100+ Deg F all week here in MO. Damned August. :mad:

p8ntbal4me
08-09-2007, 08:47 PM
On a slightly OT note, is it hotter than hell where you all are? It's been 100+ Deg F all week here in MO. Damned August. :mad:

It was 105 degrees in Columbus NC today (I saw it on the tv at lunch)

Thats pretty damn hot if u ask me!

TnDeathInc
08-09-2007, 08:57 PM
It was 105 degrees in Columbus NC today (I saw it on the tv at lunch)

Thats pretty damn hot if u ask me!

104 nashville tn

going_home
08-09-2007, 09:12 PM
High---80°F------93°F----95°F----96°F----95°F----96°F----97°F
Low----77°F------73°F----73°F----75°F----77°F----77°F----77°F
Precip--1.35in.---0 in-----0 in.----0 in.----0 in.----0.13in--0 in.
Date---Thu-------Fri------Sat------Sun-----Mon----Tue-----Wed
----------2---------3--------4--------5-------6-------7---------8

Thats from weather dot com for sparkling downtown Valrico.
Felt hotter than it was because of the humidity.
Some days the humidity feels like you could cut it with a knife.
But then again I'd rather have it hot than cold, I'm allergic to that evil white stuff.

;)

Papa_Smurf
08-10-2007, 08:25 AM
Felt hotter than it was because of the humidity.
Some days the humidity feels like you could cut it with a knife..

The beauty of living in Colorado.

But then again I'd rather have it hot than cold, I'm allergic to that evil white stuff.

The flip side.

UTDragun
08-18-2007, 03:22 PM
rained last night so 106 and 90% humidity in Knoxville. I feel sorry for those who are at band camp from 9-9

CoolHand
08-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Yeah, tell me about it.

It's been 107 Degs here for the last week straight, and not a drop of rain in sight.

Personally, I'm on strike from the shop until it cools down. Everything is harder to do when it's that hot. The machines all hate me when they're that hot, hell even I hate me when it's that hot.

Nosir, I like you lot, but not that much. ;)

If it rains like it's supposed to later on today, I might run into town and re-level the CNC, assuming the temp dips below 90 deg afterwards. This is Missouri though, so there's no guarantee that the former will cause the latter.

It's gotta cool off eventually though, I'll not be denied my shop time forever.

rifleman wi
08-18-2007, 04:04 PM
yea its been like that here in kansas too, down in the motorpool, even with ac its still around 100..

Yeah, tell me about it.

It's been 107 Degs here for the last week straight, and not a drop of rain in sight.

Personally, I'm on strike from the shop until it cools down. Everything is harder to do when it's that hot. The machines all hate me when they're that hot, hell even I hate me when it's that hot.

Nosir, I like you lot, but not that much. ;)

If it rains like it's supposed to later on today, I might run into town and re-level the CNC, assuming the temp dips below 90 deg afterwards. This is Missouri though, so there's no guarantee that the former will cause the latter.

It's gotta cool off eventually though, I'll not be denied my shop time forever.

going_home
08-27-2007, 12:24 PM
What was the outcome of the karta eye covers ?
Just wondering.....

:rolleyes:

Arstron
08-27-2007, 12:40 PM

There is no guarantee on anything weather related here in missouri. ;) Just had to post becuse for the first time in almost a month we finally got some rain saturday night. This weather has been killer!

CoolHand
08-27-2007, 02:00 PM
There is no guarantee on anything weather related here in missouri. ;) Just had to post becuse for the first time in almost a month we finally got some rain saturday night. This weather has been killer!

Yeah, Friday and Saturday was pretty nice. I spend both days out in the shop working on my enclosure, and now it is nearly finished. I still have to cut down, punch, and hang the rubber skirts as well as cut and assemble the sliding door track (but that can't be done until I reassemble it around the machine).

It sure did feel good to get out into the shop and DO something again. Broke out the welder and made sure I hadn't forgotten how to use one ( I hadn't ;) , though a loose gas nozzle made me doubt myself for about an hour).

Home - Don't roll your eyes at me, sir. You'll end up with a pink and green tiger striped karta if you ain't careful! :ninja:

Actually, things are going pretty well. I think I have your eye covers figured out (the process to cut them that is), but I still need to alter and post the code.

I've still got to pull the drawbar cylinder and kill that squealing bearing shield, but I think I'm going to do that on Fri or Sat night (of this week). It's slow, but it's progress. I'll take some pics when I get the head back together (the second time).

going_home
08-28-2007, 11:07 AM

Played paintball saturday.
Almost died. :tard:
It was way too stinking hot, and we had a gulley washer friday night so water was standing everywhere and humidity was insane.
Made it where you almost couldnt breathe it was so humid.
I have got to remember to go to Walgreens and get some salt pills.
Drank lots of water but was still overheated and I think I sweated all the salt out
of my body because I felt terrible the rest of the day, no matter how much water I drank.

We have been getting rain at night, here and there but it just raises humidity and makes it miserable for paintball.
:spit_take

CoolHand
09-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Alright guys, I have more news, but it ain't the warm fuzzy kind.

I'm still battling issues with my CNC machine, and I'm busy as hell at the day job, so that's a weekend thing only for the foreseeable future.

This leads me to an unpleasant but necessary announcement:

I'm simply not going to be able to do the eye installs in a timely fashion, so I will not be doing them at all.

Anyone who paid for said service will get a refund check along with their frame.

The two or three guys who bought whole markers with ULE bodies will get the eye covers that I already have made, and a refund for the eye install.

I'm sorry for having to do this, but at this point, I want these frames done and in you alls hands. I will not have this turn into a devil mag part deux.

Home - Please PM me the ano colors you have in mind, so I can get your stuff off to Gruntbull next week sometime.

I will run down the list and see who else's stuff can go to ano as well, and dispatch emails confirming your ano choices in the next few days.

Once again, I am sorry to do this, but I don't really have any other options at the moment. I can either deliver a product that is 90% kick ***, and let you guys find other smiths with more time on their hands to do the eye installs, or wait ad infinitum while I get my various and sundry machine troubles ironed out.

Since the chances of a major crap up are greater the longer this goes on, I think it's best we cut bait and call it a day.

rkjunior303
09-05-2007, 09:14 AM
Once again, I am sorry to do this, but I don't really have any other options at the moment. I can either deliver a product that is 90% kick ***, and let you guys find other smiths with more time on their hands to do the eye installs, or wait ad infinitum while I get my various and sundry machine troubles ironed out..

i recommend contacting Jared and Wilke @ DC. They did an eye install on the frame you sold Wilke way back when and are more than competent in doing the install for anyone that needs it - those guys rock! Just keep in mind, Jared just got married so he a) is going to be miserable and b) won't be around for 2 weeks or so.

Gecko
09-05-2007, 09:15 AM
I bought a raw frame off Coolhand back awhile and finally got around to finishing it. The frame is awesome, very well designed. I got mine working with very little trouble (don't try and use a jackhammer LPR with a 1200 PSI input). Due to some financial commitments i have to sell it. If your looking for a full set up please take a look at my FS post.

Ryan thanks for taking the time to get these to market, i know how hard hard it is to get these kind of projects done while working full time. I finally finished the 04 excal milling after 3 years of setbacks and changes.

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=219768

CoolHand
09-05-2007, 02:09 PM
i recommend contacting Jared and Wilke @ DC. They did an eye install on the frame you sold Wilke way back when and are more than competent in doing the install for anyone that needs it - those guys rock! Just keep in mind, Jared just got married so he a) is going to be miserable and b) won't be around for 2 weeks or so.

You know, that's a hell of an idea.

Just so happens that Wilke is right there trying to sell his marker (which is very nice BTW).

I'm sure DC can do a hell of a job for anyone wanting an eye install done. I just do not have the time to futz with it, and this is literally the only thing holding these frames up at this point.

So, I'm kicking the little dutch boy's ***, pulling his finger out of the dam, and letting the ****er burst. Out with the water, this project needs to be finished.

If ano doesn't drag on and on, there is no reason we can't have these all shipped by the first of the new year.

Yeah, I said it, done by Jan 1.

It's something to shoot for at least. :cheers:

smilestyler
09-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Quick question :

Wilke = Gecko ?

Maybe we can get an estimate for all the ULE bodies at once.

going_home
09-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Quick question :

Wilke = Gecko ?

Maybe we can get an estimate for all the ULE bodies at once.

He can do the eyes on the ULE body markers.
I sent him a Karta body and rail, its those he cant do. :(
I'm just going with a ULE instead myself.

smilestyler
09-06-2007, 04:37 PM
I'm not worried about the Karta bodies ;)

going_home
09-06-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm not worried about the Karta bodies ;)

Well then you are good to go then, Coolhand can do them.
You wont need DC.

smilestyler
09-06-2007, 05:48 PM
The way I read it, he isn't doing any eye installs:

"I'm simply not going to be able to do the eye installs in a timely fashion, so I will not be doing them at all.

Anyone who paid for said service will get a refund check along with their frame.

The two or three guys who bought whole markers with ULE bodies will get the eye covers that I already have made, and a refund for the eye install."

CoolHand
09-06-2007, 07:26 PM
The way I read it, he isn't doing any eye installs:

"I'm simply not going to be able to do the eye installs in a timely fashion, so I will not be doing them at all.

The two or three guys who bought whole markers with ULE bodies will get the eye covers that I already have made, and a refund for the eye install."

You are correct.

I'm doing Home's marker because:

1) He paid to be first, and doing his eye install will actually hold his marker up, causing it to not be finished first as promised. That sucks IMO, so I'm gonna rob a rail off my classic and bang his out to try and make it up to him. It's still going to set him back, but at least this way I can do it all manually if I have to (IE in case the damned CNC still refuses to operate).

2) He's in a bind, and not technically inclined, so DIY isn't really an option. He'd much rather have a functional marker than the refund, so he can sell everything else.

So, in closing, I bought his cover story, and I'm helping him out. I can't do that for all of you, or we're right back where we started. The rest I will refund the money and deliver a frame with an eye harness so you can get them installed somewhere else.

DC or Luke will do a good job, and they have a lot more time (and more reliable equipment) than I do.

smilestyler
09-06-2007, 08:06 PM
That all sounds fine to me. So when will #2 be ready to go to ano? :D

CoolHand
09-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Ok guys, don't drown me with emails and PM's here.

I'm going to try to do the little bit of machine work they all need this weekend. I will start sending out color request PM's as soon as they are ready to go.

Please bear with me here. Things will move more quickly now, but I still need you all to be patient while I get this all sorted out.

Hang in there boys, there's light at the end of the tunnel!

Papa_Smurf
09-06-2007, 10:34 PM

I'm going to try to do the little bit of machine work they all need this weekend. I will start sending out color request PM's as soon as they are ready to go.

Please bear with me here. Things will move more quickly now, but I still need you all to be patient while I get this all sorted out.

PM sent! :D

CoolHand
09-06-2007, 10:52 PM
PM sent! :D

Rotten Bastard . . . . .

:ninja:

Papa_Smurf
09-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Rotten Bastard . . . . .

I'm all giddy about this mag!

You know, I sent it before you said that, I'm such a sweetie, I wouldn't have gone against what you said.

going_home
09-22-2007, 02:00 PM

CoolHand
09-22-2007, 05:41 PM
OK, it is about time for an update.

Last weekend I modified the frames, this weekend I modified the ASA's that I needed for you all. In about an hour, I'm going to assemble the On/Off & LED daughter boards so they're ready when I need them.

If I have any steam left after that, I'm going to mock up a frame to measure out the trigger switch, cap, and battery lead lengths, so I can chop up and assemble all the wiring harnesses as well.

I'm also going to set down and compose the email asking guys about color choices. Hang in there, and check your anti-spam folders so it don't slip through.

The first guys to get the emails will be the frame kit only guys, followed in a little bit (couple of days to a week or so) by the complete marker guys. I still have to order some parts from AGD for you guys, hopefully they have what we need in stock.

I'll post pics from the shop today in a few mins.

CoolHand
09-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Pics as promised.

I forgot to take pictures last weekend while I was working on the frames, just suffice to say that they are done. I did take a picture of the Sharp Mill while I was there though, it's just so damned shiny I couldn't help myself.

http://www.logicpaintball.com/NewSharpLVMwithDRO.jpg

Here is the fixture and tools used to fix the ASA's. The machine shop that manufactured them for me didn't run the 1/2"-14 NPS threads deep enough into them, so a gas thru foregrip would not screw in far enough to seal. That was fixed using a custom made (by a buddy of mine with a crankshaft grinder) "super bottoming" tap that let me deepen the threads right down to the seal shoulder. Lots of lube and curse words went into this part of the project. ;)

http://www.logicpaintball.com/ASAModLine1.jpg

Closer view of same:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/ASAModLine2.jpg

The fruits of the last two weekends work:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/FinishedParts.jpg

The other parts waiting to go to ano:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/UEFOtherParts.jpg

The damned board will only let me place five images in a single post.

Continued below. . . . . .

CoolHand
09-22-2007, 08:52 PM
And we're back.

When I got home today, I dug out the parts and began assembling the On/Off daughter boards by soldering on the On/Off switch. Tomorrow I will try to get the LED's on there, then they will be ready to install in a frame.

Pieces all scattered out:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/OnOffsUnassembled1.jpg

Assembly in process:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/OnOffAssemblyLine.jpg

Switch being soldered to a board:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/OnOffBeingSoldered.jpg

And the semi-finished product:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/OnOffAssembliesFinished3.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/OnOffAssembliesFinished2.jpg

I will post more pictars when I get the LED's mounted, and/or if I do anything else of note.

Progress is slow and halting at times, but steady enough that you don't have to set pins to see it moving. ;)

Papa_Smurf
09-22-2007, 09:33 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the update.

I don't know what all you are looking to order from AGD, but if they don't have it, hit me up. I just bought two milk crates full of AGD parts from a local paintball store, maybe I'll have it.

CoolHand
09-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Two updates in the same weekend, WTF!?!

I got the LED's installed in the daughter boards today (well, all but four, I ran out of LED's). Huzzah!

Pics as promised.

Here you can see my complex assembly line process:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/LEDInstallAssemblyLine1.jpg

And another:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/LEDInstallAssemblyLine2.jpg

LED installed in the board, ready to be soldered:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/LEDBeingSoldered.jpg

Continued below because AO's board settings are gay . . . . .

CoolHand
09-23-2007, 02:17 PM
And we're back.

Here are the finished daughter boards ready to bring a UEF to life:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/LEDInstallAllFinished1.jpg

One more:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/LEDInstallAllFinished2.jpg

And finally, here is a daughter board installed in a frame.

Side View:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/DaughterBoardInstalledSide.jpg

From the top:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/DaughterBoardInstalledTop1.jpg

Another angle from the top (and closer):

http://www.logicpaintball.com/DaughterBoardInstalledTop2.jpg

That is all.

:headbang:

afortuna
09-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Will you be putting a membrane around the switch hole? Just wondering how bad it gets if paint gets in the switch hole. Your work looks good. I'm sure the new owners will be very pleased.

CoolHand
09-23-2007, 11:10 PM
Will you be putting a membrane around the switch hole? Just wondering how bad it gets if paint gets in the switch hole. Your work looks good. I'm sure the new owners will be very pleased.

Nope, WYSIWYG. Every marker I have ever modified to use a Predator board has used a similar switch in a similar location. Some of those installs would be about five years old now, and I've never heard of a failure.

It's an open switch, so the contacts are coated to prevent corrosion. If you get blasted right on the switch and it shorts out, a good rinsing and an air dry would put things back into order with little effort. We're talking tiny voltages and tiny currents here, the switches are highly over designed for this application (IE it's a lot stouter than we need it to be).

Plus, if they ever do go to hell, they're a standard stock item with both Mouser and Digikey, and they cost about $0.18 a piece, so they're cheap enough to replace should they tank unexpectedly.

gruntbull
09-24-2007, 09:18 AM
Nice Mill Ryan!

CoolHand
09-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Nice Mill Ryan!

Thank you, it was money well spent.

Papa_Smurf
09-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Oh baby...

Satin black tuna valve....
Ripper frame....
Karta w/ 05 rail...
ALL DUST BLACK!!!

Can't wait!

CoolHand
09-29-2007, 11:27 PM
All righty then, I've just spent the last twelve (12) hours straight soldering.

To say that I'm tweaked out on solder fumes would be a dire understatement.

It been a long day, but I got all the trigger switch harnesses and all the daughter board harnesses made.

Anyway, here are some pics of the progress.

Lefthand side of the bench:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/WorkspaceLHSide.jpg

Righthand side of the bench:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/WorkspaceRHSide.jpg

Trigger Switch Harness:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/TriggerSwitchAssembled.jpg

Daughter Board Harness:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/DaughterBoardAssembled.jpg

Here's a bag with all the harnesses stuffed inside:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/DaughterBoardsNSwitchesDone.jpg

I've got to ship packages tomorrow, so I may not get anything else done on this project this weekend. At least a big step was made.

Also, I'm having a hard time tracking down email addresses for some of you guys, so I need all of you with bolt on frame kits to please post your real name, your spot number, and your color choice.

Once again, Bolt On Frame people please post your real name, spot #, and color choice in this thread.

I would like to get this all nailed down so I can send the parts to ano by the end of week after next.

You guys waiting on whole markers, hang in there, you're next.

That is all.

A-Tach-One
09-30-2007, 01:05 AM
Eric Stanchfield - purchased from lasrsktr
Spot #8 I believe
Dust black

going_home
09-30-2007, 08:22 PM
You guys waiting on whole markers, hang in there, you're next.
That is all.

slimc
09-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Colin Hanel
Spot # 4
All black

can't wait

wooky
10-06-2007, 10:36 PM
I sure wished I would have gotten in on this :cry:

Warwitch
10-07-2007, 07:26 AM
I sure wished I would have gotten in on this :cry:

Im going to wait and steal one off the B/S/T forum and save a couple hundred. :argh: We know it wont be long.......

boredcentral
10-07-2007, 02:07 PM
M a t t Hirota
spot # 7
Black

VeeWee
10-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Im going to wait and steal one off the B/S/T forum and save a couple hundred. :argh: We know it wont be long.......

If anything I'd expect to see a slight spike in price because everyone has been waiting for so long.

Papa_Smurf
10-07-2007, 03:25 PM
If anything I'd expect to see a slight spike in price because everyone has been waiting for so long.

I see no reason for value to go down either.

Gecko
10-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Complete Logic Eframe Mag
gone to the first person to offer $750 ot trade for 07 ego
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=219768

Coolhand let me know if you want me to delete this post
thanks

CoolHand
10-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Complete Logic Eframe Mag
gone to the first person to offer $750 ot trade for 07 ego
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=219768

Coolhand let me know if you want me to delete this post
thanks

No need, hell, there was a guy that was wanting one that posted just a day or two ago.

No update this weekend, I didn't hit a damned lick. A man's gotta have a day off every now and again. ;)

My capacitors came today, so I can put the power and solenoid harnesses together now.

Warwitch
10-09-2007, 06:48 AM
No need, hell, there was a guy that was wanting one that posted just a day or two ago.

No update this weekend, I didn't hit a damned lick. A man's gotta have a day off every now and again. ;)

But youre not supposed to be a man. You are supposed to be a relentless aluminum Terminator. Capable of 72 hour milling stints without food, water or, um, bowel releif :rolleyes:

(its tough being the hero isnt it)

CoolHand
10-09-2007, 10:24 AM
But youre not supposed to be a man. You are supposed to be a relentless aluminum Terminator. Capable of 72 hour milling stints without food, water or, um, bowel releif :rolleyes:

(its tough being the hero isnt it)

LMAO

Bowel Relief. Does that include flatulance? 'Cause if so, that 72 hr thing ain't never gonna fly. :wow: :bounce:

I'll put my big boy pants back on this coming weekend and bang out the rest of the wiring.

Andrew Cunje
10-10-2007, 11:33 PM
i am intrested in one of the bolt on frames....please pm me

if u have a spot for the preorder or anythign and are looking to bail, please contact me and coolhand per his instructions

Arstron
10-11-2007, 08:21 AM
Well I couldnt resist, looks like I am getting back on the list. :dance:

Coolhand, I am sure you havnt been contacted yet, but you will after my marker gets to the guy.

VeeWee
10-11-2007, 09:36 AM
Well I couldnt resist, looks like I am getting back on the list. :dance:

Coolhand, I am sure you havnt been contacted yet, but you will after my marker gets to the guy.

That didn't take long, you just sold me your spot a couple of months ago. :D

going_home
10-11-2007, 08:22 PM
That didn't take long, you just sold me your spot a couple of months ago. :D

Poor Ryan, trying to keep up with you ladies, changing your minds every 5 minutes. LOL

:cool:

Arstron
10-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Poor Ryan, trying to keep up with you ladies, changing your minds every 5 minutes. LOL

:cool:

Yes I know ive made it confusing on coolhand, but this time mobsterboy made me an offer I couldnt refuse. :argh:

p8ntbal4me
10-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Anyone looking to sell their spot,... complete gun or bolt on frame,.. PM me!

Dewok82
10-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Awesome work Coolhand. These frames are beautiful and there is enough room in the trigger guard for even the most sausage-like fingers. I haven't put mine down (except to shower) since it came in.

You guys are in for a real treat.

Papa_Smurf
10-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Whole gun updates?

I'm getting jittery!

going_home
10-13-2007, 10:49 PM
Awesome work Coolhand. These frames are beautiful and there is enough room in the trigger guard for even the most sausage-like fingers. I haven't put mine down (except to shower) since it came in.

You guys are in for a real treat.

Hey how did you get yours already ??????

Now I'm getting excited !

:clap: :bounce: :dance:

Dewok82
10-13-2007, 11:49 PM
Hey how did you get yours already ??????

Now I'm getting excited !

:clap: :bounce: :dance:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/dewok82/LogicEmag1.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/dewok82/LogicEmag4.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/dewok82/LogicEmag3.jpg

I bought Gecko's (from Destructive Customs). Earlier tonight I had it going 24 (according to the board) with relative ease after putting the Level 7 bolt back in. I ran out of air before I could push it any further. The only break I had was in the barrel and I chalk that up to the delicate RPS Premium and two-piece Freak barrel.

Now I'm debating over blacking it out (I really like black markers) or finishing the red/black effect (red grips and ASA...maybe red barrel tip).

behemoth
10-14-2007, 12:26 AM
you lucky bastid.

red/black fo sho.

smilestyler
10-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Ryan, do you have any idea of the time frame until the whole guns start going to ano?

CoolHand
10-15-2007, 07:11 PM
OK, here it is.

You guys with the bolt on frames have until Sunday Oct 21st to post your color choices, or you'll get gloss black.

I will do my damnedest to contact everybody that hasn't posted via email. I don't want anyone to get a color they don't want because they couldn't be reached.

PLEASE for the love of all that is good and decent people, post your color choices! :ninja:

p8ntbal4me
10-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Jason Menard

Bolt On Frame Spot #4 (purchased from Colin)

Orange 3A (sent you a PM alreday Ryan, about this. Just posting like you asked)

Cant WAIT to shoot this thing!!!!!!!! :D

Papa_Smurf
10-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Ryan, do you have any idea of the time frame until the whole guns start going to ano?

:hail: Pretty please? :hail:

CoolHand
10-18-2007, 11:15 AM
:hail: Pretty please? :hail:

Well, I am going to take a guess that they will go out for ano in batches of two (2) in about a month, provided that Gruntbull hasn't just up and disappeared on me.

They haven't been answering my PM's on here, so I'm going to have to start emailing and calling them to see what's up.

The real answer is: "When I can get the bolt-ons ready and get your parts all gathered up."

I will be making a massive AGD order in the next week or so to get the few parts that I am missing for the whole markers. Hang in there guys.

Papa_Smurf
10-23-2007, 09:40 PM
just replied to your PM.

But just in case,

Dust black please.

Thank you so much for all your hard work!

Ruler_Mark
10-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Well, I am going to take a guess that they will go out for ano in batches of two (2) in about a month, provided that Gruntbull hasn't just up and disappeared on me.

They haven't been answering my PM's on here, so I'm going to have to start emailing and calling them to see what's up.

The real answer is: "When I can get the bolt-ons ready and get your parts all gathered up."

I will be making a massive AGD order in the next week or so to get the few parts that I am missing for the whole markers. Hang in there guys.

gba is hampered cause of the maibu fires

CoolHand
10-23-2007, 11:46 PM
gba is hampered cause of the maibu fires

Ahhhhh, that makes sense.

WTH would anyone want to live in such a place?

Mudslides, Wildfires, Earthquakes, Commie Pinko Government Types, Sky High Cost of Living, and only one season year round.

I dunno, doesn't sound much like paradise to me. :ninja:

Papa_Smurf
10-24-2007, 07:29 AM
Ahhhhh, that makes sense.

WTH would anyone want to live in such a place?

Mudslides, Wildfires, Earthquakes, Commie Pinko Government Types, Sky High Cost of Living, and only one season year round.

I dunno, doesn't sound much like paradise to me. :ninja:

you forgot about the whole SanFransisco thing..

lasrsktr
10-25-2007, 04:35 PM
GBA's front office is based out of San Diego... But hes on base at camp pendelton.

The actual ano is done in OHIO

So the fires are playing a big issue in the ano process..

Just give us so cal residents time to get back to normal life.

Rudz
10-27-2007, 11:51 PM
Ryan, when you find Martin Rudzki, tell him im gonna steal his frame!!!!!! :rofl: , man i shoulda just shut up and took it... :rolleyes:

Papa_Smurf
10-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Karta dust black sweetness! Oh my...

out to ano soon...so exciting. :bounce:

CoolHand
10-28-2007, 11:15 PM
Ryan, when you find Martin Rudzki, tell him im gonna steal his frame!!!!!! :rofl: , man i shoulda just shut up and took it... :rolleyes:

Turns out he sold his spot early on too.

Anyone buy a bolt-on kit from Martin Rudzski (and have proof of it)?

Somehow, that transaction slipped right by me.

Sorry guys, my beloved geological filing system has failed me this time. :(

Rudz
10-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Turns out he sold his spot early on too.

Anyone buy a bolt-on kit from Martin Rudzski (and have proof of it)?

Somehow, that transaction slipped right by me.

Sorry guys, my beloved geological filing system has failed me this time. :(\

ok, im gonna think of something, , lemme work on it... :rolleyes:

CoolHand
10-29-2007, 06:05 PM
ok, im gonna think of something, , lemme work on it... :rolleyes:

Martin got back to me with the new owner's name.

Sorry Charlie. ;)

going_home
11-02-2007, 06:48 PM
: )

Papa_Smurf
11-02-2007, 10:36 PM
: )

:clap:

CoolHand
11-02-2007, 11:03 PM
OK, I still have guys with Bolt-On frame kits who have not gotten me their ano color choice.

I have tried to get into contact them via both email and PM here on AO, to no avail.

Therefore, I will make this one last attempt, and then if I don't hear back by Monday, they're getting anodized gloss black, I can't wait any longer.

These guys need to contact me ASAP with their ano color choice (all parts the same color and the same finish, IE all gloss red, or all dust black, etc):

Brian Strauch
Rick Salazar
Blake Yarber

You three guys have 48 hours to get your color choice to me, OR YOUR KIT WILL BE ANODIZED GLOSS BLACK.

That is all.

VeeWee
11-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Pm'd

CoolHand
11-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Pm'd

Indeed.

Post updated, sorry for the crap up.

The other three guys are still MIA.

One last email tonight, and then I'm shipping the stuff.

Hope I can get a hold of them, I hate to just ano their stuff without asking. :(

CoolHand
11-12-2007, 12:14 AM
The six bolt-on kits are going off to ano on Monday (11-12-07).

They are boxed up and setting in my truck seat to be taken to the depot in the morning.

I was told three to four weeks turn around on them, but if they make it back in less than six, I'll be fricken ecstatic.

Next up is the collection of the missing parts for the outstanding complete markers, and then I will be hounding the rest of you, two at a time, to pick your ano colors as well.

Progress is being made people, I believe a HUZZAH! is in order here. :headbang:

going_home
11-13-2007, 08:39 PM
The six bolt-on kits are going off to ano on Monday (11-12-07).

They are boxed up and setting in my truck seat to be taken to the depot in the morning.

I was told three to four weeks turn around on them, but if they make it back in less than six, I'll be fricken ecstatic.

Next up is the collection of the missing parts for the outstanding complete markers, and then I will be hounding the rest of you, two at a time, to pick your ano colors as well.

Progress is being made people, I believe a HUZZAH! is in order here. :headbang:

smilestyler
11-20-2007, 12:08 AM
:bounce: :bounce:

CoolHand
11-20-2007, 12:19 AM
The anodizer has the parts in hand now.

Just have to set tight for the time being.

p8ntbal4me
11-20-2007, 05:59 AM
:bounce: :bounce:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

ProphetLB
11-20-2007, 09:25 AM
Is this the first run of these frames?

VeeWee
11-20-2007, 09:56 AM
yep

going_home
11-24-2007, 08:21 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:dance: :bounce: :dance: :bounce: :dance:

wooky
11-24-2007, 10:15 PM
If there is such a thing, I would like to be first on the list of the fellas that do not pick up there marker and to have dibbs on what to pick from whats left. I have Cash in hand Mr.CoolHand!

Not tring to stir the pot but I do not want to be left out. As it is CoolHand can not reach all the fellas for the anno.

Wook

CoolHand
11-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Just keep your eyes peeled here, I'm sure one will turn up.

If not, I will post here when more are available.

I did happen to accidentally "find" one of the MIA guys. He emailed me very grumpy that he hadn't been contacted since he bought his spot . . . . . except he'd changed his email address and hadn't let me know it.

Turns out he wanted Gloss Black ano anyway, so no harm done, and now I have his new email address. I'm so good, I can read customer's minds through space and time (that, or I just got hella lucky when I gambled thinking that Mag guys generally like Gloss Black). Either way, I'm fairly :ninja: like.

A win/win day by all accounts.

Other than that, nothing new to report on this front. Parts are still at ano, etc.

I did manage to get the headgear back on the CNC. Tomorrow I'm gonna try to get the enclosure put back together around it. :headbang:

p8ntbal4me
11-25-2007, 12:47 AM
:dance: :bounce: :dance: :bounce: :dance:

:dance: :bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :dance:

gruntbull
11-25-2007, 11:35 AM
Pics should be coming this week. Had a power issue at our shop... involved a kid, a football, and our main power line that runs from the pole to our shop...

CoolHand
11-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Pics should be coming this week. Had a power issue at our shop... involved a kid, a football, and our main power line that runs from the pole to our shop...

That's gonna be either a very funny, or very sad story.

Hope you all had a good holiday.

Papa_Smurf
11-25-2007, 06:36 PM

Nobody got hurt i hope. Looking forward to the pictures!

gruntbull
11-25-2007, 10:11 PM
That's gonna be either a very funny, or very sad story.

Hope you all had a good holiday.

More sad than anything, delayed us pretty badly... lost money due to repairs... lose lose situation.

gruntbull
11-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Well tomorrow or Thursday they will be coming back, figured i would spread the good cheer to you Ryan, and you readers.

CoolHand
11-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Well tomorrow or Thursday they will be coming back, figured i would spread the good cheer to you Ryan, and you readers.

HUZZAH! :dance:

That is FanFrickenTastic. I honestly would never have hoped that they would be done this fast.

What I would have given to have found you guys five years ago!

If the parts look as good as they should when they arrive, I might be in love. :p

CoolHand
11-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Well, boys and girls, Todd was as good as his word. Ano batch #1 found its way home today.

Yes, that's right, done in record time. Finish? Excellent. Don't believe me?

BEHOLD!!!!

http://www.logicpaintball.com/WholeBatch1.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/OtherFrames.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/BodyNParts.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/GlossFrameBig.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/DustFrameBig.jpg

I wish I would have found you guys at Gruntbull years ago. Hands down the best ano shop I've worked with, period (and I've worked with dozens).

HUZZAH! :headbang:

going_home
12-01-2007, 08:17 PM
From the pics most of it looks like satin black but the Karta looks almost dust.
What finish are they ?

:confused:

Papa_Smurf
12-01-2007, 08:19 PM
From the pics most of it looks like satin black but the Karta looks almost dust.
What finish are they ?

satin means dust

Papa_Smurf
12-01-2007, 08:24 PM
picture that karta with a dust black tunamax xvalve in it..OH BABY, can't wait.

lasrsktr
12-01-2007, 08:30 PM
satin means dust

Satin and dust are two different finishes...

Satin is a partialy polished whereas a dust finish has been media blasted for a rougher texture

Papa_Smurf
12-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Satin and dust are two different finishes...

Satin is a partialy polished whereas a dust finish has been media blasted for a rougher texture

dust and gloss are the options on GBA's site. dust is standard, gloss is more. That inclines me to believe that there is no surface prep on dust. so why no satin option? leads me to belive they are the same.

going_home
12-01-2007, 08:38 PM
dust and gloss are the options on GBA's site. dust is standard, gloss is more. That inclines me to believe that there is no surface prep on dust. so why no satin option? leads me to belive they are the same.

Well they might be to grunt but they arent the same to anyone else.
Standard Xvalve finishes are just about a satin finish.
As opposed to the ULE bodies being gloss.
There is a noticeable difference in gloss and satin.

Papa_Smurf
12-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Well they might be to grunt but they arent the same to anyone else.
Standard Xvalve finishes are just about a satin finish.
As opposed to the ULE bodies being gloss.
There is a noticeable difference in gloss and satin.

The body looks dust in the above picture to me. The Tuna valve is called satin, but matches.
sometimes the back of the x valves are gloss and front looks more satin.

going_home
12-01-2007, 08:43 PM
The body looks dust in the above picture to me. The Tuna valve is called satin, but matches.
sometimes the back of the x valves are gloss and front looks more satin.

Its my understanding the valves halves are two different grades of aluminum.
Thats why if you ever saw a blue one the halves arent exactly the same shade of blue.
Every blue one I've seen is like that.

Papa_Smurf
12-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Its my understanding the valves halves are two different grades of aluminum.
Thats why if you ever saw a blue one the halves arent exactly the same shade of blue.
Every blue one I've seen is like that.

Never had 350 for a valve before.... :rofl:
wouldn't know.

p8ntbal4me
12-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Never had 350 for a valve before.... :rofl:
wouldn't know.

:rofl:

CoolHand
12-01-2007, 10:03 PM
What finish are they ?

The pics lie then, 'cause there are two (and only two) finishes there.

Four of the six sets (frame, trigger, ASA) are gloss black, two of the six sets, along with the Karta and the ST gas thru are dust black.

Nothing on that desk is satin finish, the lighting is just bad on the gloss.

In person, they look excellent, you won't be disappointed in GBA finish ('cause I'm not, and I'm a picky bastard ;) ).

wooky
12-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Just keep your eyes peeled here, I'm sure one will turn up.

If not, I will post here when more are available.

I did happen to accidentally "find" one of the MIA guys. He emailed me very grumpy that he hadn't been contacted since he bought his spot . . . . . except he'd changed his email address and hadn't let me know it.

Turns out he wanted Gloss Black ano anyway, so no harm done, and now I have his new email address. I'm so good, I can read customer's minds through space and time (that, or I just got hella lucky when I gambled thinking that Mag guys generally like Gloss Black). Either way, I'm fairly :ninja: like.

A win/win day by all accounts.

Other than that, nothing new to report on this front. Parts are still at ano, etc.

I did manage to get the headgear back on the CNC. Tomorrow I'm gonna try to get the enclosure put back together around it. :headbang:

Hey Coolhand just checkin in!! Keeping my eyes peeled!! Just making sure you know I am still here.

CoolHand
12-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Hey Coolhand just checkin in!! Keeping my eyes peeled!! Just making sure you know I am still here.

Indeed.

p8ntbal4me
12-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Im CRAVING some pictures of these parts!!!

HABU!

~ P8nt

CoolHand
12-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Im CRAVING some pictures of these parts!!!

HABU!

~ P8nt

Uhhh?

Check post #1123

p8ntbal4me
12-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Uhhh?

Check post #1123

I ment "pictures of mine".

Sorry,.. the AO mixxxed with Tylenol PM does not work well with the bad connection between the floor and my keyboard. :p

~ P8nt

going_home
12-02-2007, 09:44 PM
The pics lie then, 'cause there are two (and only two) finishes there.

Four of the six sets (frame, trigger, ASA) are gloss black, two of the six sets, along with the Karta and the ST gas thru are dust black.

Nothing on that desk is satin finish, the lighting is just bad on the gloss.

In person, they look excellent, you won't be disappointed in GBA finish ('cause I'm not, and I'm a picky bastard ;) ).

I guess what made me think satin the most was the closeup of the ShockTech foregrip, but its probably just the grade of aluminum its made from.

CoolHand
12-02-2007, 10:05 PM
I guess what made me think satin the most was the closeup of the ShockTech foregrip, but its probably just the grade of aluminum its made from.

I think it's the combination of the low light in the room, and the camera flash from less than three feet away. Not the best conditions for pictar taking.

I assure you they are a very light dust finish. Not huge coarse texture like some dust finishes you see, but you can certainly tell they've been media blasted.

going_home
12-14-2007, 05:22 PM
Would you be able to Intellifeed this? I'm guessing no due to the board being used, but it doesn't hurt to ask for others who may be interested.
I've never wanted a ULE body more...

I have never seen the sense in doing that.
I have had an Empire B since they came out and have never tried it on anything, whether it was full auto or whatever, that could out shoot it. Thats why I dont bother with intellifeed or getting into all the hype of the new hoppers. Had one for years I cant out shoot, Egos, G7's, Emags with Xmod, Viking with Tadao, Empire B didnt chop paint in any of them.

unless they changed it, predator boards had intellifeed ports
how does the efficiency compare to a mechanical mag or devil mag?

I cant see why it would be any worse than any other Xvalved mag.

:bounce: :rofl: :dance:
:dance: :rofl: :bounce:

smilestyler
12-14-2007, 10:47 PM
Coolhand, I have a couple of questions about the eyes in these guns. I know you said that we have to arrange to have this done on our own, but:

Are you still including eye covers?

Are the eye sensors and wiring included?

Is the rail already milled to accept the wiring?

CoolHand
12-14-2007, 11:12 PM
Coolhand, I have a couple of questions about the eyes in these guns. I know you said that we have to arrange to have this done on our own, but:

Are you still including eye covers?

Are the eye sensors and wiring included?

Is the rail already milled to accept the wiring?

I have two (2) sets of ULE body covers that are going to be included with the first two complete markers. That means Going_Home and you (Darryl Kuny, right?) will be getting those. All the rest are on their own for eye covers (and since I'm refunding the price of their entire eye install, they're not getting screwed out of any money). It sucks, but it has to be done. I formally give my permission to any and all custom shops to entirely knock off my design for the eye covers. Someone out there will be able to build a set for you. Check with Destructive Customs, Elia PB, Tarantula PB, or maybe even WarpedMephisto over at Tinkering Tech ( http://tinkersguild.org/phpBB2/index.php ).

The eyes and wires with ends to attach to the board are included, but not assembled.

The rail will NOT be machined for wire clearance or to mount the eye covers.

All that stuff does is add to the delay in getting these things out the door. Plus, if I'm refunding the entire cost of doing the eye install, I don't want to undertake 85% of the work to do an eye install for free.

Sorry man, I had to draw the line somewhere, and I knew nobody would be happy about it regardless of where said line landed, so there it is.

p8ntbal4me
12-15-2007, 11:59 PM
http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/12/34900104627.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7296226)
http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/12/34900104638.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7296225)

smilestyler
12-16-2007, 11:12 PM
I have two (2) sets of ULE body covers that are going to be included with the first two complete markers. That means Going_Home and you (Darryl Kuny, right?) will be getting those. All the rest are on their own for eye covers (and since I'm refunding the price of their entire eye install, they're not getting screwed out of any money). It sucks, but it has to be done. I formally give my permission to any and all custom shops to entirely knock off my design for the eye covers. Someone out there will be able to build a set for you. Check with Destructive Customs, Elia PB, Tarantula PB, or maybe even WarpedMephisto over at Tinkering Tech ( http://tinkersguild.org/phpBB2/index.php ).

The eyes and wires with ends to attach to the board are included, but not assembled.

The rail will NOT be machined for wire clearance or to mount the eye covers.

All that stuff does is add to the delay in getting these things out the door. Plus, if I'm refunding the entire cost of doing the eye install, I don't want to undertake 85% of the work to do an eye install for free.

Sorry man, I had to draw the line somewhere, and I knew nobody would be happy about it regardless of where said line landed, so there it is.

Thanks for the reply. I'm really looking forward to this marker, and just wanted to know the extent of the eye install. DC asked me in an email what was left to finish, and I wasn't sure.
:hail:

VeeWee
12-16-2007, 11:33 PM
I have two (2) sets of ULE body covers that are going to be included with the first two complete markers. That means Going_Home and you (Darryl Kuny, right?) will be getting those. All the rest are on their own for eye covers...

Shucks... looks like I'm the first loser in this line.

Any word on the rails yet?

manwe33
12-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Christmas is over any updates?

CoolHand
12-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Christmas is over any updates?

Not really. I've been busy with my own stuff for last two or three weeks.

Any word on the rails yet?

The CNC code is done for the top side, but I still need to do the code for inverted side and the code to cut the soft jaws for the vise.

The CNC machine is back up and running correctly, I just need to flush out the basin and sump and then refill it with fresh coolant.

The superULE rails will not be done until after the frames have been delivered.

Hang in there, I'll get back on the assembly of the bolt-on frames right now.

mobsterboy
12-27-2007, 08:59 PM
awesome man. Kinda sad that i didnt stick with this and trick it out

behemoth
12-28-2007, 12:53 AM
Not gonna lie, me too.

kinda...

I was never big on long-term investments ;)

Keep up the good work Ryan.

Papa_Smurf
01-05-2008, 07:20 PM
now that we've been offline for a while, any updates?

CoolHand
01-05-2008, 08:57 PM
now that we've been offline for a while, any updates?

Not a lot to report, the last time I worked on things I actually found that I'd gone backwards a step instead of making progress.

When I put the power and LED feed wires on the tiny little daughter boards, I made them all too short. What brain deadness on my part caused this, I do not know, but I am working my way back through them, replacing the too short leads with longer ones.

Sorry for the crap up guys, I have no idea why I ended up cutting all those leads like 2" too short. At least I caught it before I had a bunch of the little boards installed in their frames (they're a bugger to get in there).

I worked out in the shop today, so no progress on this front to report yet this weekend.

Hang tight fellas, I'm gonna hit 'em again tomorrow.

CoolHand
01-12-2008, 11:54 PM
MUCH to report tonight!

I drug out all the stuff and made a major push to get these Bolt-On frames out the door.

Pictures of today's progress:

I'm still not done with replacing all the short wired daughter boards, but the drudgery of soldering a single wire over and over was getting to me (and thusly I wasn't getting them done), so I decided to just concentrate on the bolt-on's parts and get them buttoned up.

This is a shot of the wire replacement process, you can just make out the empty hole in the board where the new wire goes.

http://www.logicpaintball.com/ReplaceShortWire.jpg

When I got those six daughter cards done, I decided to focus on one frame and just get it done, then move on to the next, and so on until I run out of parts.

The next step was putting leads on the solenoid.

http://www.logicpaintball.com/SolderNoid.jpg

Then came assembling the battery harness and cutting the capacitor into it, but I forgot to take a picture of that. :tard: After that I put the LPR on the VA and set it aside. Then I installed the daughter board into the frame and finished the assembly of the electronics.

Here's the frame will all the electronic parts assembled and hanging out.

http://www.logicpaintball.com/FBOUEF-GutsHanginOut.jpg

After that I put the LP air hose in and started tidying up the wiring so the grips would go on.

http://www.logicpaintball.com/FBOUEF-SideNoGrips.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/FBOUEF-TopNoGrips.jpg

And then I put the grips on it. If I had gotten it programmed, this frame would now be ready to ship, but I didn't get that far, so it's not (but it's damned close, I'll get it tomorrow).

http://www.logicpaintball.com/FirstCompletedBoltOnUEF.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/FirstCompletedBoltOnUEF2.jpg

Things are moving again guys, don't give up on me yet.

Papa_Smurf
01-13-2008, 12:00 AM
How many are there still to be done?

CoolHand
01-13-2008, 12:02 AM
In case you didn't catch it, that frame is finished and ready for programming.

That means one (1) down, and five (5) to go.

I probably won't get them all done this weekend, but any progress is better than none at all.

Bolt-On guys, be on the lookout for an email from me confirming your shipping address in the coming days. Probably just two or three of you next week, but the rest the following week (unless something goes pear shaped on me, cross your nuts).

Papa_Smurf
01-13-2008, 12:14 AM
So if you have my whole marker It'll be done after the"bolt on" guys?

CoolHand
01-13-2008, 12:43 AM
How many are there still to be done?

Four more bolt-on's, and a complete marker from the first ano batch. I should have them done and ready to ship in one or two more weekends. If I can get two more frames done tomorrow, I can do it in one more weekend for sure. We shall see how it goes in the AM.

After those, there are seven more markers to be done one or two at a time.

Those will go a little slower from having to gather parts and ano them individually.

CoolHand
01-13-2008, 12:46 AM
So if you have my whole marker It'll be done after the"bolt on" guys?

Are you the one with the Karta, Shocktech Gas Thru, and SubZero feed neck?

If so, your marker will be assembled with these bolt-ons because it went to ano with them.

Papa_Smurf
01-13-2008, 01:18 AM
Are you the one with the Karta, Shocktech Gas Thru, and SubZero feed neck?

If so, your marker will be assembled with these bolt-ons because it went to ano with them.
THATS ME!

p8ntbal4me
01-13-2008, 10:15 AM
This is awesome!

I cant wait to have this thing for Tunaball.

~ P8nt

CoolHand
01-16-2008, 06:56 PM
Short update to let you all know where we stand.

A buddy needed help on Sunday, so I got bumpkis done on this project. Sorry, it was one of those "out of left field" kinda deals.

Today is my birthday, so I'm playing hookie, but tomorrow night I'm back on them (like a fat kid on a twinkie).

Hang in there guys, the bannana man wouldn't fail you. :dance:

Papa_Smurf
01-16-2008, 10:06 PM
happy birthday!

CoolHand
01-16-2008, 11:39 PM
happy birthday!

Thank you.

Had Prime Rib for dinner tonight with my folks. Not bad at all.

I'll get back on these things tomorrow night.

Sorry for the delays, I've had so much to do (some of it even fun) that it's been an uphill battle to set aside time to work on them.

I will be spending this coming weekend on them as well. Hopefully I can make the push to get this portion of the preorders filled. That'd put us at nearly 50% done, which is a lot better than I was doing last year at this time.

It would be nice to have all of them delivered before warm weather gets here in earnest, but that's going to depend a lot on how well anodizing goes and how often AGD is out of stock on important parts.

CoolHand
01-17-2008, 11:44 PM
Well, waddya know? I actually got something done when I said I would. HA! :D

Here's the assembly pics for the second bolt-on UEF frame.

Pile-O-Parts:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/BOUEF2PartsPile.jpg

Getting started on the harness install (forgot to take pictures of the harness soldering and assembly, sorry):

http://www.logicpaintball.com/BOUEF2JustStarting.jpg

Getting some more guts in there:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/BOUEF2SomeGuts1.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/BOUEF2SomeGuts2.jpg

AO is being retarded and making me split this post because of all the pics.

Continued below . . . . .

CoolHand
01-17-2008, 11:45 PM
Here's four more.

And more guts still:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/BOUEF2MostGuts.jpg

This concludes the guts:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/BOUEF2GutsInstalled.jpg

Now this frame is finished:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/BOUEF2Finished1.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/BOUEF2Finished2.jpg

Continued again below . . . .

CoolHand
01-17-2008, 11:45 PM
And here's a couple just for the one or two of you wondering if I just took pictures of the other one again (that'd be awful :ninja: of me):

http://www.logicpaintball.com/BOUEF2TwoForTheShow1.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/BOUEF2TwoForTheShow2.jpg

Hopefully I will be posting with another one added to the group tomorrow night about this time.

That is all.

p8ntbal4me
01-18-2008, 12:11 AM
w00t w00t!

smilestyler
01-18-2008, 12:19 AM
Ohh man, I can already SMELL mine

manwe33
01-19-2008, 12:44 PM
Nice to see some of these coming so close to being done.
Question? Can we send you a different LPR or just change it when we get it?
I kinda wanted to go with AKA LPR
or do u think it will make a difference?

CoolHand
01-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Nice to see some of these coming so close to being done.
Question? Can we send you a different LPR or just change it when we get it?
I kinda wanted to go with AKA LPR
or do u think it will make a difference?

The air flow requirements are very low, so just about any LPR will work.

If you like the looks of the AKA LPR better, I can certainly swap it out on yours instead of the MiniMaxFlo. It looks like I'll be a little short on black LPR's anyway, so buying another from AKA will actually help that problem a little bit.

Your call, just let me know what you want to do.

Are you waiting on one of these Bolt-on's, or do you have a whole marker coming?

going_home
01-19-2008, 03:13 PM

If you like the looks of the AKA LPR better, I can certainly swap it out on yours instead of the MiniMaxFlo. It looks like I'll be a little short on black LPR's anyway, so buying another from AKA will actually help that problem a little bit.

Are you waiting on one of these Bolt-on's, or do you have a whole marker coming?

I just looked on their site and didnt see any .
What do they look like ?

CoolHand
01-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Go here and look at the one the farthest to the left:

http://www.airsoldier.com:8080/cgi-bin/mivavm?Merchant2/merchant.mvc+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AOS&Product_Code=AKA-SCM3&Category_Code=REGULATORS

That's the AKA SCM III. They only come in satin black.

manwe33
01-19-2008, 03:43 PM

Thanks i would love the AKA. I just love the way the aka looks. Plus i am a aka fan. i have spot number 10. Full marker. i have my body at jared dc right now getting the eyes and eye covers done. I guess i am the last one you have to deal with. So i am just waiting in the background. letting you make the mistakes on all the other markers and get mine perfect :cheers: thanks for the updates. i cant wait.

One more thing could i run a sidewinder. give it a little more sleeper look. Just a thought.

going_home
01-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Go here and look at the one the farthest to the left:

http://www.airsoldier.com:8080/cgi-bin/mivavm?Merchant2/merchant.mvc+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AOS&Product_Code=AKA-SCM3&Category_Code=REGULATORS

That's the AKA SCM III. They only come in satin black.

Any of them will work fine for me. No preference.
I want mine in dust or gloss black or black something.

CoolHand
01-20-2008, 02:31 AM
Thanks i would love the AKA. I just love the way the aka looks. Plus i am a aka fan. i have spot number 10. Full marker. i have my body at jared dc right now getting the eyes and eye covers done. I guess i am the last one you have to deal with. So i am just waiting in the background. letting you make the mistakes on all the other markers and get mine perfect :cheers: thanks for the updates. i cant wait.

One more thing could i run a sidewinder. give it a little more sleeper look. Just a thought.

If a sidewinder can reliabley put out 60-80 psi, then yes, we can figure out a way to make yours use a sidewinder instead of an LPR.

Like you said, it's going to be last anyway. ;)

CoolHand
01-20-2008, 02:45 AM
OK, update time, then I'm crashing for about ten hours. :eek:

I got not one, but two (count 'em) TWO more frames done today. That leaves just two to do tomorrow, so I might actually get these first six polished off this weekend.

I still have to read the Chaos manual and do the programming, but once I get the PC software sorted out and configured, that should go pretty fast. With any luck at all, these six frames will be shipping next weekend.

Picward HO!

First I knocked out the last four wiring harnesses. I wanted to get all the soldering done so I could be finished with the fumes and crap for a while:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/FinishedHarnesses.jpg

Then I put the leads onto the solenoids:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/AttachingNoidLeads.jpg

After that I started on assembling the third frame:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/BOUEF3Progress1.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/BOUEF3Progress2.jpg

AO still makes me break the pics out into more than one post.

More to follow . . . . .

manwe33
01-20-2008, 02:45 AM
If a sidewinder can reliabley put out 60-80 psi, then yes, we can figure out a way to make yours use a sidewinder instead of an LPR.

Like you said, it's going to be last anyway. ;)
That is about what my vikings run at so i think we will be safe. cant wait ill do some homework on it. :dance: :dance: :dance:

CoolHand
01-20-2008, 02:46 AM
That makes three done now:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/TheeDownThreeToGo.jpg

Then I started in on number four (at about 10:45pm):

http://www.logicpaintball.com/BOUEF4Progress.jpg

Finally, at about 1:20am I got number four done:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/FourDownTwoToGo1.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/FourDownTwoToGo2.jpg

Hopefully I'll be posting some more pics later today, but right now I must sleep.

That is all.

CoolHand
01-20-2008, 02:48 AM
That is about what my vikings run at so i think we will be safe. cant wait ill do some homework on it. :dance: :dance: :dance:

No, your Vikings recock at 70 psi. That's the LPR's output. The sidewinder on a Viking will run about ~200 psi.

I've never tried to run a sidewinder at such a low pressure, I don't know how it will flow.

manwe33
01-20-2008, 02:55 AM
No, your Vikings recock at 70 psi. That's the LPR's output. The sidewinder on a Viking will run about ~200 psi.

I've never tried to run a sidewinder at such a low pressure, I don't know how it will flow.
Ok home work time. i a pneumatics mag i am working on. Ill try and get a side winder to work on it. If not i could go with the Plamer reg that people are using on there pneumaticmag. Anyways get job on those frames its nice to see them about done. There aregoing to be some sexy beasts running around this summer. Are you planing on selling any gutted frames. do u have any left over. if so let me know.

Papa_Smurf
01-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Looking good! :headbang:

CoolHand
01-20-2008, 04:57 PM
Bad news fellows. In my sleep deprived haze last night, I forgot that I had used the last two #10-32 hose barbs I had to assemble those two frames I did last night.

I ordered some more from AirSoldier three or four days ago, so hopefully they will arrive on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

So today I did as much assembly as I could on the last two frames and now they wait for the hose barbs to show up so I can finish them.

I'm gonna spend the rest of the day puzzling out the programming software.

Papa_Smurf
01-20-2008, 05:05 PM
sent you a PM coolhand.

olinar
01-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Those are great, Im kicking myself for not taking someone's preorder spot wheni had the opportunity.

These are going to be awesome!

CoolHand
01-20-2008, 07:31 PM
Here's where we sit at the end of the day today.

Bolt-On frame #5 is about 75% done:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/BOUEF5SemiDone.jpg

Bolt-On frame #6 is also about 75% done:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/BOUEF6SemiDone.jpg

Here's the whole batch as it sets right now:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/BOUEFsFourAnd3QrtsDone.jpg

That is all until I get the hose barbs from ASP.

At any rate, progress has been made. Huzzah!

CoolHand
01-21-2008, 05:56 PM
No joy on the hose barbs today.

The mail didn't run because of MLK day, so it likely won't be there tomorrow either.

Hopefully Wed will have better news.

Sorry guys.

:(

CoolHand
01-22-2008, 10:51 AM
Well, the hits just keep on comin' folks.

I figured out the programming software (which was exceptionally easy as it turned out), but a new problem has arisen.

When I bought these boards, Goldie made no mention of the fact that they only output 5V to the solenoid, instead of just switching battery voltage like the Predators used to. I found this out couple of weeks ago after someone on here posted a little "heads up" which prompted me to do some digging.

Well, I thought maybe I'd better check and make sure they were going to actually shift the solenoids before I shipped anything, so I wired up a harness and proceeded to try and energize a coil to see if I could get a click out of the little bastard. Pull the trigger, and I get . . . . . . . silence.

Perfect.

So, I am curious as to if the board is outputting anything at all, so I wire up the solenoid output leads to my multi-meter and switch the board mode to FA so I can get a fairly constant reading of the output voltage. I found that board to be putting out only 2.2V. Uh Oh. So I checked another. 2.21V, and another 1.26V, and another 1.49V, and another 1.38V and so on, until I had checked all 19 boards that were not already inside a frame. The results? One (1) board out of nineteen (19) output even remotely close to 5V (the last one I tested put out 4.75V).

At this point I'm pretty pissed (about 8:30pm last night), and I go over to Goldie's website to put in a support ticket. At least this time his guy responded in a timely fashion.

So here's the deal:

1) The first run of Chaos 2k6 boards they did were built with the incorrect or faulty mosfets, which makes them do what mine are doing.
2) I have to send them back to Goldie, at which point he will either repair or replace them with 2k7 boards.
3) This is going to take more than a week. Goldie is having some sort of surgery, so he's out of action for the rest of this week for sure, and then he has to actually fix the boards (unless he decides they're a lost cause and replaces them), which will also takes time. He ships USPS which means at least ten days in transit (counting both ways together).
4) With that in mind, I am going to try and pressure him into just replacing the things from stock to keep our turn around time as low as possible.
5) If the one close to good board will cycle its solenoid, would you all rather I sent it back with the others, or completed one frame and got it shipped on time? I'd draw the name of one of the six guys from a hat to try to be fair about it, so I want to hear from all of you on that front.

This REALLY sucks. A lot. A huge amount. Like a two dolla hooker.

So, this brings me to a fork in the road.

I cannot deliver all of the frames this coming weekend, as they are useless without a board to drive them. For that I am very sorry, but it's out of my hands at this point. I will do my very best to irritate Goldie into making the turnaround as short as possible.

However, what I CAN do is move on to the first two full markers in line and get their ano started, so at least the project won't stall out totally.

If the wait gets to be ridiculous (like two years isn't :rolleyes: ) on the boards, we may have to discuss other options, such as using a different board altogether. But since I have the better part of $2500 tied up in the boards I have now, I'm much rather that they did as they were supposed to.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how Goldie handles things.

For the record, at this point, I pretty much hate all PB electronics (and by association their creators), and wish I'd never gotten you all or me into this mess to start with.

Sorry guys, I just can't catch a break on these things. :(

smilestyler
01-22-2008, 11:31 AM
I vote that you move onto the full markers :D

As far as the board set back goes, another 2 week delay is not that big of a deal in light of the whole time span of this project. I'm sure everybody will agree that we trust you with this, and you have kept us all updated, and we will keep on trusting you. The last thing you would want to do at this point is deliver a product that has issues, so keep up the good work.

p8ntbal4me
01-22-2008, 01:33 PM
Ryan;

I have the SAME problem with all my boards. I bought 2 and they BARELY push a MAC noid,.. wont even come close to driving an SMC 6volt noid with or without a cap.

I talked with Andy from Warped Airsmithing and he has the same problem.

Goldie told him it was the MOSFET for sure (http://www.network54.com/Forum/9013/message/1155239225/Need+help+with+2k6+Chaos+board). <------ Link to the conversation on the white boards

The only offer I got was:

1. A new letter to the developer of the board (Richard) to see if it was a design flaw or a bad part. <---- he thinks its a bad part but who knows

2. Send in my 2k7 boards and get 2k4 boards for replacements <--- which wont help me since I have metal work to fit the 2k7 and not the 2k4

3. Wait till hes done his surgery and get a response back from his developer Richard.

I havent been on the "wait list" for as long as some of you guys,.. but Id say:

Build everything to the point where you need to wait for boards, get new boards, install new boards, ship frames and guns,... give yourself a Huzaaaah :headbang:

~ P8nt

going_home
01-22-2008, 02:40 PM
I vote that you move onto the full markers :D

As far as the board set back goes, another 2 week delay is not that big of a deal in light of the whole time span of this project. I'm sure everybody will agree that we trust you with this, and you have kept us all updated, and we will keep on trusting you. The last thing you would want to do at this point is deliver a product that has issues, so keep up the good work.

AMEN. :D

manwe33
01-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Full markers. that is my vote.

CoolHand
01-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Alrighty then, that's where we'll go.

I will set down and compile my list-o-parts that I need to gather up for the full markers and start getting ano choices nailed down.

The hose barbs did not come today either, big surprise, but at this point that's the least of my troubles.

And seriously, thank you guys for being so patient with this obvious debacle of a project.

If I've learned nothing else from this experience it has been this:

If you cannot make it yourself, you cannot count on it. Period.

My two biggest stumbling blocks have always been anodizing and electronics. I've finally found a good anodizer (I hope, cross your balls on that one), but I cannot for the life of me find a reliable supplier of control boards.

I really wish the WAS Viking boards were not so damned big. Those things were perfect, easy to work on, easy to program, dependable, and cheap. But they're huge. :rolleyes:

Oh well, it is what it is. Life rolls on.

CoolHand
01-23-2008, 10:47 AM
I've spoke with Goldie about the boards, and it looks like I'm going to send them all in and let them test and replace the components to get the output up to battery voltage instead of just 5V.

This is a very good thing, but it might take more than two weeks. I would settle in for at least a month wait on the boards.

But that give me plenty of time to get at least two and maybe four of the complete markers at least off to ano, if not back from ano.

We'll get it, one way or another.

CoolHand
01-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Hose barbs came today.

Nothing else of importance to report.

smilestyler
02-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Coolhand,
Are we supposed to email you about choice of ano colors on the whole guns? Or will you be contacting us?

CoolHand
02-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Coolhand,
Are we supposed to email you about choice of ano colors on the whole guns? Or will you be contacting us?

I'll be contacting the first two guys shortly.

I got tangled up trying to troubleshoot these boards last week and didn't get it done.

I have found two new ways to not make the boards do what I need them to. Goldie and Defiance are working on a third and maybe a fourth currently.

Sorry for the news blackout, I've just been busy.

Papa_Smurf
02-07-2008, 03:38 PM

I got tangled up trying to troubleshoot these boards last week and didn't get it done.

I have found two new ways to not make the boards do what I need them to. Goldie and Defiance are working on a third and maybe a fourth currently.

So they did get a few done?

p8ntbal4me
02-07-2008, 05:19 PM

A few new ways???

Oh please tell me that the ones I got dont have even more problems :(

Hmmm,..... I think your going to hate paintball once these things are done Ryan!

~ P8nt

going_home
02-09-2008, 02:14 PM

:clap: :dance: :bounce:

4rpp
02-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Hey are you still taking orders? Let me know as I would love to get one. I realize there is probably a huge waiting list. Well let me know what the situation is.
Thanks
Justin

CoolHand
02-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Hey are you still taking orders? Let me know as I would love to get one. I realize there is probably a huge waiting list. Well let me know what the situation is.
Thanks
Justin

Not at this point.

I am not going to subject anyone else to the ongoing pain and suffering that is this project.

If I get all these preorders filled and still have sanity left, I will sell the rest of them as DIY kits. You get the parts, you put them together, you deal with ano, etc.

These guys will get their markers, come hell or high water, but I don't want to make things worse than they already are by taking more passengers onto a boat that is already taking on water a listing badly to port.

To the guys already in the boat with me - I haven't heard from Goldie in several days now, despite repeated emails asking for an update. I do not know what kind of trouble we are in here. It could be that he's just gone back to work and is busy. It could also be that he's realized the boards will have to be totally redone and doesn't want to deal with it. At this point, I just don't know. Hell, he could have had to go back to the hospital.

I have sent PM's to the first two guys on the full marker ano list. Please read the whole thing and reply when you get a chance. If GBA is not terribly busy, we might get all the ano on all these full markers knocked out in a month or so. Sorry this has taken me so long, I kinda took this weekend off. :ninja: I was in mah shopz turnen mah faceplatez. :D

Hang in there guys, we'll get the damned boat to the shore, one way or the other. We all just gotta be careful how we lean . . . . . . .

mag79
02-10-2008, 10:45 PM
How long have people been waiting for these markers?

CoolHand
02-10-2008, 10:53 PM
How long have people been waiting for these markers?

A very long time. Too damned long, really. Way longer than it was supposed to have been.

If we haven't crossed the two year mark yet, it is getting mighty close.

Good thing Mags aren't really getting any more outdated. If this had been centered around a different marker with less staying power (say the 2k4 style Timmys for instance), people wouldn't want them anymore once they were finally done.

At least with the Mag, when I get them done, they will rule just as much as they would have two years ago, and they guys that get them will be just as happy to keep them.

That's pretty much the only thought that's kept me from throwing in the towel on these things. Well, that, and I gave my word that I'd deliver something, and the fact that I refuse to be defeated in a battle being fought against less than 20 lbs of aluminum, silicon, and copper. ;)

fshrmn76
02-10-2008, 10:53 PM
I think I got the last one, ordered it 11-23-05. Coolhand has had many setbacks but always lets us know whats going on.

CoolHand
02-10-2008, 10:57 PM
I think I got the last one, ordered it 11-23-05. Coolhand has had many setbacks but always lets us know whats going on.

Damn. Ok, yeah, it's been two years and three months then.

I am so sorry about the horrible debacle this has turned into.

I cannot thank you guys enough for having the patience to stick with me and not have a revolt over all the delays. I did not expect it, but I am certainly grateful for it.

mag79
02-10-2008, 11:09 PM
pm you coolhand

4rpp
02-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Anyone interested in selling there spot for a frame? Let me know I will pay cash and I also have a badass FBM Vampire autococker to sweeten the deal(pm me for pics). Let me know. Coolhand, if some one does sell can you verify for me?
Thanks

CoolHand
02-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Anyone interested in selling there spot for a frame? Let me know I will pay cash and I also have a badass FBM Vampire autococker to sweeten the deal(pm me for pics). Let me know. Coolhand, if some one does sell can you verify for me?
Thanks

That, I will do.

CoolHand
02-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Not a lot to report.

Both Defiance and Goldie are working on the board problems, but have not made any progress to speak of.

When I know anything else, I will post it.

Have a good weekend fellas.

p8ntbal4me
02-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Ryan;

Sent you an email about the boards,... possible solution.

~ P8nt

cyrus-the-virus
03-02-2008, 01:03 AM
That, I will do.

And if he does not want it count me in. I've got cash waiting for a frame and/or a full marker.

CoolHand
03-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Now, for those of you who aren't a random troll with nothing at stake, I have a little news.

Goldie emailed me the other day to inform me that Defiance had figured out a work-around to not only fix the bad output, but to get the output up to 9V.

Hoo-Fricken-Ray! :headbang:

The boards all went back to Vaporworks to be modified on Tues or Wed of this week.

I have also talked to Zupe and lined up the last few parts and stuff I need for the full markers. That stuff should ship on Mon or Tues of next week.

That's the good news.

The bad news is that now we're back to waiting on Goldie again. We've been down this road before, I can still see the smoking carcasses on either side in the ditch. Hopefully this passage will be less "interesting" than the last.

But, even if he's slow as dirt again, I can at least get the ano all taken care of while we wait.

So, overall, I'd say we're into Huzzah! territory again this week.

p8ntbal4me
03-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Now, for those of you who aren't a random troll with nothing at stake, I have a little news.

Goldie emailed me the other day to inform me that Defiance had figured out a work-around to not only fix the bad output, but to get the output up to 9V.

Hoo-Fricken-Ray! :headbang:

The boards all went back to Vaporworks to be modified on Tues or Wed of this week.

I have also talked to Zupe and lined up the last few parts and stuff I need for the full markers. That stuff should ship on Mon or Tues of next week.

That's the good news.

The bad news is that now we're back to waiting on Goldie again. We've been down this road before, I can still see the smoking carcasses on either side in the ditch. Hopefully this passage will be less "interesting" than the last.

But, even if he's slow as dirt again, I can at least get the ano all taken care of while we wait.

So, overall, I'd say we're into Huzzah! territory again this week.

LOL,... figures Ryan!!! haaaa!

Oh well,.... EP Ripper goodness will be mine one way or the other!! :shooting:

~ P8nt

Beemer
03-07-2008, 11:49 PM
Ok I was here. :ninja: I had to remove some posts to clean it up some. One was yours CoolHand. Sorry you had to reply to that troll. He wont be back for a week. If any of you have a problem with a post removal PM me about it. I can put your post back if you want CooHand. It is YOUR thread.

In the mean time the boat is still afloat and not sinking. Maybe a little off course but still moving along. Just so ya know your name still stands here. Next time please dont waste your time on a troll and just report it and we will handle it. :argh:

Carry on............ :cheers:

CoolHand
03-08-2008, 12:40 AM
Ok I was here. :ninja: I had to remove some posts to clean it up some. One was yours CoolHand. Sorry you had to reply to that troll. He wont be back for a week. If any of you have a problem with a post removal PM me about it. I can put your post back if you want CooHand. It is YOUR thread.

In the mean time the boat is still afloat and not sinking. Maybe a little off course but still moving along. Just so ya know your name still stands here. Next time please dont waste your time on a troll and just report it and we will handle it. :argh:

Carry on............ :cheers:

Thanks for that.

No need to put my post back, as it was really just a long winded insult, though it did have a certain eloquence to it that I seem only able to tap into when pissed off.

At any rate, it reminded me to do an update, and I even had actual information to pass along, so it's all good.

Have a good weekend fellows, I'm going to try and get out into the shop for a change. :ninja:

Corbet
03-08-2008, 01:09 AM
I can't believe this thread has been here for 2.5+ years.

Beemer
03-08-2008, 01:33 AM
Thanks for that.

No need to put my post back, as it was really just a long winded insult, though it did have a certain eloquence to it that I seem only able to tap into when pissed off.At any rate, it reminded me to do an update, and I even had actual information to pass along, so it's all good.

Have a good weekend fellows, I'm going to try and get out into the shop for a change. :ninja:

Ahhh I know the feeling. It was a true post none the less. :headbang:

I can't believe this thread has been here for 2.5+ years.

Stay tuned. It will be epic when the boat docks. :shooting:

lostprophet
03-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Good luck to you all, I am so :mad: that I wasn't around to get one of these. Once the "Boat" docks I can't wait to see videos. Also, Luke if I had been here I wouldn't have minded waiting. I hear nothing but good things about your work. Don't get disheartened it's guys like you that keep guys like me with awesomeness to show off at the field when EVERYONE else is sporting the same old Ion and Matrix and such. So thank you as an maker and a do'er. You make owning a Mag great

With respect
LostProphet

CoolHand
03-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Thanks.

It's good to see that for every troll, there is at least one or two guys who are happy to see something happening.

I called AGD and left a message for Dave today to pay for the parts I still need, so those should be shipping this week sometime.

As soon as they get here, I'll sort out the bits and get the second ano batch ready to go out.

In a couple three weeks, we ought to have some badass pictars of finished ano to show off. If the guys at GBA are in good form, we might even have all of them done by that time.

We shall see.

At any rate, progress is underway.

Huzzah Again!

:headbang: :ninja:

CoolHand
03-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Short update before I go to Rolla and get my St Pat's on. :headbang: :dance: :sleeping:

I got a box from UPS today, and when I opened it, what did I find?

AGD Flavored Love!

http://www.logicpaintball.com/BoxOAGDGoodnessMarch08.jpg

That's the last of the parts for the full markers that have been ordered.

Now, for all the trolls and nay sayers out there, I just want to point out that inside that box is $2,200 out of my last paycheck. Straight out of my pocket (as the money taken in on the preorder has long ago been spent on the other parts you all have already seen), into AGD's coffers.

If I was gonna rabbit and not deliver the goods, dontcha think I'd have done that before I went spent over two grand out of pocket? :rolleyes: Just sayin'.

That all said, I AM going to be incognito for the next day or three, partying my posterior off at the 100th annual St Pat's celebration at UMR.

Woo to the Hoo! No need to pack pants people, let's GO!

:headbang: :cheers:

I'll post again mid-next week after I've recovered, assuming I survive. :ninja:

going_home
03-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Short update before I go to Rolla and get my St Pat's on.

I got a box from UPS today, and when I opened it, what did I find?

AGD Flavored Love!

That's the last of the parts for the full markers that have been ordered.

Now, for all the trolls and nay sayers out there, I just want to point out that inside that box is $2,200 out of my last paycheck. Straight out of my pocket (as the money taken in on the preorder has long ago been spent on the other parts you all have already seen), into AGD's coffers.

If I was gonna rabbit and not deliver the goods, dontcha think I'd have done that before I went spent over two grand out of pocket? Just sayin'.

That all said, I AM going to be incognito for the next day or three, partying my posterior off at the 100th annual St Pat's celebration at UMR.

Woo to the Hoo! No need to pack pants people, let's GO!

I'll post again mid-next week after I've recovered, assuming I survive. :ninja:

:bounce: :rofl: :dance: :clap:

p8ntbal4me
03-19-2008, 04:21 PM

Ohhhhh baby!!

I count 19 bodies in that box!!!

I would LOVE to get a box like that on my door step!!!! :clap:

~ P8nt

CoolHand
03-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Ohhhhh baby!!

I count 19 bodies in that box!!!

I would LOVE to get a box like that on my door step!!!! :clap:

~ P8nt

Actually, what you're counting is seven bodies, seven valves, seven foregrips, and seven rails, though I don't think I'm going to use the rails.

I just finished the GCode to cut some SuperULE rails from bar stock. They're looking like about 2.5 ozs for the finished rail, and yes, that's an RTP length rail.

Hopefully things will go well this weekend and I can get a few of them cut. If the weekend goes by and I get nothing done, I will have the rails that came with the bodies and valves anodized to keep the show rolling.

Stay tuned, hopefully I'll have pics of shiny new metal bits in a few days. :ninja:

smilestyler
03-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Were you going to mill room for the eye wiring in the rail? I've been unclear on this for a while but forgot to ask.

CoolHand
03-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Were you going to mill room for the eye wiring in the rail? I've been unclear on this for a while but forgot to ask.

Yes, I will clearance inside the rail for the eye wires.

The only machine work you'll have to do to the rail to install the eyes is cut a half round slot from left to right across the top of the rail right under where the eyes go, so the wires can pass between the edge of the rail and the body.

This is the only cut I cannot do ahead of time, 'cause it will show on markers where people choose not to use the eyes.

In a pinch, you could do it with a chainsaw file, but since you'll have to drill the body for eyes anyway, you'll be having someone do some machine work anyway, best to let them handle it then.

going_home
03-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Ryan whatever you do DONT look at this thread .

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2608915

Warwitch sent his Viking and looks like Gruntbull may have destroyed it.

:wow:

UTDragun
03-23-2008, 12:12 PM

more stress and drama please

CoolHand
03-23-2008, 05:34 PM

Oh joy. :rolleyes:

Well, if they destroy something, we'll deal with it.

I just don't have any other more reliable options for ano at this point.

If they take three times as long as they say they will, AND destroy 10% of the batch, they'll still be no worse than any of the other anodizers I have used in the past.

Here's to hoping it's an isolated crap-up. :cheers:

At least none of these parts are truly irreplaceable (certainly not has hard to replace as a Viking body). I have enough parts here to build the preorders twice over, and AGD still stocks ULE bodies, so we'll have at least two tries to get it right. :ninja:

Besides, these markers are none of them terribly complex. I would hope that a simple ano would get done faster, and be more likely to miss the crap-ups than a super complex one like that Viking had.

Like I said, we shall see.

BTW, short update while I'm here.

I got the tools all pulled out for the SULE rails and I've got 90% of the GCode done for them as well.

However, I got tangled up with a project for my old man, so I'm not going to get them cut this weekend. I'm not going to call it just yet though, 'cause I'm getting really close, and I don't want to send these things out of here with standard weight AGD EMag rails on them unless there is just no other option.

Goldie emailed me to say he'd spaced on my boards all last week (didn't touch them at all), but that he thinks he got one fixed yesterday. If the output is correct, he'll grind through the others and get them back my way. No idea on ETA though. :(

Hang in there guys, we're still moving along, it's just at a near-dead snail's pace.

wooky
03-30-2008, 11:44 PM
CoolHand I am just checking in, I suppose all these babies are still spoken for? I still have cash for anyones spot!!

JLMK
Wook

zazzoo
04-01-2008, 09:46 PM
CoolHand I am just checking in, I suppose all these babies are still spoken for? I still have cash for anyones spot!!

JLMK
Wook

Same here are there still gonna be extra frames available I know i talked to you about it before but I forgot what you had told me :tard:

CoolHand
04-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Same here are there still gonna be extra frames available I know i talked to you about it before but I forgot what you had told me :tard:

I have ten (10) more kits to sell when this is all done.

First come, first served, until they are gone.

They'll be sold as semi-finished kits only though. I don't want to deal with another huge **** storm like this again.

zazzoo
04-03-2008, 01:59 PM

They'll be sold as semi-finished kits only though. I don't want to deal with another huge **** storm like this again.
very understandable I'll keep checking to see when this gets done but if you would shoot me a pm when its all over with I would like a shot at one of the 10
:cheers: goodluck on finishing these up

joelbird
04-03-2008, 04:25 PM

I would be interested in one of the 10 down the road when they are available. keep me posted about them

CoolHand
04-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Goldie sent me back a board that he thought he'd gotten fixed, but when I tested it, I got the same outcome as before, so I don't think we're really any better off yet.

Sorry I don't have better news on that front.

With the rain and crummy weather, I haven't gotten anything done out in the shop either.

Too cold for the CNC to operate correctly, and too damned wet and soft to get more propane into the tanks either (plus it's like $2.65 a gal right now).

Hopefully the weather will break this week or next and I can get something done.

manwe33
04-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Well atleast something is happen.. I cant wait to get better weather my self. Drop a couple inchs of snow here yesterday... This weather sucks.

Just wondering if Jared got ahold of you about the eye covers for my body. He said he would try and contact you!

CoolHand
04-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Well atleast something is happen.. I cant wait to get better weather my self. Drop a couple inchs of snow here yesterday... This weather sucks.

Just wondering if Jared got ahold of you about the eye covers for my body. He said he would try and contact you!

He did.

Right now, he is waiting on me to supply him with a SuperULE rail, which I have not machined yet.

We're on the same page though, which is more than we had two weeks ago, so that's something at least.

smilestyler
04-08-2008, 11:53 PM
Did any parts go to gruntbull yet?

manwe33
04-09-2008, 12:14 AM
He did.

Right now, he is waiting on me to supply him with a SuperULE rail, which I have not machined yet.

We're on the same page though, which is more than we had two weeks ago, so that's something at least.

Great that is prefect news!!!!!!

CoolHand
04-09-2008, 01:02 AM
Did any parts go to gruntbull yet?

No, they're waiting on me to get the SuperULE rails cut.

I'll do my damnedest to get at least a few cut this weekend.

I've got the GCode done, the tools pulled and ready to load, and the bar stock waiting in the rack, I just need the weather to cooperate for a couple of days in a row.

The CNC machine refuses to shift the gearbox or change tools when the ambient temp is below 65-70 degs F inside the shop. Differential heating causes the tools to stick in the spindle and fault out the control. When that happens, it's a start over from the beginning kind of problem, which makes it a big problem. Assuming I can actually physically remove the stuck toolholder from the spindle, I have to do so by hand, then reset the tool changer manually, drop the umbrella down and reload the rogue toolholder, jog back to a safe zone, and restart the program from the beginning (and then hope another tool doesn't stick the second time around). Basically, it makes it impossible to get anything done.

Same thing with the gear box in the head. The gears and bearings get warm with use, but the casting stays pretty much at ambient when it's cold (just not enough heat generated to keep up with the loss to the surrounding air, so the temp never really rises above ambient), so the shafts bind the shifter shuttle when it tries to shift into high gear. When it's cutting alum, I only ever use high gear, BUT in order to change tools, it has to down shift into low, index the spindle to change the tool, then shift back into high and spin up the new tool. If it can't get back into high for whatever reason, it faults out and we go back to the start again. It's not as involved a restart as the tool changer fault, but it still makes me restart the program from the beginning, and once again, basically makes it impossible to get anything done.

Ordinarily, I'd just crank up the heater for a day or so and let things warm up real good and stay there, but I ran out of propane about two or three weeks back, and it has literally been raining here ever since. That means there's no way to get a truck into the yard and around behind the shop to fill the tanks (it'd just sink up to the axles the instant it left the gravel drive, hell, I sink up to the axles when I walk out there). Couple that with propane that is ~$2.65 a gallon and two tanks totalling 1500 gals of capacity, and add in that it's nearly summer for good measure, and you find that the heat just ain't a gonna be running for a month or two at least.

When it gets above 70 degs F outside for a couple of days, I can get back in there and bang out some rails. Until then, we wait.

Sorry, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

smilestyler
04-09-2008, 07:04 PM
If you haven't sent to gruntbull, and you have been speaking to Jared, is it too late to get the eyes installed? I can't seem to get a hold of him.

manwe33
04-09-2008, 07:53 PM
If you haven't sent to gruntbull, and you have been speaking to Jared, is it too late to get the eyes installed? I can't seem to get a hold of him.

From what i know Jared has a months of work ahead of him. I would guess if he has not gotten back to you it might be a little late. I sent my body over to him about 4 months ago. But you never know. Keep trying to get ahold of jared and find out. I dont think Ryan knows what Jared project load is. Jared might be able to do your body the same time he does mine. What kind of body are you Using? And what kind of rail?

manwe33
04-09-2008, 07:55 PM

One more thing. What part of Saskatchewan are you from. I spent some time in Regina and PA a few years ago.

smilestyler
04-09-2008, 10:40 PM
One more thing. What part of Saskatchewan are you from. I spent some time in Regina and PA a few years ago.

I play with PA Predators, but I live about 80 miles away.

My problem is that my emails bounce back, and he never returns messages on his answering machine. I am using the superULE rail with vert ULE body.

CoolHand
04-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Nothing has gone to ano yet, so you're OK there.

I have no better luck getting a hold of Jared than anyone else does (though my emails don't bounce outright), sometimes it's more than a week from when I send an email to when I get a response (assuming I get one).

The guy's just hella busy, and like me, he's a little scatter-brained on the small stuff. Keep trying, you'll catch him eventually.

trevorjk
04-10-2008, 02:09 AM
hey coolhand, ive been trying to stay up on this thread since the start. but the last 10 pages or so i have not read.

im just curious how are things coming along with this project? have you been able to ship any of these frames out yet? when is a projected date? ect ect?

no i havent pre-ordered one, and im pretty sure ill never be able to afford one. (unless you make another run somwhere down the line) but i can wish :p

CoolHand
04-10-2008, 11:08 AM
hey coolhand, ive been trying to stay up on this thread since the start. but the last 10 pages or so i have not read.

im just curious how are things coming along with this project? have you been able to ship any of these frames out yet? when is a projected date? ect ect?

no i havent pre-ordered one, and im pretty sure ill never be able to afford one. (unless you make another run somwhere down the line) but i can wish :p

I got to within a hair's breadth of getting the bolt-on's shipped (which account for just under half the preorders owed), but board problems stopped me cold. Goldie is working on the problem as we type.

I have no idea exactly when we'll be getting back on track date wise. As soon as Sam gets my boards sorted, the bolt-on kits can ship, and we'll be half done for real.

I'm working on the rails for the full markers as time and the weather allows my CNC to operate. Once that's done, it's off to ano for all those parts (in two batches likely), then assembly as I can get to them. Likely two or three a week until they're all done. I'll ship them as I get them done.

That's about all I can offer for a timeline, 'cause there's a lot of this stuff that is still out of my hands. The main delay on my end right now is getting good weather so my CNC will run reliably and I can get the rails cut for the full marker guys.

trevorjk
04-10-2008, 11:22 AM
sounds great! keep up the hard work, AO need more guys like you around :cheers:

CoolHand
04-20-2008, 08:15 PM
I've accomplished nothing since my last post.

It has been rainy and cold here basically perpetually since then.

Hell, it was 45 degs F here yesterday. That's a no-go day for the CNC machine.

Hang in there guys, the weather's gotta break before too much longer.

pk5
04-24-2008, 12:11 PM
are you taking any more pre order?