PDA

View Full Version : Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

CoolHand
04-24-2008, 12:59 PM
are you taking any more pre order?

Nope, sorry.

I will have ten (10) kits to sell in unfinished kit form when these preorders have been delivered.

But not a second before.

CoolHand
05-04-2008, 09:12 PM
I was going to work this weekend, but it turned off cold on me.

47 Degs F on Sat and about 55 Degs F today.

I did go ahead and get the tools set and ready to load into the machine though, so everything is literally staged up and waiting for a decent weekend.

Hang in there guys, the weather has to break before too much longer, it's frickin' May for cryin' out loud.

mag79
05-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Nope, sorry.

I will have ten (10) kits to sell in unfinished kit form when these preorders have been delivered.

But not a second before.

Can I put my name down for one of these kits?

CoolHand
05-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Can I put my name down for one of these kits?

Sorry man.

First come, first served.

CoolHand
05-11-2008, 07:44 PM
It was 55 Degs F and raining on Sat, and 50 Degs F and raining today.

I tell you one thing, this year has been the crappiest spring that I can ever remember.

Even the day job is taking it on the chin, 'cause we just can't get any decent days to work.

You think this project sucks, how'd you like to have $2-3 million tied up in a project that you can't work on 'cause the rain just won't stop long enough for the ground to dry out.

The weather's gotta break eventually, I just hope we all don't snap before it does.

Hang in there.

:cheers:

wooky
05-12-2008, 10:26 PM
CoolHand, I am just checking in again... I still have cash in hand in case someone snaps!!

Wook

CoolHand
05-17-2008, 06:50 PM
It was very nice here this weekend, but I had to work. The day job is behind, and I was sick on Friday to boot, so the weekend took it on the chin.

Tomorrow I go to Springfield to help my sister move into her new house.

This weekend is a bust, but it looks like the weather is going to hold out.

:shooting:

CoolHand
05-26-2008, 04:00 PM
I took this weekend off and did the holiday thing.

No progress to report.

However, the weather seems to have turned for good now, so that's not holding me back anymore.

Hope everyone had a good holiday.

CoolHand
06-08-2008, 10:45 PM
I had to work Sat, and I was plum done in by today, so I got bupkis done.

Things are really getting busy around here, so I foresee the next 4-6 weekends will be lost to the day job.

That being the case, I believe I am going to go ahead with ano and send stock RTP rails with the markers so they can at least be assembled and used.

I will knock out the rails when it slows down again, and have them anodized separately. If needs be, I will ship them out later if I have to.

I hate to have to do it piecemeal like that, but my lack of time in the shop has progress on these things at a standstill, so I'm left with no other choice.

I'm still waiting on Goldie to fix the boards, but that's out of my hands for now.

smilestyler
06-26-2008, 01:03 PM
update?

CoolHand
06-26-2008, 06:42 PM
update?

I'm working on lining up ano for the seven complete markers right now.

It took near a week for GBA to get back to me, and now I've been near a week getting back to them.

Too much going on at the moment I'm afraid.

It's moving, albeit at a snails pace.

Geronimo7
06-26-2008, 09:49 PM
WOW
dang near 3 years now, keep diggin bud :headbang:

going_home
06-30-2008, 10:20 PM
WOW
dang near 3 years now, keep diggin bud :headbang:

Well now I feel better :tard:
Thanks chief .

:(

CoolHand
06-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Yes, I concur.

While I appreciate the support, must you rub it in so?

Papa_Smurf
06-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Yes, I concur.

To the workshop with you sir!

:rofl:

Geronimo7
07-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Yes, I concur.

Not rubbing anything in, that just shows the extreme dedication you have put into this awesome project. Most people would have probably bailed by now, but you have not :argh:

so.... keep diggin bud :headbang:

CoolHand
07-13-2008, 09:50 PM
I've got ano arranged with GBA, but I need to wait another couple of weeks so I can have another $1000 to spare without putting myself in a bind.

Sorry guys, but I gotta pace my expenditures like anyone else does.

On the board front, Goldie has informed me that the boards he sold me originally, won't actually do what I need them to. That means I have to wait for his new universal boards to be finished.

He said it wouldn't be too long a wait, but considering how long it took him diagnose and finally decide the originals wouldn't work, that could mean two months, or two years.

I'm going to wait them out until there's nothing else to do except install the boards, and then we'll revisit this.

Sorry I don't have better news, but at least it's some news.

gruntbull
07-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Once we are done CoolHand you will have pics to post to your viewers. This maybe the longest running thread on AO.

lasrsktr
07-31-2008, 02:45 PM
any updates on this.... anxiously waiting

CoolHand
07-31-2008, 07:43 PM
any updates on this.... anxiously waiting

I'm going to move forward with ano next week.

I'll package up everything this weekend and get it headed for GBA the first of next week.

They're going to take them all at once, and try to turn them around in just a few weeks.

Hopefully I'll have pictars and good news to post before the end of August.

:ninja: EDIT:

I'm still waiting on Goldie for the boards, and I haven't heard a peep from him in more than a month.

If I can rattle his cage and get any useful information, I'll post it.

That is all.

SpecialBlend2786
08-02-2008, 03:31 AM
Glad to see this amazing project is still alive, I just went through the thread (been away from AO for a couple years almost) and saw the pics of batch #1 after anno, they look fantastic.

Keep on trucking Coolhand :headbang:

gruntbull
08-03-2008, 01:31 PM
Ryan whatever you do DONT look at this thread .

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2608915

Warwitch sent his Viking and looks like Gruntbull may have destroyed it.

:wow:

Just for the record, Jared at DC and I spoke on this particular marker, after looking at the machine work code, HE agreed it was tooooo shallow, and didnt leave enough for ano strip and re-ano... DC and us took care of the customer, and if you look at his other post there and everywhere else a Viking can be posted he speaks of the pleasantness of the work. As well as the companies that did it willing to MAKE THINGS RIGHT rather than roll under a rock.

IF something is machined to .010 wall to wall you will get issues like that seen, stripping old ano removes material. Luckily you have RAW unfinished parts, no issue should come of it in the light etch that will be done.

Also breath easy you are not on the kiddy site.

CoolHand
08-03-2008, 01:38 PM
Just for the record, Jared at DC and I spoke on this particular marker, after looking at the machine work code, HE agreed it was tooooo shallow, and didnt leave enough for ano strip and re-ano... DC and us took care of the customer, and if you look at his other post there and everywhere else a Viking can be posted he speaks of the pleasantness of the work. As well as the companies that did it willing to MAKE THINGS RIGHT rather than roll under a rock.

IF something is machined to .010 wall to wall you will get issues like that seen, stripping old ano removes material. Luckily you have RAW unfinished parts, no issue should come of it in the light etch that will be done.

Indeed.

If I was worried about it, I wouldn't have had you guys do these markers.

going_home
08-23-2008, 07:29 PM

If you look at the date of the said post in this thread (03/23/08), and find that date on the PBN post, nothing had been resolved at that point about the ruined AKA body.

Just curious Ryan, out of the ten spots sold on the EM Ripper so far, how many people are left that are the original spot owners ? In other words how many have not sold their spots.

CoolHand
08-23-2008, 08:13 PM
If you look at the date of the said post in this thread (03/23/08), and find that date on the PBN post, nothing had been resolved at that point about the ruined AKA body.

Just curious Ryan, out of the ten spots sold on the EM Ripper so far, how many people are left that are the original spot owners ? In other words how many have not sold their spots.

Dunno.

I'd have to go look it up to be sure, but I'd say about 3-5.

Some of the guys who bought them don't post on AO much (if at all).

While I'm here, I'll toss out an update.

I've paid GBA for ano on all the full markers, and they'll be shipping out on Monday.

Todd has said about two or three weeks to turn them around, so once they go out of here, there won't be any updates for a little while.

I'm still waiting on Goldie to replace my boards. I believe this will be the big snag for this project, and I'm not really sure what to do about it.

Hopefully he'll surprise me, but I'm not holding my breath.

RTspag
09-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Well....I own an original spot. I have held out as long as i can. I am selling my spot, which for the bolt on frame and the upgraded smaller/prettier LPR. I will also be selling my complete Emag and like new carbon fiber 68ci 4500psi tank. not sure what the date is on it, it's over 3 years old by now, only played for one summer with it, and i have a RT pro valve also. So if your interested I am taking offers via PM's.

CoolHand
09-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Well....I own an original spot. I have held out as long as i can. I am selling my spot, which for the bolt on frame and the upgraded smaller/prettier LPR. I will also be selling my complete Emag and like new carbon fiber 68ci 4500psi tank. not sure what the date is on it, it's over 3 years old by now, only played for one summer with it, and i have a RT pro valve also. So if your interested I am taking offers via PM's.

That's unfortunate, sorry to see you go.

All the parts have been (or are currently being) anodized, so whatever color you picked is set in stone now. I only point this out so you can let the guy who buys it know what color he's getting.

Good luck with your sale.

Short update: Parts at ano, waiting for their return. I'm irritating Goldie on a bi-daily basis about my boards, but not getting a lot of response.

That is all.

OEM Petey
09-04-2008, 08:30 PM

PM'd you

RTspag
09-05-2008, 12:25 AM
PM'd you

Yeah well I got laid off this week. i work as a automotive tech. i need money. i had to sell a motor i built for $4000 in parts alone for $1000 already. i'm getting the shaft :tard:

AND to everyone i replied to stating that i was out $525 on the bolt on, my mistake, it's $475 for the bolt on and the optional LPR. i apologize. I had several PM's within 1-2 hours of posting this offering $450.... so $475 can take it unless someone wants to pay more. the anno i chose was gloss black.

Stayhuge
09-05-2008, 02:45 PM
If someone was to purchase RTspag's spot for the bolt on, is there anyway to pay the difference and get a whole marker? Just curious. Thanks

RTspag
09-05-2008, 06:27 PM
If someone was to purchase RTspag's spot for the bolt on, is there anyway to pay the difference and get a whole marker? Just curious. Thanks

well i am selling my complete marker also. so you can buy the emag valve with lvl 10 bolt, ULE body. so you won't need the emag lowers, which are also for sale with car charger.

CoolHand
09-05-2008, 07:48 PM

No, I'm sorry, but I'm not piling any more weight onto the cart. I need to deliver the stuff I've already promised before I take on any more work.

well i am selling my complete marker also. so you can buy the emag valve with lvl 10 bolt, ULE body. so you won't need the emag lowers, which are also for sale with car charger.

You should take this offer. GBA can ano the parts to match if they're not close enough. No need to go through me at all.

Sorry to hear you got laid off RT, that sucks any way you slice it.

Stayhuge
09-09-2008, 08:32 AM
This isn't Ebay. If you want to auction it off, go there. You stated your price. Two people offered it, accept the one that offered first.

CoolHand
09-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Play nice children.

:rolleyes:

Beemer
09-09-2008, 06:00 PM
This isn't Ebay. If you want to auction it off, go there. You stated your price. Two people offered it, accept the one that offered first.

Thats right. Post removed and did an edit to remove the quote. :argh:

wooky
09-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Yeah well I got laid off this week. i work as a automotive tech. i need money. i had to sell a motor i built for $4000 in parts alone for $1000 already. i'm getting the shaft :tard:

AND to everyone i replied to stating that i was out $525 on the bolt on, my mistake, it's $475 for the bolt on and the optional LPR. i apologize. I had several PM's within 1-2 hours of posting this offering $450.... so $475 can take it unless someone wants to pay more. the anno i chose was gloss black.

I am interested and got cash in hand!!

JLMK RT what you got going on and maybe we can work a deal for all of it.

Wook

RTspag
09-10-2008, 02:10 AM
I never stated an asking price, I stated what i paid. Obviously I'm going to want to get more money than what i'm out being in the situation i'm in. I was not trying to start a bidding war in the forums.

I will only be responding to PM's for info/details about the sale from now on.

lasrsktr
09-10-2008, 09:20 AM
Well...

I hate to do this... But due to Idiot events last night - Dropping a 600 dollar camera lens to the concrete :mad: :mad: - which needs immediate replacement.

My spot will have to be put up for sale.

Pm me if your interested.

Its for bolt on frame with LPR finished in GBA's beautiful Dust black.

Thanks.

Again PM me if your interested.

Thanks,
Steven

going_home
09-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Wow, so close, yet so far away.
They are dropping like flies.
I need the money too, sadly, but after waiting almost 3 years, whats the point of selling it now.
When I get this it will be my only electronic marker.
The FSP Viking isnt gone quite yet but its for sale.
I have gone back to mech and pump play lately.

;)

lasrsktr
09-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Wow, so close, yet so far away.
They are dropping like flies.
I need the money too, sadly, but after waiting almost 3 years, whats the point of selling it now.
When I get this it will be my only electronic marker.
The FSP Viking isnt gone quite yet but its for sale.
I have gone back to mech and pump play lately.

;)

Well I have so many other toys as well and have sold some nice ones lately...

That this is just unneeded. And I thought since so many people have expressed interest...

But yet I still have my spot..

Any more interested parties?

Send me a pm...

CoolHand
09-18-2008, 06:29 PM
The ano batch is heading back my way.

Got a tracking number from GBA just now . . . . . .

:ninja:

VeeWee
09-18-2008, 08:37 PM
Any news on the boards?

CoolHand
09-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Any news on the boards?

None.

Jackass Inc has been MIA for weeks now.

:mad:

VeeWee
09-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Are you looking into other boards yet? I know you got money sitting out there on these boards and getting a refund should be fun considering you can't get in touch the guy, I thought I'd ask anyway. :)

CoolHand
09-19-2008, 08:27 PM
Are you looking into other boards yet? I know you got money sitting out there on these boards and getting a refund should be fun considering you can't get in touch the guy, I thought I'd ask anyway. :)

I've got a couple of options, but I'd rather not have to resort to them.

gruntbull
09-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Where is this board manufacturer located? I bet there is an AO with an order close to rough I mean sweet talk them.

CoolHand
09-20-2008, 11:28 AM
Where is this board manufacturer located? I bet there is an AO with an order close to rough I mean sweet talk them.

From their website:

Vaporworks
1211 14th St.
Wamego KS 66547

Anyone close enough to put some eyes on this address?

rifleman wi
09-20-2008, 11:33 AM
From their website:

Anyone close enough to put some eyes on this address?
hey, i will see where it is, im only about 30 min from there, i hate to see you guys get screwed over again. do you know if its a business or machine shop, or is it someone home address? Wamego has some industrial parts, but its mostly a podunk city. i will get back to you later today when i get home.

pk5
09-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Why don't you go ask on icd-owners.com

Goldie pay more attention to that board since he produce a lot of bushie stuff and is now the official icd repair location.

CoolHand
09-20-2008, 12:57 PM
hey, i will see where it is, im only about 30 min from there, i hate to see you guys get screwed over again. do you know if its a business or machine shop, or is it someone home address? Wamego has some industrial parts, but its mostly a podunk city. i will get back to you later today when i get home.

I suspect it's his home address.

If you go there and find that he is home, above all else, BE POLITE and DO NOT threaten him in anyway. I don't need someone to strong-arm the guy, I just want him to contact me so we can get this sorted.

Just suggest that Ryan at Logic Paintball would very much like him to make contact to resolve our situation.

PM me and I will give you a cell phone number to give to him.

That's all I need done, just someone on the ground to put eyes on the place, and maybe put a phone number in his hand with the suggestion that he call me so we can get this resolved.

I REPEAT, NO VANDALISM, NO THREATS, NO DICKISHNESS OF ANY KIND. JUST SEE IF THAT LOCATION IS ACTUALLY THERE, SEE IF HE'S HOME, AND DELIVER MY PHONE NUMBER SO HE CAN CONTACT ME.

Don't take that the wrong way, I'm not assuming you're a thug or anything, I just want to be very clear about my intentions here.

Thanks much for the offer of assistance, I appreciate it.

going_home
09-20-2008, 01:18 PM

I'd be willing to donate some Paypal for fuel if you need it.
If you have a video camera maybe you can get some video of your visit.

:D

CoolHand
09-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Amazing how well that trick works.

Rifleman stopped by, gave his wife my card, and about fifteen minutes later I get a long ranting email from Goldie. Seems he was indeed still alive after all. :rolleyes:

It never ceases to amaze me how people can ignore someone for weeks on end and then get hard core upset when the ignored party seeks alternate (but civil) means of contact. He insists that Rifleman was rude to his wife, but I am somewhat dubious of that. You sounded quite reasonable to me when we spoke on the phone. At any rate, it's gotten him off of dead center, and that's what needed to happen.

He says he's already gotten the boards to output battery voltage directly to the solenoid leads, so we'll see how long it takes him to get them to me, and if they will function as he said they would when they get here.

Hopefully this will be the end of my dealings with Goldie.

Big thanks to Rifleman for taking the time to drop that card off. You didn't owe me a thing, but I am thankful that were willing to help out.

Sometimes I heart AO. **sniff**

EDIT:

Tracking shows the ano batch is going to be delivered on Monday. Huzzah! :headbang:

I'll post up some pictars when I get them unpacked.

going_home
09-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Amazing how well that trick works.

Rifleman stopped by, gave his wife my card, and about fifteen minutes later I get a long ranting email from Goldie. Seems he was indeed still alive after all. :rolleyes:

It never ceases to amaze me how people can ignore someone for weeks on end and then get hard core upset when the ignored party seeks alternate (but civil) means of contact. He insists that Rifleman was rude to his wife, but I am somewhat dubious of that. You sounded quite reasonable to me when we spoke on the phone. At any rate, it's gotten him off of dead center, and that's what needed to happen.

He says he's already gotten the boards to output battery voltage directly to the solenoid leads, so we'll see how long it takes him to get them to me, and if they will function as he said they would when they get here.

Hopefully this will be the end of my dealings with Goldie.

Big thanks to Rifleman for taking the time to drop that card off. You didn't owe me a thing, but I am thankful that were willing to help out.

Sometimes I heart AO. **sniff**

EDIT:

Tracking shows the ano batch is going to be delivered on Monday. Huzzah! :headbang:

I'll post up some pictars when I get them unpacked.

Awesome.
AO Army in action.
Hi, I'm Rifleman, the General requests your presence NOW MISTER !
heheh

:clap:

rifleman wi
09-20-2008, 08:48 PM
no prob guys, glad i could help out :)

p8ntbal4me
09-21-2008, 08:41 AM
Keep fighting the good fight Ryan! :shooting:

~ P8nt

bunny5
09-21-2008, 10:02 AM
Good to see AO'ers still helping each other out!!! :cheers:

grEnAlEins
09-21-2008, 11:23 AM
no prob guys, glad i could help out :)
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5452/448a07d7cb24fsug8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
All your boards are belong to us? :p

Seriously though, good work. I am not on "the list" or anything, but it was really nice of you to help out.

CoolHand
09-22-2008, 01:53 PM
The parts are back from ano. :ninja:

I'll inventory them and take pics tonight when I get home from work.

:headbang:

CoolHand
09-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Had to work late, so I'm running a bit behind.

Only one snag, GBA can't strip nickel plate, and I neglected to ask this ahead of time. So, one guy's body and feedneck that was sent in nickel is . . . . . . still nickel. No damage, but no matching ano either. We'll have to puzzle that one out. Other than that, things look to be all hugs and puppies on this front.

Pictars as promised:

Das Box!

http://www.logicpaintball.com/AnoBatch2IsBack.jpg

Alan Smarse:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/AlanSmarseUEF1.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/AlanSmarseUEF2.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/AlanSmarseUEF3.jpg

Chris Murray:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/ChrisMurrayUEF1.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/ChrisMurrayUEF2.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/ChrisMurrayUEF3.jpg

Continued Below . . . . .

CoolHand
09-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Continued from Above . . . . . . .

Chuck Marsh:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/ChuckMarshUEF1.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/ChuckMarshUEF2.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/ChuckMarshUEF3.jpg

This next one is quite possibly the most awesome anodize color I have ever seen. It's a matte, but it's got a kinda neat sheen, it's VERY brilliant red, and it's got this neato sparkly thing going on (which is not conveyed by the pictures very well). Easily the most beautiful ano job I've ever seen.

And it goes to . . . . . . . . Darryl Kuny:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/DarrylKunyUEF1.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/DarrylKunyUEF2.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/DarrylKunyUEF3.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/DarrylKunyUEF4.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/DarrylKunyUEF5.jpg

Continued Below . . . . . . .

CoolHand
09-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Continued from Above . . . . . . .

Jason Davis:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/JasonDavisUEF1.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/JasonDavisUEF2.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/JasonDavisUEF3.jpg

And the poor fellow who still has a nickel plated body, Richard Laing:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/RichLaingUEF1.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/RichLaingUEF2.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/RichLaingUEF3.jpg

Hope you guys like the looks of your markers.

GBA did another stellar job. That red is out of this world, still kinda stoked out that color. lol

Anyway, Goldie has decreed that he's going to have my boards back to me next week sometime, and after that, he's done, good, bad, or indifferent, I'm on my own.

It kind makes me sad, you know, 'cause he's been so helpful up to this point. :rolleyes:

If the boards still don't work when they get back, I'm going to have to call a strategic withdrawal back to the rally point so we can regroup and figure out the next best plan of action.

We are SO close to getting this thing done. I'm not going to let it burn down now.

smilestyler
09-22-2008, 11:20 PM
Mmm Impressive

VeeWee
09-23-2008, 07:58 PM
What happened to the Super ULE rails?

CoolHand
09-23-2008, 09:35 PM
What happened to the Super ULE rails?

Nothing, per se. They're living inside a 15 ft stick of bar stock right now.

They just haven't been cut yet. I need several days in a row to set-up the machine and bang them out, but I haven't been able to find that much time off.

So I sent EMag rails to ano with your guns to make sure you'd at least have a functional marker while you wait.

I'll deliver the markers as-is, and then the SULE rails when I can get them done.

I'll have them match anodized and everything, I just won't have them done at the same time as the rest of your markers.

Here's the deal:

I haven't had a vacation in nearly three years. I tried to take a week off about a month and a half ago, and of the seven days I had set aside, I ended up working on four of them anyway.

In two weeks, better than half the management staff is going on vacation again, for another three or four weeks in a row, so I won't be able to take off again until late fall (if even this year at all).

Honestly, I'm about done in. This job (the day job I mean) is grinding me down to a burned up nubbin. I have contractors calling me at 6am every day it seems like, wanting something solved RFN. Then I spend all day putting out fires here and there, trying to work on the six projects worth of plans they've got me doing by myself, and then when I get off work (somewhere from 5pm-7pm), I'm plum tuckered out. When the weekend gets here, all I want to do is sleep and set still. I just don't have the energy to go out and spend two full days in the shop every weekend like I used to.

Like I said, I'm just about done in.

I knew the SULE rails were going to be waiting on me bigtime, so rather than hold the whole deal up, I bought stand-in rails to get you guys off and running while I muster up the energy and free time to machine the SULE rails that I'll owe you full marker guys.

It's a material IOU, if you will. I'm sorry I couldn't have it all done at once, but I figured 95% true to form and functional in your hands waiting on parts would be 1000% better than 100% true to form and non-functional setting in a box waiting on parts.

I'm sorry about a lot of things on this project, cheif among them, I'm sorry that I got all of you guys into it in the first place. It was poorly timed, poorly planned for (contingency wise, what if X goes wrong, etc), and not well funded. My suppliers pretty much unilaterally hosed me, and it looks like Goldie is fixing to hose me again.

I'm trying my best to deliver a product you guys will feel was worth the wait (though I'm thinking that we're about a year and a half past that even being possible), but I've been struggling, and it appears that I will continue to struggle to the bitter end.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just wore out and miffed. None of the stuff I'm *****ing about was any of you all's doing. I'm just frustrated and this seems like as good a place as any to have a rant, so I went with it.

So long as I can keep the dancing bananas at bay, we're golden.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Oh, bother . . . . . . . . . .

VeeWee
09-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Makes sense, I didn't want to be a pain in the butt. After everything you've been through with this project feel free to rant anytime, you've earned it.

I understand long hours too, I've been averaging 80 hours a week for the better part of two years with no end in sight and it seems like everything else in the world has come to a halt. It sucks.

Side note: I didn't know I had a nickle body :( .

CoolHand
09-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Side note: I didn't know I had a nickle body :( .

That's right, you didn't send these parts in, did you? They were already here when you bought your spot. Bummer deal him not telling you that, but I imagine he didn't think it mattered what color it used to be, only what color it was getting redone in.

I never even thought to ask GBA if they could strip nickel. All the other ano guys I've used could do it, so I quit asking. Figures. lol We'll get it sorted out, one way or another. If I have to, I'll pull a ULE off of one of my personal mags and trade you so you'll have a body that will take color.

I'll also see if I can find a replacement to send off for you. No promises, but if I find a cheap ULE, I'll be on it like a pack of dogs on a fat kid. :ninja:

lasrsktr
09-29-2008, 02:44 PM
I'll also see if I can find a replacement to send off for you. No promises, but if I find a cheap ULE, I'll be on it like a pack of dogs on a fat kid. :ninja:

Should we call you a fat kid now :rofl: :clap:

CoolHand
09-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Should we call you a fat kid now :rofl: :clap:

Well, now that you mention it, I AM fat, though I'd not say I'm a kid anymore (mores the pity).

That saying is a contraction of two euphemisms that I tend to use in conjunction:

On it like a pack of dogs on a three legged cat.

AND

On it like a fat kid on a twinkie.

One day it just sorta morphed into:

On it like a pack of dogs on a fat kid.

Being a fat man, I am entirely allowed to ridicule myself and others like me.

You skinny folks back the :cuss: off though!

Bwahahahah!!!!!!

mustangii
09-29-2008, 06:51 PM
I know Sam has had alot of Health problems and a couple of surgeries in the past Year. No excuss just some info. He should had made an effort to contact you.
edm

CoolHand
09-29-2008, 11:02 PM
I know Sam has had alot of Health problems and a couple of surgeries in the past Year. No excuss just some info. He should had made an effort to contact you.
edm

Yeah, I knew that was all going on. That's why I gave him as much slack as I did.

I'm not a heartless jackass, regardless of what he may think now, but my patience goes only so far.

If it were just something for me, I'd be cool with it. I've waited for stuff from other guys longer than this, but there are other folks involved in this one, so I can't be as forgiving as I would otherwise be inclined.

Still no boards BTW.

Oh, and VeeWee, I found you a body. :ninja: It should be on it's way here by now (or will be soon if not). I'll get with GBA and see about getting the ano done when it arrives.

UTDragun
10-01-2008, 12:31 AM
sweet, glad to see a bag with my name on it, now if only my patience for this project had transferred to my love life, I'd be set.

going_home
10-01-2008, 02:34 PM
sweet, glad to see a bag with my name on it, now if only my patience for this project had transferred to my love life, I'd be set.

Am I the only one that thinks this was TMI (too much information) ?

:tard:

trevorjk
10-01-2008, 02:38 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

CoolHand
10-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Boards came back today.

I haven't tested any of them yet though.

We'll see how that goes.

Got a busy month coming up, so I may not be able to get on this like I want to.

Would any of you be opposed to me sending the electronics to someone else for assembly? Assuming, of course, that the boards work right and that this move would have them finished sooner than I could manage myself.

I know you guys bought into this partially for my craftsmanship, but solder is solder and shrink wrap is shrink wrap. So long as the other fellow does a good job, I don't foresee a problem, but I thought I'd better ask first.

I don't want to go springing surprises on you all this late in the game.

Let me know what you guys think.

manwe33
10-01-2008, 07:55 PM
I vote for sending them to some one else. as long as it gets them back to us faster.

Papa_Smurf
10-01-2008, 07:57 PM
I vote for sending them to some one else. as long as it gets them back to us faster.
I second. :shooting:

Hilltop Customs
10-01-2008, 10:02 PM
just had to post and say those are some nice looking frames, and HOLY CRAP theres a lot of room in those babies....seeing that it next to the intelli really brings out the size difference

cant wait to see some pics of them assembled....they are looking good though!

smilestyler
10-02-2008, 11:32 PM

Doesn't matter to me.

VeeWee
10-03-2008, 02:04 AM
Doesn't matter to me.

Ditto. At this stage in the game if it means less headaches for you go for it.

tipp-ed off
10-06-2008, 10:41 PM
If it goes out faster, send them to someone else. Lets get this ball rolling! :shooting:

fshrmn76
10-22-2008, 09:00 AM
any word on if the boards work correctly?

CoolHand
10-22-2008, 05:09 PM
any word on if the boards work correctly?

I have not gotten back to it yet.

Everyone has been on vacation for the last three weeks, so I'm by myself babysitting two projects and trying to finish three sets of plans to boot.

Needless to say, I've been up to my *** in alligators for weeks on end now.

My help is coming back tomorrow, so hopefully things will calm down a bit and I can spend some time on this project again.

I'm also shopping for someone to do the assembly, so it's not dependant on my free time anymore. We're so close, I hate to continue to make you guys wait because I'm so damned busy. Plus, just between you and me, I'm getting very worn down on this project. I just can't force myself to be enthusiastic about it anymore. I just want it done and gone (I'm sure at least some of you guys have felt like that for some time now).

We'll get it, hang in there.

fshrmn76
10-24-2008, 06:53 AM
Thanks for the update. We all understand that work comes first and that this time of year is a big crunch for projects to be completed before it gets cold out. Make sure you take some time to :cheers:

smilestyler
11-10-2008, 10:15 PM
May we ask who you are looking at to finish things up?

CoolHand
11-10-2008, 11:33 PM
May we ask who you are looking at to finish things up?

YDNA

Only the best for my men.

:ninja: :cheers:

I haven't gotten the stuff to him though, so we're not making any progress just now.

That's my fault. Work got real ugly for a few weeks there, and I haven't gotten anything done except work and sleep (very little sleep I might add).

This morning, while I was combing my hair before heading out the door, I found not one, but four gray hairs.

GRAY FRIKEN HAIRS FFS!!!!!!!!

I'm 28. :(

Could be worse I suppose. At least there's still hair there to be gray. . . . . . .

AirAssault
11-11-2008, 03:55 AM
Got The First One, Suckers.

Just thought this was a funny post.......

CoolHand
11-11-2008, 04:33 AM
Just thought this was a funny post.......

What? Do you just go around trying to stir up :cuss: in random posts?

/Takes a quick glance at your post record.

Yup, pretty much. :rolleyes:

In that case, let me be blunt:

Unless you have a spot in line, go away and leave us be.

This is getting close to the end now, and I'll not have some random misanthrope come in here and shake the bees nest just for kicks.

smilestyler
11-11-2008, 09:35 PM
YDNA ?? who dat

CoolHand
11-11-2008, 09:41 PM
YDNA ?? who dat

Andrew "Ydna" DuBuc

ZDS Paintball

He's pretty sharp, he'll do very well.

trains are bad
11-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Cool. I've been out of paintball for a couple years but I made mag that worked like that in a Y-grip, using a tiny solenoid valve and a clippard ram. 20+ bps and 20k+shots on a 9v.

Played many tournaments with it. Clearly the best way to electrify a mag. I mounted my LPR down on the tank, though.

pito189
11-19-2008, 01:11 AM
Damn, all of you are going to be some lucky people when these come in.

If anyone already wants to part with theirs, just let me know, I'm your man. :D

Papa_Smurf
11-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Damn, all of you are going to be some lucky people when these come in.

If anyone already wants to part with theirs, just let me know, I'm your man. :D

I've pondered it, but I know when I get it I'll change my mind. I've even thought of shedding the SFL and xmag, but I can't bring myself to do it. It took a long time and lots of effort to land the mags I have now.

AirAssault
11-21-2008, 04:11 AM
Bite me hero. I didn't say anything about anything, just that it was a funny post. I don't have a spot in line and I will post where I want....

Edit ................You have been warned before. Post where you want just not here for five days.

pito189
11-21-2008, 10:18 AM
I've pondered it, but I know when I get it I'll change my mind. I've even thought of shedding the SFL and xmag, but I can't bring myself to do it. It took a long time and lots of effort to land the mags I have now.

Man I'm really feeling sorry for ya... :tard: An SFL, X-Mag, and one of these babies, must be tough. :D

CoolHand
11-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Stuffs all packed up and will be heading to YDNA's place on Monday morning.

No idea how long it's going to take there, but I'm hoping it won't be but a week or three.

Hang in there guys, we're just about there.

going_home
11-27-2008, 10:49 PM
No trades, I'm getting out of paintball and paring down my collection to include only markers that hold a sentimental value to me (or no value at all to anyone else :LMAO:)

W H A T ?

Say it aint so man ?

:cry:

Beemer
11-27-2008, 11:05 PM
No trades, I'm getting out of paintball and paring down my collection to include only markers that hold a sentimental value to me (or no value at all to anyone else :LMAO:)

W H A T ?

Say it aint so man ? :cry:

Dont see that posted here or did I miss it? :(

going_home
11-27-2008, 11:17 PM
Dont see that posted here or did I miss it? :(

MCB.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/mechanical-semi-autos/48707-lnib-tiberius-tac8-holster-two-magazines-fs.htm

CoolHand
11-27-2008, 11:54 PM
W H A T ?

Say it aint so man ?

:cry:

Don't freak out, I'm not going anywhere.

I meant I'm not PLAYING anymore.

The fields have all closed up around here, and all my paintballing buddies have moved off or gotten married, or both, so my circle of people to play with has evaporated.

I'll still be finishing this project, and I may do others in the future (smaller in scope than this one, obviously ;) ).

I had nearly 50 markers in my collection, and my job hasn't been bringing in any money for a few weeks now, so it's time to offload the ones I can live without, before they're totally worthless or too late to help.

If anything earthshaking were happening which would have effected you guys, I'd have posted it here first.

mustangii
11-28-2008, 12:12 AM
Don't freak out, I'm not going anywhere.

I meant I'm not PLAYING anymore.

The fields have all closed up around here, and all my paintballing buddies have moved off or gotten married, or both, so my circle of people to play with has evaporated.

I'll still be finishing this project, and I may do others in the future (smaller in scope than this one, obviously ;) ).

I had nearly 50 markers in my collection, and my job hasn't been bringing in any money for a few weeks now, so it's time to offload the ones I can live without, before they're totally worthless or too late to help.

If anything earthshaking were happening which would have effected you guys, I'd have posted it here first.

I know how that is. My local field has closed up. I'm driving 90 miles into Kansas Saterday to play.
edm

CoolHand
11-28-2008, 12:22 AM
I know how that is. My local field has closed up. I'm driving 90 miles into Kansas Saterday to play.
edm

Eactly. It's 120 miles to the nearest field, and I'd have to play walk-on.

I HATE playing walk-on. The kids are all super AGG, don't know their asses from a hole in the ground, and generally push me to the point of murder in 15 mins flat.

Walk-on paintball isn't fun anymore, especially when you have to drive 120 miles to inflict it upon yourself.

I've always said that I'll quit when it's not fun anymore, and now it's not fun anymore.

But I don't have to play to still build cool stuff. Hell, even in my hay day, I played less than 25 times a year, and then when I went into business, I was lucky if I got on the field two or three times in a year. So it's not like things will change drastically from what they were three years ago.

I'm getting to be out of touch with what paintball has become, but from what I've seen of it, that's not necessarily a bad thing . . . . . . .

mustangii
11-28-2008, 12:33 AM
I was invited to play at a paintball club, so it's not really walk on.

http://www.freewebs.com/oskieops/index.htm

Hope to have fun
edm

going_home
11-28-2008, 03:13 PM
The point is, dont give up on paintball, and dont turn off the creative spigot .
We (the AGD community) dont want to see an innovator go belly up on us.

;)

DanMan
12-08-2008, 01:30 AM
Eactly. It's 120 miles to the nearest field, and I'd have to play walk-on.

I HATE playing walk-on. The kids are all super AGG, don't know their asses from a hole in the ground, and generally push me to the point of murder in 15 mins flat.

Walk-on paintball isn't fun anymore, especially when you have to drive 120 miles to inflict it upon yourself.

I've always said that I'll quit when it's not fun anymore, and now it's not fun anymore.

But I don't have to play to still build cool stuff. Hell, even in my hay day, I played less than 25 times a year, and then when I went into business, I was lucky if I got on the field two or three times in a year. So it's not like things will change drastically from what they were three years ago.

I'm getting to be out of touch with what paintball has become, but from what I've seen of it, that's not necessarily a bad thing . . . . . . .
i know that this is sort of a thread ressurection, but i just wanted to say that you should try outlaw ball. If you can find 7 of 8 other guys in the area, then you are set.

CoolHand
12-08-2008, 02:00 AM
i know that this is sort of a thread ressurection, but i just wanted to say that you should try outlaw ball. If you can find 7 of 8 other guys in the area, then you are set.

We always played outlaw.

There hasn't been a field within a 2 hr drive of here for years.

I used to have my own airball field, and I still have a high pressure air compressor.

It's just that now, all the guys I used to play with have either moved out of state, or gotten married, or both, so no more paintball for them.

I am the last of my breed around these parts.

The implements, or lack thereof are not the problem.

My friends were what made the game fun. When the friends are gone, the game isn't worth playing anymore.

It is what it is.

Since I'm here, might as well leave a short update:

YDNA has the boards and has started his examination. No ETA yet, but he's working on them.

p8ntbal4me
12-08-2008, 08:09 PM
YDNA has the boards and has started his examination. No ETA yet, but he's working on them.

Andy is a good guy,... and he does great work!

I put my Ripper frame in a box and sent it to him,.... he's gonna work his magic! :clap:

~ P8nt

smilestyler
12-20-2008, 01:23 PM
Hey Ryan, is it time for an update yet?

What's the eta on the boards? Have you started the SULE rails?

CoolHand
12-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Hey Ryan, is it time for an update yet?

What's the eta on the boards? Have you started the SULE rails?

I haven't heard anything from YDNA since the last update.

I have the SULE rails programmed and the stock bought, but I still need to build a couple of fixtures, get the coolant basin on the CNC flushed out and refilled, and then pull, reset, and reload the required tools into the ATC.

I'll poke YDNA and see how he's coming. I'll post again when I hear back from him.

Have a good Christmas folks.

CoolHand
12-21-2008, 03:56 AM
Update from YDNA:

. . . . . . Anyway here's the dealio. I scoped a couple of the boards out to see
what type of volts were being sent to the solenoid...as I feared it's
way to damn low to be useful. Clicking the little armature is about as
much as it seems we'll get from these things, even in their altered
state. There's no pulse like I wondered earlier, so really I don't know
what the deal is with these boards.

As a result it does indeed sound like an adapter board will need to be
used. That'll stack things up another hundred bucks or thereabouts
depending on the exact cost of the boards, but I always feared that
would be the worst-case scenario so I really don't expect any other
costs. THe only thing is the cost for the componets individually, which
will probably be between $5-10 per adapter.

Ever since I received the package I've been thinking about how to do
this, so I have a lot of ideas, and it will actually work out pretty
good. I'll list the specifics later once I've definitively figured out
the circuit.
The adapter boards will take 2-3 weeks to produce so I'd ideally like to
send their order out right now, but I really really shouldn't do that
before finalizing the circuit. So what I have to do first is order some
test components and make a prototype of the adapter using components
attached with wires. Then hook that up to one of the boards to make sure
it works, then at that point I can send out the order for the actual
board itself.
I'll order the components immediately and they'll be here within a few
days, and I'll whip some stuff together and let know you what comes of it!

There it is folks.

I did not, in fact, imagine the profound broke-assedness of these boards. Vindication at last!

Looks like after the first of the year for sure before I'll have the boards back.

At least we've got an update, and things are moving along.

Have a good Christmas.

jade_monkey07
12-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Coolhand, Im not involved in this order, but iv been keeping track of this thread ever since I joined AO. I just want to give you props for sticking with this through all the rough patches. and i cant wait to see the final product in peoples hands. I hope this isnt the last thing you produce either, now that you have a cnc up and running! AO is lucky to have someone as dedicated as you.
cheers :cheers:
And Merry Christmas!

CoolHand
12-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Another update from YDNA:

Well, components have yet to arrive....but I've been dinking around with
the boards a little more. I'm now less concerned with the voltage
amounts and more with the current...although I'm virtually sure the
problem is indeed with the Chaos transistor. My current thought (har
har) is that the Chaos transistor is too small to provide enough
current, and upwardsly enough power. It's physically pretty small which
doesn't usually make any difference, but I wouldn't be surprised if that
were the case here.
One of the reasons I think this is because the board seems to operate
the other low-power solenoids decently. It doesn't seem to have any
trouble until I hook up a large resistance coil, such as some 4.2 watt
MAC solenoids I have here, a large Parker solenoid for industrial use,
etc. The Chaos doesn't seem to have much trouble with many
indirect-acting solenoids, only these big direct acting ones.

There's also this odd issue of the Chaos transistor leaking power to
through the circuit while it's idle/off. All transistors leak a small
amount, just like how all capacitors leak some energy, but in this case
I was able to measure the amount of power passing through as being
almost 0.4 volts. I'm not an expert on these things bit it's weird to
see a 0.4 spike pop up every 2 milliseconds then go back down to
0...repeat over and over. It's possible to be some kind of feedback
being produced by my scope, but I don't think so....hmmm

Anyway, the components I chose are very large and will hopefully provide
enough juice to be useful. I found a startlingly huge transistor which I
hope will function okay, but I admit I'm weary since it's made for audio
applications and might not work as good unless there's a whole circuit
built for it. We'll see....the fallback transistor I selected is rated
to 50 volts at 2.4 amps, and my diode is good to similar amounts,
although I'm trying to find a bigger one just in case. For reference the
Morlock's transistors are 30 volts at 4.6 amps, which is certainly large
enough to power anything used in a patinball marker...hopefully some of
that is overkill.
The ***** of it is even though these components are tenfold what we need
on paper, in reality it'll be a different situation. I'm sure the Chaos
transistor is "rated" to more than these solenoids require, too. Just
with a smaller gap between the solenoid requirement and the transistor
rating.

Enough of that. I'll let you know when something more exciting starts...

Just thought I'd post that.

Merry Christmas folks.

CoolHand
12-29-2008, 07:43 PM
OK guys, I have to make an announcement.

When this all started, I told you I would not take on any new PB related projects or sell any of the UEF parts kits until I had delivered your markers and frame kits, and I have kept my word to this point.

However, things are getting very slow in engineering town, and if I am going to be able to continue spending money on this project (to say nothing of paying my mortgage and student loans), I am going to need to generate a revenue stream from somewhere.

To that end, I will be releasing a few new PB projects (Automag related to be sure, and you UEF guys will be happy too I think, keep your eyes peeled for the next several days), as well as some non-PB related stuff, and taking on custom work and such as it comes. I will also be posting up for sale the other 8 or 9 UEF parts kits, unassembled and unanodized, with boards to follow as soon as YDNA gets them sorted out.

I really didn't want to break my word to you guys on this front, but something has to give, and I figured you'd rather me take more work than let this project stall out so close to the end. Plus I gotta eat and keep the bankers at bay, so I've gotta go ahead with these plans, even if it ruffles a few feathers.

I'm hoping you guys will understand.

fshrmn76
12-29-2008, 09:47 PM
You've been up front and honest with all of us to this point. I think most of us would agree that if you need to take on more work to keep things moving along (including eating and paying the bills) then take on the work. We have been waiting patiently, we are so close to the end, and right now its out of your hands anyways. Do what you need to. I for one am not giving up on this project.
:cheers: :cheers:

CoolHand
12-29-2008, 11:43 PM
. . . . . .I for one am not giving up on this project. . . . .

That is a wise choice.

YDNA sent along a very long update this evening, which I won't post in its entirety because it is very long and somewhat rambling, but suffice to say that he's got a design fleshed out, modeled, the parts sourced, and some even bought.

He's working very fast, but still taking enough time to think it over from every angle before he strikes.

He sent these solid models to show what he's planning to do:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/adapterboard_2a.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/adapterboard_2b.jpg

The green is the Chaos board, and the blue is the intermediate board he's building to fix the crappy design of the Chaos and make the whole gizzmo work like it oughta.

It's looking very good from this end.

I don't know how long board fabrication and assembly is going to take, but at least we can see that he's making good progress.

I really wish I'd called him a year ago. :( We'd have been done with it for months now.

Sorry guys, you know what they say about hind sight.

VeeWee
12-29-2008, 11:51 PM
You've been up front and honest with all of us to this point. I think most of us would agree that if you need to take on more work to keep things moving along (including eating and paying the bills) then take on the work. We have been waiting patiently, we are so close to the end, and right now its out of your hands anyways. Do what you need to. I for one am not giving up on this project.
:cheers: :cheers:

Ditto :cheers:

smilestyler
12-30-2008, 12:04 AM
Why don't you reconsider doing the eye installs and charge for that?

CoolHand
12-30-2008, 12:23 AM
Why don't you reconsider doing the eye installs and charge for that?

Well, honestly, I still owe that to the full marker guys anyway.

If I can figure out an elegant solution to the eye covers, you all will be the first to know.

I will be working on this, but I've got a couple of things in the queue ahead of it.

Hang in there, I think you'll like the first round in the magazine.

RTspag
01-02-2009, 09:13 PM
i am selling my spot in line for the bolt on frame. I was selling it earlier on, but I decided to hold out in the end, but have come to terms that I most likely will not PB anymore, in the sense of play that i was doing 3 years ago. I do also have a whole emag that may be negotiated for purchase separately.

$495 to the first person to contact me unless i don't like you. that's it.

CoolHand
01-03-2009, 12:37 AM
. . .$495 to the first person to contact me unless i don't like you. . . . .

That last part made me :rofl:

Sorry to see you go, but I can so relate.

ironchef97
01-18-2009, 06:09 PM
I'll buy your spot!

CoolHand
01-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Here's the latest from YDNA:

Sorry for the lack of communication lately...things have been thick around here. I was just about to e-mail you about these delays...we're a little behind schedule right now since I haven't ordered the PCBs yet.

I ran into trouble getting the adapter circuit to function reliably so I've held off on ordering the new stuff until I'm absolutely sure everything will work adequately. I think I hinted earlier that I had a back-up plan in case the adapter didn't work out as planned, well it seems that might be the best option since I don't think I can get the boards to drive my adapter either. The new adapter invovles soldering a wire to the Chaos board (and possibly removing the board's stock transistor to make sure there isn't any trouble) so it'll still be clean, but take a little more effort to assemble.

The really weird thing about this is that after examining the solenoid itself I'm surprised it works at all using a regular 9v battery. But both you and I have tested it out with Morlock boards, which drives it just fine...so it can't be *that* bad.

I'll get back to you on that a little later once I finalize the circuit's components. I need to get my oscope back out and screw with the Chaos more, be getting to that any day now.

Slight delay, Chaos boards suck worse than previously thought (big surprise :rolleyes: ), still working.

Just thought you guys would like an update.

Hang in there.

gruntbull
02-14-2009, 03:12 AM
Great guy! Does a great service to the paintballer community, good choice Coolhand!

Andrew "Ydna" DuBuc

ZDS Paintball

He's pretty sharp, he'll do very well.

CoolHand
02-14-2009, 03:32 AM
Great guy! Does a great service to the paintballer community, good choice Coolhand!

He is indeed.

I've known Andy for several years now, and he's always about three steps ahead of the industry in general.

If anyone can suss out this board debacle and make it end happily, I believe it will be him.

Also, not sure if I said so to you directly or not, but the ano on those last parts I sent your way was first class.

I have dealt with nearly two dozen ano houses over the years, and you guys are easily the most organized and the most reliable I've used thus far. Add to that the fact that your ano doesn't suck, and you don't polish my parts until they look like used bars of soap, and you've got a winner for sure. Very happy with the service you provide, and when it comes to me and ano shops, that don't get said real often.

going_home
03-09-2009, 08:08 PM
http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0002.htm

4th picture down.
Would those work for the eye covers ?
Just a thought.

:)

CoolHand
03-09-2009, 08:47 PM
http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0002.htm

4th picture down.
Would those work for the eye covers ?
Just a thought.

They would, but they won't hug the sides of the body like mine did, 'cause he's using a flat endmill to cut a step instead of using a ball endmill to cut a radius.

It's been a while since I've done an update.

I'll go rattle YDNA's cage and see what's up.

Will post results of said interaction as soon as it bears fruit.

luke
03-10-2009, 02:42 PM
(CoolHand) They would, but they won't hug the sides of the body like mine did, 'cause he's using a flat endmill to cut a step instead of using a ball endmill to cut a radius.

:) Hey guys, those are Tac-One eye covers. ;)

CoolHand
03-10-2009, 06:45 PM
:) Hey guys, those are Tac-One eye covers. ;)

Ahhhhh, that explains it.

I figured you for more of a craftsman than that, but couldn't figure any good reason for the step other than you just didn't have the right size BEM at the time.

It didn't even occurr to me that they were for a Tac.

I've been away from PB for so long, I'm getting rusty . . . . . . . . .

luke
03-10-2009, 08:37 PM
LOL, it's all good. :cheers:

CoolHand
03-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Finally heard back from YDNA.

Nothing new to report unfortunately, but he is still alive.

He's assured me that he'll be moving on them again in the next week or two.

I will report back when I know more.

That is all.

PS Enjoy the nice weather, I know I was about to go stir-crazy before the weather broke. ( :tard: :dance: :eek: )

CoolHand
03-30-2009, 09:15 PM
OK, this board thing is dragging on and on.

If you would like to take delivery of your marker, sans board and harness, please PM me your real name, and I will get the parts together and headed your way.

If/When YDNA gets the boards and harnesses done, I will send them along separately.

Should have known that the original time frame was a fools fevered dream. . . . . . . . .

At least you guys could drop a cheapie board in and get some use out of them if you were to be so inclined.

Your call, PM me if you want to go that route.

tipp-ed off
04-20-2009, 04:36 PM
PMd ya

CoolHand
04-20-2009, 07:26 PM
PMd ya

Replied.

Sorry it took me so long, I read it when it first arrived, but forgot to send you a reply.

It's packed up and should be going out in a day or two.

For everyone else, still no word from YDNA.

At this point, there is no telling what is actually going on. Whatever it turns out to be, I'll post it up, and I will not be astonished in the least, even if it turns out he was abducted by aliens.

CoolHand
04-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Finally heard back from YDNA:

Sorry man, I think I lost track of time. I have the parts right here in front of me but I don't have my documentation with me right now...I will take the box home with me and finish working on it there.
Junk has just piled up on me pretty bad these past couple weeks, I had to take some time off, pretty much not accepting any new work right now until I get your project finished and out the door.
Drop me another e-mail in a few days to remind me in case I forget again...

At least he's honest about it.

CoolHand
05-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Got another update from YDNA this afternoon.

I dunno man, I've hit a bad roadblock with these things. I've come up
with two separate circuits that I put together to test using the
components I selected, but neither of them are getting any clicks from
the solenoids. The adapter runs just about all the other solenoids I've
tested out but these 12v ones still aren't giving me anything..

I'm confused about this because these solenoids probably *shouldn't*
work with a regular 9 volt batt, but they do indeed work just fine with
a morlock board. And the components I sourced are even beefier than the
ones on morlocks. I've tried contacting Curt to see if he has any
insight but no response thus far. I don't know what's different between
these setups but there's some little keystone factor that I seem to be
missing.

I have on order a couple of the transistors and diodes that the morlock
uses, which I want to experiment with and see if I can get these
solenoids to respond with them. If they work then we're still
good...assembling the adapter boards will be a little more
time-consuming for those smaller components, but still doable. I just
hope they work in the first place, cause if not then we'll be in trouble.

I don't suppose it would be even remotely possible to source a smaller
coil from numatics for exchange? I'm thinking of the worst case
situation and how to get these working in that event. But I don't know
if they even make any 5-7 volt solenoids at all, let alone in this series..

Nothing is ever as easy as it should be. . . . . . .

I'm already looking for new solenoids to fit the existing manifolds.

Sorry the news ain't better.

manwe33
05-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Just Checking in and see if anything new has happened!

CoolHand
05-26-2009, 02:33 PM

YDNA is at a dead end with the Chaos boards.

I have found a new solenoid with a smaller coil which the board is supposed to be able to shift.

I'll be sending it to him in the next day or two, and we'll see where it goes from there.

When I know more, I'll post it here ASAP.

I'm sorry this has dragged on for so long, but at this point, did you really expect it to go otherwise?

When it comes to this project, I've come to expect the worst, and plan for the inconceivable, 'cause it seems not matter how bad I expect the news to be, it's worse. :(

I may get ahead of it yet though, hang in there.

CoolHand
06-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Well, YDNA has had some success with the new solenoids, but he's still not done yet.

Now I only need to find ~$875 to buy new solenoids with. :rolleyes:

I also have eye covers here that were done by a machinist that works with Paintball4Me.

They look good, but I haven't measured them yet (no reason to suspect they're wrong, I just want to be sure, given my luck on this project thus far).

I will be including a set of them with every marker and frame kit. Raw, but I don't dare risk sending them to ano, for fear that they either won't return, or they'll take a year to be finished.

When I get some pics of them taken, I'll post them here.

Until then, that's all I've got. Hope that's enough.

Have a good 4th of July everyone.

manwe33
06-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Well, YDNA has had some success with the new solenoids, but he's still not done yet.

Now I only need to find ~$875 to buy new solenoids with. :rolleyes:

I also have eye covers here that were done by a machinist that works with Paintball4Me.

They look good, but I haven't measured them yet (no reason to suspect they're wrong, I just want to be sure, given my luck on this project thus far).

I will be including a set of them with every marker and frame kit. Raw, but I don't dare risk sending them to ano, for fear that they either won't return, or they'll take a year to be finished.

When I get some pics of them taken, I'll post them here.

Until then, that's all I've got. Hope that's enough.

Have a good 4th of July everyone.

:clap: Great news. So your back on doing the eye covers. I like the sound of that :headbang:

VeeWee
06-30-2009, 06:12 PM
:clap: Great news. So your back on doing the eye covers. I like the sound of that :headbang:

Any news on the Super ULE rails?

going_home
07-18-2009, 01:58 PM

CoolHand
07-18-2009, 03:56 PM

If I had anything to tell you, I'd post it up, but I haven't heard back from YDNA.

I poked him a couple of days ago, but I haven't heard back yet.

Sorry, no dice.

When I hear back from him, you all will be the first to know.

Tym
08-13-2009, 03:51 AM
Ouch, that's a heavy price.. To bad they still aren't ready.. I'll wait for you to sell a bunch and for the price to come down :rofl:

Also the trigger runs on a bit after you stop, that's an issue I would like to see addressed before I'd get one.. 'Sorry I shot you 12 times man, my marker doesn't stop shooting till it wants to.. I have no control" hehe..

CoolHand
08-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Ouch, that's a heavy price.. To bad they still aren't ready.. I'll wait for you to sell a bunch and for the price to come down :rofl:

Also the trigger runs on a bit after you stop, that's an issue I would like to see addressed before I'd get one.. 'Sorry I shot you 12 times man, my marker doesn't stop shooting till it wants to.. I have no control" hehe..

Seriously?

You post to bag on a project that's going as ****tily as this one is, posing as a potential customer?

Go away.

To the guys stuck in this thing with me - I have been unable to raise YDNA for a month or better now. I do not know what is going on. Hopefully he is just busy. If he hoses me too, I'm not sure where we'll go from there.

If/When I hear from him, I will post it here.

p8ntbal4me
08-13-2009, 03:37 PM

Thats nothing to do with the trigger,.... its the code that TAG was famous for.

IE: adding shots you didnt actually pull the trigger for.

Ryan said it was in PSP ramp,... and he said it was in "hard ramp".

That means in TAG code ----> 15BPS from the minimum trigger pulls (3),.. then 15bps from then there out (which is what he was pulling),... then adding shots (bank 14 in the code),.... then an ultra low debounce setting (anything less than 5 adds 5 shots on TAG code)

Taken right from the manual,........ minus the "this is cheater code" part :cheers:

~ P8nt

txaggie08
08-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Coolhand, it looks like you've had all the luck of a two legged, one eyed dog named Joab wiht this project.

And before anyone says it or anyone gets titchy, that wasn't a knock on coolhand. Something tells me if I was going to trash him, he wouldn't have been the first and only machinist I discussed custom milling my evil-m with at length. I don't have a place inline, though I wish I could afford to buy one and have one of his frames. He and I have had words in the past, but I like the guy from my dealings with him, I like his products, and was just offering some levity in the thread.

warbeak2099
08-13-2009, 07:12 PM
To the guys stuck in this thing with me - I have been unable to raise YDNA for a month or better now. I do not know what is going on. Hopefully he is just busy. If he hoses me too, I'm not sure where we'll go from there.

He's incredibly busy designing the new Quest for FEP's comeback. Here's what he's got so far:

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs085.snc1/4782_98071413150_92030598150_1943211_3986121_n.jpg

CoolHand
08-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Coolhand, it looks like you've had all the luck of a two legged, one eyed dog named Joab wiht this project.

And before anyone says it or anyone gets titchy, that wasn't a knock on coolhand. Something tells me if I was going to trash him, he wouldn't have been the first and only machinist I discussed custom milling my evil-m with at length. I don't have a place inline, though I wish I could afford to buy one and have one of his frames. He and I have had words in the past, but I like the guy from my dealings with him, I like his products, and was just offering some levity in the thread.

Right you are on that one, I have had crap luck on this one.

If nothing else, it has taught me this: If it cannot be done in-house, it cannot be counted on to get done at all.

Warbeak - Hmmmmmmm. . . . .

That frame looks awful familiar, doesn't it? That might explain why he's not talking to me anymore. I wonder if I can find anyone else to work on these boards that can screw me as well? :rolleyes:

I hate this industry, I really do.

I hope the whole thing drowns in Chinese junk, preferably sooner rather than later.

BigEvil
08-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Hey Ryan, Im not sure if I have asked you this, but have you tried to get the noids to work with a Scenario Dreams UTB board? They seem pretty versatile .

txaggie08
08-13-2009, 09:41 PM
I'd give you whatever help I can when I get back to the states. how much souldering has to be done and what is it on? I can do wiring cleanly and pretty quickly(and would be willing to work in exchange for a break on design work for milling) but I'm not setup to do work on actual PCB's at this point.

Lemme know if you need help with wiring harnesses or something, I'll be back in the states in a little over a month from today.

I'm curious about the UTB as well. if it's wiring mess, I'm pretty sure we could kick a harness up that's pretty clean.

p8ntbal4me
08-13-2009, 09:55 PM
Andy has my EM Ripper frame, my Devil Mag frame, a morlock board, and an Ego frame.

He said he sent it in the mail,... but of course he didnt insure it for the $1,000 I did when I sent it all to him.

,.. and it hasnt ever shown up @ my door.

Good Luck Ryan

txaggie08
08-13-2009, 10:35 PM
Not insuring packages is bad business, especially for that kind of money, whether it's the fourteen year old PBN kiddie or a proper business. 5$ saves you your reputation and the customer hundreds of $$$$

CoolHand
08-13-2009, 11:34 PM
I've not tried a T-Board, but if it works or not, I can't afford to buy 15 new boards now anyway (anymore than I can afford to buy 15 new solenoids).

My awesome paying day job stopped paying altogether (to say nothing of paying awesomely) over a year ago.

The only money I have coming in, is what I can drum up selling products I've invented and built myself, and the labor I make off the occasional custom pistol or rifle I get to build.

No one is loaning money right now, so I couldn't finance a big project if I wanted to, and I cannot spare the $1,000-$1,500 it would take to start from scratch on the electronics for these things.

The problem I have, is that it takes time to build them, and I can't find a company that will stay in business long enough for me to get them all out the door.

TAG sold me a bill of goods and bailed, AFTER I'd designed the entire thing around their boards. I redesigned things to work with the Chaos boards, and THEY went out of business 15 mins after they sent me an entire batch of defective boards.

Given my track record, SD will go tits up about two hours after I place my order (which would be fine, 'cause I don't have the money to pay them if they did somehow miraculously deliver a perfect product anyway).

Now YDNA has ALL the Chaos boards, ALL the solenoids, ALL the harnesses, and ALL the components that I have already bought, and I haven't heard a peep out of him in well over a month, despite repeated attempts to raise him. I appear to be well and properly hosed.

I have the actual mechanical stuff here, anodized and finished, waiting to be assembled. That stuff has been done for over a year now.

I simply CANNOT get this damned electronic monkey off my back.

AND, even better, if I could find a magical white knight to save my ***, I don't have the money to pay the guy anyway, so I'm hosed either way.

I'll say it again.

I hate this industry.

You guys have been better than great. You've been unbelievably patient, so don't take this rant as any way directed at you all. I'm just grumpy, and broke, and still no closer to finishing this @#$%^*!@$$# project, so I'm venting.

Tym
08-14-2009, 02:19 AM
Seriously?

You post to bag on a project that's going as ****tily as this one is, posing as a potential customer?

Go away.

Sorry I offended you man, I was just giving my opinion.. I would totally be interested in buying one, but as I said after the price comes down and the kinks are worked out.. I'm not bagging on anything. Just thought the entire point of posting this in a forum was to get feed back..

I hope it all works out, Sorry again. :cry:

CoolHand
08-14-2009, 02:59 AM
Sorry I offended you man, I was just giving my opinion.. I would totally be interested in buying one, but as I said after the price comes down and the kinks are worked out.. I'm not bagging on anything. Just thought the entire point of posting this in a forum was to get feed back..

I hope it all works out, Sorry again. :cry:

That's just it, the price is never coming down, the options are never changing. I'm not doing any more of these cursed things, and the ones I've already made the parts for are long past the point of making changes. That die is cast.

This wasn't an R&D thread, it was a BST thread, and when the preorders are finally delivered (just shortly before hell freezes over, and fools stop running our government), I will sell the remaining parts in kit form and be done with the whole debacle forever.

The things work flawlessly, when I have boards to run them.

Without boards, they are expensive paperweights.

At this point criticism, constructive or otherwise, is entirely useless, 'cause if I had boards, the product would have already been delivered. The time for implementing "tweaks" has long, long, long, long since passed.

They are what they are, and if I get them done before I die, I will do a damned happy dance (even if it means breaking my hip).

Also, don't worry, I'm going to put a clause in my will that if I should kick it before you guys get your stuff, the executor of my estate will be given the task of being forever jerked around by the board suppliers. ;)

No, really, if I kick it, I'll have them send what I've got done to the owners (you guys), and cut you a refund out of my life insurance money or something.

If I happen to invent something wonderful and lucrative in the mean time, I will divert the cash to re-do the boards, solenoids, harnesses, and daughter boards once again.

Until then, I have to hope that YDNA has a crisis of conscience and finishes the stuff up so he can send it all back to me.

I'm not holding my breath though . . . . . . .

wetwrks
08-14-2009, 03:18 AM
Hey CoolHand, all I can say is ouch!

And I wish you better luck with this. :)

p8ntbal4me
08-14-2009, 05:10 AM
Ryan;

You have an important PM waiting for you :)

~ P8nt

txaggie08
08-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Coolhand, if I can find a used UTB I'll grab it and send it your way to test. (p8nt may already have a solution though). I had one in my hands a few months ago and sold it to a friend or I'd let you have that one. Maybe y'all can figure something out with SD on pricing enough to get them running...dunno. Hopefully YDNA will get off his backside and fess up or finish up.

Dumb question, will a bushy board run this bugger? I bet those could be had DIRT CHEAP.

CoolHand
08-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Coolhand, if I can find a used UTB I'll grab it and send it your way to test. (p8nt may already have a solution though). I had one in my hands a few months ago and sold it to a friend or I'd let you have that one. Maybe y'all can figure something out with SD on pricing enough to get them running...dunno. Hopefully YDNA will get off his backside and fess up or finish up.

Dumb question, will a bushy board run this bugger? I bet those could be had DIRT CHEAP.

The Chaos boards were Bushmaster replacements, but they only output 5V to the coil (when operating correctly, as I got them, they mostly put out ~1.2V), which isn't enough to shift the coils on my solenoids.

I'm talking to P8nt, and I will rattle YDNA's cage over and over until he gets me my stuff back.

I feel better than I did last night, there is still some hope, but I don't want to gin up a bunch of hope and then have to dash it again, so don't anyone get worked up yet.

When/If there really is good news, I'll post and lay it on you all.

Until then, hang in there, I haven't scuttled the ship yet.

warbeak2099
08-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Warbeak - Hmmmmmmm. . . . .

That frame looks awful familiar, doesn't it? That might explain why he's not talking to me anymore. I wonder if I can find anyone else to work on these boards that can screw me as well? :rolleyes:

I hate this industry, I really do.

I hope the whole thing drowns in Chinese junk, preferably sooner rather than later.

It's actually an exact copy of the original Quest frame from back in 2006 with the exception of the new style trigger guard and .45 grips (although that's not final at all). And I sure hope it doesn't go under lol, this is my next gun. Quests are amazing! Good luck getting a hold of him though. All us Quest fanatics are screaming for this gun to come out. Hopefully we haven't derailed your project.

CoolHand
08-14-2009, 04:02 PM
It's actually an exact copy of the original Quest frame from back in 2006 with the exception of the new style trigger guard and .45 grips (although that's not final at all). And I sure hope it doesn't go under lol, this is my next gun. Quests are amazing! Good luck getting a hold of him though. All us Quest fanatics are screaming for this gun to come out. Hopefully we haven't derailed your project.

YDNA GOT BACK TO ME TODAY!!!!!

Huzzah!!!!!

He was busy with this project you're talking about.

It looks like I'm going to need to go with different solenoids, but that seems to be the fix we need.

He still needs to do some more testing, but we're getting closer.

txaggie08
08-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Coolhand this is probably a dumb question, but would you be interested in doing a run of just the bare frames if you get these finished up? No electronics, no promise of support/electronics, just the raw machined aluminum and let everyone deal with there own electronics and assembly issues?

I know asking if you would ever sell more complete frames would probably get me not only told now, but to go "do something unspeakable" to myself, I just didn't know how you would feel about the basic metal.....

CoolHand
08-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Coolhand this is probably a dumb question, but would you be interested in doing a run of just the bare frames if you get these finished up? No electronics, no promise of support/electronics, just the raw machined aluminum and let everyone deal with there own electronics and assembly issues?

I know asking if you would ever sell more complete frames would probably get me not only told now, but to go "do something unspeakable" to myself, I just didn't know how you would feel about the basic metal.....

I have ~8 of them left here now, unsold and bare.

When I get these preorders out, I will be offering those in kit form, just as you say: DIY/On Your Own

I could be persuaded to do a run of frames for someone to sell, but I cannot afford to front the money to stock them, so it would have to be a, "Distributor puts down a deposit and I make the frames which he then later sells at a profit" kind of deals.

I do the manufacturing, someone else does the customer service thing and bears the risk of stocking expensive components.

If someone wants to do that, I'm down.

Otherwise, I'm too broke and grumpy at the moment to pull it off.

txaggie08
08-14-2009, 05:07 PM
K, simply curiosity.

**edit**

what would the kits run out of curiosity?

p8ntbal4me
08-15-2009, 08:04 PM
Ryan;

I sent you another PM,.... should have all the answers you are looking for.

~ P8nt

CoolHand
08-15-2009, 09:02 PM
K, simply curiosity.

**edit**

what would the kits run out of curiosity?

$450 raw, and shipped to your door (in the continental US).

Arstron
08-25-2009, 07:28 AM
Wow coolhand, I am sorry you are still having so many problems with this project. I now am sorry for talking so good about the chaos boards back in 2006, but I ran into the same problems as you, I couldn't get it to power any solenoid. I was even trying it with a small 5 or 6 volt solenoid and it didn't work. I still have the board, I might pull it out and try to play around with it again one of these days.

Best of luck with the rest of the project coolhand, I hope your luck turns around. If you was a little further south I could help you out in the job department, as we have had a few businesses open/opening around here as of late.

txaggie08
08-29-2009, 02:30 PM
The noids manifold mounter in these right? Is it possible to still get the noid you meant to use? Curious, really considering grabbing one of the blank kits and building a mag before I jump on the evil-m project...

Also, that raw kits comes with a ASA or no?

CoolHand
08-29-2009, 02:51 PM
The noids manifold mounter in these right? Is it possible to still get the noid you meant to use? Curious, really considering grabbing one of the blank kits and building a mag before I jump on the evil-m project...

Also, that raw kits comes with a ASA or no?

Yes, the solenoids are manifold mount. I have enough solenoids to supply one with every kit I machined parts for, so if you buy a DIY kit, you get a solenoid with it.

All the kits come with an ASA as well.

txaggie08
08-29-2009, 04:24 PM
awsome. If I can get back and get working in the next few eeks I'll be grabbing one.

RFLMN1
09-18-2009, 09:32 AM
Any updates on these?

Jason

CoolHand
09-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Any updates on these?

Jason

Not really.

I had been waiting for YDNA to send back the rest of my wiring harness parts, but it looks like he's forgotten or lost them or something, so I'm done waiting.

Over the weekend I'm gonna pack up the stuff to go to Paintball4Me, and hopefully he will be able to get the boards and harnesses squared away.

That's all I've got.

Have a good weekend all.

Carnage reigns
09-29-2009, 02:39 PM
If I wanted you to complete a whole marker for me (Drilling and placing eyes, dual detenting my ULE, ripper frame, etc) how much would it cost?

CoolHand
09-29-2009, 02:44 PM
If I wanted you to complete a whole marker for me (Drilling and placing eyes, dual detenting my ULE, ripper frame, etc) how much would it cost?

~$975

However, I'm not going to take any more of these on until the first bunch are out in their owner's hands.

I'm not making this project more complex just as it appears to be winding down.

When I get everyone else's stuff delivered, then and only then, will I sell the rest of the kits.

Sorry man, but the existing customers gotta come first.

Carnage reigns
09-29-2009, 05:12 PM
Understandable

going_home
09-29-2009, 10:08 PM
~$975

However, I'm not going to take any more of these on until the first bunch are out in their owner's hands.

I'm not making this project more complex just as it appears to be winding down.

When I get everyone else's stuff delivered, then and only then, will I sell the rest of the kits.

Sorry man, but the existing customers gotta come first.

Does this mean p8ntbal4me is making some progress ? :bounce:

(and 975.00 is a great deal Carnage)

CoolHand
09-29-2009, 10:26 PM

No, unfortunately, it doesn't, but that's not his fault, it's mine.

I've been thrashing on literally any work I can find to keep the bankers at bay, and I'd basically forgotten that I was the one everything was waiting on.

So, the box has been setting here waiting to go to P8nt's place since my last post.

I know, bone head maneuver, I fully admit to a rectal cranial inversion.

The label is printed, and I will send them happily on their way tomorrow or Wed at the latest.

It's my fault, no excuses, I just forgot.

Honestly, I pretty much feel like a tool on this one. I got so used to being at the mercy of other people in this thing and then I kinda stepped on my whiner when the ball finally landed back in my part of the court. :rolleyes: Confidence inspiring, I know.

I'm sorry guys, and I will try to prevent a recurrence in the future.

Hang in there fellows. I am attempting to do right by you guys while not allowing the bankers to take my land, my shop, or my tools. It's shaping up to be quite a feat of juggling.

You've heard of "Just In Time" manufacturing right?

Well, I'm pioneering a new process called "Just In Time" financing, where you make the money just in time to keep the banker from foaming at the mouth.

Last month I got to hold onto the cash for like 25 minutes. :headbang: That's nearly a 100% improvement over the month before. :ninja:

If I can get through this whole deal without stiffing anyone, and while maintaining ownership of (or at least the right to sell) the great majority of my assets, even if I am totally busted when it's over, I will call it a win.

ironchef97
09-29-2009, 11:28 PM
:clap: You sir are truly a class act. :cheers:

vf-xx
10-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Wow Coolhand. I'm not involved in this order at all, and I'm impressed. Sorry it had to come down to that for you.

Oh, if it hasn't been mentioned before, i think I found out what YDNA is up to:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/paintball-news/83763-return-fep-6.html

See Post #57

p8ntbal4me
10-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Ryan;

Please clean out your inbox.

~ P8nt

CoolHand
10-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Ryan;

Please clean out your inbox.

~ P8nt

Done.

Don't know why the forum didn't notify me automatically when the box got full, it usually does.

Weird.

Anyway, it's cleaned out now.

If you need to get a hold of me you can also send an email to tech@logicpaintball.com

going_home
10-30-2009, 06:45 PM

CoolHand
10-30-2009, 07:26 PM

Nothing to report except that PB4Me has the boards and most of the other stuff that YDNA had. The rest is on its way back to me from YDNA, and I will forward it on when it arrives.

That's all that's happened.

Have a Happy Halloween.

Speaking of Halloween, someone should dress up like Jim Drew and visit Smart Parts World Headquarters with a Cease and Desist Order. Seems Jim patented the use of electrons passing through wires to do "stuff" way back in 1982, long before SP or paintball were even invented.

The ULTIMATE patent revenge!

Can you imagine the sheer terror and chaos that would cause?

It'd be like Nightmare on Elm Street, except in Pennsylvania. :ninja:

p8ntbal4me
11-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Ryan;

Sent you a PM. :clap:

~ P8nt

CoolHand
11-04-2009, 08:23 PM
PB4Me is working on the stuff.

He sent photographic proof so you all can at least see that something is happening:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/PB4MeUEFUpdate1Pic1.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/PB4MeUEFUpdate1Pic2.jpg

Things are finally moving again.

That is all.

p8ntbal4me
11-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Ryan;

Sent you a PM.

~ P8nt

CoolHand
11-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Straight from P8nt:

Ryan;

My daughter slept a few moments tonight so I worked on the frame.

First,... I completed the upper board.
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0595.jpg

Second,... here is the picture of the micro switch I did last week.
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0596.jpg

Third,... I finished the capacitor and battery snap.
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0597.jpg

I dont have a 9volt around,.. so I will go to the store this week and grab one for testing the electrical.

I do have all the crimpings ready for the eyes and warp feed hookups.

Hope this update is good for the guys! :cheers:

~ Jai

p8ntbal4me
11-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Hey Guys!

Ryan said I could give you some updates as I get them,... so why not another one the day after the last one!??? :D

Here is a shot of the entire wire setup installed complete
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0598.jpg

Here is a shot of the top of the frame to show wires and the LPR hose (excuse the tape,.. helps hold the wires in for assembly)
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0601.jpg

Here is a closeup of the ram with the LRP hose installed and wire harness
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0600.jpg

Here is a picture of something completely added to the project. These are the eye connectors and warp feed connector (in the back) that will come pre-wired with ALL the frames!
This is an added bonus,..
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0599.jpg

Here is a shot of the frame with the frame powered on and in semi!
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0602.jpg

And here is a shot of the frame with grips on (yes,.. the trigger has been removed,... but works just fine!)
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0603.jpg

I have to get some parts and my valve to test this out. I wont be able to do it this weekend,... so maybe next week! :)

~ P8nt

CoolHand
11-10-2009, 08:18 PM
That's more progress in two weeks time than I got from others in damned near a year.

I knew there was a reason I liked you. :D

p8ntbal4me
11-10-2009, 08:31 PM
That's more progress in two weeks time than I got from others in damned near a year.

I knew there was a reason I liked you. :D

Still gotta do all the other ones! :)

~ P8nt

manwe33
11-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Great news!!!!! :hail:

CoolHand
11-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Still gotta do all the other ones! :)

~ P8nt

Yeah, I know, but even at that, it's still at least two orders of magnitude more progress than I've been able to produce in more than a year.

Just as an aside, I cannot believe how tiny those little boards are.

When I first saw that pic I was like. "Wow, that's great, three wires and a capacitor. Whoopty Doo."

Then I realized that the black lump I thought was a ball of tape, was actually the board and all the connectors. :wow:

Wowzers that thing is tiny.

I wish these would have been around when I did the design work, I might have gotten away with a slightly less bulky shape on the frame.

Keep it up man, you may yet salvage 2009 as a decent year, at least for the guys involved in this deal.

p8ntbal4me
11-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Update:

My daughter is sick,.. so my weekend is looking to be shot for working on this :(

Sorry guys,....

I will try to sneek in some more hours in the middle of the week like last week.

Keep watching the thread!

~ P8nt

CoolHand
11-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Update:

My daughter is sick,.. so my weekend is looking to be shot for working on this :(

Sorry guys,....

I will try to sneek in some more hours in the middle of the week like last week.

Keep watching the thread!

~ P8nt

Don't sweat it.

Curtain Climbers and Tricycle Motors come first.

going_home
11-16-2009, 07:59 PM
Still all in all, exciting stuff.
Hasnt been this much excitement in this thread since post # 1309 !

p8ntbal4me
11-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Update:

I dragged my 2 scuba tanks from my parents basement to my apartment tonight.

I found my old AKA reg and a KAPP reg as well. I will be using these in my testing.

Not much of a dent in the work,.. but some progress.

~ P8nt

p8ntbal4me
11-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Update:

My sickness has left me with zero energy. :(

What I did today was applied the settings that Ryan was running on the Morlock board in his video and saved them in the UTB so its ready 100% for air.

I also filled my tanks up from the scubas so those are ready as well.

I need to get up into my storage area this weekend and get a drop and valve out,.... then I have to assemble the gun.

I will be testing the frame with and without eyes :)

Trying to get there guys,.... hold on!

~ P8nt

CoolHand
11-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Excellent.

p8ntbal4me
11-25-2009, 06:20 PM
Update;

Here is where Im at guys

All assembled except for valve and ASA
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0666.jpg

Close up of the eye covers
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0667.jpg

Frame powered on
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0668.jpg

Here is a shot of the breech with eyes working
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0670.jpg

Next update wont be for 2 weeks. Hang in there!

~ P8nt

afortuna
11-25-2009, 10:05 PM
I'm not in line for any of these frames, but have been following the story on a weekly basis since inception. Those latest pics are the bomb. :wow: You post it all up, then tell everyone they have to wait 2 weeks. Anyone else need a cold shower?

By the way, is there a new way to feed the LPR? It looks like you have the microline connected to Mr. Coffee. That is gonna get expensive if the LPR decides it would rather have Starbucks.

Nice job P8nt

CoolHand
11-25-2009, 11:31 PM
Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

I'm diggin' this whole "one step forward, no steps back" thing we've got going on here.

Huzzah's all around!

going_home
11-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Progress is happening ! :clap:
Makes me glad no one wanted my spot when I was thinking of selling it !

:bounce:

zondo
11-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Progress is happening ! :clap:
Makes me glad no one wanted my spot when I was thinking of selling it !

:bounce:

Wanting and ability to buy are two different things :ninja:

p8ntbal4me
12-05-2009, 07:38 AM
Guys;

I am sitting in my living room with my fiancee and my daughter right now,.. because its 7:30am on Saturday and its been a rough night :(

My daughter has a nice case of post nasal drip,.. and what ever she has now,... I have plus a cough (slight though). My fiancee is getting the start of what we have,....

I tell you this so you know that I have not touched the Ripper frame,... I just didnt have time this week.

I have the valve installed and I found my ASA and LPRs I will be using (some how the LPRs went up and walked away last week)

There is a smaaaaaaal problem with the setup (Ryan,.. dont worry!) If you all look at the pictures of the rail, you will notice that it is rather short and indeed will not compliment the ASA that Ryan milled for the Ripper.

I call this to your attention because I want to know how YOU guys would like to see the demo video footage.

Your choices are:
A) Mill the hole in the rail more forward to allow the use of the ASA that compliments the Ripper frame,... placing the LPR in the front as originaly designed.

B) Place the LPR in ANY location that will work for you,... as long as the frame performs 100% as designed.

I will tell you that option A is not going to be a long waited thing. I have ALL the tools to modify the rail,.... and its just a matter of what you would like to see done. Option B IMHO would look "less appealing" in the video.

I give you the option because my rail I was intent on using in the pictures was milled for eyes. So it gave me the chance to complete the marker 100% as shown in Ryans original video. Can I change the rail out? Yes,... Im just looking for some input here.

~ P8nt

Papa_Smurf
12-05-2009, 02:21 PM
I don't really have a preference in the demo video, so long as my '05 karta rail doesn't get any changes I don't care...

I've been pretty sick here too. I feel you. Sinus infection....

CoolHand
12-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Guys;

I am sitting in my living room with my fiancee and my daughter right now,.. because its 7:30am on Saturday and its been a rough night :(

My daughter has a nice case of post nasal drip,.. and what ever she has now,... I have plus a cough (slight though). My fiancee is getting the start of what we have,....

I tell you this so you know that I have not touched the Ripper frame,... I just didnt have time this week.

I have the valve installed and I found my ASA and LPRs I will be using (some how the LPRs went up and walked away last week)

There is a smaaaaaaal problem with the setup (Ryan,.. dont worry!) If you all look at the pictures of the rail, you will notice that it is rather short and indeed will not compliment the ASA that Ryan milled for the Ripper.

I call this to your attention because I want to know how YOU guys would like to see the demo video footage.

Your choices are:
A) Mill the hole in the rail more forward to allow the use of the ASA that compliments the Ripper frame,... placing the LPR in the front as originaly designed.

B) Place the LPR in ANY location that will work for you,... as long as the frame performs 100% as designed.

I will tell you that option A is not going to be a long waited thing. I have ALL the tools to modify the rail,.... and its just a matter of what you would like to see done. Option B IMHO would look "less appealing" in the video.

I give you the option because my rail I was intent on using in the pictures was milled for eyes. So it gave me the chance to complete the marker 100% as shown in Ryans original video. Can I change the rail out? Yes,... Im just looking for some input here.

~ P8nt

Do whatever is best for the setup that you will be keeping yourself. The pneumatic system works just fine, and has been proven before, it's only the new electronics that are up in the air.

You do it however you'd like to leave it. No sense in doing a bunch of work you'll just have to redo later.

As for the rest, don't worry about it too much, you've still made more progress in the last month or two than has been made in the last year and a half, so don't sweat a delay, we all knew it would happen eventually.

Get your family and yourself well again, and come back to this when you're all back up to speed.

Christmas is on the way anyhow, and I was going to insist that you not work over the holidays anyway. I've done that for the last ten years, it sucks, and I don't have a family.

Family first man.

p8ntbal4me
12-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Taking Ryan's advice,....

I am going to go on vacation from this project till after the New Years.

I know you guys have been waiting and waiting on me to produce SOMETHING,.....

Well here is the fruits of today's labor :D

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/th_MVI_0678.jpg (http://s383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/?action=view&current=MVI_0678.flv)

That was 18bps,.. in semi auto,.. with some stupid cheater settings to make it fire pretty fast :)

I used a E-Micro 2000 Valve with an R/T on/off assembly installed (no ULT)

I don't know what the input pressure was from the LPR,.. I just turned it up until it was firing steady. I need to make an in line pressure gauge to test the pressure in the finished product. As you can also see,... I mounted the LPR to the drop rather than screw with the rail milling and mounting the ASA (it was a quick way to test the electronics)

I need to fine tune the settings some more. However at this point I am going to say publicly:

"Ryan,... Im ready to make all the electronics now :D "

I hope you guys have a great holiday if I dont get back on here in the next week or so.
If I have time,.. I may clean up the install and solder some harnesses together (I really need a new solder gun at some point,.. perfect excuse to get one! ;) )

~ P8nt

Shirow
12-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Amazing stuff! Not part of the purchase group but I'm just really happy to see this coming to fruition. Nice video :)

CoolHand
12-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Huzzah!

That's good news indeed.

I'm heading to Kentucky to pick up a new piece of equipment.

By the first of the new year, I will be fabricating stuff using parts that I cut out on our new CNC Plasma cutting rig. Very cool, I'm terribly excited. Going down to KY to pick it up tomorrow!

Screw the recession, I refuse to participate.

We're re-tooling and heading off in a new-ish direction. Going back to my roots with metal fabrication and incorporating the machine shop to maximize our potential.

By the first of next summer, there will be hot rod and race car chassis rolling out the big doors again! :ninja:

Lots of other things going on too, but the hot rods are obviously the coolest.

If the bankers are gonna get me, they'll have one hell of a fight on their hands! :shooting:

Have a good Christmas and New Year's everyone, it's been a hell of a year, and I for one am glad that it's about over with.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

PaintballEngineer
12-19-2009, 02:13 AM
Screw the recession, I refuse to participate.

Damn right! That's the kind of thinking that eradicates "recession" :rolleyes:

:dance: :dance:

CoolHand
12-19-2009, 02:43 AM
Damn right! That's the kind of thinking that eradicates "recession" :rolleyes:

:dance: :dance:

Don't roll your eyes at me sonny!

When you're self employed, your only choice is to keep moving, even if that means just treading water.

If you don't at least do that, you drown.

Personal Updates:

1) It's snowing, and colder than a ***** outside. Global Warming my hairy white buttocks. I hope the Goracle freezes to death in Copenhagen.
2) Our new CNC Plasma cutting machine is setting in the shop now, and appears to be getting along with all the rest of the equipment just fine.
3) There's a lot of crap to do to install a new machine, and I seem to forget this fact between installations. Run new electrical wire, mount boxes, hang conduit, run new air lines, drive new ground rods, build new stands, carts, tables, and on and on and on.
4) We've been at it all week, and we're still several days away from the thing actually moving under its own power.
5) I'm glad to finally be doing something productive again.

If anyone needs any fabrication or complex burning work done in the new year, look me up, I'll be able to help you. :ninja:

maniacmechanic
12-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Don't roll your eyes at me sonny!

When you're self employed, your only choice is to keep moving, even if that means just treading water.

If you don't at least do that, you drown.

Personal Updates:

1) It's snowing, and colder than a ***** outside. Global Warming my hairy white buttocks. I hope the Goracle freezes to death in Copenhagen.
2) Our new CNC Plasma cutting machine is setting in the shop now, and appears to be getting along with all the rest of the equipment just fine.
3) There's a lot of crap to do to install a new machine, and I seem to forget this fact between installations. Run new electrical wire, mount boxes, hang conduit, run new air lines, drive new ground rods, build new stands, carts, tables, and on and on and on.
4) We've been at it all week, and we're still several days away from the thing actually moving under its own power.
5) I'm glad to finally be doing something productive again.

If anyone needs any fabrication or complex burning work done in the new year, look me up, I'll be able to help you. :ninja:

Pics of new machine , CNC Plasma :cool: you could cut anything into just about anything

p8ntbal4me
12-19-2009, 10:16 AM
Ryan;

I would be very interested in having some work done from you!

~ P8nt

CoolHand
12-19-2009, 06:24 PM
Pics of new machine , CNC Plasma :cool: you could cut anything into just about anything

Here it is as it sets:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/LogicDynaTorch-JustAssembled(9-19-09).jpg

We've run the power down to it, but still have to make up the patch cables to get from the wall to the machine itself.

Should get the air lines run on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Then we gotta build a cart for the air dryer/plasma generator, and another cart for the computer to live on, then we gotta get some slats sheared up and installed, and we gotta buy some sheet to cut, THEN we can make some test cuts.

HyperTherm 1250 G3 80A Plasma Generator. It'll Cut 1-1/4" and Pierce 5/8" steel.

Ryan;

I would be very interested in having some work done from you!

~ P8nt

You know where to find me. :ninja:

I'll let you know when I get it up and running.

p8ntbal4me
12-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Ryan:

Im cutting the wire harnesses to length today cause I have 3 hours of free time. :clap:

How many harnesses do I need to make? :)

~ P8nt

p8ntbal4me
12-23-2009, 02:29 PM
UPDATE:

Well I had some time today to work on something.

My choices were the end table for my room (which means I have to put 2 coats of poly on it) or work on the electronics.

After having a mishap with some blown foam insulation and dreading anything else becoming bonded to my hands for a week,.... I chose to work on the frames :D

(Allen should be smiling right about now :) )

I pre-cut 8 wire harnesses to the length that I think they all will be cut to from now on.

I soldered on the micro switches and solenoids.

I also thought it may be wise for wire management to add an extra piece of heat shrink tubing to the paired lines later on,.. so I did that as well.

Here is where Im at as of today guys,.... its another step in the right direction!
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0679.jpg

No more work till after the New Year. Hope you all have a great Holiday!

~ P8nt

http://home.comcast.net/~allfor114all/AoUSMC.gif

Ando
12-23-2009, 02:39 PM
WoW...Where were you when this all started

p8ntbal4me
12-23-2009, 04:50 PM
WoW...Where were you when this all started

Ive been with this since it started,.. just not into being involved with the building or actually owning a frame.

I remember saying to my buddy a LONG time ago when looking for an electronic frame for his mag: "Go with the Devil Mag frame dude,... they are more simple and they are completed"

Look how that all turned out :rolleyes:

Since then I have bought a frame and have been tinkering with it for a while.

I know it sucks with the waiting but we are moving forward, and we are only waiting on myself. No waiting on electronic parts or other things to come along,... everything I need is here and in stock.

I have till the second week of March off,.. so I will be hammering this till then to see Ryan's work become 100% finished.

Keep an eye on this thread guys,.... :D

~ P8nt

CoolHand
12-23-2009, 07:33 PM
Huzzah!

VeeWee
12-23-2009, 10:25 PM
I've been waiting quietly and patiently but I'd like to ask a question without getting beat down :D . Any chance of a Super Ule Rail getting milled out for the whole gun guys? :cheers:

Btw cool plasma table, I've looked at PlasmaCam because they seem to be pretty cheap and easy to use, I just need to come up with a good reason to convince the wife that I need one. :argh:

going_home
12-23-2009, 11:00 PM
(Allen should be smiling right about now :) )

http://www.gamesfree.ca/wg_images/img_gal/PEJpfAhSixzSvKwsMkOfn3W9Bgamesfree_ca_nice_baby_fa ce.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/going_home/automag_batterycopy.jpg

Courage is the conquest of fear, not the absence of it.

CoolHand
12-24-2009, 01:34 AM
Any chance of a Super Ule Rail getting milled out for the whole gun guys? :cheers:

I'd love to do that, and if I were still working the day job and had money coming in, I would, but right now, I gotta focus on paying work, and keeping it rolling, or I'm not gonna have a shop for the tools to live in.

That's just how it is. It sucks, I know, but I'm not gonna lie to you guys and tell you I'll get to them shortly, because I won't be able to.

If I can get a leg up long enough to do them without causing any trouble, and it appears in a time table not too far removed from delivery of the guns to you guys, I'll do them and send them along, but I'm not going to hold the project up waiting on them, because the wait could be very long.

I'd rather actually deliver 95% of what I promised, rather than make you guys continue to wait for perfection.

Like my old man told me when I was learning to fish, "Sometimes, you just gotta know when you cut the line and move on."

We're at that point with this project.

Better that you all get functional and beautiful markers that are somewhat heavier than advertised right now, instead of making more promises and extending the due date again (and again, and again, and again).

I've learned my lesson on this one, and now that we're within striking distance of the finish line, I'm not altering course any more than absolutely necessary.

I hope you guys will understand.

You all have been the best customers in the entirety of paintball (and I mean that literally) about this whole project, and I'd very much like for you to come out of it not feeling like the wait was totally wasted (like the Devilmag and GForce guys have).

I was shooting for perfection, but circumstances are closing in around me in such a manner that if I can finish this deal soon at 95%, I'd better do it, 'cause it may be the last window to do so that I get.

p8ntbal4me
12-28-2009, 02:58 PM
UPDATE

Decided to work on a few more things around the house,.. the Ripper was on the list yet again :)

Not all exciting news,.. but I was able to complete the micro switches on all 25 wire harnesses.

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0713.jpg

That little baggy contains the 8 wire harnesses with switches and solenoids installed. Just wanted to show you that they were not the same bunch of components :D

Moving on,.....

Dend78
12-28-2009, 03:21 PM
UPDATE

Decided to work on a few more things around the house,.. the Ripper was on the list yet again :)

Not all exciting news,.. but I was able to complete the micro switches on all 25 wire harnesses.

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0713.jpg

That little baggy contains the 8 wire harnesses with switches and solenoids installed. Just wanted to show you that they were not the same bunch of components :D

Moving on,.....

nice looking good

CoolHand
12-28-2009, 06:42 PM
You can't see it, but right now I'm doing the "Happy Snoopy Dance".

:dance:

going_home
12-28-2009, 07:21 PM
You can't see it, but right now I'm doing the "Happy Snoopy Dance".

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/going_home/pms%20sent/download.gif

p8ntbal4me
12-29-2009, 03:01 PM
UPDATE

Here is what I did today:

I completed 15 harnesses with solenoids
I completed 21 harnesses with battery snaps
I completed 21 harnesses with capacitors

Here's a photo for proof

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0715.jpg

The baggy in the upper right contains the remaining harnesses without battery snaps and capacitors.

Im trying to make as much headway on this before things go south. I feel the need for a break like I said,.. but I get motivated in the morning and I end up working on this when I say I wont that day :p

Either way,.. were getting there!

Moving on,...

~ P8nt

Papa_Smurf
12-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Looking good! :clap:

MANN
12-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Your counter tops are nice.

going_home
12-29-2009, 07:43 PM
post # 1475 .... dittos

p8ntbal4me
12-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Your counter tops are nice.

Thanks! They are new (3 months).

~ P8nt

Papa_Smurf
12-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks! They are new (3 months).

~$40/sq. ft.?

MANN
12-29-2009, 09:29 PM
~$40/sq. ft.?

I bet it was closer to 60-70 range

p8ntbal4me
12-30-2009, 07:10 AM
I bet it was closer to 60-70 range

I put the receipts away just this past week,.. let me dig them up and I will let you know.

I don't think it was that much though,....

~ P8nt

Papa_Smurf
12-30-2009, 10:38 AM
I put the receipts away just this past week,.. let me dig them up and I will let you know.

I don't think it was that much though,....

~ P8nt

My cost is usually 15-30, so I can set some for 40-42/ft, but the ritzy stuff can be 90 and up. :wow:

p8ntbal4me
01-11-2010, 02:44 PM
UPDATE;

Well I took my vacation this past 2 weeks (still on the last days) :D

I had my daughters baptism yesterday, and 40 people in my apartment,... so it was A LOT to handle over the past 2 weeks!

I should be getting back to work on this Monday of next week (18th). Just wanted to pop in here and give a "hey i havent run off yet" ;)

~ P8nt

p8ntbal4me
01-17-2010, 11:17 AM
UPDATE:

Monday looks to be a shot day as well. Its a holiday,... so no sitter for my daughter.

She is sick again with the sniffles and such,... hoping we are at the ernd of that right now.

I will know better Tuesday when I get back into my routine.

~ P8nt

p8ntbal4me
01-21-2010, 05:02 PM
UPDATE:

I did some work on the upper boards today.

Dont get excited,.. it was only 6 harnesses :(

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0734.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0736.jpg

I have to solder the switch and LED on those,....

My daughter is getting better. But I end up spending most of the night checking her and get ZERO sleep.

This is dragging,.. and Im sorry guys.

Hoping to make some head way Friday night when the house is empty.

~ P8nt

Dend78
01-21-2010, 05:04 PM
hey thats 6 more than you had keep it up man

CoolHand
01-21-2010, 07:25 PM
Any progress at all is better than none.

p8ntbal4me
01-22-2010, 09:10 PM
UPDATE:

I had some time to work on the wire harnesses tonight.

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0737.jpg

I finished wiring up all the leads that solder directly to the upper daughter board.

Only thing left on the daughter boards are the power switches and the LEDs.

List of things that have been done:

I completed 15 harnesses with daughter boards

~ P8nt

p8ntbal4me
01-29-2010, 03:02 PM
UPDATE:

I had a few minutes to work on the Ripper stuff

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0769.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0770.jpg

These 5 harnesses have the power switches installed now.

I plan to finish the switches first, then finish the LEDs.

After that,.... we can move on to building frames! :clap:

I completed 00 harnesses with LEDs
I completed 05 harnesses with power switches

~ P8nt

going_home
01-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the update.

p8ntbal4me
01-30-2010, 01:24 PM
UPDATE

Hey guys,.. I wanted to talk to all of you that are committed in the pre-order for a moment.

With the time line I have to work on these frames to get them into your hands and finish the project, I have asked Ryan to change some of the details set forth by myself since I have joined the team to complete the Ripper Frames.

What I have figured is that in order to get these harnesses and board done 100% soon, I need to think about how much time I have before I go back to work full time.

With that said, I have asked Ryan to allow me to omit the connectors that I wanted to crimp on the ends of the wires for the eyes and warp feed connections.

Of course, these wires will be 100% working when you receive your frame. Just that they wont have the connectors installed on them.

I know I said I would do them, and I truly am sorry for taking the commitment back. I just did some planning and looked at the work left, and figured another 6 months of updates was going to be un-acceptable for me.

I hope you all understand where Im coming from. If I could hold these frames up any longer,.... you would have what I offered. But holding them up for a few wires is just not acceptable anymore. Im sure you all can agree on that much.

Maybe when things slow down again for me in the off season I can help you all get some hookups going.

Again,... Im very sorry.

~ P8nt

p8ntbal4me
02-02-2010, 03:20 PM
UPDATE

I did some more work on the Ripper project today.

Here is a picture of 15 harnesses with power switches on the upper boards

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0771.jpg

Here, I decided to bang out 6 more boards with switches to make the total of upper boards with power switches to 20.

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0772.jpg

From here,.. the last thing (and the hardest) is to modify the LEDs to mount to the upper board. This takes some time. So the progress will be slow per harness. After the LED is on, I am pretty much done! :)

I completed 00 harnesses with LEDs
I completed 15 harnesses with power switches

~ P8nt

Papa_Smurf
02-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Rockin' man.

p8ntbal4me
02-03-2010, 01:30 PM
UPDATE

Well the day has come,.. I am finished some wire harnesses!

Here is a nice shot of 10 that are 100% ready to go (yes,.. I tested all of them ;) )

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0774.jpg

My hands are killing me right now,.. not to mention Ive been glued to this chair for more than 4 hours now.

Im going to touch base with Ryan on the next steps taken and we will be on our way! :shooting:

I completed 10 harnesses with LEDs

~ P8nt

CoolHand
02-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Huzzah!!!

I've got all your emails, and they're marked so I won't forget to reply to them.

I just got back from the shop, and I'm wiped. Don't expect a reply until later on tonight.

They look real good man, very glad to see everything is going to plan (more or less).

I really appreciate your help on this project, and I'm sure that's not a unique sentiment amongst those who have been waiting.

p8ntbal4me
02-04-2010, 01:24 PM
UPDATE

I finished the last 5 harnesses for LEDs today.

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0775.jpg

Im going to work on the battery snaps and capacitors today for as long as I can stand it.

Tomorrow is looking shot for working on the Ripper Project. But at this point we are in a VERY good position!

I completed 15 harnesses with LEDs
Pre-Order electronics are good to go :D

p8ntbal4me
02-04-2010, 02:23 PM
UPDATE

Another progress photo

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/p8ntbal4me/Ripper%20progress%20photos/IMG_0776.jpg

The 10 harnesses pictured are the ones beyond those 15 needed for the pre-order.

The 8 on the left are complete with battery snaps and capacitors.

The 2 on the right are complete with battery snaps, capacitors, power switches, and upper boards

Pre-Order electronics are good to go :D

I completed 15 harnesses with LEDs
I completed 17 harnesses with power switches
I completed 17 harnesses with daughter boards
All harnesses have battery snaps
All harnesses have capacitors

~ P8nt

CoolHand
02-04-2010, 06:59 PM