PDA

View Full Version : Greg Hastings' Tourny Paintball: Max'd

Vex
07-13-2005, 11:49 PM
They will be releasing a spruced up version of GHTP for all platforms, to include PSP and GBA.
Finally I can stop pining for a stupid Xbox...

Release Date: 18 October 2005
Breakout Move, allowing gamers to diagram the initial movement of their AI teammates at the start of a game. Break Shooting, providing players the ability to select whether their AI teammates shoot or run to their bunker at the beginning of a game. Sweet Spot enabling gamers to direct the shooting of AI teammates towards critical areas as the game begins. The result is more intensity, more tactics and more speed – and that’s only the beginning for Greg Hasting’s Tournament Paintball MAX’D. Featuring more new field locations, and over 100 new field layouts, players will use a combination of speed and tactics to take out their opponents, including 14 pros from Keely Watson and Chris LaSoya to Greg Hastings.

digitard
07-13-2005, 11:53 PM
Lots of companies are showing different release dates.

So until it comes directly from WXP I would take what you hear with a grain of salt.

I do know that they will be releasing more info on the game this month (i run their ghtp.net site which they bought from me) as well as there's an article right now in FACEFULL.

Once there's a set in stone release date I'll post it all over so everyone knows, but the Activision roadmap (the distributor) shows it as Q3 but I personally figure more of the beginning of Q4.

Fanatic
07-14-2005, 05:30 AM
all i got to say is

bought GHTP
played for and hour or two...finished the game
went back to games stop and sold it for yugi oh cards...
yeah...it was that bad...imo

warbeak2099
07-14-2005, 05:51 AM
I wish it would come out for the PC... I can't stand first person shooters on consoles. I can't really stand playing anything on a console anymore.

Maggot6
07-14-2005, 07:56 AM
^ The mouse seems to be superior to little analog sticks in my opinion too...

Jaan
07-14-2005, 08:59 AM
I wish it would come out for the PC... I can't stand first person shooters on consoles. I can't really stand playing anything on a console anymore.
I agree, there is a device called a Smartjoy Frag by Lik Sang that alows you to play FPS on a console with a mouse and keyboard.

Personally, I have no desire to play a paintball video game and I don't see the point. If I'm going to play a video game where I'm shooting at things, I want to shoot BFG's and nuclear guided missles and be a Flak Monkey (c:

TDonovan
07-14-2005, 04:02 PM
That game sucks hard... I'm just really happy my brother's friend wanted to buy it off of me.

And if they're planning on adding more speed and intensity to the game, it's going to get worse. I could seriously finish online games in about 15 seconds by sprinting down the tape, stopping and shooting people in the back. It was stupid and games ended way too quick.

In single player however I had games last 10 minutes because I ran around the field looking for someone I couldn't see.

spyder luver
07-15-2005, 11:21 AM
yes finally~!! i always was mad cuz my people wouldnt go were i wanted them to go and i wanted them to shoot off the break and everything i cant wait.

and idk y u dont like the game now i think its awsome but the games can be a lil short but they r still fun....... one thing i wish that u could do is get more upgrades besides barrels and i think they should make it so u can design a field or sumtin to play like an arcade game in or somthing imo

Slimm Jimm
07-15-2005, 01:30 PM
how hard is this to figure out?

the information for the game is released primarily on the web, and most people use computers to look up the information on the web, which means that most people that are looking at the game already have a computer. So why not release it for the computer? :tard:

Trick
07-15-2005, 02:04 PM
all i got to say is

bought GHTP
played for and hour or two...finished the game
went back to games stop and sold it for yugi oh cards...

I lost you right there.

digitard
07-15-2005, 02:15 PM
If you're complaining about the online games being fast... then blame the people playing, not the game makers. Thats all them. If they dont cover the tape, thats their fault.

I mean seriously... if people didn't cover the tape in real life you could do the same thing.

Lots of new features in this one:
Breakout features + team control while ingame
More Multiplayer support (Clan/Team support, single box multiplayer, and more)
Fixed glitches and updated models.
new features which I cant give out yet, but be assured they have another bunch of info coming soon.

DarkMag722
07-15-2005, 03:22 PM
GHTP doesnt have a many great guns. For example the best guns are the DM5 and the Karnivor ok i can understand that. But there is no Impulse, Shocker, Nerve, Indian Creeks, Angels, Timmys. And the Orracle cocker is horrible in the game. Shoots extremly slow. :cuss:

digitard
07-15-2005, 04:21 PM
GHTP is a retail product

For them to use markers a company must give them written permission to use their products since they are copyrighted.

Some companies dont see the point and wont sign off so they cant use their markers ... others jump on the chance to get such exposure.

Its hit and miss... since SMART PARTS didn't sign off on GHTP they couldn't use their markers same with BOB LONG. The only reason DYNASTY and ROCKY have markers like that is the contracts with those players gives them permission to use their gear in promotional stuff, so they were able to give Dynasty players, and Rocky for instance markers they weren't able to put in the normal game due to licensing.

If that helps...

cdacda13
07-15-2005, 04:57 PM
GHTP taught me that wiping is acceptable

digitard
07-15-2005, 05:05 PM
The 'Cheat Meter' unfortunately was the only way they could factor possibilities of not being hit.

Unless they designed an EXTREME physics engine that used speed + trajectory to randomly place 'bounces' and things like that they had to do it. Sure its not the best thing in the world, but its understandeable. Unfortuantely players wipe, and balls have a probability of bouncing so it was the most acceptable option unless they wanted to revamp the entire game and spend 6 months on a custom physics engine.

quik
07-15-2005, 05:08 PM

Hahahahaha, its funny because its true!

1337caesar
07-15-2005, 05:44 PM
who is greg hastings? Ive never heard of him and I assume this game is named after a pro pballer. What team does he play for?

Vex
07-15-2005, 06:02 PM
who is greg hastings? Ive never heard of him and I assume this game is named after a pro pballer. What team does he play for?
I think he started and owns Redz--pulled a Dave Youngblood basically.

Anyway, I'm excited that it will be coming out for PS2--and I think I read that it will also come out for PC--but don't quote me on that. There's a huge article on it in this month's FACEFULL. Read it.

digitard
07-15-2005, 06:06 PM
He currently plays for XSV I believe... he did start REDZ but he has since sold the company. His new company is www.r7usa.com. Previous to that I believed he played for Brimstone Smoke.

Greg basically was 'the' first pro-paintballer. He was one of the first people to actually recieve a 'life' supporting paintball contract back in the day when paintball was first starting to get into the mainstream w/ public tourneys/etc. They ahd a really cool article on him a while back in Facefull I believe. The man is awsome. , and actually a very cool guy.

paint magnet
07-15-2005, 07:27 PM
I think I'll just spend my $50 on a case of paint instead.

muskratjim
07-15-2005, 10:17 PM
GHTP ROCKS :shooting: all you who are down playing don't live in the snow belt.

digitard
07-15-2005, 10:28 PM
I live in AZ.

Its 110+ before noon

I'll gladly play some GHTP on my 50" HDTV instead of dealing with melting heat and dehydration...lol.

personman
07-17-2005, 07:44 AM
I always thought of the little swingy hit thing as a chance type of thing, instead of a wiping thing. Kind of like say the dice in dungeons and dragons. You do know that every ball that hits you IRL doesnt splat, right? :rolleyes:

It's not really cheating, IMO.

But it is a little bit easy to get it in the green zone. They should fix that.

SpitFire1299
07-22-2005, 12:04 AM
Week old topic but ehh.. it still could use some good comments.

I really thought it was stupid how they had the "Conman" that you get when you first start, like an automag classic, the worst gun in the game. Now really.. how many people would rather shoot there classic mag over there tippmann or spyder?

Will automags be in this game? I hope not because mags are very under-rated for some reason, and people will take it the wrong way on a game and think the stats are how it really is, in real life.

I really dont like the cheat meter thing, it seems really stupid. I say you hear like a strange hit noise if it hits you and doesnt break. Also.. it does encourage people to cheat in real life, because it shows that you can actually get away with it.

I will buy the game, but after everyone gets bored of it so i can get it from a friend for like $10.

Vex
07-22-2005, 05:45 PM
He currently plays for XSV I believe... he did start REDZ but he has since sold the company. His new company is www.r7usa.com. Previous to that I believed he played for Brimstone Smoke.

Greg basically was 'the' first pro-paintballer. He was one of the first people to actually recieve a 'life' supporting paintball contract back in the day when paintball was first starting to get into the mainstream w/ public tourneys/etc. They ahd a really cool article on him a while back in Facefull I believe. The man is awsome. , and actually a very cool guy.
I think that Dave Youngblood may have beaten him to pro status. He was covered by JT and WGP for a long time in the late '80s and early '90s.
Here's a link to a really good article:

Here (http://www.68caliber.com/features/articles/story04302.php)

The Action Figure
07-22-2005, 07:42 PM
game was decent, but why play that when Halo 2 is out?