PDA

View Full Version : Best Barrel

SPECK
07-14-2005, 02:07 PM
What do you feel is the best barrel currently being made?

BigEvil
07-14-2005, 02:10 PM
I hate to say it, but I love my Freak barrel kit. I get lots of options with it, plus I have several guns, so all I have to do is check the BST forums to pick up backs cheap when I need them.

BuyMyMag
07-14-2005, 02:11 PM
I have used many of those barrels, but I must say, I'm really impressed with my freak.

BD_Paintball
07-14-2005, 02:14 PM
i voted freak and other. i had a freak and loved it and my brother still has his freak and he likes it also. now i have a pipe kit and its very nice, the backs are very good quality and they look cool also

Vex
07-14-2005, 02:14 PM
I haven't used any higher end barrels, but the best barrel I've ever owned (for a Mag) is a 32 Degrees SS. I never had a ball break and it always put me on target. I think the best barrel that I've EVER used was an old TASO SS for my Prolite--talk about accuracy... :ninja:

dahoeb
07-14-2005, 02:26 PM
the two barrel kits i've used are the evil pipe and freak w/all american front.

the evil pipe was good, the only downside is that the tip was very poor and weak aluminum. the tip of my pipe got bent, messing up the circular shape, and it would break paint at the tip. even worse, the aluminum was so thin and weak, i was able to take my gerber and bend it back into shape....i don't think that says much for the materials used. the evil pipe backings though seemed to be pretty good, and all around the barrel shot very accurately. so with pipes, the only issue is with the very weak aluminum.

with the freak, i was happy with the quality all around. the insert quality isn't the best in the world, but it is more than sufficient and still shoots great. and more importantly i CANT bend the barrel tip with my gerber :headbang: ! the accuracy of the freak is similar to that of the pipe, its all about barrel match really though.

Sound wise, i didn't really pay much attention. the pipe did definately sound different than the freak. i think the freak was a little quieter, but it doesn't make much of a difference.

so all around i gotta say that the freak has been the best barrel i've used.
i'm not a fan of the SP markers (i've had bad experiences with imps and shockers) or their business practices of SP but they do have some of the best barrels hands down. :hail:

Lohman446
07-14-2005, 02:27 PM
I think the barrels that come stock on most high end markers (protos, shockers, angels, timmies, etc.) are frankly good enough that you would be hard pressed to find a noticeable improvement over them.

TheTramp
07-14-2005, 02:57 PM
I hate to say it, but I love my Freak barrel kit. I get lots of options with it, plus I have several guns, so all I have to do is check the BST forums to pick up backs cheap when I need them.

Exactly. So simple to just switch the back.

AGDlover
07-14-2005, 03:10 PM
I love my empire 7pc kit

Chronobreak
07-14-2005, 03:32 PM
barrels a barrel as long as it wasnt machines by a monkey

lapco, cp, j&j,dye, etc, etc are all good..and SP as long as you dnt run them over or hammer them ;)

kits are overrated, and unles your buying them used/doictount pricing it is really a waste of $.

but to eaches own :cheers:

TDonovan
07-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Lapco 1 Piece (bigshot, autospirit, etc)

68magOwner
07-14-2005, 04:13 PM
my opinion, is, that a kit is a kit, regardless. Some can clean through breaks better, shure, but, i havent broken paint in well over 20 cases of paint, so, thats not a huge selling point for me (or anyone else shooting a high end marker i would assume) I have used many kits, all preety much with the same consistency results, some are quieter, some slightly more efficient, but, thats not a huge deal to me. I think the only barrel kit that i have seen notably poor consistency from is the stiffi switch kit (mabey from the tiny control bores?) but, alot of people are in love with switch kits, so, whatever. In my opinion, the J&J edge kit is a good choice, i shoot a ceramic all star edge kit myself, and, it is the lease expensive, well manufactured barrel kit i have run across, its attractive, well finished, inside and out, comes wiht a nice case (i sont use the case because my gearbag has a built in barrel case, but, still) Is quiet, strong (this thing has gone straight into the ground on many superman's gone bad, but, has yet to bend/break/crack, or show any wear at all short of minimal scratching on the tip of the barrel.

I never even owned a kit for a long time, because, really, i could throw most any paint into any barrel, and shoot it wiht no problems and fairly good consistency. I only got a kit because, hell, a 5 piece kit for $60, it was the price of 1 decent barrel, couldnt pass that up. I was actually suprised at the difference changing backs makes at the chrono, but, on the field, the consistency improvement seems minimal. I would say, if you already have everything else for your marker, a barrel kit is worth it, as, it does provide some performance increase, but, its not a huge priotity for me.

player4
07-14-2005, 06:40 PM
barrels a barrel as long as it wasnt machines by a monkey

lapco, cp, j&j,dye, etc, etc are all good..and SP as long as you dnt run them over or hammer them ;)

kits are overrated, and unles your buying them used/doictount pricing it is really a waste of $.

but to eaches own :cheers:

I would have to agree except for one point. Kits are not over rated if you own a pump like me........

VFX_Fenix
07-14-2005, 07:05 PM
I'll toss out a vote for the CP One-Piece for a single barrel option as a commonly avalible and relatively low cost barrel.

As far as kits are concerned, I'll begrudgingly say that the Freak is probably one of the better kits for no other reason than the flexibility that it provides to you if you own multiple guns with different threading. By the same token I also have to say that I'm not a big fan of the insert system but it works well enough, about as well as any other multi-piece barrel that I've ever used.

All in all, once you start spending a certain ammount of money it seems like things start getting into more personal prefference than anything else. So long as you stick to a company that you trust to make good products you really can't go too far wrong. Even 3A with their multi-piece barrel kits aren't all that bad.

Automaggot68
07-14-2005, 11:00 PM
I haven't used any higher end barrels, but the best barrel I've ever owned (for a Mag) is a 32 Degrees SS. I never had a ball break and it always put me on target. I think the best barrel that I've EVER used was an old TASO SS for my Prolite--talk about accuracy... :ninja:

I've still got my TASO SS :)

MoneyShot
07-14-2005, 11:15 PM
anyone got a jacho infinity series barrel? I love that barrel

UTDragun
07-15-2005, 01:06 AM
Titanium Products Longbow (with a couple of backs only if your using closed bolt so balls dont roll out)

cheaper?
Armason SSR

NukeGoose
07-15-2005, 01:13 AM
I like my Stiffi. It's not the godly hype that some people say it is, but it is light weight and it shoots through breaks very well. I use a .691 for everything (open bolt gun) and don't have any problems.

Spartan X
07-15-2005, 09:16 AM
My personal favorite is My Pipe. I have had the same pipe kit for over 2 years and it's never let me down. The barrel are very well honed, transition between back and tip is very smooth, and it does clean out easy. And dispite what people say, it's not god awfull loud. I just got the good old pipe git a new ano for my Viking, so it has a long while to go ;)

GA Devil
07-15-2005, 09:21 AM
in my experience for a single barrel id be torn between the dye UL and the stiffi barrels. for a barrel kit id say the lucky 15 kit hands down.

onedude36
07-15-2005, 09:46 AM
mmm i have a lucky 15 in the mail...

atm743
07-15-2005, 04:19 PM
i posted other

i love my kaner kit no barrel breaks in the winter and summer. and shoots great

i hade a freak and they are really really good barrels but for the summer time.

when its raining or damp out or really cold they slice ballsl like no tomorrow

Carbon
07-15-2005, 06:28 PM
I chose the CP 1 piece, as it is the most aesthetically pleasing barrel for my emag.

to be honest im pretty much done with my share of barrel kits. Its nice to have sizes for weather conditions but, i like the convenience of a large/medium single bore barrel.

I know there is this whole efficiency/barel to bore match hoopla and in a perfect world i probably endorse it, but for the most part, there is a little bit of me that thinks the barrel craze is snake oil.

Mind'sEye
07-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Ya, I've got a Freak Kit in case I need to make an odd paint/barrel match but the barrel of choice for my Emag is a Bob Longshot.

50 cal
07-15-2005, 09:14 PM
I have a Freak and like it. But would rather use my 32* Carbon Fiber if the paint fits it correctly. Usually AllStar fits it just right.

player4
07-15-2005, 10:21 PM
Isn't true that the lucky 15 barrel kit is made by CP?

b&r automag
07-15-2005, 11:29 PM
I have a Dye barrel set, Freak Barrel and a Scepter Kit. Personally I like the Scepter because the barrels are pretty cool looking and The Scepter is SUPER FEATHER WEIGHT LIGHT! The inserts are fragile, but the weight is great!!

VFX_Fenix
07-16-2005, 08:00 AM
Isn't true that the lucky 15 barrel kit is made by CP?

CP has historically made Warped Sportz barrels and continues to do so to the best of my knowledge.

ghostdog2019
08-02-2005, 07:44 AM
J&J has been the best for me. My 14 inch ceramic for my mag is extremely accurate and while at skirmish I was told by the ref that he could not even hear my gun shooting which is great for a mag.