PDA

View Full Version : Morlock/Pred 2 Or Pred. Drop in for Emag.

Spartan X
07-14-2005, 10:30 PM
Ok well I just got my New Acid Red Full ULE emag in the mail today. I had a acid red a while backl and have owned 2 x-mags.

I am trading my ULE for a IT body and adding cash...

And this is my delema. I can get a Morlock/Pred 2 custom install board installed into my Emag for really cheap...including the price of the board, break bean eyes milling, and eyes and all. Basically for only a Tad more then the drop in board along is going to cost. The installer is very profesional and I trust him...maybe be abl;e to be finished by IAO for RJjunior to use in Afica...

So my question is, should I get the custom install, or not? I will NOT get the drop in board if it comes out after July because I leave for Boot Camp for Rescue Teams on Aug 15th...

I'd also like to here from any one that has a morlock installed in there Emags...from what I know, morlocked E-mags are Called E-Magnums.

I'll post pics of the E-Mag as soon as it's nice out.

warbeak2099
07-14-2005, 10:35 PM
I know most emaggers would like you to order the drop-in just so the thing will in fact come out. But I think you need to do what's right for you. And that is getting the Pred/Morlock installed. Just have this guy install the Pred2 and eyes for you.

magman007
07-14-2005, 10:52 PM
dont, i repeat, dont trade for an IT body, and deffinitely dont add cash

they were selling on ebay for like, 40 bux a while ago. they werent made from slugs, and they had crappy tolerances. stick with the ule body untill you can find something else to suit you.

Spartan X
07-14-2005, 11:05 PM
dont, i repeat, dont trade for an IT body, and deffinitely dont add cash

they were selling on ebay for like, 40 bux a while ago. they werent made from slugs, and they had crappy tolerances. stick with the ule body untill you can find something else to suit you.

WOW This Is News! can any one else back this up and comment before I commit to the trade?

Apon closer inspection, it does not look like the the IT body may be eye friendly since the detes sit so low. Tanks Magman. No IT body, keeping ULE..it's all good.

A-Tach-One
07-15-2005, 12:31 AM
I know most emaggers would like you to order the drop-in just so the thing will in fact come out. But I think you need to do what's right for you. And that is getting the Pred/Morlock installed. Just have this guy install the Pred2 and eyes for you.
Actually number of preorders are no longer an issue, there are enough. Just waiting for the board to come out and can't wait to get mine! But if you have someone that will do the Predator 2 board install cheap, then I might concider that. Good luck they both look like great options. :cheers:

BigEvil
07-15-2005, 04:39 AM
your going to need the eye work done anyhow... the only differnece with the boards will be the on/off switch and warp controlls (I think). Im sure you would be happy either way. BTW, im pretty sure that most people are backordered on PRedator boards. Make sure your guy has one for you. Also make sure its got the latest 5.0 code on it.

rkjunior303
07-15-2005, 08:08 AM
Yeah, I forgot to mention that over AIM. While those IT bodies LOOK good, they are in actuality JUNK.... Crappy tolerances, alot of times they don't have the brass washer, etc.. Trouble.

Lohman446
07-15-2005, 08:25 AM
WOW This Is News! can any one else back this up and comment before I commit to the trade?

Apon closer inspection, it does not look like the the IT body may be eye friendly since the detes sit so low. Tanks Magman. No IT body, keeping ULE..it's all good.

Magman is right on this... if you want back up

Spartan X
07-15-2005, 09:10 AM
OK, Well I backed out. I was going to be adding 65 for the gloss black body and a cmm...I figure it was like buying a cmm and tossing in 30 extra for a new body...so yah, ULE is it.

Question on the On/Off switch.

For the drop in were are they going to put it? The E-Mag never had a on/off, it only ever had the battery Pin....While the X-mag had both the battery pin and a on/off switch just above the battery pack...

White_Noise
07-15-2005, 09:57 AM
OK, Well I backed out. I was going to be adding 65 for the gloss black body and a cmm...I figure it was like buying a cmm and tossing in 30 extra for a new body...so yah, ULE is it.

Question on the On/Off switch.

For the drop in were are they going to put it? The E-Mag never had a on/off, it only ever had the battery Pin....While the X-mag had both the battery pin and a on/off switch just above the battery pack...

the drop in predator is supposed to use one of the buttons on the back of the marker as the on/off

TheTramp
07-15-2005, 11:11 AM
The top button as a mater of fact. The bottom one will turn the eye's on and off.

Spartan X
08-03-2005, 11:25 AM
http://tinypic.com/9uue04.jpg

http://tinypic.com/9uue5z.jpg

Here we are, nice and clean instalation. AS you can see there is also a on/off switch insalled, but it's not connected. He had trouble with it frying because the current from the stock battery was to great. The guys at AO said he needed Mosfiets...well did not now know what to do so he just left it in there and said I could get it connected later by some one that knows what they are doing.

I have not dry fired it yet...can't wait

Question.

The foamy is gone and I'm told I do not need it...but the ball seams to roll back a awfull lot and that worrys me....cause it roles back so much that it does not trip the eyes... Now with the morlock if that happends then you just hold the trigger for a second, but still, I'd hate for that to happen when I'm snap shooting....

The only thing I can think of to fix that is using a really fat foamy, r getting a detent installed behind the ball to stop roll back...

behemoth
08-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Thats pretty sweet.

Minus the 48inch barrel

yakitori
08-03-2005, 11:34 AM
dammmn spartan. That is one long CP on that emag. Is that a 16 incher? Looks good. I do know a guy w/ a morlock in his emag locally. Sleepingbeauty is his user name. You can maybe talk to him about it some if you have any questions.

MadPSIence
08-03-2005, 11:57 AM
looks like 18-20 inches..

SpitFire1299
08-03-2005, 12:02 PM
Woah!! That barrel is Really Long. I say get a better barrel before you get the predator and stuff.

My barrel(7in)-
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/PwrMugen/Paintball/myemag.png

rkjunior303
08-03-2005, 12:08 PM
he bought that 21'' tip as a joke at IAO.

TheTramp
08-03-2005, 01:03 PM
Question.

The foamy is gone and I'm told I do not need it...but the ball seams to roll back a awfull lot and that worrys me....cause it roles back so much that it does not trip the eyes... Now with the morlock if that happends then you just hold the trigger for a second, but still, I'd hate for that to happen when I'm snap shooting....

The only thing I can think of to fix that is using a really fat foamy, r getting a detent installed behind the ball to stop roll back...

That barrel is a riot! :)

Anyway, I think the best thing to do is simply replace the foamy. They don't fall off all the often and are a MUCH simpler fix for the ball rolling back than drilling and tapping for a rear detent IMHO.

rkjunior303
08-03-2005, 01:13 PM
Tim, I shot Kevmaster's foamie out before the tourney and I had no problems. Although, I didn't have to deal with eyes.

behemoth
08-03-2005, 01:50 PM
Tim, I shot Kevmaster's foamie out before the tourney and I had no problems. Although, I didn't have to deal with eyes.

Foamies dont matter much, but since it wasnt there, the ball was able to roll back.

Ususally not a big problem, but it was leaving the view of the eyes.

Thus, not letting the marker fire.

So, if he went to fire, and it wouldnt, it could provide some annoying situations.

rkjunior303
08-03-2005, 01:50 PM
Foamies dont matter much, but since it wasnt there, the ball was able to roll back.

Ususally not a big problem, but it was leaving the view of the eyes.

Thus, not letting the marker fire.

So, if he went to fire, and it wouldnt, it could provide some annoying situations.

yeah, i get that in my viking once in a while .. forced shot is a wonderful thing!

KayleAGD
09-24-2005, 12:17 AM
could you give me some details on hooking the hes to the pred board ? I am having all kinds of trouble getting mine to work..

Kayle

BigEvil
09-26-2005, 06:35 PM
could you give me some details on hooking the hes to the pred board ? I am having all kinds of trouble getting mine to work..

Kayle

Hit me up on AIM or PM me, I may be able to help....

KayleAGD
09-26-2005, 07:46 PM
Hit me up on AIM or PM me, I may be able to help....
with a little more help from the search engine and tunaman it works great .. thanks anyway

Kayle