PDA

View Full Version : What is the Ripper EM?

CoolHand
07-14-2005, 11:17 PM
That's a good question.

The answer?

Its an air ram type bolt-on Eframe for the Mag. Complete kits are now available for preorder.

There was a big buzz over the development, and now the time has come to get one.

Complete info and pricing is available HERE. (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=179550)

I know there are people here who were waiting for this, and just don't know its happening.

So there ya are, go get 'em guys.

Spartan X
07-14-2005, 11:24 PM
That's a good question.

The answer?

Its an air ram type bolt-on Eframe for the Mag. Complete kits are now available for preorder.

There was a big buzz over the development, and now the time has come to get one.

Complete info and pricing is available HERE. (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=179550)

I know there are people here who were waiting for this, and just don't know its happening.

So there ya are, go get 'em guys.

Damn it why do I have to go to boot camp!

CoolHand
07-14-2005, 11:30 PM
Damn it why do I have to go to boot camp!

Well, I'll bet that unless boot camp has gone over 16 weeks, that it will be waiting for you when you are done.

Now that would be a homecoming gift.

(of course it would be better if you didn't have to buy it for yourself, but yous takes what yous can gets)

p8ntball72
07-14-2005, 11:30 PM
so this is what your doing, excpt in a 86* frame? :headbang:
http://home.kc.rr.com/theelectrician/images/e-mag%20guts.jpg

will they be pre wired for eye's? :wow:
*edit so the board has an output.. will timmy eye's and harness work?
Going to be great seeing these things going from peoples garages to mass production, then on the field :cheers:

68magOwner
07-14-2005, 11:37 PM
cool stuff, im still not a mag fan, but, cool stuff. ANYWAY, something i have been wondering since the devil mag, how do you properly chrono one of these electro mags that have no mech mode?

CoolHand
07-15-2005, 12:15 AM
cool stuff, im still not a mag fan, but, cool stuff. ANYWAY, something i have been wondering since the devil mag, how do you properly chrono one of these electro mags that have no mech mode?

The FPS rise at high ROF is not that pronounced.

If the search worked, I could find out exactly what the rise is (or at least an average), but IIRC its less than 10 fps.

You just need to chroney in that much under the limit, or shoot two or three times in rapid succession to get the high number.

If I was doing a board from scratch, I would include a mode to allow the proper procedure, but I will need to make do with what TAG puts out.

I will talk with Bob and see if I can get an extra mode included (no guarantees though, those guys are really busy).

p8ntball72 - Its the same principle, but not the same parts. All the parts are purpose build from the ground up for this application. The Timmy eye harness will not work. The frame will come with the eyes (most likely the "layser" eyes) and wire (and a connector if one is needed), but you will have to assemble the harness and mount the eyes in the breech yourself.

Spartan X
07-15-2005, 12:26 AM
Well, I'll bet that unless boot camp has gone over 16 weeks, that it will be waiting for you when you are done.

Now that would be a homecoming gift.

(of course it would be better if you didn't have to buy it for yourself, but yous takes what yous can gets)

OMG you did not just tempt me!

But allas, it would not be feesable unless this project were to take over a year...because I got back after 6 weeks for 10 week of emergancyu resuce, then 30 weeks of advanced :(

Oh well My pred emag will be just fine.

UTDragun
07-15-2005, 12:50 AM
:tard: 450 is alot harder to make when your a volunteer.... buy my mag so I can get this! oh wait, then I wouldnt have anything to put it on :cry:

serious Q
If I somehow win the lottery or something, can I put this on a X-mag?

CoolHand
07-15-2005, 01:15 AM
. . . . . If I somehow win the lottery or something, can I put this on a X-mag?

Yup, though a little custom work will be required to attach the VA.

Other than that, no problem.

Skoad
07-15-2005, 02:08 AM
I may be mistaken, but i thought i remember from the TAG interview, you will be able to program your own shot patterns....so you could probably just program it in when you get them. Or make a little manual write up on what they need to do to get the chrono shots right.

magman007
07-15-2005, 02:22 AM
huh, odd market twist. Coolhand, getting his board from tag, who is very good friends with the owner of devils den paintball. Should be interesting to see.

CoolHand
07-15-2005, 02:42 AM
huh, odd market twist. Coolhand, getting his board from tag, who is very good friends with the owner of devils den paintball. Should be interesting to see.

Nah, it'll be fine.

Bob's a professional, and Chris is up to his eyeballs in DM's.

They're both good guys, I don't see any reason for there to be a problem.

magman007
07-15-2005, 02:46 AM
i just thought it was odd, bob and i go pretty far back, so i was just speculating. I just cant help but notice that rogue made a thread about trying this system, then you came out with it. Again, not accusing, only speculating. thought it was just an odd time line.

CoolHand
07-15-2005, 03:00 AM
i just thought it was odd, bob and i go pretty far back, so i was just speculating. I just cant help but notice that rogue made a thread about trying this system, then you came out with it. Again, not accusing, only speculating. thought it was just an odd time line.

You've got that backwards.

I've been working on this design for over a year now.

I posted my preorder thread, and then Rogue asked the question.

Why is it that people always seem to think that he's the one that's getting copied? :confused: Some folks must think I just scratch these things out on napkins and order the parts the next day. :rolleyes:

Now, I'm not saying that's what you're thinking, but I have heard it from elsewhere more than once before.

And before anyone pulls out their trump card, I know that I did not invent the electro-pneumatic automag mod, and I have never claimed to. However, I did design the parts that went into this one from the ground up.

RRfireblade
07-15-2005, 07:08 AM
I just cant help but notice that rogue made a thread about trying this system, then you came out with it. Again, not accusing, only speculating. thought it was just an odd time line.

Seems perfectly on line to me....

07-12-2005, 08:40 PM

07-13-2005, 09:10 AM

:)

BigEvil
07-15-2005, 07:52 AM
LOL
:p

warbeak2099
07-15-2005, 07:52 AM
Those dates show that Coolhand was first. So he does have it backwards.

chairman_mao
07-15-2005, 07:58 AM
I hate you Coolhand now I have to buid a new mag to support your stupid new designs. :p Where do you get off producing a combination of what people have been pining for over the last year? :nono: I guess I better get a second job I feel a wallet lightening coming up

cdacda13
07-15-2005, 11:00 AM
Now, I have to buy a mag.

/goes a searchs B/S/T

CoolHand
07-15-2005, 01:36 PM
lol @ Jay

Thank you sir, I rest my case.

:ninja:

MadPSIence
07-15-2005, 01:44 PM
is there any sort of gun -> pc cables/software for those boards?

magman007
07-15-2005, 02:19 PM
Hey Coolhand, as i said, i didnt mean any dissrespect, i was just making some observations, as to what i had seen thats all :)

CoolHand
07-15-2005, 02:32 PM
is there any sort of gun -> pc cables/software for those boards?

Nope. When the Predator first came out, they had talked about it, but Curt and Bob thought it best to keep the software flashing in house (its free to the original owner for life anyway).

Hey Coolhand, as i said, i didnt mean any dissrespect, i was just making some observations, as to what i had seen thats all :)

No worries man, I was just making sure there are no "misunderstandings", as folks around here tend to take one mis-spoken word and run with it.

Gotta nip it in the bud. ;)

NoForts4Me
07-15-2005, 02:40 PM
Hey Coolhand, as i said, i didnt mean any dissrespect, i was just making some observations, as to what i had seen thats all :)Well, your eyes were either deceiving you or you saw what you wanted to.

I hate to jump in here, but as a casual observer, I've notice a lot of "pot stirring" and "baiting" in some of the threads when some of these customizers post new products. Posting a "real" problem is one thing, but throwing in a response just to snipe is another. It's getting silly.

I respect and admire all of the customizers (Rogue, CoolHand, Tuna, GADevil, Nicad, RRFireblade, Luke, etc.) and I think everyone should be happy they are keeping the Mag on life-support...heck, they may even save it. Also, if you look at that group, they all deliver the goods and there are fewer problems with them than any group of Customizers/Airsmiths I've seen in Paintball.

Sorry CoolHand for getting off topic. Good luck, I hope you sell a truck full. Same to everyone else.

CoolHand
07-15-2005, 02:45 PM
. . . . . Sorry CoolHand for getting off topic. . . . . . .

No worries man, its nice to see other people stand up once in a while.

If I sell a truck load of these things, I will do a happy dance and video tape it!

:rofl: Now that will be a hoot.

CoolHand
07-16-2005, 03:13 PM
OK, new question for the day:

How Many people are going to want the eyes installed on their marker, but they want me to do it?

Can I get a show of hands please?

VFX_Fenix
07-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Ummm... Me?

It's either that or I have to deal with WWA to get it done and I'd rather not have to deal with him, I suppose Tuna would be someone else to look at but given that this is a Logic production I think it'd be nice if you did it.

I thought about asking how much it would cost to do that earlier but thought I'd cross that bridge when I got to it, but since you bring it up. :ninja:

slimc
07-16-2005, 04:24 PM
If you are willing install the eyes for a good price, my hand is up.

Skywalker
07-16-2005, 04:40 PM
I think a price of $450 should include eye installation, but then again it's a lot easier said than done. I'm willing to pay a little more for you to do it, but I would want compound eyes.

Also, are you sure you can't get any chrome Jackhammer's with your order?

CoolHand
07-16-2005, 04:54 PM
I think a price of $450 should include eye installation . . . . . .

Well, I can tell you right now, that is not going to happen. It takes a lot of time, and a fair bit of machine work to put eyes in a Mag. It is certainly not something I would do for free.

I'd say the eye install will be at least $100, but maybe up to $125 or $135 if I my eye cover idea works out like I'm hoping it will.

You guys have got to realize that this is not a product with a huge markup, even at $450 a pop I make almost nothing (especially if you factor in the time it takes to assemble one).

I was more looking for how many people must have the eyes installed by me, or they won't buy one.

If you can have them done elsewhere cheaper, I would think it would be better for you to do so.

Sorry if I did not state myself clearly enough before.

Sometimes, what I am thinking, and what I say are not exactly the same thing. :tard:

VFX_Fenix
07-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Well it certainly wouldn't stop me from purchasing this frame from you if you didn't offer to install the eyes themselves. I'm just curious who you'd recommend to perform the eye install.

CoolHand
07-16-2005, 06:12 PM
Well it certainly wouldn't stop me from purchasing this frame from you if you didn't offer to install the eyes themselves. I'm just curious who you'd recommend to perform the eye install.

Anyone who is handy with a vertical mill can pull it off. You'll need a 3mm end mill, 3mm drill bit, 3/16" end mill, 1/4" end mill, 1/4" ball end mill, and maybe a 1/2" end mill.

Its pretty straightforward, but it is time consuming (which is why I can't do it for free).

I'd imagine Luke on here can do it for you, he seems to be real handy with a milling machine. Of course WWA could do it, if you can catch him (though he seems to be doing much better of late). Other than those two, I don't know right off hand.

I will, however, check into the pool of airsmiths that I trust and compile a list of those who can pull this off.

If I can't find any more than those two, I will of course take on more of the installs than I had previously planned on. (not because those guys can't handle it, but because there are only so many hours in the day, so the wait could get long if they get over loaded)

I would not suggest you try this with a dremel tool, or a hand drill. If you don't like your body or rail much, you can try a drill press, but you are nearly guaranteed to tear something up (drill presses don't like the lateral loads that end mills create).

Basically, if you don't own or have access to a vertical mill, you can't do this yourself.

b&r automag
07-16-2005, 06:22 PM
Can the marker function without the eyes? Is it like a shocker and it's vision eye. Sorry don't really understand much about the eyes on a marker yet. The only reason I bring up a shocker is because that's what I'm currently using and it works pretty good without the eyes on.

Also if you were to install it I would send my mag in to you for this installation. No one better to do it than the maker of it.

CoolHand
07-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Can the marker function without the eyes? Is it like a shocker and it's vision eye. Sorry don't really understand much about the eyes on a marker yet. The only reason I bring up a shocker is because that's what I'm currently using and it works pretty good without the eyes on.

Also if you were to install it I would send my mag in to you for this installation. No one better to do it than the maker of it.

Oh yes, it will funtion just fine without eyes.

If you have a LVL X bolt (and its properly tuned), you won't chop. Some folks just want to ditch the LVL X bolt (so they don't need to tune it), and rely on the eyes for the anti-chop.

If you don't have the LVL X bolt, you can chop, but if you have a HALO and keep the ROF under 20 or so, you should be OK still.

Its all up to the user. There are many ways to be chop free, it just depends on how you'd prefer to go about it.

If you shoot a revy with a LVL 7 bolt and no eyes at all, you can pretty much count on some chops though

two_four_878
07-17-2005, 12:00 PM
It says it works with Karta but what about Dallara?

magmonkey
07-17-2005, 02:18 PM
we will do it send an email to [email protected]

MadPSIence
07-17-2005, 03:24 PM
Oh yes, it will funtion just fine without eyes.

If you have a LVL X bolt (and its properly tuned), you won't chop. Some folks just want to ditch the LVL X bolt (so they don't need to tune it), and rely on the eyes for the anti-chop.

If you don't have the LVL X bolt, you can chop, but if you have a HALO and keep the ROF under 20 or so, you should be OK still.

Its all up to the user. There are many ways to be chop free, it just depends on how you'd prefer to go about it.

If you shoot a revy with a LVL 7 bolt and no eyes at all, you can pretty much count on some chops though

i really can't decide between goin level 7 w/ eyes or level 10 w/o eyes.. I'm not liking the idea of sending stuff all the way to DC to get work done and then back to you for assembly.

i may just end up goin level 10 because it never chopped on mewhen i used my mech mag and an Egg2... except when I accidentally had the speed turned all the way down on the egg and started shooting until I outshot it. DAMN it's bad when a mag chops... paint ALL through the body, the bolt.. the sear.. down into the trigger frame a bit too.

nameless143
07-17-2005, 04:00 PM
So, if I were to build a mag that would use this frame, would I need to use a sear?

MadPSIence
07-17-2005, 04:19 PM
So, if I were to build a mag that would use this frame, would I need to use a sear?

yes you would.

CoolHand
07-17-2005, 06:12 PM
It says it works with Karta but what about Dallara?

Dallara = Classic Rail = Needs some custom work = Not a bolt-on application

It can be made to work, but its not as easy as the RT rail platform.

CoolHand
07-17-2005, 06:14 PM
i really can't decide between goin level 7 w/ eyes or level 10 w/o eyes.. I'm not liking the idea of sending stuff all the way to DC to get work done and then back to you for assembly.

i may just end up goin level 10 because it never chopped on mewhen i used my mech mag and an Egg2... except when I accidentally had the speed turned all the way down on the egg and started shooting until I outshot it. DAMN it's bad when a mag chops... paint ALL through the body, the bolt.. the sear.. down into the trigger frame a bit too.

Yeah, I feel for you.

You can send it to me, and I can send it to DC for the machine work, or I can do it here (if I have time).

OR, you can send it to them, and then they can send it to me for assembly.

Either way will work, its your call. Shipping is going to get you two or three times either way though (although it won't be international shipping).

CoolHand
07-18-2005, 11:05 PM
So, how many of you guys are going to get in on this today?

;)

11 Bravo
07-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Do you have a picture yet? If not when would you expect one?

cdacda13
07-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Show me a video of this thing ripping, and Ill buy a mag just for this.

CoolHand
07-21-2005, 04:32 PM
I'll get back to you two in about six weeks.

(see above for a full explaination)

MadPSIence
07-21-2005, 04:37 PM
ah, people have such little faith. Frankly I was sold on this before you even told us it existed. (Yes I travel through time)

while we're on topic... any chance that those ordering from the first batch could have any minor non-cost-adding mods done to the frame? check your pm's for what I'm talking about.