PDA

View Full Version : which mask JT flex 7 or a JT Proteus

wicked_mag
12-01-2001, 02:07 PM
YO which one would you go for a flex 7 or a proteus and why??????????
If you would go for the Flex 7 whcich one the IZE or the refular one????????????????????/

Smokee_2_7
12-01-2001, 02:17 PM
Flex 7, all the way. here's why. When I tried on the Proteus, The main thing i didnt like was how the bottom of the mask seemed to hug my jaw line. I reallly felt like my throat was exposed- - - MUCH more than with the flex 7. Adittionally, there's not as much soft armor on the mask, so that might increase the chance of breaks. Those were my only two big comlaints, but I didnt get to play in the mask, either.

Check out this site-- http://www.pballcanada.com/ .

They did a big goggle review and test, and there are some other problems w/ the proteus that they pointed out.

hope this helps

wicked_mag
12-01-2001, 02:23 PM
thanx that helped alot smokee_2_7

MagMan5446
12-01-2001, 02:28 PM
V-Force Morph. Best mask on the market today is the Morph. Never fogs, better field of vision than either of those masks, and they look better. (IMO)

Mine is more comfy than my old flex-7

graycie
12-01-2001, 03:08 PM
the flex does come lower on the jawline than the proteus, but i've found that the proteus hugs my head more and have less goggle slippage than i did with the flex.

magic55
12-01-2001, 03:10 PM
i like the proteus a lot more its more snug and feels better the flex stuff on the flex seven doesn't really help my brother got shot there and all that happened was the ball blew up on his teeth and cut his lip

mac2k4
12-01-2001, 06:00 PM
if ya geta flex, get a black mask, black soft ears(small) and red eye peice.

all black w/ red eye peices

FeelTheRT
12-01-2001, 06:16 PM
The Proteous is very close to your face so it's very small, but the visor is hard as anything. The Flex 7 isn't quite as small but it's way more flexable.

Major Ho
12-01-2001, 08:57 PM
if you DO get a flex, dont get an IZE. I have both the reg and 3 IZE's(internet sale) the IZE rubber is WAY too soft. A ball just goes right through and you might as well have the ball land on your cheeks because its so soft. Trust me i had one land smack on my cheek. The regular ones promote much more bouncing and protect you much better. Those V forces look nice too, check them out...

Drew
12-01-2001, 09:41 PM
the only problem I had with my flex 7 IZE was I left it in my Jeep on a hot day and the rubber part got warped:mad:
other than that I love these goggles, flexible, good head protection, you can see and hear well out of them and they come in some way cool colors:D

Cha0tic
12-01-2001, 11:16 PM
i stick to my old black spectra thermal, but i have a flex-7 too...i would get a flex over a proteus

tooslow
12-01-2001, 11:41 PM
If you do decide to go with a Proteus, check out paintballgear.com. They have them onsale for $49.99.

That price should give you an idea of just how sucessful the Proteus has been.;)

wicked_mag
12-01-2001, 11:57 PM
Ok well with the flex 7's how bad is it when it hits you in the soft part, cuz when i go to school i don't wanna look stupid wit red dots all over my face

Drew
12-02-2001, 12:08 AM
I've been hit in the rubber region (can I say that?):D
and it's not that bad, I think it works good for shot deflection, I've only had one or two break that hit there, the rest have bounced, www.paintballonline.com has the flex 7 IZE on sale, $29.99 with thermal lens or $49.99 with thermal lens and a fan (not sure which fan)