PDA

View Full Version : My Rant for the week....

BigEvil
07-15-2005, 10:02 AM
Some random thoughts and rambelings. My brain is fried this week.....

*Ever notice... that no matter how early you get to the field... you never can seem to get ready in time?

*The bigger your toolbox is, the more 'friends' you meet at the field?

*and no matter how big that toolbox is... it always seems to be missing that one part you need that if you dont get your day is over? I now carry a complete replacement shell and doors for my Halo

*People are always excited and anxious to come out to play. Then you say the one word that kills that quicker than wedding cake kills a womans sex drive :PRE-REGISTER

*Shooting a mag with a Warpfeed gets you LOTS of attention. Im still not sure if any of it is good though....

*Always respect that old guy shooting a right-feed cocker with the slide frame.

*FEAR that same old guy when he discovers e-blades.

*Speaking of cockers, has anyone else noticed that their re-sale value has gone straight down the toilet? I think of just about every other marker too.... Can you say "Market-Saturation"?

*I never paid attention to this until I started reading all of the 'debate' threads.. but I definately noticed lots of players shooting mechs at the field that were having great days.

*"kills" are not as satisfying as they were when I played with a pump.....

*I saw a group of kids hanging around the chrono station with their ramping Shockers... seeing who could shoot the fastest. They had some kind of "Advantage board" or soemthing. It was definately impressive to see those guys go through paint like that. I always love technology. I wonder where those guys work to be able to pay for that? Maybe I should get a paper route or something too.....

*There are TONS more upgrades for mags now than there ever was during there "Hey-Day" I remember when you where hot-stuff when you had a 45 frame. I'll take a Chimera frame and Dallara body over a Benchmark and stainless powerfeed anyday. And does anybody really miss lvl7 anyway?

*When I think about it... its really amazing how many of us still shoot emags.. considering they came out about the same time as LCD Angels. I think Tom put those little yellow on/off pins in the emag to give it the same 'high-end' feel as the Angel LCD with those stupid yellow tabs. Only difference is that the following year, the Angels all came with an On/off switch.

*I would love nothing more than to lock the AGD, TAG and AKA engineers in a room with a pencil and paper and not let them out for like 3 weeks.

minimag03
07-15-2005, 10:34 AM
I remember miss lvl7. She was a dirty one indeed.

mcdkid
07-15-2005, 10:39 AM
*I would love nothing more than to lock the AGD, TAG and AKA engineers in a room with a pencil and paper and not let them out for like 3 weeks.

and a camera man... maybe a midget... Thats just good TV.

buzzboy
07-15-2005, 10:40 AM
My thoughts with yours

*Ever notice... that no matter how early you get to the field... you never can seem to get ready in time? Only if I'm running late.

*The bigger your toolbox is, the more 'friends' you meet at the field? I end up loaning orings, hoppers, tools, tape whaterer

These are the only things I can agree with you on. Then again I don't play at an organized field or play against people with guns over $250.

cdacda13
07-15-2005, 10:47 AM
"*Ever notice... that no matter how early you get to the field... you never can seem to get ready in time? "

I can relate there. I always try to get there at 9:45 or 10 at the latest. By 10, people are already playing games.

BigEvil
07-15-2005, 11:19 AM

We could put it on PPV.

MaLfUnCtIoN
07-15-2005, 11:30 AM
hahaha!

paint magnet
07-15-2005, 12:28 PM
*There are TONS more upgrades for mags now than there ever was during there "Hey-Day" I remember when you where hot-stuff when you had a 45 frame. I'll take a Chimera frame and Dallara body over a Benchmark and stainless powerfeed anyday. And does anybody really miss lvl7 anyway?

Miss it? Heck, I still use it :) Anyone remember the Pro-Line Autoresponse frames? :D

AGDlover
07-15-2005, 12:34 PM
lol ya i do believe i have a lvl7 in my gun right now

WenULiVeUdiE
07-15-2005, 01:15 PM
Some random thoughts and rambelings. My brain is fried this week.....

*Ever notice... that no matter how early you get to the field... you never can seem to get ready in time?

*and no matter how big that toolbox is... it always seems to be missing that one part you need that if you dont get your day is over?

*"kills" are not as satisfying as they were when I played with a pump.....

I get to the field at 8:30 usually. I dont play until 10:30 and I'm rushing around for the last 30 minutes.

The things I alwasy end up needing from my toolbox are the tools I took out of it last night.

"Kills" have never been more satisfying when I use a gun that people have believed to be heavy, chops alot, ugly, slow, etc.

Not only with a pencil and paper, but a large chunk of Alum. and a HAAS 5-axis CNC. Oh, and dont forget to add Simon (Manike) to that list.

JOESPUD27
07-15-2005, 02:44 PM
Those kids with rampin electros probably don't buy their own paint. Also, I enjoyed the "enjoyed the pump kills more" part. I enjoy pump play also. When I get a Mag, it'll probably have a lvl 7 in it, and will be thankful for a Benchmark frame. But, I'm just a fan of the old school...

Jay

BigEvil
07-15-2005, 04:17 PM
Miss it? Heck, I still use it :) Anyone remember the Pro-Line Autoresponse frames? :D

Remember it? Hell, I was on the recieving end of one last year at AONJ4. AGDJON has an RT with one on it. By FAR THE FASTEST MECH IVE EVER SEEN.

I remember when they first came out. A guy had one on his minimag. He was cool, because he had a mini and not just a regular mag like the rest of us. Ha, come to think of it,.. everyone had mags back then.. oh well any how... I shot the thing and it was faster than that Tippman full-auto thing with the pre-historic wind up feed they had. Neither one of them could hit the side of a barn at 20 ft though thanks to the co2 freeze up.

WenULiVeUdiE
07-15-2005, 05:57 PM
Remember it? Hell, I was on the recieving end of one last year at AONJ4. AGDJON has an RT with one on it. By FAR THE FASTEST MECH IVE EVER SEEN.

He partially deflated my bunker with that thing. :wow: :eek:

paint magnet
07-15-2005, 07:07 PM
You can put it on an RT? Heh, I might have to try that. Right now I'm using a reverse MiniMag valve (pre-star) with it and it's still insanely fast. :shooting:

Scott Hudnall
07-15-2005, 08:29 PM
Please don't be disrespectful to the L7 bolt. It is still my bolt of choice...and yes I've owned a L10.

give me a foamie L7 bolt, a fast loader, and quality paint......I won't break paint.

Yeah, lots of cool stuff for the AGD family now.

CJ55
07-15-2005, 08:48 PM

Yeah and one dude from Smart Parts to see how long he can live, kinda like a Jail and Survior show mixed.

peewee
07-15-2005, 10:55 PM
*People are always excited and anxious to come out to play. Then you say the one word that kills that quicker than wedding cake kills a womans sex drive :PRE-REGISTER

Truer words were never spoken ( about the wedding cake)
I love my LVL 7

I would beat someone for an auto responce trigger about now :cool: I never should have let mine go. :cry:

Enos Shenk
07-16-2005, 05:34 PM
*Always respect that old guy shooting a right-feed cocker with the slide frame..

Ooh thats me. Except im not old. And im not really that great anyway.

warbeak2099
07-16-2005, 08:35 PM

I'll get the net. You bring the tranq darts. We can do this...

punkncat
07-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Great post. So true.

m20power
07-18-2005, 05:27 AM
"Hey can you drop everything your doing to fix my gun that I couldnt help but mess around with and break even after you told me not to, and oah yeah I wont pay you either."

Dont you just miss hearing that. I do love the look on their faces when you tell them to fix it themselves.

I like the net and tranq dart idea. Its a lot easier than mine which involved 20 gallons of rubber cement, five tazers, and twenty seven hookers.

BigEvil
07-18-2005, 06:57 AM
"Hey can you drop everything your doing to fix my gun that I couldnt help but mess around with and break even after you told me not to, and oah yeah I wont pay you either."

Dont you just miss hearing that. I do love the look on their faces when you tell them to fix it themselves.

I like the net and tranq dart idea. Its a lot easier than mine which involved 20 gallons of rubber cement, five tazers, and twenty seven hookers.

LOL

I really dont mind helping anyone out... but anytime I grub something from someone I always offer them some cash or something ....

SpitFire1299
07-18-2005, 11:55 PM

I wouldnt mind that either.. but then they would die from not having anything to eat or drink, and they would go insane.

I like your rants.. very interesting.
:cheers:

I dont miss level 7, i have an extra bolt too!

Im not popular for having a lot of tools, everyone tries to hide because they just stole all my tools.

Mech guns are awesome! There cheap, and everyone has one.

c_bass
07-19-2005, 12:18 AM
[QUOTE=BigEvil]
*When I think about it... its really amazing how many of us still shoot emags..

i never see anyone ever shoot an emag at places i play.i wish there were emaggers out where im at. :cry: oh well emags still rock my face off :headbang:

BigEvil
07-20-2005, 07:17 AM
[QUOTE=BigEvil]
*When I think about it... its really amazing how many of us still shoot emags..

i never see anyone ever shoot an emag at places i play.i wish there were emaggers out where im at. :cry: oh well emags still rock my face off :headbang:

Well.. meaning "us" here on AO in general. :-)

PsychoBaller
07-27-2005, 08:09 PM
*no matter how early you get to the field... you never can seem to get ready in time?

* no matter how big that toolbox is... it always seems to be missing that one part you need that if you dont get your day is over?

Your looking at the king of "I'll be on the field in a minute... just gimme a minute.......... wait up for me... hold on!!!" heheheh

and the latter quote.... i dunno how many times i needed a small oring, or screw to hold something on... or "oh no, i forgot batteries again!"

Odd how no matter how expensive a gun you own, or how fast it can shoot... its always a matter of having that one oring to make it all run smooth. that one oring breaks, and your done! heh.

Arstron
07-27-2005, 09:44 PM

-- I dont have that problem, I get there around 10 and no one else shows up until 10:30

-- Ya, ive had a team need to borrow stuff from me a couple of times.

*Shooting a mag with a Warpfeed gets you LOTS of attention. Im still not sure if any of it is good though....

-- I love shooting my warped mag, the only problem is that it scares off some of the younger players, thats why I keep a triad in the gear bag. ;)

*I would love nothing more than to lock the AGD, TAG and AKA engineers in a room with a pencil and paper and not let them out for like 3 weeks

-- SP would have have the leagal papers wrote up before you could even put them in there. ;)