PDA

View Full Version : Question on PT extreme (I know its not AGD)

Starfire
12-01-2001, 02:11 PM
Im gonna get a sidearm and ive decided on the PT extreme, anyone know what kinda barrels they take?

Xzion
12-01-2001, 02:46 PM
I believe they have fixed barrels, which cannot be removed. Though, ive only looked at the PT Extremes in proshops for a brif period of time and may be mistaken.

PigSweat
12-01-2001, 04:49 PM
PT Xtremes DO have removable barrels, HOWEVER, it doesn't matter. This is because the barrel is threaded at the top of the barrel (just before the little 1" protrusion of the end), and thus you would need a barrel that has an extra 6" of barrel beyond the threads

Starfire
12-01-2001, 05:20 PM
ooo sounds like my dad will finaly get to make the barrel hes always been inching to try ;)

PigSweat
12-01-2001, 07:27 PM
yeah, it could be a VERY interesting project.

the JoKeR
12-03-2001, 10:25 AM
As an owner of a PTX, my best recommendation is to get VERY familiar with the following site:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/68872
They've been discussing the pro and cons of that marker for quite a while. There are also a number of threads regarding aftermarket barrels, such as one from BOA. I've found the PTX to be fun to use, but aggrivating as heck. Low velocity, double feeding, etc. I cringe when somebody says they want one for their primary marker!
It can be a fun marker to use, though. One of my best war stories involves me taking out a warp fed e-mag in a shoot out. I hit the guy 3 times, he missed me 30!

Starfire
12-03-2001, 02:28 PM
its gonna be my side arm. Im the sniper =) need something compact for when things get heated.