PDA

View Full Version : I need an accuracy comparison please

jenarelJAM
07-15-2005, 10:42 PM
Hey, my friend has a Phantom and he insists that it is more accurate than my mag. I believe that his gun should be no more accurate than any other marker since it does not use a special $100+ barrel, but the stock one. My mag also uses the stock Xcel.

I would like to call upon all phantom/mag owners and also phantom/other-gun owners to compare accuracy between the two. I believe there should not be a very noticible amount of difference unless the paint types are different.

Please do not vote unless you actually own a phantom and another gun, although I would encourage posting and feedback. Thanks.

Army
07-15-2005, 10:47 PM
No marker, by design, is any more accurate than another. Accuracy comes from paint to barrel fit, and consistant air pressure release from the air chamber.

A polished wooden tube will be just as accurate as a $300 wonder barrel, with good paint correctly sized.

NoForts4Me
07-16-2005, 01:00 AM
Well, I don't own a Phantom, but I play with a pump (Sniper II), and it's no more accurate than my Automag. However, some of the misconceptions about accuracy and pumps is because you actually have to aim to hit someone. You've got one, maybe two shots on someone before they start pouring paint on you. I play completely different between the two guns. I'll "walk" the paint over to a target with my semi, not too concerned about whether the first shot or two hits, because they're followed by several more. With my pump, I try to hit in one shot, so I usually line the shot up better. People also think that since you hit them in one shot that the gun must be more accurate, since most players are accustomed to shooting several rounds at someone to get an elimination. So there, that's not scientific, but that's my observation.

Oh, and what Army said :D .

Mr. BoBo
07-16-2005, 01:02 AM
I've owned a lot of markers.

Phantoms have very good stock barrels.

When you have one shot, you make sure it hits.

That is all!