PDA

View Full Version : Is there Really Much of a Difference???

lamingo
07-16-2005, 09:38 PM
What is the difference between an an Emag Valve , RT valve (old style) , and an XValve .

I know the names are different but performance wise i was wondering if there was really much. I was looking at buying a valve want to know what sets these valves apart

Maggot6
07-16-2005, 09:44 PM
If you don't want to shed the ounces, and already have a level 10 get an emag / rt valve, they don't look as flashy, but they are alot less expensive. Just my opinion

WARPED1
07-16-2005, 09:57 PM
I believe they are the same except for the stainless vs aluminum

cdacda13
07-16-2005, 10:43 PM
x-valve is light, thats about it.

Some people also think that the SS valves are more reactive than the Alumiun valves.

Dayspring
07-16-2005, 11:14 PM
A classic RT valve won't work in anything but a classic RT.

All the other valves are compatible with every other gun, you just need to make sure the on/off pin size is correct.

Performance wise- they are the SAME.

lamingo
07-17-2005, 12:43 AM
So if i were to buy a RT valve i would need to but a RT rail and sear then right??? However i were to get a Emag vavle all i need is a defferent pin size? Thats what im gathereing from the post so i could use my AM/MM rail and my AM/MM sear???? correct me if im wrong

Army
07-17-2005, 01:08 AM
The old style RT valve will ONLY work in a original style of RT. An entire marker is needed to use the OLD RT valve.

The NEW RT valve will work in all AGD guns except the original RT and Sydarm.

The E and X valves will work in all AGD gun except the original RT and Sydarm.

NEW RT, E valve, and X valve are operationally identical. The X valve is made mostly of aluminum, shaving about 3oz.

E and X valves MAY require a longer on/off pin to work correctly on some frame/rail combinations.

11_Mile_TMaster
07-17-2005, 01:19 AM
also... keep in mind the E-mag valve can technically accept a ULT, whereas a standard RT valve cannot. (Note that using the ULT in an actual e-mag is detrimental to performance... but using an e-mag valve in another marker is an option.)

warbeak2099
07-17-2005, 08:38 AM
Exactly. The emag valve and xvalve can accept ult without modification.

Dayspring
07-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Any Emag valve that's under serial # 1000 will NOT accept the ULT. (That is, the old SS and aluminum ones.)

Dirge
07-17-2005, 02:49 PM
My emag valve is in the low 600's and takes the ULT just fine, though it is all stainless.

lamingo
07-17-2005, 03:39 PM
well so since performance wise they are basically all the same. And im not necesarilly rolling in cash i dont want to pay that much for an Xvalve so between a Retro Valve and a Emang vavle what would you guys recomend. With the retro i would only need a Rt rail and sear right. and Emag a new on/off pin. ULT isnt necesrialy a necessity but it would be a cool little add on. Anyway what would you recomend.

Also What do you think i can get out of a 4 star minimag valve with lvl 10.

TheTramp
07-18-2005, 09:07 AM
With the retro i would only need a Rt rail and sear right. and Emag a new on/off pin.

No. The Retro Valve and the RT valve are two different things. Using the terminology above: The Retro valve is the NEW RT valve and the RT valve is the OLD RT valve.

The E-mag valve is simply a Retro valve with "E-Mag" engraved on the side instead of "Retro."

If you buy a Retro, E-Mag, RT-Pro, or X-Valve (all Aluminum) you can use any rail, body, etc. (other than the old RT).

To answer your question, Between a E-Mag valve and a Retro valve I'd get which ever one is cheaper.