PDA

View Full Version : Emag lowers + Classic Valve

Spaz100
07-16-2005, 11:12 PM
Since the search function ceases to exist, if i were to get emag lowers, including rail, what would i have to do to make them function properly with a classic valve, if i remember right i thought all you needed was the emag pin with the classic on/off.......

Dayspring
07-16-2005, 11:16 PM
You'd have to put the entire emag on/off assembly in there.

There may not be enough UMPH to reset the sear/solenoid assembly though. The classic valve only gives 1/2 the kick that a classic will on the trigger. (Because of how the RT valves work. This is why the ULT and the Emags don't get along.)

I think this may hamper your ROF.

Spaz100
07-16-2005, 11:20 PM
it's moslty just a temporary solution until i either get an evalve or an xvalve, so the emag on/off will fit in the classic valve?

Dayspring
07-17-2005, 01:40 AM
Yes.

Make sure you get the right size pin.

k0m0d067
07-17-2005, 02:11 AM
in the same vein as this, i'm trying to create an experimental electro trigger for my mag (currently a stock classic valve, but just like spaz, i intend to remedy the situation soon)

i know that the x-valves and rt valves are said to be able to cycle at 26 cps (not bps..that depends on the loader ;) )

anyway, is the 26 cps realistic, and is that in bursts? or sustained strings? and can they be made to go faster?

the frame i am building will have ramping available, plus pretty much any other firing modes available...burst...full auto, etc...and have beam break ACE!!!

i just remember that my last attempt to make an electro-mag work, it was a booh-yaah, was a miserable failure...it would cycle fine, until you actually tried running paint through it...then the bolt would stick/not recock...

Maggot6
07-17-2005, 07:05 AM
in the same vein as this, i'm trying to create an experimental electro trigger for my mag (currently a stock classic valve, but just like spaz, i intend to remedy the situation soon)

i know that the x-valves and rt valves are said to be able to cycle at 26 cps (not bps..that depends on the loader ;) )

anyway, is the 26 cps realistic, and is that in bursts? or sustained strings? and can they be made to go faster?

the frame i am building will have ramping available, plus pretty much any other firing modes available...burst...full auto, etc...and have beam break ACE!!!

i just remember that my last attempt to make an electro-mag work, it was a booh-yaah, was a miserable failure...it would cycle fine, until you actually tried running paint through it...then the bolt would stick/not recock...

32-34 BPS MY FRIEND...
http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/pb/z-mans_corner/zmans_corner_main.html
Take that...Plus he answers some of your questions

k0m0d067
07-19-2005, 04:29 AM
yeah, but i just want to know what's the fastest the valve can go legally...although, if it can cycle that fast through bounce, an electro trigger would make it legal...since it wouldn't be bouncing...right?

anyone have any answers to how fast you can push a standard A.I.R. valve??

Asym
07-19-2005, 10:39 AM
Electrician said he was able to do 16(I think), others with hyperframes have said they could hit 20 with the 20BPS board. I haven't been able to push mine up that fast, need to order a ramping chip for my t-board.

Dayspring
07-19-2005, 11:14 AM
The upper limits of the valve's firing abilities haven't been reached yet. 26bps is just when you start to experience shootdown.

And they got it that fast by hooking a scuba to it and putting 1200+psi into the valve. I can only imagine how fast it would go with 3000. (the valve WILL take that.)

And it's NOT CPS. It's a full BPS measurement.

k0m0d067
07-19-2005, 11:21 AM
i was under the impression that 26 bps was the claim of the rt based valves? i'm trying to find out the limits of the A.I.R. valve...if the A.I.R. valve will do 26 bps, then that may be enough for the electro frame i'm building (although it is capable of faster)

thanks for all the info

:cheers:

11_Mile_TMaster
07-20-2005, 09:13 PM
i was under the impression that 26 bps was the claim of the rt based valves? i'm trying to find out the limits of the A.I.R. valve...if the A.I.R. valve will do 26 bps, then that may be enough for the electro frame i'm building (although it is capable of faster)

thanks for all the info

:cheers:

You will start to experience shootdown once you reach the 16bps range on the classic valve. It should still cycle (At least until it is cycling so fast that the valve cannot even recharge enough to drive the bolt forward...) at higher speeds. How fast is not really known.