PDA

View Full Version : schweitzer paintball and transporting co2 tanks

wanna-b-ballin'
07-17-2005, 03:45 PM
alright, i'm going up to idaho in august. to the sandpoint area. about an hours drive away is a paintball field at the schweitzer ski resort. i'v been there for skiing, its nice. i havent seen the field yet, but its a regulation x-ball field. the prices are a little steep, but i still want to try the place out.
i would just bring a c02 tank and my pump. no fancy stuff.

here's the problem, i dont want to remove the valve from my co2 tank to fly it up there with me. could i just screw it into an asa and not have it hooked up to anything? it wouldn't pressurize or anything, because the valve would be open. is that allowed?
or would it just be best to mail it up there in advance?
there is a possibility i could rent a tank there, but i dont know the price because its not on the website.

what are your suggestions. thanks.

Aslan
07-17-2005, 04:29 PM
alright, i'm going up to idaho in august. to the sandpoint area. about an hours drive away is a paintball field at the schweitzer ski resort. i'v been there for skiing, its nice. i havent seen the field yet, but its a regulation x-ball field. the prices are a little steep, but i still want to try the place out.
i would just bring a c02 tank and my pump. no fancy stuff.

here's the problem, i dont want to remove the valve from my co2 tank to fly it up there with me. could i just screw it into an asa and not have it hooked up to anything? it wouldn't pressurize or anything, because the valve would be open. is that allowed?
or would it just be best to mail it up there in advance?
there is a possibility i could rent a tank there, but i dont know the price because its not on the website.

what are your suggestions. thanks.

I'm confused. At first I thought you were talking about transporting CO2 cylinders (that you would use to refill CO2 tanks) by car/van. There are DOT regulations that cover this type of transport, do a keyword search for "Materials of Trade" for limitations.

If you're talking about air transport, that's tricky. There's virtually no chance of carrying it on...if you wanna try to carry a paintball GUN and potetntially EXPLOSIVE tank as carry-on...you best be the world's best salesman because you will probably get quite an arguement from just about every staff member at the airport. You might be able to put them in a case and check them...but I'd go to the airport a couple hours early because you are going to have to do some explaining about what the items are and show them that they are safe for transport (ie, the guage on the CO2 tank should show that the tank is empty).

Let us know how it goes...might be useful for others. :ninja:

Beemer
07-17-2005, 06:05 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=159344

I could tell ya how I found that with out the search feature, but then I would have to :shooting: ya :spit_take

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/AoIL.gif

wanna-b-ballin'
07-17-2005, 10:09 PM
so its just best to mail it to my destination. alright, i can do that. thanks