PDA

View Full Version : Board replacement? How hard is it?

blykins
07-17-2005, 08:13 PM
I recently got an Xmag and today I ordered the Predator 5.0 board. I am wondering how hard it is to install? I've only taken my grips off, I have an RT Pro but the E/Xmag has alot more stuff inside and I dont want to mess anything up. Does anyone have like a tutorial/guide to replacing the e/xmag board?

Tunaman
07-18-2005, 05:26 AM
It's not as easy as it may seem. These new boards do not have any mounting hole or ANY way to mount it at all. Most of the ones i have seen are just flopping around in the gripframe...which is not too good. ;)

BigEvil
07-18-2005, 08:33 AM
If im not mistaken, the new Tag emag board will secure to the same spot the stock board does. As opposed to the DIY Predator Morlocks, which you have to rig up yourself. I know that Bob and the Tag guys are working out a few hurdles in regards to make the thing as 'drop-in' as possible. At most, we may have to either solder the noid wires, or attach some connectors to them.

Tag works fast, so these questions should be answered shortly.

SpitFire1299
07-18-2005, 09:14 AM
Just make sure you dont break off your little buttons on the board!! Other than that.. just take out the screw on the back holding the solenoid, and the one in front holding the board. Then Gently remove it, and take out the wiring. Wait until you get the board so you can look at it and see if it comes with wires, or if you have to solder some things on.