PDA

View Full Version : PB Nation Translation Guide - Avoid the frustation!

hobbesTZ
07-18-2005, 12:31 AM
After being a member for PB Nation for multiple years, I've seen many users struggle with the strange and confusing language spoken by the majority of the population. I, with the help of a few others, have compiled and list of common phrases spoken by the locals and translated the seemingly mindless jabber into something we can all use. Because of the lack of punctionation and proper use of the space bar, it's hard to be 100% spot on with these but you'll get the general idea.

Phrase: dat gat iz ill
Translation: I like your paintball gun. It is very nice.

Phrase: i will buy ur gun
Translation: I would like to waste your time.

Phrase: I @/\/\ 1337
Translation: I need to get laid

Phrase: omg i sware to got u dont kno how to use ur gun and plus u shoot with 1 hand and u can walk that gun ur sutch an idiot kid thats the gaiest vid people this sucks
Translation:The video you made needs a little work. But, I appreciate your efforts and extend my greatest complements.

Phrase: thanx...glad 2 c some1 who gets the consept
Translation: Thank you, sir. I am certainly glad that someone is in the same mindset as me.

Phrase: i m me at "Mr.Agg411" im intersted in the trix
Translation: I'm not really interested in your marker, but please contact me about the Matrix.

Phrase: Virtue'd Shocker On The ROIDS
Translation: My shocker has a virtue board and it shoots very quickly.

Phrase: come on guys this thing mows titties!
Translation: My marker has a high ROF. As such, I would have expected more interest in it.

Phrase: holy that is pure hot
Translation: That is an attractive marker.

Phrase: hawt.
Translation: Hot.

Phrase: i think i busted
Translation: I'll leave this one up to your imagination :p

Phrase: send pics plz email me
Translation: In my haste I forgot to look at your thread and even though I'm not really interested at all I would appreciate it if you sent me pictures. I was not aware that some users on the site are older than 12 and live outside the ghetto.

There you have it. If your puzzled by something by something on PBN just take a look at this handy guide and you should find your answer. In all likelyhood, it's probably best to ignore everything you see, but some of the users are actually intelligent (it's true!). If I've left anything out, feel free to let me know and I'll add it. If there's already been a thread like this at some random point, suck it up :rolleyes:

Hairball
07-18-2005, 12:48 AM
I love you.

buzzboy
07-18-2005, 07:28 AM
LMAO.What on PbN you turn 13 and your considered a Senior Member.

BigEvil
07-18-2005, 07:35 AM
Funny because it is true.

dahoeb
07-18-2005, 08:18 AM
LOLOL
this is just too cool

steimway
07-18-2005, 08:44 AM
I try to avoid frustration by just never going there.

Captain Canuck
07-18-2005, 09:40 AM
I try to avoid frustration by just never going there.

Whurred.... QFT

Temo Vryce
07-18-2005, 01:48 PM
This brought a little happiness to my day and I thank you for that.

ojhspyro89
07-18-2005, 02:02 PM
I love how in certain gun forums, there are big rules. But kids still have for sale threads in the gun forum.

Nice translator, allthough, i think you forgot Hax04........ or is that video game term?

Bolter
07-19-2005, 04:41 AM
You forgot the token

PBNation: QFT^^
Translation: I can't be bothered to type anything, so I am just going to waste this post by quoting yours and then feeling good about myself.

PBNation: oh pls use grammer proper or teh intronet Police will teh secks you.
Translation: I would like you to note that your grammar isn't up to scratch, even though mine is no good either. And also please note that mis-spelling "the" gives you e-cool internet points.

650HP
07-19-2005, 01:45 PM
You guys might like this then.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1031319

cdacda13
07-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Thats PBN for you.

Target Practice
07-19-2005, 02:22 PM
AO users talk like this, and PBN users talk like this. Am I right or am I right?

Vex
07-19-2005, 09:44 PM
AO users talk like this, and PBN users talk like this. Am I right or am I right?
Yeah, well...

SpitFire1299
07-19-2005, 09:45 PM
Phrase:Sig
Translation:Ill trade you for the gun in my sig if your interested.

Phrase:Mags Suck!
Translation:Im ignorant and clearly have no idea what im saying.

Vex
07-19-2005, 11:08 PM
Exactly!

master_alexander
07-20-2005, 12:00 AM
in the event that you need to post on pbn and can talk so annyone would understand you...

http://www.zdspb.com/media/temp/pbntranslate.html

i bookmarked it from an old thread i was reading.

sneakyrob828
07-20-2005, 02:36 PM
pharse: pics soon
translation: I dont own a digital camera and i am to lazy to borrow my friend's.

paint magnet
07-20-2005, 05:05 PM
in the event that you need to post on pbn and can talk so annyone would understand you...

http://www.zdspb.com/media/temp/pbntranslate.html

i bookmarked it from an old thread i was reading.

Haha, that's great...too bad it doesn't work in reverse :)

buzzboy
07-21-2005, 07:52 AM
Here is my reply PBNifyed:

A THIS THNG IS PRETY FUN1!1!111 OMG LOL ROFL I LOVE MAKNG FUN OF PBNATION1!111!! OMG WTF LOL NEWB :P ROFL I DONT 3VAN POST THEIR!11!111 WTF LOL :P ROFL YEAH I WISH IT WORK3D IN REVERS31!11!!! OMG WTF NEWB :P =) THEN I CUD ACTUALY R3AD WUT PEOPL3 HAV 2 SAY OVAR ON PBN11!!1 LOL :P ROFL =)

paintballer275
07-21-2005, 05:03 PM
you forgot

phrase: sic muppet mowing gat
translation: my gun shoots really fast

Ov3rmind
07-21-2005, 05:13 PM
AO Translator:

Phrase: PBN Sucks!
Translation: I can't let go of my jealousy of PBN's vast wealth of information; so I'll try and make fun of them even though AO has the same problems to a lesser degree.

But seriously though, do you guys ever let go of this? The same PBN jokes have been running for atleast three years.

Echo419
07-21-2005, 05:14 PM
AO Translator:

Phrase: PBN Sucks!
Translation: I can't let go of my jealousy of PBN's vast wealth of information; so I'll try and make fun of them even though AO has the same problems to a lesser degree.
Amen.

MadPSIence
07-21-2005, 05:18 PM
what have I been saying all of this time? :rolleyes:

MadPSIence
07-21-2005, 05:19 PM
After being a member for PB Nation for multiple years, I've seen many users struggle with the strange and confusing language spoken by the majority of the population. I, with the help of a few others, have compiled and list of common phrases spoken by the locals and translated the seemingly mindless jabber into something we can all use. Because of the lack of punctionation and proper use of the space bar, it's hard to be 100% spot on with these but you'll get the general idea.

Phrase: dat gat iz ill
Translation: I like your paintball gun. It is very nice.

Phrase: i will buy ur gun
Translation: I would like to waste your time.

Phrase: I @/\/\ 1337
Translation: I need to get laid

Phrase: omg i sware to got u dont kno how to use ur gun and plus u shoot with 1 hand and u can walk that gun ur sutch an idiot kid thats the gaiest vid people this sucks
Translation:The video you made needs a little work. But, I appreciate your efforts and extend my greatest complements.

Phrase: thanx...glad 2 c some1 who gets the consept
Translation: Thank you, sir. I am certainly glad that someone is in the same mindset as me.

Phrase: i m me at "Mr.Agg411" im intersted in the trix
Translation: I'm not really interested in your marker, but please contact me about the Matrix.

Phrase: Virtue'd Shocker On The ROIDS
Translation: My shocker has a virtue board and it shoots very quickly.

Phrase: come on guys this thing mows titties!
Translation: My marker has a high ROF. As such, I would have expected more interest in it.

Phrase: holy that is pure hot
Translation: That is an attractive marker.

Phrase: hawt.
Translation: Hot.

Phrase: i think i busted
Translation: I'll leave this one up to your imagination :p

Phrase: send pics plz email me
Translation: In my haste I forgot to look at your thread and even though I'm not really interested at all I would appreciate it if you sent me pictures. I was not aware that some users on the site are older than 12 and live outside the ghetto.

There you have it. If your puzzled by something by something on PBN just take a look at this handy guide and you should find your answer. In all likelyhood, it's probably best to ignore everything you see, but some of the users are actually intelligent (it's true!). If I've left anything out, feel free to let me know and I'll add it. If there's already been a thread like this at some random point, suck it up :rolleyes:

Phrase: :dodgy:
Translation: I present this emoticon to try and make up for my lack of redeeming qualities or useful content in this post.

magn00b
07-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Phrase:Sig
Translation:Ill trade you for the gun in my sig if your interested.

sooo someones ingnorant for not liking mags?

i dont like mags, guess i need to apply for the slow classes and the shortbus for school next year.

Echo419
07-21-2005, 05:29 PM
sooo someones ingnorant for not liking mags?
i dont like mags, guess i need to apply for the slow classes and the shortbus for school next year.
Theres a difference between Ignorance, and Preference. You are not ignorant to mags, but rather you prefer a different gun

VFX_Fenix
07-21-2005, 05:33 PM
oned?

Here's a gg-grenade for all of you! :bounce:

SO does anyone honestly know what the term "Muppets" is in refference to besides the Jim Henson and Frank Oz creations?

buzzboy
07-21-2005, 05:49 PM
I would say that Muppets is either

Losers
Posers
Noobs
The other team
Everyone else