PDA

View Full Version : Music that gets you pumped up pre-game...

blykins
07-18-2005, 01:56 AM
What does everyone like to listen too before playing a game?
Mine is Metallica - Dyers Eve

magman007
07-18-2005, 02:05 AM
Hey man, nice shot=Filter

anything from rage

thousand foot krutch, rawkfist

any thing from prodigy, off the album, the fat of the land

mandatory
07-18-2005, 02:39 AM
Anything skrewed & chopped......thowed n' slowed.....boss hog outlaws....ESG...UGK...SUC...HSE....

islandmag
07-18-2005, 03:05 AM
bro hymn by pennywise :headbang:

magmonkey
07-18-2005, 04:46 AM
old school punk like

the misfits- Mommy can I go out and kill tonight?

anything black flag

the pogues A pair of brown eyes

SLAPSHOT

some newer stuff

dropkick murphys

big bad bollocks

and a song called the foggy dew played at maximum volume

Captain Canuck
07-18-2005, 09:47 AM
Dropkick Murphys
The Tragically Hip
Drowning Pool
Prodigy

God I could go on and on.... basically anything that is bad for me ears when cranked up.

Muzikman
07-18-2005, 09:52 AM
Dancing Queen or Flight of the Valkyries

LudavicoSoldier
07-18-2005, 09:52 AM
Paint It Black - The Used

This track has really been doing it for me lately. :D

quik
07-18-2005, 10:00 AM
I always listen to some really crappy new age rock music because its the only crap on.

MoneyShot
07-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Classical music, lol, or beethoven. HEEHEE

ottomobile
07-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Here ya go:

CnC music factory, "Gonna make you sweat" :bounce:
Although the theme to Mortal Kombat works too :ninja:

mobsterboy
07-18-2005, 11:21 AM
anything rock works...Breaking Benjamin, Crossfade, System of a Down, Blindside, Sum 41, Smile Empty Soul, and maybe some TapRoot

Billz804
07-18-2005, 11:24 AM
The Unseen-Scream Out
Dropkick Murphys-Tessie
The Exploited-Sex and Violence
The Misfits-Bullet

Lots of '77, punk, oi, and some new stuff.

CKY_Alliance
07-18-2005, 11:24 AM
CKY lately anything off thier new album...tripled manic state,deciet is striking gold,and sniped will get the job done.

AGDlover
07-18-2005, 11:53 AM
anything from
Pantera
Strapping Young Lad
Shadows Fall
Metallica(MOP)
and some others

JimmyBeam
07-18-2005, 11:59 AM
Pantera

nuff said

bound for glory
07-18-2005, 12:08 PM
bad religion. minor threat, bound for glory, penny wise, any skinhead oi! music that makes me want to smash things...

LegumeOfTerror
07-18-2005, 01:41 PM
ACDC - For those about to rock we salute you, Dirty Deed Done Dirt Cheap, TNT, Let There Be Rock

:hail: Led Zeppelin :hail: - Immigrant Song, Rock and Roll, Black Dog

Deep Purple - Storm Bringer, Highway Star, Speed King

Bad Company - Bad Company

REAL rock, not what you people call rock. some 18 yeal old kids playing 3 chords over and over while the lead "singer" and his prepubecent voice crackle on the mike as he whines about how his parents hate him and his life is oh so difficult, being loaded and all. :cry: take a look at your parents old records if you want something that dosnt take 15 min of guitar lessons to play.

Long live rock, be it dead or alive. :headbang:

-Chris The Almighty

mandatory
07-18-2005, 05:16 PM
WOW...All rock(except for mine)...an odd trend. I guess theres another part of paintball i dont identify with.

cioeboy
07-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Mudvayne-Happy?
works every time

trevorjk
07-18-2005, 05:51 PM
Mindless Self Indulgence! (www.mindlessselfindulgence.com)! especially when i want to play my best (aggressive) .... otherwise what ever cd is in at the time... here is an attached player with a sample of stuff i listen to

<embed src="http://tinyurl.com/cy73l" menu="false" quality="high" width="300" height="320" name="index" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="playList=http://trevorjk.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/playlist.xml&ShowPlaylist=1&ShowEQ=1&firstTrack=0&initVol=50" wmode="transparent" border="0" / >

CKY_Alliance
07-18-2005, 05:56 PM
WOW...All rock(except for mine)...an odd trend. I guess theres another part of paintball i dont identify with.

trend?is it trendy to listen to ac/dc now?ehh its jhust what people like...a trend would be the little lou vaton head bands and pink guns thats a trend.

buzzboy
07-18-2005, 06:30 PM
What ever CD is in the car. You know. I like something such as loud alternative(sum 41, green day, etc.) or more metaly(black sabbath or metalica).

warbeak2099
07-18-2005, 06:37 PM
ACDC - For those about to rock we salute you, Dirty Deed Done Dirt Cheap, TNT, Let There Be Rock

:hail: Led Zeppelin :hail: - Immigrant Song, Rock and Roll, Black Dog

REAL rock, not what you people call rock. some 18 yeal old kids playing 3 chords over and over while the lead "singer" and his prepubecent voice crackle on the mike as he whines about how his parents hate him and his life is oh so difficult, being loaded and all. :cry: take a look at your parents old records if you want something that dosnt take 15 min of guitar lessons to play.

Long live rock, be it dead or alive. :headbang:

-Chris The Almighty

Bingo my friend! Classic rock is the greatest music ever made. And it's REAL rock. Getting the Led out always gets me going whether I'm go to work or on the way to the pb field. That and anything else on the local classic rock station. Jethro Tull is another fav of mine. Locomotive Breath, Aqualung, Thick as a Brick, cmon...

the_lane
07-18-2005, 07:40 PM
Bingo my friend! Classic rock is the greatest music ever made. And it's REAL rock. Getting the Led out always gets me going whether I'm go to work or on the way to the pb field. That and anything else on the local classic rock station. Jethro Tull is another fav of mine. Locomotive Breath, Aqualung, Thick as a Brick, cmon...
Originally Posted by LegumeOfTerror

Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song, Rock and Roll, Black Dog

REAL rock, not what you people call rock. some 18 yeal old kids playing 3 chords over and
Increase Size Decrease Size Smilies

over while the lead "singer" and his prepubecent voice crackle on the mike as he whines about how his parents hate him and his life is oh so difficult, being loaded and all. take a look at your parents old records if you want something that dosnt take 15 min of guitar lessons to play.

Long live rock, be it dead or alive.

-Chris The Almighty
i agree totally but how could any not get pumped up by QUEEN defenitely bycycle and another one bites the dust ...or anything w/ a good beat (im serious about the queen)

-lane

mandatory
07-18-2005, 07:45 PM
trend?is it trendy to listen to ac/dc now?ehh its jhust what people like...a trend would be the little lou vaton head bands and pink guns thats a trend.

I didnt mean trendy in the sense that everyone is listening to rock caus its the "in thing", just that i noticed tha everyone that poasted said they usually listen to rock. A trend in the answers....

JKR
07-18-2005, 07:59 PM
Oh yeah, ACDC and Led Zeppelin are excellent choices.

I must not leave out Iron Maiden for getting the blood flowing!

gc82000
07-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Vanessa Carlton and Kelly Clarkson and the newest Backstreet Boyz songs and whoever it is that has the most annoying and repeated song out now.

heeehehehehe :D But really pretty much what you guys have already.

CKY_Alliance
07-18-2005, 09:07 PM
I didnt mean trendy in the sense that everyone is listening to rock caus its the "in thing", just that i noticed tha everyone that poasted said they usually listen to rock. A trend in the answers....

well i took it as a trend as in the flavor of the week since you said...not exact.."another part of paintball i dont identify with" so that made it seem as if you ment trend as in something trendy...i see what you ment now. :cheers:

WARPED1
07-18-2005, 09:14 PM
Anything by Rage Against the Machine pumps me up.

gortman44
07-18-2005, 10:56 PM
Dancing Queen or Flight of the Valkyries

yeah thats what i am talking about

so much to name
mushroom head
rammstein
fear factory
disturbed
atreyu
braking benjamin

Vex
07-18-2005, 11:16 PM
Seek and Destroy - Metallica
Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit
Searching - Pennywise
Battery - Metallica
Am I Demon? - Danzig
Garage Days Re-revisited (the entire album) - Metallica
Am I Evil? - Metallica

I could go on and on, but why?

Jackel411
07-18-2005, 11:21 PM
Certain songs by up and coming " Suicide City " Pretty good actualy.. its a Kittie/biohazard and new guys hybrid.. , Black Label Society , Nothingface , HED(pe) , oddly enough some rap IE stuff from G-Unit and Little John.. come on.. Get crunk... eh eh eh? YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! WHAT!?! OKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

JRingold
07-18-2005, 11:30 PM
Anything NIN. Then there's that "Cotton Eyed Joe" song from the Red Nex... That just gits me in the mood to shoot stuff. Bizarre, I know...

atm743
07-18-2005, 11:38 PM
bro hymn by pennywise :headbang:

hell ya !!! im with ya !

i also like

soilwork- wepond of vanity

pennywise- rise up

pennywise- my god

reel big fish- 241

the suicide machines- hey

and then my day is set :D

LONEWOLFOO1
07-19-2005, 07:41 AM
BROTHERS IN ARMS by martin O donell halo soundtrack.
track 4 on the matrix soundtrack

i like to listen to music with no people talking it leaves more to the imagination

warbeak2099
07-19-2005, 07:48 AM
Ooh ooh, another good one is Welcome to the Jungle by Guns 'n Roses. That pumps me up. O Sweet Child of Mine is good too. All Along the Watchtower by Hendrix is good too.

yingyang
07-19-2005, 01:14 PM
Trevorjk you forgot "Ultrasex" that song get my mojo moving

trevorjk
07-19-2005, 01:28 PM
Trevorjk you forgot "Ultrasex" that song get my mojo moving

yeah i was useing free webhosting for those songs.... didnt have space to put it up ;)

im thinking im going to have to flush out the cash and get a webhost :(

Adamk58
07-19-2005, 03:45 PM
Any song in which Randy Rhoads is playing guitar. Even though Im sure most people dont even know who he is. (and they should be ashamed)

Eatem Alive
07-19-2005, 04:02 PM
thunderstruck - ac/dc

the beginning of b.y.o.b - system of a down

the grudge - tool

bound for glory
07-19-2005, 05:15 PM
max resist and the hooligans
blue eyed devils
stormwatch
whitewash
bull dog breed
intimadation one(portland oi!

bad religion
dirty rotten imbeciles :headbang:

0)

DaveSM
07-19-2005, 06:44 PM
I have many songs that I could listen to but I usually don't pump up with music but with plain silence. Music that would be great to pump me up (from the lightest to the heaviest)

Aplocalyptica (classical metal) : The Hall of Mountain King, Hyperventilation and a few others

Dream Theater (pregrassive metal) : Beyond this life, Metropolis Part one, Fatal Tragedy, a few tracks of their last album

Quo Vadis (black/speed metal) : Hunter killer, As one, I am and many others

onedude36
07-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Rob zombie any one? Dragula.

StuDawggie
07-19-2005, 07:58 PM
Rob zombie any one? Dragula.

That works for me, but usually it's Ted Nugent "Call of the Wild" CD, or if I'm in the mood for some angry white boy music it's Eminem, D12, or possibly Kid Rock. However I do find that Lynyrd Skynyrd, or Kentucky Headhunters tends to work well too (however I do need a spitoon when I listen to that)

warbeak2099
07-19-2005, 08:41 PM
That works for me, but usually it's Ted Nugent "Call of the Wild" CD, or if I'm in the mood for some angry white boy music it's Eminem, D12, or possibly Kid Rock. However I do find that Lynyrd Skynyrd, or Kentucky Headhunters tends to work well too (however I do need a spitoon when I listen to that)

Freebird is the second greatest song ever made.

yakitori
07-19-2005, 08:53 PM
Depeche Mode - Barrel of a gun, Useless, personal jesus, policy of truth, only when I lose myself

I have a long drive, so I just pop in the disc.

I dont really like to listen to music that gets me upped too much cause I play better when my mind is clear and Im calm.

for up music I guess

Crystal method - legion of boom disc
RATM - any disc.
chemical brothers

there are others, but I dont feel like listing stuff everyone else has already mentioned. It seems kinda cliche. :p

staticdecay
07-19-2005, 11:16 PM
Mindless Self Indulgence! (www.mindlessselfindulgence.com)! especially when i want to play my best (aggressive) .... otherwise what ever cd is in at the time... here is an attached player with a sample of stuff i listen to

<embed src="http://tinyurl.com/cy73l" menu="false" quality="high" width="300" height="320" name="index" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="playList=http://trevorjk.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/playlist.xml&ShowPlaylist=1&ShowEQ=1&firstTrack=0&initVol=50" wmode="transparent" border="0" / >

You should try carcass their pretty good to if you liked darkest.

I personally prefer Ministry and KMFDM to get me pumped but pantera and many other h-metal band work just as well fast and aggressive is all I need.

yakitori
07-20-2005, 07:54 AM
wow, a lot of you guys listen to some pretty sinister music. :p

temps
07-20-2005, 10:07 AM
I have this old tape of 70's-80's music.. Its the soundtrack from a Ron Jerrmy film. Started out as a joke.. and now its a tradition for paintball and road trips.