PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Barrels...

MrSnugglebumz
07-18-2005, 02:56 PM
Anyone have any input on a nice barrel to throw on a new ULE RT with cocker threads? I know about the big/small/medium bore paint and how it handles in barrels :shooting: , but looking to see what people suggest.

SpitFire1299
07-18-2005, 02:58 PM
Freak kit, evil pipe kit.. etc. The kits are the greatest because you can always adjust to your paint size to keep you shooting accurate.

I have a teardrop that i rarely use, but it works good. Its the old school one too. My barrel that i use is a freak back and a 1in tip by white-wolves air smithing *i believe. Its better than any barrel ive ever used.

Automaggot68
07-18-2005, 03:02 PM
My one peice Custom Products 14 inch shoots just as accurately as my Matchstikk Kit.

cdacda13
07-18-2005, 03:03 PM
How much money you got?
Do you want a kit or just a regualr barrel?

VFX_Fenix
07-18-2005, 06:18 PM
Improvement in overall ballance (makes the gun less tail heavy) -
DYE Stainless Steel - Bob Long: Long Shot Stainless Steel - TASO Pro Series SS - J&J Stainless - 32* Stainless

Single Barrels (In order of prefference) -
CP One-Piece - LAPCO (wild card)Shot - CP Two-Piece Pro Series - SP All American - Stiffi

Kits (In order of prefference)
Warped Sportz Lucky 15 - CP Pro Kit - Freak

Please note that these are all barrels I've owned at one time or another (with the exception of the Lucky 15 but they're made by CP and are a set of 3 One-Piece barrels).

I like Stainless for ballance and weight, One-piece barrels are a favorite (especially if they're stepped but sadly not even Jacko makes one-piece stepped barrels anymore for anything besides the Angel if Jacko is even still around and hasn't been absorbed by WDP). Multi-piece kits lose appeal though they do have their advantages over owning one-piece barrels or even kits which use different backs (2 piece barrels, not 3).

Outlaw5
07-18-2005, 07:43 PM
If you can get a kit then you should look at the Powerlyte Scepter 5 Bore Kit. I have one and it shoots rounds on top of one another. If you want a single bore then a Speedline barrel by powerlyte or a CP single bore barrel. .689 should hold you in good stead. Hope this helps. V/R Jerry Perkins, SF

MadPSIence
07-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Empire has to be the single greatest kit I've used. Ever. Simple, good looking, accurate as possible, and cheaper than other kits.

A 7-pc kit is overkill in utility and still costs less than having a full freak kit with back, front and inserts.

c_bass
07-19-2005, 12:48 AM
A freak kit will do the trick. Actually any kit will do the trick because all you would want to do is match the paint to the barrel. Though I have noticed that shorter barrels (under 12") work the best with mags. Thats my two shillings.