PDA

View Full Version : Should I trust them?

SkatingPunk
12-01-2001, 07:32 PM
After going through many sites and searching many forums I found that the automag would be the best gun to buy next. So I went and I sold my Spyder Tl plus ($130) and got some more money then I went searching for an automag online. Finally I found a good deal on one, TKO automag that comes with proggresive barrel and an expansion chamber for $299, at pbgear.com. Then I thought to myself "There has to be some kind of catch" so I come to ask you guys. first of all what does TKO stand for and is it a different version of the automag or something? Is it a good idea to order your gun offline? Is pbgear.com a trustworthy site? and also should i get a minimag or an automag?

Thx:D

irbodden
12-01-2001, 07:38 PM
Yes, paintballgear.com is very trustworthy, and its more than safe to order your gun online. The TKO Automag, is just an Automag package they put together. Stick with the automag as opposed to the Minimag, IMO.

Good Luck :cool:

Tunaman
TKO refers to the Manufacturer of the cheap parts they put on there. Buy a used one with better stuff on it for the same price. You will surely find a better deal than that one.

bornl33t
I seem to hear alot of complaints about that site.... have never though of them to get anything from though.
Also the TKO is a Autocockers thing done through a company to make something else look good. It's essentially a stock mag with a few cheap addons, barrel etc. The TKO cocker is still a nice gun.

SkatingPunk
12-01-2001, 08:21 PM
ok i am probably not going to get the tko now that i heard the extra parts are crappy. i think i am going to buy a new mag though from like firstcallpaintball.com, so what should i buy extra? i mean i am going to buy a n2 tank with the money i got from spyder (probably a crossfire stub). can anyone help me out or give me their opinions?
thx
Also ,HEAT, aren't we talking about mags and not cockers?

wolverine85929
12-01-2001, 08:42 PM
The mini is just as good as a mag. The minis just cost a little more. I have both and do not regret buying either one.

Drew
12-01-2001, 09:54 PM
if you can afford the mini, go for it, cool body design (I think) power feed, virtical ASA, just get a Mag, you'll love it:D

AngelBoy
12-01-2001, 09:59 PM
I've had INCREDIBLY bad experiance from paintballgear.com. They have a great selection and a great site, so I go there to find what I want, and then I go to other sites to order it.

SkatingPunk
12-01-2001, 10:17 PM
Why is paintballgear.com so bad?

mag59459
12-01-2001, 11:57 PM
i've made over a dozen orders from paintballgear and never had a problem, a few times i would order paint and they would be out of the color i asked for. I would get a call the next day telling me my other options. I've only had a very good experience there.

biggins
12-02-2001, 12:52 AM
The only problem I had with them was around xmass they start getting stuff on backorder, and can't update the website fast enough.

They gave me a phone call about and all around its a good site IMO.

tysonmachado
12-02-2001, 07:45 AM
I used to order from Paintballgear.com and I recommended it to my roommate when he was looking to buy some new accessories. So he made an order and began to wait for his new gear.
Then I started receiving e-mails about his order. We were worried that they were sending information about him and his order. My roommate, being a comp-sci PH.D. student and the leading authority on computer and network security on campus (all of the professors and grad students in the department defer to him on this subject), decided that this was a security issue in their website or their database. So he called them to politely inform them of the problem so that their techs could fix it.
Their customer support was rude to him and treated him like he was an idiot. The tech department had customer support inform him that they could not be bothered to speak with him. After much persistence they did speak to him but refused to accept that there was a problem with their system. Apparently, their database software had merged our identities because we have the same shipping address. The pbgear techs couldn't see how this was a problem.
Frustrated and a little disturbed by their regards for customer privacy and protection, my roommate canceled his order and asked them to credit the purchase back to his credit card.
Two days after he cancelled the order, they shipped it out anyway. The shipping notice was e-mailed to me. He called them to find out what was going on and they said they had shipped by mistake. They wanted him to pay to ship it back. They also informed him that they had credited his card for the purchase. He then called his card only to find they had not credited his account. Still they insisted they had credited his card. The customer support guy then repeated the last four digits of the credit card number and they did not mach my roommate's card. The customer support guy then said "you're Tyson Machado, right?" (I'm Tyson Machado.) He was furious when I got home, ranting about what had happened. So I called my credit card and sure enough they had credited MY credit card! And they had credited it for ten dollars less than the charge had been! When my roommate called paintballgear back they said "can't your roommate just pay you back in cash?" (By the way, it was a $300 order.)
So, just to wrap this up, after about a month of hassle with paintballgear refusing to admit any fault on their part and my roommates credit card company telling him that the only legal action he could take was to sue ME for credit card fraud, we got the credit removed from my card and credited to his, the order was sent back, and neither of us will order from them again. They are sloppy, unprofessional, and unconcerned with the safety and privacy of their customers.
Think about this. If I had moved to California and my roommate had moved in to replace me. Assuming we had never even met, this exact same thing could have happened. Only then you are talking credit card fraud between two people who have never met and are not communicating with each other. This time they are lucky it was just a pair of friends who could figure out why this was happening.

FeelTheRT
12-02-2001, 08:01 AM
buy a used Mag, you can get nice deals. While reffing yesterday, I saw this one kid have a PF Automag with an 68/45 AA tank, he told me he bought the whole set up for only 300.

Apocolypse
12-02-2001, 10:30 AM
i have ordered a few parts from paintballgear.com. about a year ago, i ordered a double trigger frame for my spyder. when i got the part, there were a few things wrong with it. first of all, the bottomline threads were not the same, so i broke my bottom line screws tring to get it on. when i went to test the frame, it did that full auto thing, im assuming there was something wrong with the sear so it wasnt catching the hammer. so, my dad called up and got a return address and return confirmation number(i think thats what they are called) and i sent the frmae back. about a month later, when the cradit card bill arrived, we find out we have not been credited the $40. so we call up, and they say they have to evidence of any return, or even any order in the first place. so basically, they screwed us out of $40. other than that, ive had good experience with them.

MajorDamage
12-02-2001, 03:23 PM
The TKO package isnt crappy. It comes with a Smart Parts Progressive barrel( a $50 barrel) or a Dye Aluminum barrel($85 barrel), a bottomline, gasthru foregrip, macro and verticel adapter. Is there really a cheaply made gasthru and duckbill? I don't think so, its all the same! It also comes with AGD wrap-around grips. Its a really nice starting package. My buddy has one and they gave him a Dye Aluminum barrel instead of the progressive.

ENDO!

bornl33t
12-03-2001, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by SkatingPunk
ok i am probably not going to get the tko now that i heard the extra parts are crappy. i think i am going to buy a new mag though from like firstcallpaintball.com, so what should i buy extra? i mean i am going to buy a n2 tank with the money i got from spyder (probably a crossfire stub). can anyone help me out or give me their opinions?
thx
Also ,HEAT, aren't we talking about mags and not cockers?

Gal dernit. READ THE FREEKING POST. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A TKO AUTOMAG. Seing as how you asked the question I though you were a newbie looking for info so I brought up the TKO cocker. grrrr....kids

StevoC
12-03-2001, 09:47 AM
Try bbtpaintball.com. They have great prices on mags, and are good to deal with. May not the friendliest people, but are very reliable.

gimp
12-03-2001, 10:35 AM
I order from paintballgear all the time. I've never been ripped off, but one time it took them 4 weeks to send me something that was supposedly in stock, that I ordered 2nd day air. They included like, 350 bucks of extra stuff with it though. I emailed them and told them but they didn't reply, so I got 350 dollars of free gear.

Ityl
12-03-2001, 11:05 AM
I got the package from PBgear and it worked out good. But you can get a good deal on used, just might need to buy a parts kit to replace the orings, no biggie.

FooTemps
12-03-2001, 12:40 PM
I suggest going with used a used one. It's a lot cheaper than buying it new and you can get more parts/accessories out of the deal.