PDA

View Full Version : Need Ion Help Asap!!!!!!!

Soopa Villain17
07-19-2005, 12:17 PM
well i just got my ion today , and i was shooting it and now it doesnt shoot ? i thought it might have been the trigger stop , but now when i pull the trigger it doesnt make the clicking noise likes its hitting the micro switch ? any help would be great , thANKS :)

CKY_Alliance
07-19-2005, 12:18 PM
New battery??

EDIT: o wait if it was battery then it wouldnt turn on...are you turning it on..hehe

Soopa Villain17
07-19-2005, 12:22 PM
battery should be fine , i feel a big difference in the trigger pull , i think its gunna do with the magnet possibly

Soopa Villain17
07-19-2005, 12:45 PM
ok well i fixed that problem , it was just the trigger addjustment screw , but now ive got a new problem , wich i think might just be lack of pressure ? right now the guage says its at about 165 170 psi , but its kinda going "fump" and only shooting about 35 feet ? should i turn up the pressure or is this normal ? it ifs normal then i cant see how any1 plays with these guns if the ball only shotos 35 feet ?

Lohman446
07-19-2005, 12:46 PM
input pressure should be about 185... though you should get better than that being that close

atm743
07-19-2005, 12:49 PM
ok well i fixed that problem , it was just the trigger addjustment screw , but now ive got a new problem , wich i think might just be lack of pressure ? right now the guage says its at about 165 170 psi , but its kinda going "fump" and only shooting about 35 feet ? should i turn up the pressure or is this normal ? it ifs normal then i cant see how any1 plays with these guns if the ball only shotos 35 feet ?

that is the reg

i only have mine set at like 150 160

you either need a new battery

or

clean your reg

Soopa Villain17
07-19-2005, 12:58 PM
well i got it today , i got it in a trade from platinum jason here on ao , and he said he onyl test fired it 2 times, so the reg should be fine maybe its the battery, probly since it looks like one of those crappy cheap batteries , i did stick my tounge on it and it did tingle my tounge a little bit , but ill try a energizer or something

EDIT: when the gun is degassed the gauge reads 110 , is this normal ?

Paintchucker
07-19-2005, 01:04 PM
a marginal battery is probably the #1 ION problem causer... Always keep a new one handy.

I think it says that in the manual, but it keeps the pressure for about 2-3 shots worth after you degass the gun. Yes, that would be normal, but proceed with caution... Turn your eyes off and it should shootdown...

atm743
07-19-2005, 01:04 PM
well i got it today , i got it in a trade from platinum jason here on ao , and he said he onyl test fired it 2 times, so the reg should be fine maybe its the battery, probly since it looks like one of those crappy cheap batteries , i did stick my tounge on it and it did tingle my tounge a little bit , but ill try a energizer or something

EDIT: when the gun is degassed the gauge reads 110 , is this normal ?

ya somtimes air gets stuck in the reg . jest have the gun on and shoot it once.

really this happen to me before. its probibly the battery but if its not its the reg.

i had a problem with like this with the stock reg. thats y i got a stabilizer

Soopa Villain17
07-19-2005, 01:14 PM
there is no presuure at all in the gun , when i opned the box the gauge read 110, ill try the battery thing ill take the one out of my tes and try it

yakitori
07-19-2005, 01:38 PM
probably the battery. If not, take it apart and clean and lube it w/ Dow 33, or shocker lube. and reassemble.

friend at the field had the same thing happen and the battery change was all it needed.

WenULiVeUdiE
07-19-2005, 01:55 PM
It's possible your gauge is stuck at 110. As in, 110 is really zero. If all these other tests fail, replace the guage and see if it is any better.

Soopa Villain17
07-19-2005, 02:15 PM
thanks for the help , i havent got any lube , im suprised the gun didnt come with any ??!?!?!? , but when i change the battery ill let you know

wanna-b-ballin'
07-19-2005, 07:37 PM
i sent an extra battery with the TES, u could use that one without taking the grip on the tes off.
did u send the package yet?

yakitori
07-19-2005, 09:03 PM
dont tell me you traded the Ion for a TES. Please, I hope not. :eek:

wanna-b-ballin'
07-20-2005, 12:13 AM
no. dont poop yourself yakitory. please.

i traded my tes for his tippy and some mag parts. i shipped first, so the tippy and mag parts should be getting to my house on thursday or friday if he sent it out today.

yakitori
07-20-2005, 07:52 AM
no. dont poop yourself yakitory. please.

i traded my tes for his tippy and some mag parts. i shipped first, so the tippy and mag parts should be getting to my house on thursday or friday if he sent it out today.

lol. I almost did soil myself. that was close. :cool:

NoLifeLeft
07-20-2005, 08:00 AM
If your pressure is that high and your shots are that slow check to see how low your dwell is. I've seen a lot of people who have messed up their dwell while adjusting the ROF or firing mode.